GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday morning thoughts: In response to a few items, it will be interesting to know what gaming McD was into, what game was it that caused him to yell out and cuss so loudly the downstairs neighbor could hear it, something like Die, all you SB's or something ? The Columbine kids were into this, and wanted to see it happen in real life. I myself am only a classically trained gamer, so anything beyond Pac Man or Donkey Kong is beyond my point of expertise.
As far as I can tell, the fired maintenance man does exist, it was reported he was terminated prior to the murder.And IF, (big if here) , but Charles E . brought up this morning, the hacksaw was in a locked maintenance storage cabinet that McD's master key did not open, well well... I do find it interesting they are only just now removing the tub after a Channel 13 reporter pointed out the scratches. It has been over a month, that should have been noticed by anybody on day 1. The warrant I read makes not mention of Stephen making the comment to "someone" at "some time" the he could commit murder and get away with it. If he did it just to see if he could get away with it, he has failed miserably, and he forgot to follow the directions about not leaving any packaging around in your apartment that you used to commit the murder with . I spoke to a doctor last night. To dismember a body using a hacksaw is a very long tedious process, and requires a good deal of strength. The neck area is the hardest to cut through as well as the shoulders. Plus, he would have needed to wait about four hours post mortem for the blood to coagulate or else there would be blood everywhere upon the dismemberment. We will find out a lot more at the commitment hearing, but still not everything . I think MPD is doing a good job here, their job is not to have McD convicted in the court of public opinion but in a court of law; there is a fine balancing act between the public's right to know and telling what all you know. And I don't mean to go all Harry Dexter philosophical on everyone, but there is also a fine line between sanity and insanity:
“Doesn’t matter how good you are at keeping all your worlds separate. Eventually they’re going to collide.”
“I just know there’s something dark in me. I hide it. Certainly don’t talk about it. But it’s there. Always. This dark passenger .When he’s driving I feel alive. Half-sick w/the thrill of complete wrongness. I don’t fight him… He’s all I’ve got.” –

That Harry Dexter is a scary sumbeach, for sure. I often ponder the idea of
how many we encounter each day and just don't know it.

Regarding the rest of your post...
Agent Frank Lundy, I think I love ya and I also believe our pillow talk would be very interesting.
:pillowfight2:

Also, I know there is the connection with the true sons of liberty and the Playstation game MGS, but in my opinion there are other games that seem way more his style. Someone already mentioned the 1st person shooters, but I would say also expansive fantasy games like the Fallout games and the Elder Scrolls franchise. Honestly, this is something that has bugged me for a while. If he was an avid gamer, there is definitely a network of people who have had interaction with him (whether they knew it was him or who he was or not). And also if he was an avid gamer he probably was into more than one franchise and game style, but also proably had a handle or moniker that he used for all (with potential variations from console to console). How much usefulness any of his gaming habits might actually have, I have no idea. But I do think it could potentially shed light on certain aspects of either his personality or his routines.

Just some thoughts.

Also, I know there is the connection with the true sons of liberty and the Playstation game MGS, but in my opinion there are other games that seem way more his style. Someone already mentioned the 1st person shooters, but I would say also expansive fantasy games like the Fallout games and the Elder Scrolls franchise. Honestly, this is something that has bugged me for a while. If he was an avid gamer, there is definitely a network of people who have had interaction with him (whether they knew it was him or who he was or not). And also if he was an avid gamer he probably was into more than one franchise and game style, but also proably had a handle or moniker that he used for all (with potential variations from console to console). How much usefulness any of his gaming habits might actually have, I have no idea. But I do think it could potentially shed light on certain aspects of either his personality or his routines.

Just some thoughts.

I hadn't thought of Fallout or Elder Scrolls, both are good possibilities. World of Warcraft came to mind right away. And then Lord of The Rings Online - based on a RUMOR that McD was writing a fantasy novel that he said would rival Lord of The Rings.

OK, sorry, I was only speaking from experience, not just watching others using hacksaws. Thank you though, and your correct, its too sad to think about..

I did not mean to disrespect you in any way. I apologize. I just read your post and an image flashed into my mind.

I hadn't thought of Fallout or Elder Scrolls, both are good possibilities. World of Warcraft came to mind right away. And then Lord of The Rings Online - based on a RUMOR that McD was writing a fantasy novel that he said would rival Lord of The Rings.

How would one go about searching through these gamer handles?

Awesome! Thanks, that would make sense as the light was on in the room even though it was super late at night. Wow, if only I had known. :banghead:

If I missed this, I apologize, but did Lauren have a washer and dryer in her apartment, or did she have to visit that lonely laundry room with a scary maintenance room off to the side that anyone could be in, concealed from view? Is that room a possible crime scene? I'm curious to know if the investigators sealed off that laundry & maintenance room when they sealed off the apartments of LG and McD, or did that come later?
Are there any windows in the maintenance room?
Anything broken in there, such as a light fixture?
Any odd markings on the walls or floor in there?

Does the complex have a building that could have an underground storage area?I'm asking because it's an older complex, built back in the 60's and B. Bush and her brother purchased it in 1995...so being older, I just wondered if there were areas like a basement that may not be a standard item built today in complexes. This was an old Section 8 housing complex prior to the purchase by Bush and her brother J. Bush.)

I'm also curious to know if that laundry room or maintenance room has a door that pulls down, like an attic door of some sort. Does any apartment there have an attic type pull down door where someone could hide inside and come down once a tenant was asleep?

Also, what other tools were taken from that maintenance room and tested?
Did they only take saws, simply because of the torso being found?
Or did they take ALL TOOLS for testing?

I do wonder which was found first, the saw OR the wrapper. Did they find the wrapper in McD's apartment, and that prompted investigators to search for THAT saw, or did they search for any item on premises and located saws, plural, and THEN found that wrapper?

Can't help my curiosity about all the little steps along the way and the psychology behind why things are done.

The only searching I've done is through various forums like www.video-game-forums.com, www.gamespot.com and www.videogamingforums.com. Hoping that if he plays against other people online he may also be involved in some of the forums.
I've joined some of them just to look through the members list, like there is on this forum. I've also tried specific site searches using google like this: stephen mcdaniel site: gamespot.com or variations of stephen's name and other keywords. It's tedious and disappointing. The few times I've found a member that looked interesting there ends up being no way to tell for sure who it is. Most members of forums don't put any personal information in their profile.

It'd be difficult. I'd try Xbox Live's website and Playstation Network's website, but even then there are other online communities that are there own thing.

What clkwrks said sounds spot on. That's why I haven't even tried. The gaming community relishes it's ability to keep people anonymous.

http://www.pipl.com/username/

I use the above and just straight up Google

ETA: I have spent a lot of time looking around for traces of McD on the net.
I think someone who knows him will "out" Stephen in one of the comment sections.
It will happen sooner or later.

I just looked at the Bibb Co. property records for the apartments, but it really wasn't helpful. The only property photo attached is of the front of the first block of apartments (which have been much photographed of late) and the diagrams don't indicate where any utility or storage type rooms might be. The only thing about the photograph is that from the angle it's taken you can see the depth of the lot.

http://www.co.bibb.ga.us/TaxAssesso...opertyimages.asp?Photo=c7730&Parcel=Q074-0241

Yeah, those records don't show precisely what I was looking for either. No real floor plan. Bibb records aren't really all that snazzy when compared to others. I wonder why. Bibb is a big county.

MissingLovedOnes - Chief Burns did mention that evidence had been collected from the laundry room, but has not said what. I guess it could be possible the locked storage area is in the laundry room and that's where they found the saw, but I have no idea.

