GUILTY GA - Natalie Henderson, 17, & Carter Davis, 17, murdered, 1 Aug 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was there in the parking lot, and said he watched the cars go in behind the shopping center, he said he was curious and went around to see, he then hid behind an electrical box and watched, he then climbed on the roof from the electrical box to get a better look. He exited the roof and approached Natalie's SUV and ordered them to get out. It's all here in the links. There is nothing that says anything about waffle house other then what was brought in early on that Carter worked/had worked there. There are lots of rumors out there that are best left at the door, gotta be careful what to take as truth. jmo dik

Actually during the hearing Detective Bennett testified that JH had been at Waffle House earlier that evening.

Two corrections to my original post:

The app is called smack chat
The app had an update *that* basically said

For those that don't know what this is:

It's Smack High.

It's where high schoolers talk "smack" about other high schools and then they can chat with others in group chats as well. If you look at their Twitter page (the one here for Ga is @SmackHighGA ) you'll get an idea about what it is. They also have a Snapchat page for Smack High.

NH was a "Rep" for the app.
http://smackhigh.us11.list-manage.c...Clicks Posts from Email #1 in Rep Auto Series

For those that don't know what this is:

It's Smack High.

It's where high schoolers talk "smack" about other high schools and then they can chat with others in group chats as well. If you look at their Twitter page (the one here for Ga is @SmackHighGA ) you'll get an idea about what it is. They also have a Snapchat page for Smack High.

NH was a "Rep" for the app.
http://smackhigh.us11.list-manage.c...Clicks Posts from Email #1 in Rep Auto Series

Yes Smack a Chat app by Smack High

Thank you for explanation

So, the insanity defense will not work here. You have to NOT be aware that what you were doing was wrong to plead insanity. He CLEARLY knew it was wrong - I think there is a lot showing he knew..... Maybe "guilty but mentally ill" like Hemy Neuman, but not insanity.

In total agreement JB225!

jmo :moo:

I just looked at the app like you did and, yeah, too much of a coincidence that the company updated the app to get rid of public chats on August 4th.....Right?? Too much of a liability/safety issue - especially when it is geared towards minors mostly. Child predators could just join any chat and pretend to be high schoolers too.

(Edited date to be Aug. 4th)
Added: Oops - forgot to quote - Moonhill :)

With all the media mentions about NH being a rep and law enforcement looking into social media playing a role .... I wonder too if they were in a public Smack High chat. Doubt they would have mentioned "let's go make out behind Publix" on a public chat, but maybe there was a public group chat about people meeting up somewhere (say, Waffle House maybe). Maybe that's how JH ended up at Waffle House (yes, the detective said JH was there that night, and I'm sure she has proof). Just an idea.

One girl that was interviewed on the news said NH had worked with her as a lifeguard that day. To have the energy of a teenager again.....and the fun of a new relationship....Their lives were just beginning. I just want to know WHY. I mean, if I were a billionaire, I would go buy people the meds they need if they can't afford it. It's that important if they are that sick. Ugh.

(Assuming this is part of the reason he wasn't taking them. No regular job? No money? No health insurance? No meds.... Maybe he just didn't want to take them - I don't know - but in general this problem has to be fixed somehow).

I just looked at the app like you did and, yeah, too much of a coincidence that the company updated the app to get rid of public chats on August 2nd. Right?? Too much of a liability/safety issue - especially when it is geared towards minors mostly. Child predators could just join any chat and pretend to be high schoolers too.

Added: Oops - forgot to quote - Moonhill :)

With all the media mentions about NH being a rep and law enforcement looking into social media playing a role .... I wonder too if they were in a public Smack High chat. Doubt they would have mentioned "let's go make out behind Publix" on a public chat, but maybe there was a public group chat about people meeting up somewhere (say, Waffle House maybe). Maybe that's how JH ended up at Waffle House (yes, the detective said JH was there that night, and I'm sure she has proof). Just an idea.

One girl that was interviewed on the news said NH had worked with her as a lifeguard that day. To have the energy of a teenager again.....and the fun of a new relationship....Their lives were just beginning. I just want to know WHY. I mean, if I were a billionaire, I would go buy people the meds they need if they can't afford it. It's that important if they are that sick. Ugh.

My thoughts as well. Just to clarify, app was updated to eliminate anonymous participants on August 4 (three days after crime)

My thoughts as well. Just to clarify, app was updated to eliminate anonymous participants on August 4 (three days after crime)

Yes, thanks! I was looking at the version # 2.2.0 and got the date wrong. Even more obvious that's why they did that - they had a few days to be contacted by law enforcement and their legal counsel probably said get that public chat disabled.....

Actually during the hearing Detective Bennett testified that JH had been at Waffle House earlier that evening.

If you could direct me to that it would be great, I just listened again to probable cause hearing and didn't catch that part. Maybe I am watching/listening to the wrong one.

If you could direct me to that it would be great, I just listened again to probable cause hearing and didn't catch that part. Maybe I am watching/listening to the wrong one.

https://youtu.be/Dq2SuT7C8no

Start at about 26:00.

Detective Bennett is asked if she knows where JH was before the incident that night. She states that JH gave her a couple of different stories, but that she KNOWS he was at a Waffle House in Cobb County.

https://youtu.be/Dq2SuT7C8no

Start at about 26:00.

Detective Bennett is asked if she knows where JH was before the incident that night. She states that JH gave her a couple of different stories, but that she KNOWS he was at a Waffle House in Cobb County.

Thank you very much. So he was seen at waffle house but Detective Bennett didn't say that Natalie and Carter were there as well, With both their parents saying that they thought the two were home in bed I personally don't think they were at that waffle house. I know if I was out in the wee hours to meet someone (romantic interest) I wouldn't be out and about were someone that knows me would see me. jmo I also heard Detective Bennett say that the connection was not personal but that JH knew someone that Carter went to school with, which makes sense that people would know people, reminds me of six degrees of separation.

He was there in the parking lot, and said he watched the cars go in behind the shopping center, he said he was curious and went around to see, he then hid behind an electrical box and watched, he then climbed on the roof from the electrical box to get a better look. He exited the roof and approached Natalie's SUV and ordered them to get out. It's all here in the links. There is nothing that says anything about waffle house other then what was brought in early on that Carter worked/had worked there. There are lots of rumors out there that are best left at the door, gotta be careful what to take as truth. jmo dik

I understand nothing was said about them being on camera at WH, which I stated earlier. I believe that maybe they are omitting that from the testimony the detective gave to be used later... this was all in reference to the fact we do not know everything that happened yet, so it was just speculation and a theory

Thank you very much. So he was seen at waffle house but Detective Bennett didn't say that Natalie and Carter were there as well, With both their parents saying that they thought the two were home in bed I personally don't think they were at that waffle house. I know if I was out in the wee hours to meet someone (romantic interest) I wouldn't be out and about were someone that knows me would see me. jmo I also heard Detective Bennett say that the connection was not personal but that JH knew someone that Carter went to school with, which makes sense that people would know people, reminds me of six degrees of separation.

I, personally, think they were at Waffle House. JMO. There was a friend of Carter's who said he had left earlier in the evening and told his mom he was going to eat. That may or may not be true. But, CD used to work at a Waffle House in the area (presumably that one). That still does not mean anything.

BUT, I think there is a reason the detective knows JH was at THAT Waffle House that night. I do not think JH told her that. It sounded like she "knows" that from investigating. Logically thinking, I am guessing that looking through their phones and texts, the detectives figured out NH and CD were at the Waffle House that night. Therefore, the detectives went and interviewed everyone that was working there that night. This is in another county (just a few miles, but there is no other reason, I believe, they would have been led there to interview people). I believe they then found out that not only were NH and CD there, but JH was there as well. THEN they probably pulled the surveillance videos from Waffle House.

To me, it looked like JH was baffled when the detective said he knew someone who knew Carter. Anyone else catch that. It was like he was curious who that person would be - and was just then in the courtroom realizing that he and Carter had a mutual acquaintance.

I do think the Waffle House was the connection point for what happened later in the evening.

jmopinion

I, personally, think they were at Waffle House. JMO. There was a friend of Carter's who said he had left earlier in the evening and told his mom he was going to eat. That may or may not be true. But, CD used to work at a Waffle House in the area (presumably that one). That still does not mean anything.

BUT, I think there is a reason the detective knows JH was at THAT Waffle House that night. I do not think JH told her that. It sounded like she "knows" that from investigating. Logically thinking, I am guessing that looking through their phones and texts, the detectives figured out NH and CD were at the Waffle House that night. Therefore, the detectives went and interviewed everyone that was working there that night. This is in another county (just a few miles, but there is no other reason, I believe, they would have been led there to interview people). I believe they then found out that not only were NH and CD there, but JH was there as well. THEN they probably pulled the surveillance videos from Waffle House.
I agree. Someone mentioned earlier that perhaps NH and CD didn't "sneak out", but simply stayed out late without the parents being aware. As a parent of a driving teenager, I fell asleep on occasion waiting on him to come home - not the norm, but it did happen.

To me, it looked like JH was baffled when the detective said he knew someone who knew Carter. Anyone else catch that. It was like he was curious who that person would be - and was just then in the courtroom realizing that he and Carter had a mutual acquaintance.

I do think the Waffle House was the connection point for what happened later in the evening.

jmopinion

Yes! I did notice he looked baffled, too. I do not think he even realized that before they said it.

Agreed - I will believe it all started at Waffle House that night (or Waffle House is a major part of the equation), until there is solid proof I am wrong :)

I get what you are saying with what is known, but I am not in agreement with Natalie and Carter being there.

I agree. Someone mentioned earlier that perhaps NH and CD didn't "sneak out", but simply stayed out late without the parents being aware. As a parent of a driving teenager, I fell asleep on occasion waiting on him to come home - not the norm, but it did happen.

Yep...... or I think at least CD did not sneak out. I think his parents just went to sleep assuming he would be home on time. I know my parents did not always wait up for my brothers (for me they did - ugh)......

BTW: This is hearsay - they might have snuck out - no one has specified, at this point....

I don't know exactly where Carter lived, but he went to River Ridge HS. The quickest way for him to get from the RRHS area to Publix is to go straight across Highway 92. On this route he would pass right by the Waffle House. It's not too big of a stretch to think he might have stopped there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 10.31.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 10.31.30 AM.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 40
I don't know exactly where Carter lived, but he went to River Ridge HS. The quickest way for him to get from the RRHS area to Publix is to go straight across Highway 92. On this route he would pass right by the Waffle House. It's not too big of a stretch to think he might have stopped there.

Exactly - need to figure out if he worked there for real, and if it was that location he worked at. It's been said JH was a regular there and CD worked there. I think, at the least, CD and JH were there that night. NH - maybe, maybe not. The other 2, I really think so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northsearch
Back