GUILTY GA - Nancy Salado-Mayo, 30, killed, 6yo injured by suicidal driver, 4 Oct 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Masterj said:
That is so wrong.
What do mean? Do you think it's wrong for LouLou's family to not apologize, or do you think I'm wrong to think THEY are wrong? (I've just confused myself! :confused: )

southerngirl said:
Today I read on Steve Huff's blog in the comment's section words by Nancy Salado-Mayo's niece. She said there has not been a word of apology expressed by LouLou's family. Absolutely I would apologize to the family if I were in their shoes, as I think most moral people would. To not express sorrow and apologize to the victim's family is unconscionable.
Hmmm...I thought they had apologized. At least, there was a news report to that effect.
4b10f368.gif

IdahoMom said:
Hmmm...I thought they had apologized. At least, there was a news report to that effect. http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n16/catluvah5779/4b10f368.gif
Here is the niece's comments in toto:

"Thanks for the support! This means a lot to my uncle: Mario Bibiano and our family.

We are making sure the proper measures are taken to bring this situation to justice.

Leslie is at home. Her first day back to school was Mon 10/23. Marito (Mario Jr) went back to school the week after Nancy was buried San Marcos, Guerrero. Alex it is at home with my uncle. We had an altar up for the 9 days of prayer:(catholic: once a person dies they are believed to be in a state of purgatory and we pray to show her the perpetual light)

The service was indeed a one of a kind. There was no additional room to sit in the church and there were people who didn’t even know her to come and pay their respect. Yet still not even a single word of Sorry has been spoken.

Once again thanks."

I went back and reread the defense attorney's statements. He said the family is "devastated" by the "accident" and mentions the prayers by the family. No apology. And apparently LouLou's family has not personally extended themselves to the family of LouLou's victim, according to the niece.

An apology would assume responsibity, and LouLou's family, probably advised by their attorney, is not willing to assume any, and would rather chalk this unfortunate situation up to "an accident."

southerngirl said:
An apology would assume responsibity, and LouLou's family, probably advised by their attorney, is not willing to assume any, and would rather chalk this unfortunate situation up to "an accident."

EXACTLY, Southengirl! My point exactly about the type of girl this is and the family she comes from. :sick: :furious:

IdahoMom said:
Me too. It's stories like this that make me think that life isn't fair. :(
My personal opinion is that Life is entirely just, but we only see a very small piece of the picture here!

southerngirl said:
Here is the niece's comments in toto:

"Thanks for the support! This means a lot to my uncle: Mario Bibiano and our family.

We are making sure the proper measures are taken to bring this situation to justice.

Leslie is at home. Her first day back to school was Mon 10/23. Marito (Mario Jr) went back to school the week after Nancy was buried San Marcos, Guerrero. Alex it is at home with my uncle. We had an altar up for the 9 days of prayer:(catholic: once a person dies they are believed to be in a state of purgatory and we pray to show her the perpetual light)

The service was indeed a one of a kind. There was no additional room to sit in the church and there were people who didn’t even know her to come and pay their respect. Yet still not even a single word of Sorry has been spoken.

Once again thanks."

I went back and reread the defense attorney's statements. He said the family is "devastated" by the "accident" and mentions the prayers by the family. No apology. And apparently LouLou's family has not personally extended themselves to the family of LouLou's victim, according to the niece.

Does an apology count as a legal form of admission of guilt? I would not think that it would.

southcitymom said:
Does an apology count as a legal form of admission of guilt? I would not think that it would.
That is a good question, and I don't know the answer. Maybe it would depend on the way in which it is worded? I would simply say, "I'm sorry." Nothing more, nothing less.

southcitymom said:
Southcitymom, when you get a second, can you please check your private messages? I just sent you something.

Southerngirl, thanks very much.

southerngirl said:
That is a good question, and I don't know the answer. Maybe it would depend on the way in which it is worded? I would simply say, "I'm sorry." Nothing more, nothing less.
I would guess that it would not be a legal admission of guilt, but may be perceived by some to in the public arena to be one.

Other news sources I've heard certainly make it sound like the family has extended themselves with apologies and prayers. Who knows?

Certainly an apology is in order.

Another thought I just had about the apology thing....There will almost certainly be a civil wrongful death case filed on behalf of the woman who was killed. This would be separate from the criminal case against Louise. Perhaps a whole bunch of lawyers are telling the Brunstads to be quiet.

So sad, all the way around.

southerngirl said:
What do mean? Do you think it's wrong for LouLou's family to not apologize, or do you think I'm wrong to think THEY are wrong? (I've just confused myself! :confused: )
sorry - I was agreeing with you. It is so wrong that her family has not apologized.

Many years ago I was the driver of a car which hit a teenager (I was found not at fault; teenager was of an age where should have had better sense than to run into traffic.) He did not die, but was hospitalized. I wanted very much to let his family know that I felt very bad about the whole thing, but our attorney absolutely forbade me to contact them for that purpose. Perhaps this is something similar on the part of this attorney.

Opie said:
Many years ago I was the driver of a car which hit a teenager (I was found not at fault; teenager was of an age where should have had better sense than to run into traffic.) He did not die, but was hospitalized. I wanted very much to let his family know that I felt very bad about the whole thing, but our attorney absolutely forbade me to contact them for that purpose. Perhaps this is something similar on the part of this attorney.
Opie, I'm sorry you had to experience something so traumatic.

I have heard this over and over again. You are not supposed to make contact with the victims/other party when an accident or crime has occurred. You are supposed to shut your mouth.

My nephew was hit by a car a few years ago. The driver that hit him was very much at fault and was in fact a neighbor of my sister and nephew's. He never said a word. My sister was furious about it but she was told by her attornies that he was surely under the strictest of orders to avoid her at all costs and to have zero communication with her.

Thanks, IdahoMom. Through a neighbor of his I learned that he made a good physical recovery. That helped me a lot.

I am awaiting more info on this suicidal girl, but have no questions about why her family has not apologized.

Wow, if the whole school including teachers knew that Louise was depressed and troubled , then something should have been done and she definitely should not have been out driving. It would be interesting to hear her diagnosis because I think that there is more than just depression by the way that she was behaving with the demand for sex, leaving notes, and the text messaging. Sounds like she was obsessed and maybe stalking especially if she and this other girl had never even went out together or the other girl never showed any interest. I don't see how depression can cause someone to hurt others or not be able to realize potential harm. After all, Louise didn't shoot herself or run into something without people in it. At least according to Court tv, the insanity plea usually does not work for people unless stark raving mad and unable to understand at all.

Opie said:
Opie,

Thanks you for sharing your experience and insight into the apology situation. I am so sorry you had to go through that.

Opie said:
Thank you for sharing Opie. I am sorry you had to go through that.

Do we know if Louise was being treated for depression or if she was taking any medication?

southcitymom and masterj--
Thank you for your remarks. I am okay now, but it was VERY upsetting at the time and for some years afterward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valerie1022
Back