GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SM needs to man up and admit what he has done, tell the family where the rest of her remains are so the can lay her to rest, and and take his punishment, that way her family can have some sense of closure. he got caught, now it's time face it. obviously he has no heart. to keep putting both families through this is just sickening.

has be been evaluated by a psychologist? maybe he is a psychopath? to do what he did, and act the way he did, sounds like a psychopath to me. i guess murder/dismemberment isn't enough for him. he has to put her family through the wringer again by lying and making up stories.

and his mom makes me sick too. i cannot believe she doesn't have enough empathy for the giddings family to not entertain her sick sons silly made up stories and to go to the press and say he's innocent... has she thought about if the story was flipped, and someone had done this to daniel?? how would she feel??

AA - Love you for saying that!

:floorlaugh:Seems as though SM has taken the heat off himself, everyone running around like a bunch of dizzy loons, arguing and throwing innocent mother's under the bus, not to mention slandering those he claim committed this horrendous crime instead of himself. Love that. :rocker:

I really wish somebody would show me where he has been cleared.

QUOTE:article
"DD, the complex’s former maintenance man, walked out of the Macon police detective bureau just before 3 p.m. Friday as reporters gathered for a police announcement about an unrelated murder investigation.

Police had asked DD, a Mercer law student, to drop by their headquarters to answer questions, and he was being “completely cooperative,” said Brett Steger, D’s attorney.

D is not a suspect or a person of interest in Giddings’ slaying. The questioning was brief, Steger said.
Asked about D’s questioning, Macon police spokeswoman Jami Gaudet said police won’t speak about who they are or aren’t scrutinizing in the Giddings’ investigation."

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/06/165...om-says-her.html#ixzz1UVB4il4u[/COLOR][/SIZE]

The bar-prep course began at 9 a.m. June 30 in Classroom C on the main floor of Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law, the neighbor said Monday
In the infamous June 30th interview, McD himself tells us that after he helped the friends search for Lauren till all hours of the night, he went home and crashed for a few hours. Police knocked on his door that morning and woke him up.

Now if someone would tell us he missed a class on Monday or Tuesday of that week, it would be far more interesting.

If he had missed an earlier one, say on June 26th or even the 27th, it may be more damning. The fact that he was involved in the search and at the police station until the wee hours, missing the class the next morning isn't really strange. Of course, it could mean more, but there is a valid, plausible explanation for missing June 30th. Just not good 'proof' of anything.

My understanding is that he volunteered that he had entered apartments and left with a couple of condoms. That, in itself, is not burglary. I think the circumstances he's claiming existed (which may or may not be provable) are quite different from what the police are using as the basis for the burglary charges. In any event, via his attorney, he has claimed innocence. It remains to be seen how it will play out.

Maybe, eventually, he will have a record admit/plead guilty to burglary. That has not happened yet.

According to the Law of Gerogia McD did commit burglary:

2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
CHAPTER 7 - DAMAGE TO AND INTRUSION UPON PROPERTY
ARTICLE 1 - BURGLARY
§ 16-7-1 - Burglary
(a) A person commits the offense of burglary when, without
authority
and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he
enters or remains within the dwelling house of another or any
building, vehicle, railroad car, watercraft, or other such structure
designed for use as the dwelling of another or enters or remains
within any other building, railroad car, aircraft, or any room or any
part thereof. A person convicted of the offense of burglary, for the
first such offense, shall be punished by imprisonment for not less
than one nor more than 20 years...

(b) Upon a second conviction for a crime of burglary occurring after
the first conviction, a person shall be punished by imprisonment for
not less than two nor more than 20 years. Upon a third conviction for
the crime of burglary occurring after the first conviction, a person
shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than five nor more than
20 years. Adjudication of guilt or imposition of sentence shall not be
suspended, probated, deferred, or withheld for any offense punishable

http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-7/article-1/16-7-1/

I am familiar with the concept of profiling. Was only trying to learn if two of the facts supporting the example profile you gave -- specifically, quoting your post here, "the TOD was over 48 hours"and "there are signs of post mordem sexual assault on the torso" -- were ones that had been supported on this forum for this case.

These are just guessimates based of my uneducated/unofficial psych evaluation.

Which, BTW, I really think they need for McD.

If he had missed an earlier one, say on June 26th or even the 27th, it may be more damning. The fact that he was involved in the search and at the police station until the wee hours, missing the class the next morning isn't really strange. Of course, it could mean more, but there is a valid, plausible explanation for missing June 30th. Just not good 'proof' of anything.
To clarify, he did not go to the police station that night.
In fact, in his interview, the searching he speaks about doing with the friends
occurred before the Macon PD arrived and filed the missing person report.
The report says he was dispatched to the apartments at nearly 1am.
I don't know what time he left, or when the friends all departed.
I wonder if any of them had classes the next day? Did they make class?
Given SM's apparent perfect attendance record, I would find this strange.

Not sure if they had classes the whole week............but interesting he could miss Thursdays class after being up all night just from searching or questioning, AND TO GET RID OF THE BODY AFTER EVERYONE ELSE WENT HOME (possibly).......but wondering how he could function all day during the rest of the week prior to the 30th if he was busy all night with dismembering, hiding, cleaning and whatever else was involved in this horrific crime. I wish Butterbean had been there, he wouldv'e yapped her to safety.

Did they have classes before Thursday? Interesting thought

These are just guessimates based of my uneducated/unofficial psych evaluation.

Which, BTW, I really think they need for McD.

They will probably get one, but I don't think it would benefit his defense. All that will prove is that he knew right from wrong. As long as he knows what he did was wrong, then he can't really get away with the mental illness defense. With his education and even his religious background, he knew taking the life of another was wrong. If the death is ruled accidental for some reason (thinking like a fall or something), he still would know hiding and dismembering the body was wrong.

They could shoot for DID - Dissociative Identity Disorder (commonly known as split or multiple personality disorder), but it is not widely accepted in the psychological community, and still wouldn't provide any defense regarding right from wrong if the other personality has been around long enough to learn what McD learned.

All of this info is contingent on him being the actual perpetrator. If it ends up being someone else, then none of that matters. I am adding this part because he has not been convicted yet. With what is coming out regarding facts, it is leaning towards his guilt heavily, but it still hasn't been finalized. Gotta keep my mind open to other possibilities until they get a full confession or the smoking gun (like his DNA on her body or something similar - the hacksaw was not in his apartment, so it is still a gray area for now.).

To clarify, he did not go to the police station that night.
In fact, in his interview, the searching he speaks about doing with the friends
occurred before the Macon PD arrived and filed the missing person report.
The report says he was dispatched to the apartments at nearly 1am.
I don't know what time he left, or when the friends all departed.
I wonder if any of them had classes the next day? Did they make class?
Given SM's apparent perfect attendance record, I would find this strange.

I thought I read they all went down to the station for some reason. Maybe to make the official report or something. I will try to find the article, if you have one with the time, please share it with me. But, even being stressed out and getting through with police around 1am could be valid. Not all that strong in the area of evidence.

If I'm using media statements the B's have made to try to figure out how many admittedly authorized persons have or had master keys to those apartments and the identities of those individuals, based on media statements the B's have made, it makes a difference.

Yes it makes a difference as to who their property managers were before them...............was not referencing that. Only the debate about who should do what with their own property and their titles. In reference to your statement.............I'm guessing no one has concluded the master key situation. The B's and Flynt have owned them since 99...........so that's easy to trace back to one of the three owners or whomever they may have hired, if any, to manage. You know the guy being charged is an admitted thief too.

In the infamous June 30th interview, McD himself tells us that after he helped the friends search for Lauren till all hours of the night, he went home and crashed for a few hours. Police knocked on his door that morning and woke him up.

Now if someone would tell us he missed a class on Monday or Tuesday of that week, it would be far more interesting.

Yes, I always kind of assumed he missed the Thursday one, what with the night-before search, the morning busing to the police station, and getting arrested later. It's the earlier ones I've wondered about, too.

<Modsnip> a son charged with felony murder....

IMO, it is very possible that questionable parenting played a role in the life choices of this pair.

LIFE...........plays a role in EVERYONE'S choices...........

I am going with Schizotypal with a psychotic break from stress.
I think he will say that he was posessed by The Devil if he ever admits to it....but I think he will actually believe that.

I think if he was a true Schizotypal, then he had no business going to college and living in an apartment complex. That was too much for him.

I agree completely, an arrest record only indicates what a person has been caught doing :) Plenty of murderers have never seen the inside of a cop car until they finally do get arrested for murder.
So, while looking into a person's background is a useful method of determining any conduct problems they may have and oftentimes may turn him a history of violent/sexual/dangerous offenses, it's not like the moment you find any sort of arrest on someone's record they immediately become interesting as a possible suspect.
For instance, if DD had an arrest record for burglary, assault, rape, any of that...he'd be "interesting" but an offense totally unrelated to the circumstances of the LG murder amounts to nothing and does NOT "earn" him public scrutiny much less sleuthing from people on this forum.

It was INTERESTING to me................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim