GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you buy a hacksaw to cut through a tree limb? Shouldn't that be the landlord's responsibility? And anyway, if the limb was big enough to be blocking a walkway or something, I'm not sure a hacksaw is what you need to be cutting it with.

I also don't believe he would have owned 3 guns and never fired them. If he had a concealed carry permit, I would think he carried a gun around on his person and would want to know how to shoot it if needed.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/06/1656586/mcdaniels-mother-offers-explanation.html#ixzz1UFw5uTEU

The Bradford pear tree story is more flimsy than the hacksaw! :banghead:

Why haven't we heard from Mr. McDaniel?

Are you getting the feeling that maybe Mom has been making excuses for her son for quite some time?

Exactly.
And remember when she tried to stand up and say something at the conflict-of-interest hearing.
The father was there also... and apparently did not try to stop her from doing so.

I'm wondering if he'd entered all of the BH apartments at some point. Someone earlier in the thread suggested that the key McD had of LG's apartment, whether it was taken out of her apartment after her death or copied from her spare key sometime before her death, was sort of a trophy. Just maybe, McD took an item of little value - including the condoms - from each apartment he entered as sort of a memento. Maybe those incidentals were reminders to him of what he had "accomplished" (committing crimes undetected) which gave him a sense of superiority?

Great post Indy Anna, playing off your thoughts above.

His thoughts of superiority grew and he became more emboldened. Can you imagine how much he would have enjoyed his little secret forays as he ran into the tenants on the street or at school?

The condom thefts were two years ago, so he has been creepy-crawling for quite some time now. All the while attending Law School with aspirations of becoming a prosecutor. I wish a psyche professional would touch on this aspect of McD.

In regards to the hacksaw, his Mom said he bought it in the "spring". When is that April or May? Several people have said they have him on video at Wal Mart purchasing the saw. Was it really that long ago? Surely BB, could state whether or not there was limb that needed to be cut up, either confirming or debunking his story.

If there was no need to cut a tree limb, if his Hypo about getting away with murder included dismemberment of a body with a saw AND he bought said saw in April or May; makes a good case for premeditation.

I also wonder if his Hypo talked about COD. Instead of making disposal easier, is the dismemberment aspect meant to conceal how she died?

Honestly! Reading Mrs. McD's comments, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Glenda McDaniel says Stephen claims the maintenance man told him he was thinking about cutting the grass.

“There is no grass on the property anywhere near (Lauren’s) apartment. It’s all near the back of the property,” Glenda McDaniel said. “He had no reason to be on her balcony. But Stephen, having been woken up out of the sleep and … not being a suspicious person, he responded, ‘Well, it won’t bother me because I would sleep through anything.’”

“It was only later, when he started recovering from the shock that his friend was dead, that he started processing that and realized, ‘No. No one cuts the grass at midnight,’ ” she said.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/06/1656682/accused-murderes-mom-says-her.html#ixzz1UGUqOTUA

I'm reminded of Chief Burns' expressions
before he declined to answer the question of whether or not McD was being "cooperative". (I have the utmost respect and admiration for Chief Burns, but I sure hope he doesn't play poker.)

At 10:25 in this July 9 video:
http://www.13wmaz.com/video/1040949...-Conference-on--Lauren-Giddings-Investigation

Attachments

• burns-mcd cooperative.JPG
    burns-mcd cooperative.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 14
  • burns-mcd cooperative2.JPG
    burns-mcd cooperative2.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 13
I absolutely agree with you, SmoothOperator! Everything you say makes sense. Poor Glenda is in denial! Her little angel would do nothing of the sort; she didn't raise him that way... :innocent:

If SM didn't commit the crime, I would be very glad of that and happy to see the real perp arrested. But, too much evidence points to him and his statements are not coherent. I know sometimes I have a hard time waking fully and thinking clearly if I'm awakened in the middle of the night, but I'm pretty certain I would realize the absurdity of the idea of mowing grass at midnight and in pitch darkness!

