GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped for focus

"He was given his termination notice on May 25. She was last seen on June 25. Her body was found the last day that he was officially employed at the Barrister Hall Apartments.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/28750291/detail.html

I don't know about BB or BH policy and procedure... I just know as a business owner/employer myself that when I TERMINATE someone (fire them) THAT is their LAST OFFICIAL DAY OF EMPLOYMENT!

Could it have only been a seasonal "lay-off"???

I am just guessing here, but I doubt the MM would have been handed paper work a FULL MONTH before his actual last official day of work. (GA does require that the employer provide the employee a seperation notice upon termination, but it is usually included with the final pay check when the terms are "friendly" and just handed to the person and they are told to leave in not so friendly situations)

Seems odd to me... I would like to know more and hear from BB on this issue.

I don't know about BB or BH policy and procedure... I just know as a business owner/employer myself that when I TERMINATE someone (fire them) THAT is their LAST OFFICIAL DAY OF EMPLOYMENT!

Could it have only been a seasonal "lay-off"???

I am just guessing here, but I doubt the MM would have been handed paper work a FULL MONTH before his actual last official day of work. (GA does require that the employer provide the employee a seperation notice upon termination, but it is usually included with the final pay check when the terms are "friendly" and just handed to the person and they are told to leave in not so friendly situations)

Seems odd to me... I would like to know more and hear from BB on this issue.
I agree. It did not sound like a "termination" to me.
More like he was working out a notice.
Maybe moving or taking another job somewhere.
In which case, McD would have then known this in advance,
giving him the perfect "target" for his plan.
His leaving, just before everyone was about to move out... it was perfect.

I agree. It did not sound like a "termination" to me.
More like he was working out a notice.
Maybe moving or taking another job somewhere.
In which case, McD would have then known this in advance,
giving him the perfect "target" for his plan.
His leaving, just before everyone was about to move out... it was perfect.

But did the guy move to Mars?

How does McD know he can pin this on him? That MM would not have an air-tight alibi? He should be easy to locate and question, unless he is a migrant worker and returns perhaps to Mexico? I have a slightly uneasy feeling about MM and his well being.

Just does not make any sense.

This Above the Law site has some pretty darkly cynical commenters . I found this link on there quite interesting . From what we are hearing about McD, sounds right up his alley http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/e-sermons/butcher.html Also now when I Google Stephen McDaniel, my first hit directs me to frea...ics dot, but I am not really sure why . Can't wait to see what websites McD was going to on his computer .

Re: frea....ics (no need to give them more false hits), the SMcD associated with that site is a different person. A programmer, I believe Been there, done that. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been giving this motive a thought or two. I first started thinking of it when I read this part of the following article

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/Analyzing-Stephen-McDaniels-Media-Exposure-126800008.html
Clinical Social Worker Daphne Stevens says that usually someone in this situation would have gone into a protective mode and not spoken to the media, but that wasn't the case for McDaniel.
"This is a move from a man who wants to be recognized," says Stevens.

Hopefully, I copied this according to copyright. If not please delete it.

As we learn more and more, I beginning to wonder if this crime was a huge "Up Yours" to the entire Mercer law school community. SM and LG both attended the college. One undoubtedly ranked higher in the graduating class than the other although we don't know their rankings. Both seem to be from opposite ends of the socializing and peer acceptance spectrum. I am thinking maybe SM came to Mercer law school expecting to be more recognized for his abilities than he ended up being. RUMOR has it that he sent some type of message to everybody at the school that was not well received. Perhaps things went downhill from there. Lauren seems to be the exact opposite student from SM: popular, well thought of, successful. I don't know if she was the best and the brightest of this class or not. I think she represented to him what he wanted to be but could not be. I am thinking that maybe his motive was to do something to make this class of students remember him. He might even wanted to be caught. This is all assuming he is the killer as been charged. I know this is far out there, but it could be true.

Hmm... the fact that the MM is another student does put a slightly different twist on this...

Hmm... the fact that the MM is another student does put a slightly different twist on this...

Humm is right... just guessing here (MOO), but my money is on the MM being one of the other POI's back when LE was stating there were "several".

3rd year law, wonder if he graduated with the rest of the class? Wonder what the "relationships" were like between the 3 of them (MM, SM, LG)??

Still more questions than answers.

