GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AA, didnt you post some pictures of the area? Did it show a store room by chance?

Thank you. Of course, I am speculating, but I feel like he is a very complex person, who perhaps feels misunderstood and doesn't even understand his own feelings, thoughts, and urges and doesn't know how to keep those under wraps, especially with his strict religious background. So, he may have been reaching a boiling point and/or this was premeditated and he either has serial killer potential or he has already killed before...I wish we had some more details from his childhood.

The following links provide peer observations:

The news of the former Parkview High School graduate being charged with a gruesome murder in Macon, drew some mixed responses to those who went to school and church with him in Lilburn.

http://lilburn.patch.com/articles/murder-charge-draws-local-reaction

I just realized that I share several things in common with Stephen Mark McDaniel, the recent Mercer Law School graduate who has been charged with the grisly murder of his former classmate, Lauren Giddings.

http://abovethelaw.com/2011/08/a-cl...daniel-lauren-giddings-and-mercer-law-school/

Agreed, but given his interest in gaming I could see it being a fusion of the two. I'm not saying he was still playing MGS recently, but a lot of people I know will use handles that relate to their all time favorite game and it might be a good place to start in terms of tracking down his online presence.

I tried searching video game forums off and on for more than a week and have seen some members that do choose handles with some sort of dual meaning, or a name related to their favorite game or character. Unfortunately nearly all of these members are very vague about where they're from and who they really are. It makes it nearly impossible to single any of them out as McDaniel. I eventually gave up and started going through knife and blade related forums. Still no luck.

Considering that McD, assuming he truly is the perp, was careful not to leave the hacksaw in his apartment, why would he be so careless as to leave the packaging in his apartment? It would seem logical to dispose of the packaging as soon as he removed the hacksaw. Why would someone who boasted of being able to get away with murder be so sloppy about concealing evidence? Or, did he absently set the box out of sight at a time he was concentrating on disposing of the body, and then forget about it in the midst of trying to conceal evidence in three apartments?

Also, could McD have gotten the master key from a former maintenance employee at Barrister Hall (before the alleged burglaries; not recently), either directly or indirectly? I wonder how many people are on maintenance staff at BH and how many master keys have been issued through the years?

The Stanley Brand hacksaw packaging is more like a cardboard sleeve AFAIK.
http://www.myhome.priceheaven.co.uk/d-stanley-hacksaw-300-mm-hand-tools.html

So, it stands to reason that he may have overlooked it or thrown it in a bin in his apartment, not thinking it would be readily identified as anything special anyway. It probably slipped his mind. JMO.

The following links provide peer observations:

The news of the former Parkview High School graduate being charged with a gruesome murder in Macon, drew some mixed responses to those who went to school and church with him in Lilburn.

http://lilburn.patch.com/articles/murder-charge-draws-local-reaction

I just realized that I share several things in common with Stephen Mark McDaniel, the recent Mercer Law School graduate who has been charged with the grisly murder of his former classmate, Lauren Giddings.

http://abovethelaw.com/2011/08/a-cl...daniel-lauren-giddings-and-mercer-law-school/

Thank you for the links.

I have thought that he probably has a lot of sexual confusion, both in his own identity, and in his sexual preference. I think he was obsessed with Lauren in many ways. I think he wanted to be with her and wanted to be her, at the same time. I think he was both envious of her and attracted to her. I also think that he wanted to prove that he was smarter than all of his peers at Mercer and he could pull off the perfect crime and not get caught. And now he is strategizing how to legally get himself out of this (don't be surprised at some point if he doesn't ask to represent himself, like Ted Bundy did, again in an effort to prove that he is smarter than every one else).

100% agree with everything here, thank-you.

Agreed, but given his interest in gaming I could see it being a fusion of the two. I'm not saying he was still playing MGS recently, but a lot of people I know will use handles that relate to their all time favorite game and it might be a good place to start in terms of tracking down his online presence.

Those are my thoughts, too, angel. Glad you agree. MaconMom did make a good point last night about MGS being a single user game, though. I haven't researched it further, but is there by chance an online version now? I have a few other ideas about this topic but no time to post them now because I'm supposed to be working, and I have a deadline staring down at me. :anguish:

Please be nice to each other today. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Stanley Brand hacksaw packaging is more like a cardboard sleeve AFAIK.
http://www.myhome.priceheaven.co.uk/d-stanley-hacksaw-300-mm-hand-tools.html

So, it stands to reason that he may have overlooked it or thrown it in a bin in his apartment, not thinking it would be readily identified as anything special anyway. It probably slipped his mind. JMO.

IMO, The only time McD needed to worry about the hacksaw packaging inside his house from around 11 AM, June 30 to 5:40 AM, July 1. (from the time Lauren's body was discovered until he was arrested)

During that short window of time, he was probably in shock and panic because the body had been found.
You are right - at that point the hacksaw wrapper slipped his spinning mind.

If his plan had been successful, i.e., missing person, LE would never have searched his apt and found the hacksaw wrapper.
IMO

Never heard from anyone regarding the length of SM's fingernails.

Some old church and schoolmates had indicated to the Lilburn news that SM had eerily long fingernails, and used to scratch people all the time.

Here is a close-up of his (recently trimmed?) fingernails, from his 1st court appearance immediately after his arrest. FWIW

A gross thought, but, if SM did trim his fingernails after committing the alleged murder (to ensure there was no evidence under them), I wonder if LE found any nail clippings in his apartment?

Someone who knows SM might recognized that he never wore his nails that short (or alternatively, that he always wore his nails that short).

Also, when I seen this picture the first time, I thought it was a bit of a peculiar shot. Now, I am wondering if the photographer knew about SM's notoriously long fingernails, and that's why they took the picture? :waitasec:

egVca.SlMa.71.jpg

http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1615815_a1617485/body-found-at-downtown-macon-apartments.html

Those are my thoughts, too, angel. Glad you agree. MaconMom did make a good point last night about MGS being a single user game, though. I haven't researched it further, but is there by chance an online version now? I have a few other ideas about this topic but no time to post them now because I'm supposed to be working, and I have a deadline staring down at me. :anguish:

Please be nice to each other today. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The sequels to Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 are multi-player online games
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Any real fan of Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 would likely have added these more recent games to their collection.

Ok...I'll bite. If I were MM and I was planning on murdering someone to ruin BB's money maker, I would certainly leave a gruesome crime scene. I would not CLEAN the apartment for BB. I would ruin her hardwood floors that she is so proud of and the new carpet that they put in when they updated them. To clean up a crime scene in order to make it seem like it is NOT the crime scene does not seem like a revenge kind of move to me. You would have to be terrible at vengeance.

SO if MM is thinking "well, I will rape someone and no one will want to live there" wouldn't he think the killing was an extra bonus? He wouldn't be like "Oh crap, I could handle possibly going to jail for rape, but murder might ruin my reputation."

Also, to the posts about the maintenance room lock possibly not fitting the keys found with McD, whose to say that it would not unlocked when he went in there. People get complacent when they are comfortable. I have walked into our office in the morning and it has been WIDE OPEN. It drives me crazy. Maybe they didn't keep it locked all the time. McD finds it open, drops the saw, pulls it shut and it locks behind him.

Great post, thanks for stepping up.

I don't buy the MM story by SM and his mother at all.

If MM wanted to ruin BB's apartment he could have torched the thing. Done. Give me a break.

The whole thing is ridiculous. JMO

Does anyone remember the article in the last few days that stated SM said he actually saw the MM trying to break-in to LG's apartment on the Thursday, or was that speculation? I felt sure I read that somewhere. If so, that brings things to a different place, also, because if the MM has an alibi for Thursday and/or the other suspicious days in question, that proves SM is lying.

Yes but Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty is a smart choice since McDaniel referred to himself as "a true son of Liberty"

Not that it's meaningful, but if you google tsol, some interesting things come up. A band named T.S.O.L., reference to World of Warcraft, etc.

Below is a link to the lyrics of a TSOL song-**WARNING Graphic Disgusting Language**

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

I am not insinuating McD listens to this type of music, just following a trail (true sons of liberty-reference).

Does anyone remember the article in the last few days that stated SM said he actually saw the MM trying to break-in to LG's apartment on the Thursday, or was that speculation? I felt sure I read that somewhere. If so, that brings things to a different place, also, because if the MM has an alibi for Thursday and/or the other suspicious days in question, that proves SM is lying.

McD's mother says that her son told her about the real killer:MM
Glenda McDaniel said her son caught an apartment maintenance worker on Giddings' balcony at midnight two days before she vanished. Stephen McDaniel gave that man's name to the district attorney.

"He was given his termination notice on May 25. She was last seen on June 25. Her body was found the last day that he was officially employed at the Barrister Hall Apartments. He had master keys. He had access to all of the apartments," said Glenda McDaniel.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/28750291/detail.html

In that video, Lauren's Mom says "He was somewhat of a recluse". Lauren tried to get him to come out with the class.

In other words Lauren tried to help him become more social.

Here is a touching video interview with Lauren's mother. She is surrounded by Lauren's family.

She indicates that Lauren was the 1st Grandchild, and a role model for her cousins.

Regarding SM, Lauren's mother says "He was somewhat reckless (irreckless), so it is strange to think that he was even in law school."

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/mar...ngs-tries-to-find-closure-after-arrest-080411

Mrs. Giddings is saying he was somewhat "of a recluse " This video is heartbreaking , Lauren holding the baby and kissing it just breaks my heart, what a waste all the way around . The strength of their Catholic faith is amazing to me , that they are praying for the McDaniel family and for Stephen

McD's mother says that her son told her about the real killer:MM
Glenda McDaniel said her son caught an apartment maintenance worker on Giddings' balcony at midnight two days before she vanished. Stephen McDaniel gave that man's name to the district attorney.

"He was given his termination notice on May 25. She was last seen on June 25. Her body was found the last day that he was officially employed at the Barrister Hall Apartments. He had master keys. He had access to all of the apartments," said Glenda McDaniel.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/28750291/detail.html

Thank-you.

Actually it is this information, that specifically SM seen the MM on Lauren Gidding's balcony at midnight on the Thursday prior to her murder. :waitasec:
Glenda McDaniel said her son caught an apartment maintenance worker on Giddings’ balcony at midnight two days before she vanished. Stephen McDaniel gave that man’s name to the district attorney.

http://abovethelaw.com/2011/08/the-...o-to-hacksaw-mcdaniel/?show=comments#comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member