GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious... These scratches McD had when he was booked...
Would they have photographed these?
I would expect them to if he'd been booked for murder, or rape, assault, etc...
But since he was being booked for burglary, I wonder if they did this?

scratches?

McDaniel's mom: My son was framed in Lauren Giddings murder
By AMY LEIGH WOMACK and JOE KOVAC JR. - Telegraph staff

Glenda McDaniel says her son, Stephen, admits buying the hacksaw on which authorities found traces of Lauren Giddings’ DNA.

But, she says, he has told her that he threw away the saw months ago, that Giddings’ “real killer” must have plucked the saw from the trash and used it to frame him for a crime that she says detectives have -- in questioning her son -- threatened to seek the death penalty.

Glenda McDaniel, the mother of Stephen McDaniel, second from right, attended a hearing last month on burglary charges against him. Stephen McDaniel’s father, Mark, sits beside her.

Stephen Mark McDaniel, 25, was charged with murder Tuesday night in connection with Giddings’ slaying and dismemberment in late June. He had been held at the Bibb County jail on unrelated burglary charges since June 30, the day Giddings’ torso was found wrapped in plastic in a roll-away trash can at the Georgia Avenue apartment complex where they were next-door neighbors and recent graduates of Mercer University’s law school.

Read more:
http://www.macon.com/2011/08/06/1656586/mcdaniels-mother-offers-explanation.html

McDaniel's mom: My son was framed in Lauren Giddings murder
Glenda McDaniel says her son, Stephen, admits buying the hacksaw on which authorities found traces of Lauren Giddings’ DNA.

But, she says, he has told her that he threw away the saw months ago, that Giddings’ “real killer” must have plucked the saw from the trash and used it to frame him for a crime that she says detectives have -- in questioning her son -- threatened to seek the death penalty.
“The hacksaw was flimsy, and it bent and twisted and did no good at all, and he threw it in the garbage,” Glenda McDaniel said.
While interviewing McDaniel early on, around the time the burglary charges were levied, detectives “threatened him, that they were going to charge him with capital murder, that they were going to charge him with malice murder and they were going to execute him,” his mother said.

“This was before he had been booked on anything,” the 56-year-old mother said in a telephone interview from her home in Lilburn on Friday.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/06/1656586/mcdaniels-mother-offers-explanation.html

I also know "MM" very well, and he has strong alibis for the nights in question. I'm even more disgusted by McD for trying to frame up "MM." It's not fair for "MM" to have to deal with this, and it's scary how McD pointing his finger can lead to so much scrutiny of this guy all over the internet.

I understand we're all here to toss theories around, so I completely get the scrutiny of MM, but it's still kind of scary. Good thing McD wasn't a better framer.

For the record, I never thought "MM" did it. It is even weirder that McD would refer to a fellow law student and "Resident Contact" as the MM.

McD says creepy Maintenance Man was standing on LG's balcony leering in...or whatever and your imagination starts picturing = Dude,mid-late 40's, 3day beard, smell of alcohol on his breath, sweaty, carving peep holes in walls, criminal record....it gets out of control.
images

BB says Resident Contact and my mind thinks=
images

....and YES, it is sick that he would frame a Resident Contact or anyone for that matter. That makes it all the more sick!

His dang Mom is going to ruin his case! Keep singing Mama!

For the record, I never thought "MM" did it. It is even weirder that McD would refer to a fellow law student and "Resident Contact" as the MM.

McD says creepy Maintenance Man was standing on LG's balcony leering in...or whatever and your imagination starts picturing = Dude,mid-late 40's, 3day beard, smell of alcohol on his breath, sweaty, carving peep holes in walls, criminal record....it gets out of control.
images

BB says Resident Contact and my mind thinks=
images

Nice visual:crazy:. The MM I know is definitely closer to the latter image.

“He had a small handgun that he used for protection. He had one other handgun, and he had a larger gun. He had permits for all of them. They had never been fired,” Glenda McDaniel said.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/06/1656586/mcdaniels-mother-offers-explanation.html#ixzz1UDdtodKb

Owning a gun in Georgia does not require a permit.
Complete and utter denial.

Glenda McDaniel said her son told her that “he had heard a loud noise, got up, got dressed, went out and saw (another apartment resident) standing on Lauren’s balcony” at midnight. Glenda McDaniel says her son claims the man told him he was thinking about cutting the grass.

“There is no grass on the property anywhere near (Lauren’s) apartment. It’s all near the back of the property,” Glenda McDaniel said. “He had no reason to be on her balcony. But Stephen, having been woken up out of the sleep and ... not being a suspicious person, he responded, ‘Well, it won’t bother me because I would sleep through anything.’”

Glenda McDaniel reasoned that the resident her son saw on the balcony that night would know that her son was smart enough to “connect the dots” and that the man planted a master key and a key to Giddings’ apartment inside her son’s apartment. She contends the man could also have plucked from the garbage the hacksaw McDaniel had bought in the spring at a nearby Wal-Mart.

Well, if that was what she meant, then why did she refer to "each of them." If you have a Concealed Weapons Permit, you have it to carry any handgun that you own; it doesn't pertain to each gun.

My point is, that she's running her mouth about things that she can't confirm, or knows nothing about. I wonder what McD's Attorney thinks about her telling this "story" to the media.

Well, if that was what she meant, then why did she refer to "each of them." If you have a Concealed Weapons Permit, you have it to carry any handgun that you own; it doesn't pertain to each gun.

Maybe she just doesn't know all the ins and outs of it?

I can't believe she keeps giving out all these details. Is McD trying to create a story his parents can believe or create reasonable doubt for a jury down the road?

Looks like the MM/RC has been outed in the media...

David T. Dorer, who lived in the same apartment complex as Giddings and McDaniel, walked out of the Macon police detective bureau just before 3 p.m. Friday as reporters gathered for a police announcement about another, unrelated murder investigation.

Police had asked Dorer, a Mercer law student, to drop by their headquarters to answer questions, and he was being “completely cooperative,” said Brett Steger, Dorer’s attorney.

Dorer is not a suspect or a person of interest in Giddings’ slaying, and the questioning was brief, Steger said.

Asked about Dorer’s questioning, Macon police spokeswoman Jami Gaudet said police won’t speak about who they are or aren’t scrutinizing in the Giddings’ investigation.

is it me or is there some potential conflict in those bolded ^^ statements?

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/06/1656586/mcdaniels-mother-offers-explanation.html#ixzz1UDh5rNxe

But mom... this 7 foot lizard man came in and threatened to eat me if I said anything.
Then he scratched me!
I know... it's ok son.
No... unfortunately, he may never confess.

I can't believe she keeps giving out all these details. Is McD trying to create a story his parents can believe or create reasonable doubt for a jury down the road?

Both

and all it takes is one juror.

They may have photographed all marks on his body on arrest so that he could not claim that he got them in jail.

They may have photographed all marks on his body on arrest so that he could not claim that he got them in jail.

That's possible.
Anyone know if this is standard procedure?

Complete and utter denial.

“There is no grass on the property anywhere near (Lauren’s) apartment. It’s all near the back of the property,” Glenda McDaniel said. “He had no reason to be on her balcony. But Stephen, having been woken up out of the sleep and ... not being a suspicious person, he responded, ‘Well, it won’t bother me because I would sleep through anything.’”

Talk about a conflicting statement. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member