I feel like LE has pretty much ruled the MM out at this point, but when you go back to all the "rumors" there was always the one that "rumored" SM was just a pawn to flush out the "real" killer... don't really buy that thought though, does not make sense why anyone would allow themselves to be used that way.

Puts the "termination" talk into a new light though and makes it sound as if the MM was only serving out his notice to leave the job.

Anyone else notice how extremely constricted SM's pupils are during his interview? Perhaps he was on some kind of speed to keep him up for days, as he had much to do..

Humm is right... just guessing here (MOO), but my money is on the MM being one of the other POI's back when LE was stating there were "several".

3rd year law, wonder if he graduated with the rest of the class? Wonder what the "relationships" were like between the 3 of them (MM, SM, LG)??

Still more questions than answers.

I feel like LE has pretty much ruled the MM out at this point, but when you go back to all the "rumors" there was always the one that "rumored" SM was just a pawn to flush out the "real" killer... don't really buy that thought though, does not make sense why anyone would allow themselves to be used that way.

Puts the "termination" talk into a new light though and makes it sound as if the MM was only serving out his notice to leave the job.
Definitely more questions.
I too think he was cleared earlier... they wouldn't have charged McD otherwise.
As stated before, they obviously have more evidence.

It does seem odd to me that you would give another student a master key.
Giving them access to their classmates' apartments?
I wouldn't think Mercer would care too much for that.

Smooth, please see my post from an hour ago. That is not the same SMcD, and let's stop posting his name and website here please. We do not want to add to the confusion. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely more questions.
I too think he was cleared earlier... they wouldn't have charged McD otherwise.
As stated before, they obviously have more evidence.

It does seem odd to me that you would give another student a master key.
Giving them access to their classmates' apartments?
I wouldn't think Mercer would care too much for that.

I strongly agree that MM obviously would have been cleared.

Although the apartments are across the street from the law school, they're not on Mercer property or owned by Mercer, so I guess the school doesn't really have a say in what decisions BB makes in terms of security.

I strongly agree that MM obviously would have been cleared.

Although the apartments are across the street from the law school, they're not on Mercer property or owned by Mercer, so I guess the school doesn't really have a say in what decisions BB makes in terms of security.
True, they have no legal say in the matter.
Honestly, if I were a student, I don't think I'd even want to be in that position.

Upthread post #146, SmoothOperator asked:
how LE would notice/conclude one of SMcD’s keys = MASTER KEY for all Bhall apts.

My limited, dated experience w. master keys in the workplace
(but I believe still applicable to current, low-end/basic security)
is key-head of master has etched text:

“DO NOT DUPLICATE”
or
“DO NOT COPY”

MY SPECULATION (and only spec.):

SMcD’s keys may/h/bn. visible to LE at his apt., or patdown/frisk, or metal detector at courthouse/police stn.

Macon LE is likely familiar w. shape, size, etc of metal keys Univ. still uses.

After determining SMcD’s special do-not-copy key was NOT a Univ. key,
LE's next logical step is to see if SMcD's master key was for BHall apts.

Then LE c/h/confirmed SMcD's key was MASTER KEY for BHall Apts, by ---
--- verifying w. apt. owner,
--- trying key in approp. BHall doors, or
--- both.

Master key is ---
“Just another brick in the wall.” :twocents:

This Above the Law site has some pretty darkly cynical commenters . I found this link on there quite interesting . From what we are hearing about McD, sounds right up his alley www dot churchofeuthanasia dot com. now when I Google Stephen McDaniel, my first hit directs me to www dot freak... dot com "Offering dynamic, live training ..." but I am not really sure why . Can't wait to see what websites McD was going to on his computer .

For the experienced Websleuthers, has there ever been a case where the person who carried out the dismemberment was not the actual murderer?

TIA.

Oops sorry.. Missed seeing your post Bessie.. I'm via mobile as well.. No problem tho, I went back in and deleted my post referencing that particular site..

Here's a quick thought, if McD really belived that the MM could have had anything to do with LG's disappearance, why not mention it when he was rattling off all those other incredibly specific details early on? He remembered details to the email about someone trying to break in, but not the man he supposedly saw trying to break in? He could remember who's car was where and for how long, surely he remembered the incident (if it really happened). It just doesn't make sense at all to me that all of a sudden there is some MM who masterminded the whole thing. No way.

Also, I do not believe for a second that with the seriousness of this case in the eyes of the community LE would charge McD with another potential POI out there with no confirmed alibi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member