Found Deceased GA - Melanie Steele, 24, car found abandoned, Savannah, 13 Sep 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm curious about the husband...literally nothing is said about him in any article, except that they had just recently married.

Did she know him long before they married? Does he have a criminal history of any kind? Is he also involved with drugs? etc. Any detail on him might be helpful to this case, either in assessing if he posed any threat to Melanie or if someone were out to hurt him (and by association Melanie) for any reason.

The “I woke up and my partner was gone, help!” Scenario is getting old. Yeah sure maybe once in awhile this is the case but... who leaves their new “husband” alone in a hotel room late at night and just vanishes? I’m not buying it.
Thank you and I am not buying it either I firmly believe that he knows where my baby is

My name is Chris and I am Melanie father like you also hope this doesn't fall through the cracks and I hope she is found safe and soon I do need to let you know that about half of what you're reading is incorrect these people seem to be putting out stories they want to put out that benefit them Melanie was not staying at the Motel 6 on Stephenson she was at a Motel 6 in a much worse part of town at Highway 204 and I-95 and her car was found I believe it's about 12 miles away in Thunderbolt and just to let you know I would appreciate anything that anyone here can do to help find her

Thanks for your reply, I feel for you and everyone who cares for Melanie. I can only imagine how frustrating hearing conflicting information must be. I hope something comes to light soon. I'm not sure if anyone else has a looked up the record and read the indictments for the past offenses of her husband but they concern me.

Mr. Steele, do you know what brought them to the area? Do you know if they knew anyone here?

Thank you for your time, I hope you will get the answers you all need from the police soon.

My name is Chris and I am Melanie father like you also hope this doesn't fall through the cracks and I hope she is found safe and soon I do need to let you know that about half of what you're reading is incorrect these people seem to be putting out stories they want to put out that benefit them Melanie was not staying at the Motel 6 on Stephenson she was at a Motel 6 in a much worse part of town at Highway 204 and I-95 and her car was found I believe it's about 12 miles away in Thunderbolt and just to let you know I would appreciate anything that anyone here can do to help find her
I-95 can be a bit sketchy at some exits. Is that the Motel 6 beside the Harley Davidson dealership?
I stayed at a place at the same exit - except on other side of the interstate about two months ago. That side was pretty good.

I will say a prayer that Melanie is found soon.

I'm not sure what or how much I can stay on here but again I am Melanie father and I would say that you have every right to be curious of him and even suspicious of him I don't trust him and yes I think he's involved

Chris, I'm so sorry for what you and Melanie's loved ones are going through. Once you get verified and comfortable, I hope that you'll be able to explain more about her husband. Prayers for answers for y'all.

Right now I think its midway in the investigation & when the FBI was brought in by Savannah LE that turned up the investigation, offering more resources to the local agency. IMO, Melanie's case is being investigated with utmost care as quickly as possible.
LE is probably gathering all info from many social media accounts & messaging platforms. process of elimination & the inclusion of potential witnesses & person(s) of interest is underway, IMO.

may take more time than we thnk it should for a social media co. like Facebook to react to subpoenas. We've seen/read abt it n past cases but no idea if thts a regular occurrance.

Help spread awareness: hold a candlelight vigil for Melanie in Savannah, pass out flyers. Hopefully family or representative of the family starts a "Help Bring Melanie Steele Home" Facebook page. It would keep Melanie's face out there in the media and around the area she was last seen. The idea being somebody comes forward.
Prayers for the family & Melanie!!

Missing Person / NamUs #MP60524Melanie Rae Steele, Female, White / Caucasian
Looks like the family is doing all they can to bring their girl home!
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

"..Anyone with information about Steele’s whereabouts is encouraged to call 911, the Special Victims Unit at 912-651-6742, the Violent Crimes Tip Line at 912-525-3124, or the CrimeStoppers hotline at 912-234-2020. Tipsters remain anonymous and may qualify for a cash reward..."
Quote from link:
Police appeal for information in search for missing woman

Last edited:
This is under "circumstances of disappearance" on her NAMUS profile:

"Melanie was last seen dropping off a family member at the Suburban Extended Stay Motel located at 10614 Abercorn St in Savannah Ga (midtown) around 10:00 pm on 9/13/2019. Melanie left driving a 2005 Dodge Neon that was later recovered in Thunderbolt Ga by police."

Family member?

I wish we knew when staff last saw Melanie at the Motel 6. They are playing this so close to the vest. I was thinking they know a lot more than they are releasing. What struck me as odd is that the FBI was called in. Isn't that an unusual move? Do they think she was taken across state lines or is it because Savannah is just across the bridge from SC?

I wish we knew when staff last saw Melanie at the Motel 6. They are playing this so close to the vest. I was thinking they know a lot more than they are releasing. What struck me as odd is that the FBI was called in. Isn't that an unusual move? Do they think she was taken across state lines or is it because Savannah is just across the bridge from SC?
Welcome to websleuths @ItsJustJamie !!! Great first post, glad you’re here! :D

The FBI bring with them far more resources than a local LE agency have at their disposal, the local agencies have a budget & while they may have funding for MP cases/Special Victim cases I would imagine it can be beneficial to bring in those resources. What exactly they are using the FBI for Im not sure I assume its electronics and social media as well as extra bodies to help investigate in both cities Savannah & Smyrna or wherever the case takes them. Also, IMO Savannah LE have investigators assigned to this case but I imagine it isnt their only case. This is all just my own speculation i have not odea who's doing what or who's assigned where.

Bumping... no news for a month. I’m thinking since “husband” was so defensive and then deleted fb, and then no media surrounding this case for awhile... I think LE knows who did it and is just putting together their case, I think it will be just a matter of time and theyll announce that he is their POI..
But just my opinion of course
Sending you hugs @ChrisSteele

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties