GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank-you Emmadpotter for posting the link to those pictures again.

Ummm, I couldn't help but notice that there is not any (or much) black dusting in SM's bathroom. Not near the quantity that's in Lauren's. :(

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/30/1649794_a1649727/barristers-hall-getting-ready.html

Thanks Wondergirl for that keen observation. I had not noticed that before, but now that you mention it, and looking again, you are absolutely correct! Huge difference in amount of fingerprint powder....and I'm assuming those two photos were shot the same day. Very telling possibly!!

I think these photos are mixed up. In the one where we see the plumber reaching through the wall he's supposed to be in LG's apartment, right? We can see into the bathroom, and the tub and toilet are next to each other. So, the bathroom with tub and toilet on opposite walls must be McD's. That is the one covered in fingerprint dust.

ETA: Never mind. I had to zoom way, way in, but now I can see the toilet is perpendicular to the door in LG's apartment.

glad you edited, lol, you had me going all through the photos and getting most thoroughly confused!

but, on the topic, what about this one and its caption:

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/30/1649794_a1649722/barristers-hall-getting-ready.html

Do you see this in the photo: (quote from end of caption) "On the left of the photo a hole in the wall of Lauren Giddings' bedroom reveals where plumbing work was recently completed."

Danged if I do! (ETA: maybe it was cropped out??)

edited again:
though it says it's Lauren's apt., I'm thinking this one is actually taken in Stephen's...? ummm, I'm still thoroughly confused...!

I don't think most fast food restaurants would remember one person that well. They may remember her face, especially after it hit the news they were at the drive-thru, but I seriously doubt they can remember who is in every car. Depending on the angle, they may not have even been able to see in the passengar seat. It does bring up some interesting thinking.
The cashier's number or initials would be on the receipt, and LE would've have questioned him/her. The cashier might not be a credible witness, but if he/she told LE he/she remembered waiting on LG, and she was alone, LE has to take that statement into account. Unless there are more images that haven't been released.

ETA: Forgot to mention, most fast food places have cameras above the outdoor menu where you call in your order. The monitors are inside, and employees can see who's in the car placing an order before the car reaches the pick up window.

Thanks Wondergirl for that keen observation. I had not noticed that before, but now that you mention it, and looking again, you are absolutely correct! Huge difference in amount of fingerprint powder....and I'm assuming those two photos were shot the same day. Very telling possibly!!

Of course, they would have expected to find plenty of SM's in his own bathroom ...

I would bet money that SM had to "use" Lauren's bathroom, when he went into her apartment with her friends, on the Wednesday night.

In fact, I bet LE found many imprints from SM's fingers, in Lauren's apartment. He probably had a few ideas to "look around".

I would bet money that SM had to "use" Lauren's bathroom, when he went into her apartment with her friends, on the Wednesday night.

In fact, I bet LE found many imprints from SM's fingers, in Lauren's apartment. He probably had a few ideas to "look around".

If he's the killer, you may be right. Then again, if he is and he felt he did a jam-up clean-up job, he might have taken care NOT to touch anything on that search

glad you edited, lol, you had me going all through the photos and getting most thoroughly confused!

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/30/1649794_a1649722/barristers-hall-getting-ready.html

Do you see this in the photo: (quote from end of caption) "On the left of the photo a hole in the wall of Lauren Giddings' bedroom reveals where plumbing work was recently completed."

edited again:
though it says it's Lauren's apt., I'm thinking this one is actually taken in Stephen's...? ummm, I'm still thoroughly confused...!
I think someone just goofed.
But, in this photo, you can see the hole they are referring to, behind the door.
It's a large hole, but you can only see the left edge of it.
This would be at the head of LG's tub.
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/30/1649794_a1649729/barristers-hall-getting-ready.html

edited again: though it says it's Lauren's apt., I'm thinking this one is actually taken in Stephen's...? ummm, I'm still thoroughly confused...!

Here's a photo of LG's bedrrom, with a hole in the wall, which appearas to be to the left of her bathroom: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/30/1649794_a1649729/barristers-hall-getting-ready.html

There's no way photographically that they could have shown this in the same shot here: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/30/1649794_a1649722/barristers-hall-getting-ready.html However, it does appear that this bedroom wall was to the immediate left of the wall in the photo of her hallway showing the workman outside her bathroom. If that makes sense? The other huge gaping hole IS to the left, but was not, nor ever was, in that same photo. her tub was on the left hand side of the bathroom wall, so makes sense that the hole to access it was in her leftward bedroom. McD's tub was against the right wall in HIS (from the same facing orientation) bathroom, hence, the hole in the wall to the right of her bathroom. Their bathrooms, imo, shared a wall, but their tubs were on opposite sides of that wall.

ETA: Okay, not technically on opposite sides, but, facing LG's bathroom, both on the leftmost wall, so not sharing a wall, tub-wise, but......still sharing a bathroom wall nonetheless.

Okay, last edit of the night....and I'm goimg to bed, after tucking in my two new Americauna chix......McD's tub appears to be on the LEFT side of his bathroom(if vewied through the walls of LD's hallway,bathroom, but to the RIGHT side of her bathroom wall. Okay.....going to tuck baby chix in for the night.....still DYSLEXICALLY challenged....but think I made it clear this time? :)

I don't think most fast food restaurants would remember one person that well. They may remember her face, especially after it hit the news they were at the drive-thru, but I seriously doubt they can remember who is in every car. Depending on the angle, they may not have even been able to see in the passengar seat. It does bring up some interesting thinking.

Lauren may have been a regular customer at that particular Zaxbys. If so, the employees could have recognized her but did not know her name.

Here's a photo of LG's bedrrom, with a hole in the wall, which appearas to be to the left of her bathroom: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/30/1649794_a1649729/barristers-hall-getting-ready.html

holeinwallLG.jpg

There's no way photographically that they could have shown this in the same shot here: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/30/1649794_a1649722/barristers-hall-getting-ready.html
plumberLG.jpg

However, it does appear that this bedroom wall was to the immediate left of the wall in the photo of her hallway showing the workman outside her bathroom. If that makes sense? The other huge gaping hole IS to the left, but was not, nor ever was, in that same photo. her tub was on the left hand side of the bathroom wall, so makes sense that the hole to access it was in her leftward bedroom. McD's tub was against the right wall in HIS (from the same facing orientation) bathroom, hence, the hole in the wall to the right of her bathroom. Their bathrooms, imo, shared a wall, but their tubs were on opposite sides of that wall.

ETA: Okay, not technically on opposite sides, but, facing LG's bathroom, both on the leftmost wall, so not sharing a wall, tub-wise, but......still sharing a bathroom wall nonetheless.

Lauren's bathroom​
bathroomLG.jpg

McDaniel's bathtub
bathtubMcD.jpg

I think the plumber is reaching in through the wall on the side of McD's tub, the one with the soapdish. He can't be reaching in from behind the faucets, because the toilet is to the right of the tub, and there's not enough room to his left. That means the toilets are back to back, which makes sense. And I would guess, his vanity is along the same wall as LG's.

I get an uneasy feeling just looking at those pictures and realizing how close those bathrooms are to each other.

There's no way photographically that they could have shown this in the same shot here: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/30/1649794_a1649722/barristers-hall-getting-ready.html However, it does appear that this bedroom wall was to the immediate left of the wall in the photo of her hallway showing the workman outside her bathroom. If that makes sense? The other huge gaping hole IS to the left, but was not, nor ever was, in that same photo. her tub was on the left hand side of the bathroom wall, so makes sense that the hole to access it was in her leftward bedroom. McD's tub was against the right wall in HIS (from the same facing orientation) bathroom, hence, the hole in the wall to the right of her bathroom. Their bathrooms, imo, shared a wall, but their tubs were on opposite sides of that wall.

Okay, last edit of the night....and I'm goimg to bed, after tucking in my two new Americauna chix......McD's tub appears to be on the LEFT side of his bathroom(if vewied through the walls of LD's hallway,bathroom, but to the RIGHT side of her bathroom wall. Okay.....going to tuck baby chix in for the night.....still DYSLEXICALLY challenged....but think I made it clear this time? :)

(my bolding, above)

Thanks, it's a lot clearer to me now! Probably about as clear as it's going to get, considering how SPATIALLY CHALLENGED I often am! Good luck with the little chicks, bet they are cute!

Lauren may have been a regular customer at that particular Zaxbys. If so, the employees could have recognized her but did not know her name.

Definitely - I used to frequent that Zaxby's and they would remember me when I pulled up to the window.

Just some perspective - the car that is at the pickup window has an awning/overhang that extends over to the right side of the car. Your car is basically enclosed on both sides. Also, it's kind of on an incline (so the cars behind are at a slightly downward angle). Also, the window inside is very large with lots of glass all the way around, so the employees could very well see in the car (both front and backseat).

Definitely - I used to frequent that Zaxby's and they would remember me when I pulled up to the window.

Just some perspective - the car that is at the pickup window has an awning/overhang that extends over to the right side of the car. Your car is basically enclosed on both sides. Also, it's kind of on an incline (so the cars behind are at a slightly downward angle). Also, the window inside is very large with lots of glass all the way around, so the employees could very well see in the car (both front and backseat).

I went to the Zaxby's a few days ago and I made a point to LOOK for the camera around the drive-thru and I could NOT see it! It's not in the awning part at all that I could see. Bessie posted last night that most cameras are at the place where you order and maybe it was, I just didn't see it. But I would think that they would have had a clear shot of her face if it were right there. The news article stated that they could see her arm extend from the car, so I assumed that they got her on camera at the place where you EXTEND your arm to get your food. I guess it could have been above the big menu board and she just put her arm out the car window at that time.

ASSIGNMENT: Locals, go to Zaxby's drive-thru at lunch today and find the camera! Just kidding, unless you really want to....

I went to the Zaxby's a few days ago and I made a point to LOOK for the camera around the drive-thru and I could NOT see it! It's not in the awning part at all that I could see. Bessie posted last night that most cameras are at the place where you order and maybe it was, I just didn't see it. But I would think that they would have had a clear shot of her face if it were right there. The news article stated that they could see her arm extend from the car, so I assumed that they got her on camera at the place where you EXTEND your arm to get your food. I guess it could have been above the big menu board and she just put her arm out the car window at that time.

ASSIGNMENT: Locals, go to Zaxby's drive-thru at lunch today and find the camera! Just kidding, unless you really want to....

Maybe I can swing through and look - they have a somewhat high tech system because they have flat screen (computer) monitors that count down drive through wait times. I took note of these because I'd never seen this before and it also indicates that they have a good, computerized system and that the window is very large for seeing inside and outside.

ETA: Does it count for investigative purposes if I must have an unhealthy meal? :)

Lauren's bathroom​
bathroomLG.jpg

McDaniel's bathtub
bathtubMcD.jpg

So, I think everyone's right that LG & SM's bathrooms, while not the same layout, probably do share a wall. It's interesting to me to remember that the apartment that I've been in there (and have used the bathroom) was on the right side if looking at the front doors, like SM's. But the layout of the bathroom was like LG's. Sorry if this is TMI but I'm recalling a distinct memory....when walking down the hall, the bathroom was on the left side. If sitting on the toilet, you face the back of the apartment (not the front door), the sink/vanity is on your left side and the tub is perpendicular to your knees.

So, instead of having the opposite layout of the apartment it shares a side wall with, they have the flopped layout of the apartment it shares a back wall with.

Not that this will have any bearing on the case whatsoever, I'm just working this out in my head and to you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle