GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note the specificity. Not just "a tree", but a "Bradford Pear Tree"? :waitasec:

Next time you pass a Bradford Pear tree, make it a point to look at how small the limbs are. Doesn't matter how tall or how old the tree is. (Most don't live past 30 years anyway). Bradford Pears have small limbs. Unless you had to cut down the whole tree by the main trunk, a hacksaw would work just fine. I just cut a bunch of limbs off of the Bradford Pear that is too close to my driveway not long ago. The only reason a hacksaw would bend and twist is if you aren't holding it correctly and putting consistent pressure on what you are cutting. If he can't operate a hacksaw properly to cut a tree limb then he would have no more physical strenght than an 8 year old kid, IMO. His ridiculous stories will surely be the cause of his demise.

NOT FACT YET, but everything this commenter on Macon.com has said has come true, said another commenter said yesterday; LE has Walmart video of MCD buying the saw. SPECULATION right now, but everything this commenter has said has come true.

http://www.macon.com/2011/08/06/1656586/mcdaniels-mother-offers-explanation.html

If they have him on tape, it'll be interesting to see when he bought it since through his mother, he says April. If he bought it closer to the murder, I wonder how much more of this "frame" job we'll hear of.

BTW- someone asked about Buford and the mother's statements. I'm sure he is very upset about Mrs. McDaniel's comments. This boxes him in at trial and is a really stupid thing to do if you want reasonable doubt (save it for the jury).

I would like to see the saw receipt. It would be most interesting to see what other purchases he thought were necessary to take down the "pear tree.":waitasec:

But obviously functional enough to dismember a body...

...I think this story has done it for me. I'm past all reasonable doubt.

I'm with you, SS. The mom doesn't see how damning his stories are, because she's gulping down everything he says in her desire to believe him. My questions re: the hacksaw:

1) If he knew so much about blades - and we know that he enjoyed collecting them - wouldn't you think that he would know the difference between a blade used for cutting wood and a hacksaw?

2) Also, wouldn't you think that on a student's income, that if he was going to cut one branch, that he'd purchase a little $6 saw with a curved blade and wooden handle, rather than spending $18 - $30+ on a Stanley hacksaw?

3) On that same student's income, wouldn't you think that he would take that darn defective hacksaw back to the store to get his money back, rather than chucking it into the garbage? He was frugal enough to keep the sleeve it went into.

4) I'd like to know if the receipts/video record show that the hacksaw was purchased "months ago." If so, I see premeditation. If not, I see more lies.

JMO!

For the experienced Websleuthers, has there ever been a case where the person who carried out the dismemberment was not the actual murderer?

TIA.

That I know of, only when the perps both know each other and one was under the duress of the other, but they were in cahoots for the most part anyway.

2) Also, wouldn't you think that on a student's income, that if he was going to cut one branch, that he'd purchase a little $6 saw with a curved blade and wooden handle, rather than spending $18 - $30+ on a Stanley hacksaw?

Or just tell the Landlord about the branch, and let her take care of it.

If they have him on tape, it'll be interesting to see when he bought it since through his mother, he says April. If he bought it closer to the murder, I wonder how much more of this "frame" job we'll hear of.

BTW- someone asked about Buford and the mother's statements. I'm sure he is very upset about Mrs. McDaniel's comments. This boxes him in at trial and is a really stupid thing to do if you want reasonable doubt (save it for the jury).
Even if he did buy a hacksaw in April to cut tree limbs, whose to say he didn't purchase another one?

The mother's statement is foolish, and I really wish she'd stop talking. The hacksaw wrapper found in his apartment left doubt about whether McD purchased it. Some members here have speculated that the "real killer" might've planted it. While I'm confident LE knows the truth, Mrs. McD now has confirmed for the public that her son did, in fact, purchase a hacksaw. Regardless of what she claims was the purpose, she has helped to dispel the suspicion that he was set up.

BBM-

Bessie I love the way Burns, looks up and to the side, pauses and says "I'm not going to answer that". My favorite video capture was when he was asked by a reporter "what role did the media have in this case". He smiled and immediately looked to Winters to answer for him. Clearly he does not relish on-camera appearances.

Hey, Knox, do you think that little smile and look toward Winters was a joke passing between them? "'What role did the media have in this case?' Well, it gave us an 11+ minute interview with the perp!" And that video just keeps on giving.

i find myself being this way too. and i dont know why. it's like i cant get it through my head that he is guilty of this monstrous murder. i look at him and feel pity sometimes.. not that i dont feel more pity for lauren and her family. but still. i just dont know what's wrong with me with this case. it's like im playing the devils advocate (which is weird because there isnt a day that i dont think about lauren. this case has touched me deeply) so i should be more disgusted by him...

i guess i feel this was because they had him early on, and at the time i didnt think he was guilty, i thought they were holding him because they had nothing else to go on and because of his shaggy appearance. it wasnt until i saw the video that i realized it was something much bigger.

i think im starting to feel the right way about this. im starting to realize that he is a monster and he took away a beautiful life. i hope he is punished to the full extent of the law.

Well, in your case I understand, because I too hate thinking that anyone with that face could be a monster. However, my instincts told me he was guilty right off the bat, sadly. At least you aren't campaigning for his innocence at the expense of all logic, and at least you have the humility to admit why it is just emotionally difficult to accept the idea that a sweet, gentle looking boy could do such a thing. At least you aren't pompously suggesting the MM theoy has more validity than the theory of McDaniel's guilt :)

Or just tell the Landlord about the branch, and let her take care of it.

Exactly. I've lived in apartments and unless the limb had fallen on my car or blocking my entrance or coming through my window, I don't think I'd CARE enough to use my money time and effort to remove a branch myself. That's what you pay your landlord to do. This elaborate story is not going to hold up in my opinion.

Just as I am compelled to wonder about the psychology of one who so vehemently defends the one to whom all evidence thus far points to guilt....or at least enough evidence to have held the suspect thus far.Yea, yea......innocent until proven guilty and all that, but IMO, you are fighting a losing battle...and I can only wonder WHY???? What is the pschology behind you're being so adamantly pro-innocence where so far, per the evidence given us......it does NOT look so good for this young man.

Indeed. It's one thing to presume innocence until the jury returns a verdict, it's another to seemingly presume GUILT when it comes to a person like MM based entirely off of the words of the ACCUSED MURDERER and some flimsy "what ifs" ya know? :banghead:

I don't know if this would be a good idea or not, or what it might mean from a legal standpoint...
But, the thought crossed my mind that if I were MM in this case, who obviously was friends with LG and knew SM,
and having this ridiculous story come out... I'd be seriously considering the idea of making a personal plea
to SM and his family that they all accept that this tragedy has occurred and let LG's family know
what happened to the rest of her body.
Of course, I'm sure his lawyer has told him to just remain silent - sound advise I'm sure.
But, this is just what I'd be thinking if I were in his shoes.

Mom isn't helping...as someone suggested, shades of Cindy Anthony. I had already wondered if MM was to be offered up as George Anthony was, to provide an alternative murderer. And now Mom has admitted he bought a saw before any proof has been shown to the public.

I always wondered if it was true, that LE actually tore the place apart when investigating a potential crime scene.
Guess it is true.
I got a pretty vivid visual on McD's apt thanks to Mrs. McDaniels.

I]“They took his sofa, threw it across the room on top of a chair. They took every plastic bag that he had from the grocery store and pulled all of them out and threw all over the place. They turned his bookcase over and threw his books and his papers all around on the floor in piles. I mean, they trashed the place,” she said.

[/I]Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/06/165...-explanation.html#disqus_thread#ixzz1UGx1Tol9

I always wondered if it was true, that LE actually tore the place apart when investigating a potential crime scene.
Guess it is true.

I]“They took his sofa, threw it across the room on top of a chair. They took every plastic bag that he had from the grocery store and pulled all of them out and threw all over the place. They turned his bookcase over and threw his books and his papers all around on the floor in piles. I mean, they trashed the place,” she said.

[/I]Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/06/165...-explanation.html#disqus_thread#ixzz1UGx1Tol9
I'm sure this is somewhat exaggerated.

The tornadoes that hit Macon and caused a lot of damage were not around downtown Macon. The worst was in north Macon, about 10 + miles from where McD lives. I'm pretty sure there was no damage heavy enough in that area that would prompt him to buy a saw and start cutting limbs.

Guess it is true.

[/i]Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/06/165...-explanation.html#disqus_thread#ixzz1UGx1Tol9
Well, we already knew from the landlady that the apartment "wasn't very clean". :rolleyes: Kinda make me wonder why the cans were left standing in such good order.

Hey, Knox, do you think that little smile and look toward Winters was a joke passing between them? "'What role did the media have in this case?' Well, it gave us an 11+ minute interview with the perp!" And that video just keeps on giving.

Completely, Winters chuckled too before answering the question, or rather not answering it.

I wonder if MM will be the defense equivalent of George Anthony...

Sounds like GMcD will be the equivalent to Cindy Anthony! Excuses, blame someone else, place reasonable doubt, blab to media.

I don't know if this would be a good idea or not, or what it might mean from a legal standpoint...
But, the thought crossed my mind that if I were MM in this case, who obviously was friends with LG and knew SM,
and having this ridiculous story come out... I'd be seriously considering the idea of making a personal plea
to SM and his family that they all accept that this tragedy has occurred and let LG's family know
what happened to the rest of her body.
Of course, I'm sure his lawyer has told him to just remain silent - sound advise I'm sure.
But, this is just what I'd be thinking if I were in his shoes.

What did Zany-The Nany do when Casey Anthony pointed the finger at her in Caylee's disappearance?

I guess ultimately it depends on how much mileage this MM story gets and if it is used at trial to create reasonable doubt in the juries mind. One thing's for sure, his reputation has been impacted. I don't believe it for a minute, but there have been comments @ Macon.com from people who are willing to consider it.

I bet we don't hear from McD's Mom again, at least other than to say "he's innocent". If I were Buford, I'd being driving to Lilburn for a face-to-face today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14