GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe she keeps giving out all these details. Is McD trying to create a story his parents can believe or create reasonable doubt for a jury down the road?

Note the language here. It's like a 8 yr old boy talking to his mother.
“And Stephen, in almost a hypnotized, very flat voice said, ‘They told me I did something bad. They told me I hurt someone.’ ... Glenda McDaniel said.

“There is no grass on the property anywhere near (Lauren’s) apartment. It’s all near the back of the property,” Glenda McDaniel said. “He had no reason to be on her balcony. But Stephen, having been woken up out of the sleep and ... not being a suspicious person, he responded, ‘Well, it won’t bother me because I would sleep through anything.’”

Talk about a conflicting statement. :waitasec:

What he is telling his Mother sounds like a story a child would tell.

Do you think Mom realizes that most of the basic timeline details he created are covered in the email Lauren wrote to the friend in Atlanta?

I have heard from a few, that the email was indeed written by Lauren. So McD must have really seized on the details that night they read it.

Hmm... the fact that the MM is another student does put a slightly different twist on this...

I do not see how the MM puts any twist on this case.
Evidently the MM has already been interviewed by LE and none of the following apply:

POI
suspect
charged
arrested
in jail

However, McD is.

IMO, the MM is McD's defense line, plus the line he is feeding his poor mother rather than tell her the truth.

The resident also says police took a statement from the resident maintenance person when all residents were questioned.

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/l...tigation-Maintenance-Man-Story-126859243.html

“The hacksaw was flimsy, and it bent and twisted and did no good at all, and he threw it in the garbage,” Glenda McDaniel said.
But obviously functional enough to dismember a body...

...I think this story has done it for me. I'm past all reasonable doubt.

Ok, I have a question. If the MM was trying to frame McD for the murder, wouldn't he have put the hacksaw in McDaniel's apartment, and NOT the maintenance storage room???

I think the Mercer student body needs to be thankful that McD didn't decide to just take out the whole class.

Ok, I have a question. If the MM was trying to frame McD for the murder, wouldn't he have put the hacksaw in McDaniel's apartment, and NOT the maintenance storage room???
Yeah. And MM should be thankful too... that McD wasn't able to fully carry out his plan.

Also, it's been stated several times that McD didn't have a key to this utility closet...
Remember, he had a master key. So, he could have gotten this key from MM's apt,
since I doubt he carried those keys around with him.
If he had made himself a copy of this key, he would have discarded it once he placed the saw.

And that's what worries me.

...and then he will get out. Banish the Law degree...Go by Mark McDaniel...move to Oregon, Southern California or Washington State, start his student teaching degree....become the History/Music teacher at some private school and become a serial killer. He will at some point have to move back this way to Florida, because they always make a pass through Florida.

Yeah. And MM should be thankful too... that McD wasn't able to fully carry out his plan.

Also, it's been stated several times that McD didn't have a key to this utility closet...
Remember, he had a master key. So, he could have gotten this key from MM's apt,
since I doubt he carried those keys around with him.
If he had made himself a copy of this key, he would have discarded it once he placed the saw.

No telling whose apartment this guy creepy-crawled, including BB's. He could have gotten the utility closet key from her.

But obviously functional enough to dismember a body...

...I think this story has done it for me. I'm past all reasonable doubt.

In all of my college days in apartments, I have never had the need for a hacksaw....and McD doesn't strike me as the handy type.

I am NOT questioning his guilt, however, for someone who brags about being able to get away with murder....why would you be so haphazard with the torso, when you did such a "good job" with the rest or her?

It is very weird to say the least.

I hate to say this, but my view of Mrs. McDaniel has completely changed. I felt terrible for her before, but now that she is publicly maligning this MM, I am angry with her. I realize that she wants to believe that her son is innocent, but she is running her mouth and destroying another person's life in order to defend her son, without even knowing what evidence the police have against Stephen.

I hate to say this, but my view of Mrs. McDaniel has completely changed. I felt terrible for her before, but now that she is publicly maligning this MM, I am angry with her. I realize that she wants to believe that her son is innocent, but she is running her mouth and destroying another person's life in order to defend her son, without even knowing what evidence the police have against Stephen.

Why haven't we heard from Mr. McDaniel?

Are you getting the feeling that maybe Mom has been making excuses for her son for quite some time?

I wonder if MM will be the defense equivalent of George Anthony...

I was thinking more along the lines of the equivalent of Zanny the Nanny ... Zanny the Maintenance Man. :laugh:

ETA: We could call him Zan the Man.