I knew as soon as I read the arrest warrant exactly what type of hacksaw it was talking about.. Below is a snapshot I just took on my phone of hubby's Stanley hacksaw.. It's a good 3-4yrs old and been used many times for multiple reasons.. But as you can see my hubby actually keeps it in it's original packing materials, which is actually just a cardboard sleeve..
One other mention I just told hubby that they had released that a Stanley hacksaw was most likely used during the dismemberment due to their finding Lauren's DNA on it's blade.. I said to him, "I know that you buy the vast majority of your tools and necessities at Lowes(yes, he's a big Lowe's guy vs. Home Depot)but do you know if this Stanley hacksaw is available at Wal-Mart?".. His reply, " I bought that Stanley hacksaw at Wal Mart actually".. Of course that means nothing one way or the other but it confirmed for me, ATLEAST that the hacksaw is available and "could have" indeed been purchased at the local Macon Wal Mart..
Here's the snapshot I took about 5 minutes ago of hacksaw:
4976855c.jpg

As a former tenant, I can shed some light... The door I believe you are referring to is actually the entrance to the laundry area. In the laundry area I believe there is a storage room. That is the only storage room that I am aware of in the complex.

Thank-you, WFG.

That's why we have seen the various descriptions of this room then, because we have seen laundry room, maintenace room, storage compartment.....

why would he put the hacksaw in the storage room? why didnt he just throw it away??
maybe it was the MM...

i go in circles with this case...

I have thought that he probably has a lot of sexual confusion, both in his own identity, and in his sexual preference. I think he was obsessed with Lauren in many ways. I think he wanted to be with her and wanted to be her, at the same time. I think he was both envious of her and attracted to her. I also think that he wanted to prove that he was smarter than all of his peers at Mercer and he could pull off the perfect crime and not get caught. And now he is strategizing how to legally get himself out of this (don't be surprised at some point if he doesn't ask to represent himself, like Ted Bundy did, again in an effort to prove that he is smarter than every one else).

I'm right there with you SuperMom.

I have thought all along that IF SM did turn out to be the "suspect" /"perp" that a very plausable motive (JMHO) would be an envy/attraction situation between victim/perp. And when you weigh in her socialization/popularity in school against his somewhat "isolated" and "more of a loner" existance along with "proximity", LG becomes the target of all the anger and aggression that prior to this point (hopefully anyway) he has taken out/acted out in the video games.

IF SM did do this, I think that over the years he may have felt somewhat like a misfit of sorts.. not the most popular of students, maybe not the brightest star in the class... and then 3 years ago LG (the perfect girl, smart, pretty, popular) moved right next door- feelings of inadequacy that may have been bubbling beneath the surface for a very long time began surfacing to the point where she became the "perfect" target for him to prove that he really was just as smart...no SMARTER than the rest of that class.

And I fully agree that we very well may see him file a motion to represent himself at some point ... I have thought that to be an eventual probability since his initial arrest.

I knew as soon as I read the arrest warrant exactly what type of hacksaw it was talking about.. Below is a snapshot I just took on my phone of hubby's Stanley hacksaw.. It's a good 3-4yrs old and been used many times for multiple reasons.. But as you can see my hubby actually keeps it in it's original packing materials, which is actually just a cardboard sleeve..
One other mention I just told hubby that they had released that a Stanley hacksaw was most likely used during the dismemberment due to their finding Lauren's DNA on it's blade.. I said to him, "I know that you buy the vast majority of your tools and necessities at Lowes(yes, he's a big Lowe's guy vs. Home Depot)but do you know if this Stanley hacksaw is available at Wal-Mart?".. His reply, " I bought that Stanley hacksaw at Wal Mart actually".. Of course that means nothing one way or the other but it confirmed for me, ATLEAST that the hacksaw is available and "could have" indeed been purchased at the local Macon Wal Mart..
Here's the snapshot I took about 5 minutes ago of hacksaw:
4976855c.jpg

Thanks, Smooth.

-Where did SM buy a hacksaw?

-Why did SM buy a hacksaw?

-When did SM buy a hacksaw?

The packaging and or SKU # may indicate where the hacksaw originated from, if LE does not already know that from video and/or receipts. The distribution channel for Stanley hacksaws in Macon, could help also.

-Were there any other hacksaws found in the storage compartment?