I also wonder if McD placed the saw in the maintenance room in hopes that MM would use it? Then, the saw would have the MM's fingerprints all over it. But, it really baffles me why McD would keep the sleeve the saw came in, unless it did get tossed aside and forgotten. It seems like he would've taken every precaution to avoid detection (like having a backup plan in case any of the body was discovered). I wonder if LE found the sleeve in a waste basket inside McD's apartment? Maybe, he was so busily trying to dispose of the remainder of LG's body that Thursday morning, that he completely forgot to take his personal trash outside to the trash bins?

McD's Mom mentioned plastic bags that were thrown all over the place when LE searched his apartment.

When I buy stuff that comes in plastic bags, I save them to be used for other purposes later. I have a large canvas bag in the pantry that I put them in. It's possible McD slipped the cardboard sleeve off the saw and put it back in the Wal Mart plastic bag, which then was stored similar to what I do with mine? Heck the receipt may have even been in the same bag.

[/b]

In regards to the hacksaw, his Mom said he bought it in the "spring". When is that April or May? Several people have said they have him on video at Wal Mart purchasing the saw. Was it really that long ago? Surely BB, could state whether or not there was limb that needed to be cut up, either confirming or debunking his story.
Mrs. McD says he bought the hacksaw after a tornado in April.
She said he bought the saw to cut and remove a fallen Bradford pear-tree limb at the Georgia Avenue complex after April thunderstorms spawned tornadoes as they swept through Macon.

Has anyone here watched Dexter? I've never seen the show, but a friend of mine commented that Lauren's death sounds creepily reminiscent of it, at least in the way the body was disposed, and from what I can read about the show's premise on Wikipedia, I kind of agree. It makes me think of McD's alleged bragging that he could get away with the perfect murder, anyway -- I mean, if the method works for Dexter, it has to work in real life, right?

In a twisted mind I can see this, yes.

Once again, I refer to what is in the warrant about getting away with murder. I think it's going to be a major piece of the puzzle once it's revealed. Dismemberment with a saw, use of plastic sheeting, body disposal via trash can, ughhhh!

(snipped)
That being said, he has a good attorney. What is prompting these media interviews by his mom. She gave no on camera interviews when they were in Macon for the earlier hearing and moving him out. Why now? Is she speaking out in desperation bc she truly believes this story? I'm guessing so, but what does this do for his case? It could be a ridiculous theory that will quickly be disproved in court (MM had alibi, etc.) so it may end up hurting him even more in the end. Wonder what Floyd Buford thinks of this.

Given what I've seen of her so far and this family, it wouldn't surprise me if Buford had already told her NOT to talk to reporters, especially after her interview she gave that Atlanta station at her front door. And she's ignoring this sound advise because "she knows best".

Note the specificity. Not just "a tree", but a "Bradford Pear Tree"? :waitasec:

Exactly.
And remember when she tried to stand up and say something at the conflict-of-interest hearing.
The father was there also... and apparently did not try to stop her from doing so.

Yep, are we seeing the family dynamics emerge in these little glimpses?

Mom thinks she can stand up in court and explain his behavior to the judge? JMO.

And therein lies......why McD is the way he is, doeing what he's allegedly done, he's probably always gotten away with things his whole life through his mum. She never thought he anything but innocent in all his excursions and he quietly did as she bade as in church or violin etc. So now he's in the world and no one accepts him as his mum does. Can these kinds of people be created or is it genetic or both? But I only feel sorry for her. If her son is guility the woman will probably end up institutionalized or.............dead................can you imagine??

Given what I've seen so far in this case, I think we're looking at both.
A combination of some genetic psychological disorder, combined with the environment in which he was raised.

“There is no grass on the property anywhere near (Lauren’s) apartment. It’s all near the back of the property,” Glenda McDaniel said. “He had no reason to be on her balcony. But Stephen, having been woken up out of the sleep and ... not being a suspicious person, he responded, ‘Well, it won’t bother me because I would sleep through anything.’”