WoW, Glenda is even giving the details now..(I do feel sorry for her in many ways because it's obvious the shield of denial is thick)..as in her rattling off the account her son has given her as if it is really believable and sensical.. When it's far from it.. It is nothing more than him attempting to stay ahead of the evidence(or ATLEAST in tune with the evidence) as it comes to light..

We now know that he has full well admitted that he, himself, Stephen McDaniel was indeed the person who purchased and owned the Stanley Hacksaw.. So no more wondering was it someone else's hacksaw(the "real" killer's AKA MM) that used it to dismember Lauren, ensuring the blade had Lauren's DNA and then the killer AKA MM doesn't try to frame SM by putting the hacksaw in or around SM's property/apt/car.. No, the killer AKA MM takes the hacksaw with the victim's blood on the blade and puts it in his very own maintenance storage room.. WOW that's one helluva frame job this MM man had done on SM.. Looks to me as tho the killer AKA MM framed himself..:duh:.. Duh??!! I mean really, WTF?? that is one helluva a thick shield of denial, evidently so thick that it is distorting her view to an extremely concerning level..

And hello!!?? Stephen goes and purchases a Stanley hacksaw, for what who knows??.. But whatever he admits he purchased it.. It's his.. But according to mom, he's told her that he realized the Stanley hacksaw was absolutely flimsy and totally useless therefor he just had tossed into the trash at some time a while back..

Well, this excuse, or rather let's just state what it truly is.. This bold faced lie that the Stanley hacksaw that he purchased was flimsy and of no use, wouldn't work on whatever it was that it was attempting to be used on.. When he sees this he them chunks it in the trash..

A) I posted much earlier today the exact Stanley hacksaw that was purchased from Wal Mart(since then I have searched and found that it indeed is the only Stanley hacksaw available at Wal Mart).. I posted the photo if the hacksaw and it should be quite apparent that there is NOTHING FLIMSY WHATSOEVER about any part of this Stanley hacksaw.. That's a lie..

B) as many of us unfortunately read earlier thru a site I don't believe we are no longer mentioning it's name.. It went into great detail, step by step with how to dismember a body.. Guess what's it one main tool used for the actual dismemberment is??.. You got it.. A hacksaw.. Obviously plenty able to the job as it is the preferred tool according to those who would know..

..AND...

C) This of course the most obvious but I will list despite it being the most obvious.. The Stanley hacksaw is what was used to dismember the murder victim.. This leaving Lauren Giddings DNA behind and testing positive on the blade of the Stanley hacksaw.. It was used on an extremely fit and strong and the epitome of healthy physique, strong muscular tone and at 6'.. She had solid as a rock large in frame bone structure.. This describing the victim, Lauren Giddings..

If choice (C), again the most obvious of all truths regarding the hacksaw.. (C) alone and by itself with no other proof whatsoever fully DISPROVES SM's statement that he had to throw the hacksaw away some time back and the reason for this is due to it being worthless and flimsy.. No good and tossed in the trash..

With it being used to dismember a physically fit, strong and healthy, athletic young adult with a solid 6' large frame of bone structure.. This in and of itself fully contradicts and proves SM's claim to absolutely 100% be FALSE and a complete and total bold faced lie..

THIS DOES NOT TAKE MUCH MORE THAN LATE ELEMENTARY AGE DEVELOPMENTAL AGE AND REASONING TO BE ABLE TO EASILY DISCERN JUST WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH WHY WE ARE HEARING THESE LUDICROUS, outright blatant and bold lies..

As time passes it will continue to get only clearer just what took place with SM at the helm directing the ship of disastrous outcomes involving death and as I'd said before.. Straight up evil!!!!

I think the Mercer student body needs to be thankful that McD didn't decide to just take out the whole class.

Precisely.
The more details I read about McD, i.e., the warrant statement that he commented he could get away with murder, the more I know the scarier he becomes. I am surprised he did not enter the campus locked and loaded wearing chain mail and take out as many as possible.

Precisely.
The more details I read about McD, i.e., the warrant statement that he commented he could get away with murder, the more I know the scarier he becomes. I am surprised he did not enter the campus locked and loaded wearing chain mail and take out as many as possible.

If he had he wouldn't "get away with murder". Besides he was more into knives and I hate to say it sadistic cruelty.

If he had he wouldn't "get away with murder". Besides he was more into knives and I hate to say it sadistic cruelty.

I think McD 'enjoyed' the idea that he could get away with murder. He was confident that he was smarter than LE and could actually pull Lauren's murder off and not get caught.
Locked and loaded is not a challenge like a premeditated murder in an apt with the challenge of dismembering and disposing of the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018