Found Deceased GA - Melanie Steele, 24, car found abandoned, Savannah, 13 Sep 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JAN 18, 2020
Savannah police join family members in appeal for information on missing woman
[...]

“She has been missing and hasn’t spoken to family or friends or been heard from since the night of Sept. 13,” said SPD Cpl. Michael Rowan. “We know people are involved in the disappearance and this case, and we just ask that anyone who’s heard anything call CrimeStoppers or Savannah Police Department’s Special Victims Unit.”

[...]

“My daughter has been missing since Sept. 13. That’s 125 days that I have to get into a warm bed at night and try to sleep not knowing the condition that my child is in,” said JJ, Steele’s mother. “It is hard. We miss her and we really need her back home. We need your help.”

Johnson said she is constantly reminded of their last conversation over the phone that occurred the night she was last seen. One of the last things Steele told her mother was that she loved her. Johnson said she clings to that conversation but wants to know what happened after that conversation that led to her disappearance.

“We’re going crazy,” said Anthony Johnson, Steele’s brother. “This is something that happens on TV. We’re not supposed to be going through this.”

[...]

If anyone reading here has any information that may help locate Melanie there is a cash reward for that information. To collect the cash reward you do have to report it to CrimeStoppers by calling 912-234-2020.
Crimestoppers is private and so is the cash reward.
No meeting required, just phone it in. Crimestoppers wont even require your name. Totally anonymous.

JAN 20, 2020
Savannah Police still looking for woman months after disappearance
[...]

"It takes your breath away, not knowing where your child is,” said Melanie's mother, JJ. ...

[...]

Savannah PD has partnered with the FBI to continue this search.

[...]

The family says they’re grateful for the work police have done so far, but they’re begging for anyone with information to speak up.

“We need something. Something to help us out. We’re going crazy," said Melanie's brother, AJ.

[...]

It’s now been 125 days since Melanie was last seen.

“I pray to God it does not go into 126,” Johnson said.

Melanie’s mother posted this weekend that 4 people were arrested. She mentions 2 by name, one is on Melanie’s FB friends list and the other is on that person’s friends list. Can’t find a record of arrest online for those names though.

Melanie’s mother posted this weekend that 4 people were arrested. She mentions 2 by name, one is on Melanie’s FB friends list and the other is on that person’s friends list. Can’t find a record of arrest online for those names though.
I don't see her mother's post or names mentioned, where did she post this?

Checking in- arrests!!!!???? Who and what charges. FOUR people connected to Melanie’s disappearance- wow. I’m glad for FBI & progress, but still can’t fathom the lack of publicity with this case. I’ve only seen the story featured once on the evening news- and very early on, months ago. Really want to know what happened.

When did the last seen location in Savannah change to the 2100 block of California Ave?

Police, family seek public’s help in unsolved missing persons case out of Georgia

Steele was last seen in the 2100 block of California Avenue. She is described as a white female who is five feet, seven inches tall and weighs 150 pounds. She has curly blonde hair.​
Good question! I missed that. This new location is a mile-ish NW of the Thunderbolt area that was the last location before this Cal Ave. Before that it was Abercorn. And before that the Motel 6. WTH? Why are details so slow to come out? And what else are they not releasing. That’s a lot of driving around in totally unrelated areas- weird.

PS: That pic doesn’t look ANYTHING like the pics released early on. I wouldn’t even know it’s the same woman!

Good question! I missed that. This new location is a mile-ish NW of the Thunderbolt area that was the last location before this Cal Ave. Before that it was Abercorn. And before that the Motel 6. WTH? Why are details so slow to come out? And what else are they not releasing. That’s a lot of driving around in totally unrelated areas- weird.

PS: That pic doesn’t look ANYTHING like the pics released early on. I wouldn’t even know it’s the same woman!
Yes. A number of things are different. Photo. Last seen.

I know that we had reporting that her vehicle was recovered in Thunderbolt but I had not seen any reporting that she was last seen anywhere near there.

I guess since the story was out of the news cycle for such a long time a number of things moved forward or law enforcement was sitting on the information they had. And I suspect more shoes will drop.

I don't see her mother's post or names mentioned, where did she post this?
It was on FB Feb 2nd. Her first post was screenshot and shared on Melanie’s page publicly. The post where she says names was not shared publicly, it was only on Melanie’s mom’s page and posted to friends-only. The one girl whose name was mentioned started posting on FB again on the 4th, so she either was released or is out on bail I assume.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back