GUILTY GA - Natalie Henderson, 17, & Carter Davis, 17, murdered, 1 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
EXCLUSIVE: Surveillance video key in making arrest in Roswell teen murders
11Alive News has exclusive new documents that provide greater detail into the timeline of events surrounding the murders of Natalie Henderson and Carter Davis.

Documents show 20-year-old Jeffrey Hazelwood’s vehicle and surveillance cameras were key to connecting him to the murders of the two 17-year-olds. According to the documents, surveillance video from a UPS in the Kings Plaza Shopping Center where the two teens were killed on August 1, helped piece together the details.

Hazelwood goes before the grand jury tomorrow at 9:30 AM in Fulton County

Anxiously waiting for any news. I know a plea deal would be less painful for the families, but I am very interested to know any additional details that were not shared during the preliminary hearing. This case is constantly on my mind and just looking at Jeffrey Hazelwood's picture gives me the creeps.

Today's the Grand Jury - anxiously awaiting any news.......

That's what I was thinking. I'm far from an expert as far as court proceedings go, but it looks like there could possibly be a plea deal.

That's what I was thinking. I'm far from an expert as far as court proceedings go, but it looks like there could possibly be a plea deal.

I'm not an expert either, but it seems like a good case for a plea. The perp is obviously in need of mental health care. I'm guessing his team is doing what they can to make sure he isn't put in a regular prison. He has confessed already so that would be used against him in court. A plea seems like a good guess about what is happening.

jmopinion

Thanks for the link AuburnTxTiger and war eagle!

It's a relief to know how fast they were able to track him down. Who knows what else he was capable of doing.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/hearing-indictment-delayed-for-roswell-murder-susp/nsTt4/

Indictment delayed for Roswell murder suspect Hazelwood

1:21 p.m. Friday, Sept. 9, 2016

The Fulton County grand jury will not yet hear the case against a 20-year-old man accused of killing two teenagers behind a Roswell Publix store.

Jeffrey Hazelwood’s case was initially slated for Friday’s grand jury, but was delayed, according to the District Attorney.
[…]

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/hearing-indictment-delayed-for-roswell-murder-susp/nsTt4/

Indictment delayed for Roswell murder suspect Hazelwood

1:21 p.m. Friday, Sept. 9, 2016

The Fulton County grand jury will not yet hear the case against a 20-year-old man accused of killing two teenagers behind a Roswell Publix store.

Jeffrey Hazelwood’s case was initially slated for Friday’s grand jury, but was delayed, according to the District Attorney.
[…]

"Georgia law requires that a person can remain jailed for up to 90 days before he or she must be granted bond or be indicted by a grand jury. Hazelwood’s attorneys have not requested bond, which means Hazelwood’s case must be presented to a grand jury before Nov. 1."

Quote from the link above.

Maybe they just needed more time to prepare or have all evaluations performed.

September 13, 2016
5:38 AM

Roswell police: Long hair and a silver SUV gave away Publix murder suspect

080616-jeffrey-hazelwood-5--1-.jpg

<SNIP>

Roswell officers watched the home until the early morning hours of Aug. 3, when Hazelwood left in his SUV and drove to a gas station. It was there that he was taken into custody, barely 48 hours after the killings, according to police.

In affidavits filed last week in Cobb, Roswell investigators detailed why they intended to search Hazelwood’s SUV and his girlfriend’s home. But no documents have been filed revealing what was found during the searches. Similar documents have not yet been filed for searches done in Fulton, including at Hazelwood’s grandparents’ home.

At his probable cause hearing Aug. 19, a detective testified that during hours of interviews, Hazelwood detailed his actions when he allegedly killed Henderson and Davis. But he offered no motive, and it’s not known whether Hazelwood knew either of the victims.

<SNIP>

Hazelwood’s attorneys have not requested bond, which means Hazelwood’s case must be presented to a grand jury before Nov. 1.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/how-roswell-police-identified-the-suspect-in-a-dou/nsXK9/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jameshoots
Back