-Was SM's hacksaw found in his apartment, and if not, where could it possibly be? (fascetious)

why would he put the hacksaw in the storage room? why didnt he just throw it away??
maybe it was the MM...

i go in circles with this case...

Your question about SM throwing it away, can be asked about the MM:

If the MM really did murder and dismember LG, why would he put the dismemberment tool back in it's normal location? :waitasec:

(the answer to your question is because SM was trying to frame the MM)

If I missed this, I apologize, but did Lauren have a washer and dryer in her apartment, or did she have to visit that lonely laundry room with a scary maintenance room off to the side that anyone could be in, concealed from view? Is that room a possible crime scene? I'm curious to know if the investigators sealed off that laundry & maintenance room when they sealed off the apartments of LG and McD, or did that come later?
Are there any windows in the maintenance room?
Anything broken in there, such as a light fixture?
Any odd markings on the walls or floor in there?

Does the complex have a building that could have an underground storage area?I'm asking because it's an older complex, built back in the 60's and B. Bush and her brother purchased it in 1995...so being older, I just wondered if there were areas like a basement that may not be a standard item built today in complexes. This was an old Section 8 housing complex prior to the purchase by Bush and her brother J. Bush.)

I'm also curious to know if that laundry room or maintenance room has a door that pulls down, like an attic door of some sort. Does any apartment there have an attic type pull down door where someone could hide inside and come down once a tenant was asleep?

Also, what other tools were taken from that maintenance room and tested?
Did they only take saws, simply because of the torso being found?
Or did they take ALL TOOLS for testing?

I do wonder which was found first, the saw OR the wrapper. Did they find the wrapper in McD's apartment, and that prompted investigators to search for THAT saw, or did they search for any item on premises and located saws, plural, and THEN found that wrapper?

Can't help my curiosity about all the little steps along the way and the psychology behind why things are done.

Someone help me out here because I'm not certain of what I'm talking about. I believe you can go to either the Building Department, Property Division, or Court House-register of deeds and see a copy of the Architectural Plans for the apartment complex. I researched a hotel that was over 100 yrs old and believe me it didn't work the way it should have and that is why I'm not certain where you go. I went everywhere!

If you know a para-legal they could tell you instantly as could an attorney.

Thanks wondergirl for pointing out this little detail about in looking at "where" the hacksaw was located from various differing angles(I.e. The angle of MM as perp or the angle of SM as the perp) and what could/would be each of their motivations for A) keeping the hacksaw at all, as IMO the brightest maneuver after it being used to dismember a murder victim were to thoroughly dispose of it so there is no weapon whatsoever to even match or test to see if was possibly used in the crimes..
..And..
B) If for some idiotic reason they chose to keep the weapon/tool around what would be the motive for putting it in the maintenance storage room..

IMO the ONLY "logical" conclusion is that if it was decided to infact keep such a damning piece of evidence that could easily be traced as being used in the crime.. The only logical conclusion that I can draw is that it was kept for a specific purpose, just as it put in a particular chosen spot for a specific purpose..

And that of course is to attempt to place evidence in an area that would point association to the tool and to the murder away from the perp who committed it(SM in this theory).. In order to again attempt to control and/or direct the investigations path AWAY from himself(McD) and not only just away from himself but infact Point directly at a different individual.. IMO attempting to do what most refer to as "framing" someone.. The more that we are going to see come to light as this investigation takes it's course IMO will begin to show there was indeed planning, scheming, and definite premeditation that took place prior to it being carried out for God only knows how long in advance(I wouldn't even be surprised if in the near future we find that he could have even been pondering, thinking, or even fantasizing over a year or more in advance).. Of course tho as always these are jmo, tho!!

This Above the Law site has some pretty darkly cynical commenters . I found this link on there quite interesting . From what we are hearing about McD, sounds right up his alley. www dot churchofeuthanasia dot com. Also now when I Google Stephen McDaniel, my first hit directs me to www dot freak... dot com "Offering dynamic, live training..." but I am not really sure why . Can't wait to see what websites McD was going to on his computer .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member