Talk about a conflicting statement. :waitasec:
Conflicting statement, definitely, but I also wonder if this wasn't a clever way to answer the obvious question of why he didn't hear a disturbance coming from Lauren's apartment.

Yep, are we seeing the family dynamics emerge in these little glimpses?

Mom thinks she can stand up in court and explain his behavior to the judge? JMO.
I think you're right, Knox. With each new glimpse, his mother reminds me more and more of Cindy Anthony.

Honestly! Reading Mrs. McD's comments, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/06/1656682/accused-murderes-mom-says-her.html#ixzz1UGUqOTUA

I'm reminded of Chief Burns' expressions
before he declined to answer the question of whether or not McD was being "cooperative". (I have the utmost respect and admiration for Chief Burns, but I sure hope he doesn't play poker.)

At 10:25 in this July 9 video:
http://www.13wmaz.com/video/1040949...-Conference-on--Lauren-Giddings-Investigation

BBM-

Bessie I love the way Burns, looks up and to the side, pauses and says "I'm not going to answer that". My favorite video capture was when he was asked by a reporter "what role did the media have in this case". He smiled and immediately looked to Winters to answer for him. Clearly he does not relish on-camera appearances.

I'm wondering if he'd entered all of the BH apartments at some point. Someone earlier in the thread suggested that the key McD had of LG's apartment, whether it was taken out of her apartment after her death or copied from her spare key sometime before her death, was sort of a trophy. Just maybe, McD took an item of little value - including the condoms - from each apartment he entered as sort of a memento. Maybe those incidentals were reminders to him of what he had "accomplished" (committing crimes undetected) which gave him a sense of superiority?

I can't help but wonder just what crimes he was committing while "creepy crawling" around the apartment complex. Was he watching his neighbors while hiding inside their closets? Is he a voyeur? Did he use chloroform on his victims and do whatever he wanted to them while they were out? Did he do this to Lauren? Was he hiding in her apartment when she got home? Did he attack her while she slept? The whole condom thing is perplexing. I can't figure out why he would take these unless they were intended to be souveniers of some event (something he did while in that particular apartment, for instance) or a trophy of some sort. The whole virgin/religion aspect is more than just a little odd too. Not necessarily odd that he chose to remain a virgin if that is in fact true, but why talk about it to the police? If he had sex with his victims while they slept (or were drugged or chloroformed), did that not really amount to sex in his mind if no one else (including the victim) knew about it? Perhaps that would have been easier for him than forming a real relationship with a real person that could or would eventually lead to a physical relationship. And his Mama would still think of him as innocent. Just wondering out loud - haven't seen anything of the sort posted anywhere but wanted to run it by everyone to see if anyone else had thought of this as a possibility. I just can't imagine him overtaking or outsmarting Lauren unless she was somehow incapacitated. His history of going into other apartments makes it much more likely that he wasn't a novice either.

Bessie, I'm thinking that the one that more than likely affected downtown Macon, would be the one on April 5th: http://www.gadailynews.com/news/macon/64910-tornadoes-hurricane-force-winds-rip-across-state.html. The Ocmulgee National Monument is not far from Barrister's Hall Apartments.

I'm wondering if the "cutting the grass" statement was "very clever" in his mind. Like he was thinking this would be an excuse for him not responding to some strange noise that others could have potentially noticed. Like say downstairs neighbor said "well I thought I heard a chainsaw.". Then they ask McD "did u hear a chainsaw?" He would then reply "well I just thought it was MM moving the grass." This is complete crazy talk, but I would guess he would think he was being really clever.

Maybe he thinks he can play off MPD and fool a Psychiatrist. However, I think the "splitting" or whatever its called comes from extreme trauma and abuse. Sooo unless Daddy kept him in a closet, while Mama dressed him as a girl and they took turns beating "The Spirit of Satan" out of him, then I just don't see this being the case. Although Mom might be delusional enough to say "its not his fault. He must have MPD and MM was one of the people in his head. Real SmD would never do this."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14