GUILTY GA - Martin Romero, 33, & four children stabbed to death, Loganville, 6 July 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Melissa Huckabee. That was rare. I will never forget poor Sandra Cantu.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Melissa Huckaby is a rare type. I also forgot Yoselyn Ortega.

My son had a psychotic episode when he was on chemo and steroids when he had cancer. He was hospitalized for 4 days. It was the scariest and most painful thing ever as his mother. He hated me. I think he secretly wanted to kill us all. It was terrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry to hear your son had cancer and went through chemo and steroids. Psychotic episodes are very scary. I've witnessed these episodes for years. I get ya. My son has schizoaffective disorder about the same as schizophrenia. I wish this MI upon no one. I've lived through this nightmare for 10 yrs. it only progresses. My state of CA uses the money budgeted for mental illness towards other things and not on mental health. I was just listening to a talk radio station on this very subject being discussed with guest Kelly Thomas dad. His poor son was mentally ill and beaten to death by a bunch of Fullerton cops while he cried for Daddy. It is embedded in my mind forever. I cry thinking about it.

This is why you see so many mentally ill roaming the streets homeless and talking to themselves filthy dirty. The state does not spend the money for mental health long term hospital care. One year is the max if you can get disability. Once arrested on 5150 than 5250 psychiatric hold danger to yourself and others psych hospitals will stabilize and don't usually keep them past a couple of weeks then back in the streets they go un-medicated. This is an endless circle.

IMHO the death of her Father triggered the psychotic break. Clearly she is mentally ill.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. It must be so upsetting. Was it the chemo that made him have the psychotic episode or the trauma of the cancer?

It was the steroids. On chemo you have to take them to boost your immune system. He couldn't stop them either. He had to take risperdal and Ativan until after it cleared all the way out like a month after. When he was initially on the risperdal they gave me smaller dose pills because they were out of the others and I mistakenly gave him too little and he almost flipped out again.

I'm so sorry to hear your son had cancer and went through chemo and steroids. Psychotic episodes are very scary. I've witnessed these episodes for years. I get ya. My son has schizoaffective disorder about the same as schizophrenia. I wish this MI upon no one. I've lived through this nightmare for 10 yrs. it only progresses. My state of CA uses the money budgeted for mental illness towards other things and not on mental health. I was just listening to a talk radio station on this very subject being discussed with guest Kelly Thomas dad. His poor son was mentally ill and beaten to death by a bunch of Fullerton cops while he cried for Daddy. It is embedded in my mind forever. I cry thinking about it.

This is why you see so many mentally ill roaming the streets homeless and talking to themselves filthy dirty. The state does not spend the money for mental health long term hospital care. One year is the max if you can get disability. Once arrested on 5150 than 5250 psychiatric hold danger to yourself and others psych hospitals will stabilize and don't usually keep them past a couple of weeks then back in the streets they go un-medicated. This is an endless circle.

IMHO the death of her Father triggered the psychotic break. Clearly she is mentally ill.

I agree totally. I'm sorry your son has a lifetime diagnosis. I suspect my son has some ongoing issues but they weren't that.

It was the steroids. On chemo you have to take them to boost your immune system. He couldn't stop them either. He had to take risperdal and Ativan until after it cleared all the way out like a month after. When he was initially on the risperdal they gave me smaller dose pills because they were out of the others and I mistakenly gave him too little and he almost flipped out again.

My goodness. I hope he is a lot better now. My mother is having chemo. I don't want this to happen to her.

I agree w that part, but the media in our current climate is using it as sensationalism.

Agree. She also could have been afraid to get medical help for herself

It could also be relevant that she's an illegal becuz I would imagine that many illegals are too afraid to seek medical care when needed, for fear of getting reported and deported?????

Also read that they had just got back from the beach. I wondered if that trip was to help her cope with her fathers death.

A relative of the family, who asked not to be identified, told CNN the family had recently returned from a vacation and the mother had been depressed over the death of her father.

Snip
Neighbor Rafael Ramirez said the mother had been “acting bizarre” and experiencing hallucinations since the death of her father about 20 days ago.

http://wtkr.com/2017/07/06/4-children-father-found-dead-at-georgia-home/

It appears they lived there a few months, her dad died 20 days previous. Maybe she wanted to go but didn't have the money. Maybe the vacation was planned and paid for in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae
Immigration officials said Friday that Martinez illegally entered the U.S. from Mexico.

I'm trying to quote the original post by Ellay Mae and then the reply by AZPistonsGirl so I can reply to both...... pretty sure I messed it up.
However what I wanted to say is I think her being in this country illegally may actually have everything to do with this case.

Perhaps the death of her father brought on the initial psychosis. The neighbor boy said she started to get mean after her father's death. http://www.11alive.com/mb/news/police-identify-victims-in-gwinnett-county-family-slaughter/454788227
So perhaps because she was here illegally, she couldnt go to her fathers funeral and pay last respects, which caused her to have the psychotic break.

All just my humble option and thinking out loud, but just maybe it had everything to do with this case.

My goodness. I hope he is a lot better now. My mother is having chemo. I don't want this to happen to her.

I hope it doesn't. I'm not sure if t is required of all chemos. My son had Hodgkin Lymphoma, my friend's daughter has leukemia and she gets it too :(

Oh White, I protested every Saturday for MONTHS in Fullerton over the murder of Kelly Thomas. I remember him from the bus station there. Gentle, kind soul.

And I've watched how resources for mental health have declined dramatically in our state. It's criminal.

I agree totally. I'm sorry your son has a lifetime diagnosis. I suspect my son has some ongoing issues but they weren't that.

Thank you so much. I hope your sons issues aren't serious. [emoji1317]

Oh White, I protested every Saturday for MONTHS in Fullerton over the murder of Kelly Thomas. I remember him from the bus station there. Gentle, kind soul.

And I've watched how resources for mental health have declined dramatically in our state. It's criminal.

I protested too. We must have crossed paths. Crazy. What a small world. I used to see Kelly around town all the time. I can't believe those cops weren't prosecuted. That was murder. Kelly was a harmless soul. The mgr made the story up so he would be arrested because she thought him hanging around would ruin her business. They only found letters in his backpack. I'm getting upset now. This case breaks my heart.

Was this mother new to our country? How long has she been here?

The only thing I've read is the family had lived in the trailer for about two months, but it seems like they had moved from another state.

Does the mother have any family living in the US?

Was this mother new to our country? How long has she been here?

The only thing I've read is the family had lived in the trailer for about two months, but it seems like they had moved from another state.

Does the mother have any family living in the US?

I haven't seen anything about how long ago she entered the US. Articles say she recently moved to Georgia, but she lived in Chicago before that and has family there, including the godparents of one of her children. If the youngest was 2 my guess is the baptism was at least 2 years ago. But that's just a guess. It might have been one of her older children.

Her father died in June. He was living in Mexico.

Steroids are the worst drug in the world, IMO.
They made me want to punch something, a wall, anything.
I've never felt that way before or since.
They don't warn you either so you don't know it's the drug making you crazy.

First time to comment (Hi)...hopefully I'm doing this correctly.

I am wondering if there was some resentment towards her family since she was unable to return to Mexico for her Father's funeral?

I know a person who illegally entered the US and had made a life for himself, and has a wife and children. There was an important family event back in Mexico that he was unable to attend for fear of not being able to get back to his life/family here in the states.

It just makes me think maybe the Mom had some twisted resentment towards her family, maybe a statement was made to her that she needed to be here with her husband and children and leaving could result in her not being able to return to them. 100% speculation on my part.

I haven't seen anything about how long ago she entered the US. Articles say she recently moved to Georgia, but she lived in Chicago before that and has family there, including the godparents of one of her children. If the youngest was 2 my guess is the baptism was at least 2 years ago. But that's just a guess. It might have been one of her older children.

Her father died in June. He was living in Mexico.
A mother charged with killing four of her young children and their father smiled and posed for cameras, giving a double 'thumbs up' sign to a photographer as she awaited her first court hearing.

Isabel Martinez, 33, appeared before Gwinnett County Magistrate Judge Michael Thorpe Friday, one day after police said she stabbed five family members to death and seriously injured another child at a home in Loganville, Georgia.

Martinez is also in the country illegally according to US Customs and Immigration Enforcement spokesperson Bryan Cox.

Immigration authorities have placed a hold on Martinez, who is from Mexico and entered the US illegally.*

Cox said this is Martinez's first encounter with immigration authorities and it is not clear how long she has been in the US.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4674176/Woman-charged-slayings-4-children-father-court.html

Doesnt she look like shes squeezing her daughters arms tightly? Look at her knuckles. The little girl looks scared.

a67cc13c3f6ef8e8524eafa5713299b0.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4674176/Woman-charged-slayings-4-children-father-court.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back