GUILTY GA - Natalie Henderson, 17, & Carter Davis, 17, murdered, 1 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have always thought he saw them at Waffle House, and that is what I am sticking to until I am proven otherwise. :loser:

As for the confusing timing... Maybe it (JH's car) "arrived in the parking lot prior to the victims" and kind of drove around looking..... BUT did not actually PARK until he saw them go around back - parked, got out and ran back there..... Just a thought?

Edited to add: Just thought of something else - this could go well with your King Road entrance theory. JH maybe ALSO came in from King (this would be the most logical entrance, since the high school is right there - they definitely know that entrance is there and are familiar with it). There's a clearing in the woods that I have heard teens "hang out" at and smoke after/before school. Maybe they were headed there and realized they could be seen from the road there and kept going further back. Anyway, So JH arrived from King Rd. before them.... drove around the lot looking around, waiting for them to arrive. JH saw them pull in from King, went to the OTHER side of the parking lot and parked - thinking they definitely would not see him sneaking up on them from there..... make sense?

Yes, I was also thinking what if JH came in by King Road. There is a small parking area in the very back of the Publix lot on King Road, that I don't believe would be visible by surveillance. From that spot, the grass mound isn't blocking the view and you can definitely see who would be going in. So JH could have waited there until he saw them coming in, then moved his car to the front of the Publix lot, into camera view, making it look like he first arrived at that time. Then he could have walked around the building on the 92 side. But that throws off Bennett's timeline a little, since she said he was seen parked there prior, just after 3:00.

Bennett said something else confusing. She said he parked in the Publix parking lot, making it sound like he was closest to Publix of all the other stores. But then another time she said he parked on the "side" of the building. There's no side parking on the 92 side. The building is right against the highway. The other "side" of the shopping center is on King Road next to other stores, not Publix. So I don't know what she meant by this?

Here's another theory that could fit Bennett's timeline. JH parked in the front Publix lot just after 3:00, in camera view. Then got out on foot and waited on the side of the building until he saw them driving in, then walked behind the store where he would have been on camera again. That could fill up all those missing minutes without him being seen or moving his car. There's no cameras on the ends of the shopping center on either end. Bennett said after JH is seen parked, that there is "movement" around the vehicle and you don't see him again until he is behind the Publix on foot. She was not clear where he was during the waiting minutes, so this could be a possibility, that he was parked and then waiting for them on foot.

Also there is the orange fence area that was set up in the Publix parking lot on August 3. I don't know why it was there, but it could have been to mark off where JH had been parked. That's why I have been picturing him parked there this whole time but I could be wrong about what the orange fence was for.

Yes, I was also thinking what if JH came in by King Road. There is a small parking area in the very back of the Publix lot on King Road, that I don't believe would be visible by surveillance. From that spot, the grass mound isn't blocking the view and you can definitely see who would be going in. So JH could have waited there until he saw them coming in, then moved his car to the front of the Publix lot, into camera view, making it look like he first arrived at that time. Then he could have walked around the building on the 92 side. But that throws off Bennett's timeline a little, since she said he was seen parked there prior, just after 3:00.

Bennett said something else confusing. She said he parked in the Publix parking lot, making it sound like he was closest to Publix of all the other stores. But then another time she said he parked on the "side" of the building. There's no side parking on the 92 side. The building is right against the highway. The other "side" of the shopping center is on King Road next to other stores, not Publix. So I don't know what she meant by this?

Here's another theory that could fit Bennett's timeline. JH parked in the front Publix lot just after 3:00, in camera view. Then got out on foot and waited on the side of the building until he saw them driving in, then walked behind the store where he would have been on camera again. That could fill up all those missing minutes without him being seen or moving his car. There's no cameras on the ends of the shopping center on either end. Bennett said after JH is seen parked, that there is "movement" around the vehicle and you don't see him again until he is behind the Publix on foot. She was not clear where he was during the waiting minutes, so this could be a possibility, that he was parked and then waiting for them on foot.

Also there is the orange fence area that was set up in the Publix parking lot on August 3. I don't know why it was there, but it could have been to mark off where JH had been parked. That's why I have been picturing him parked there this whole time but I could be wrong about what the orange fence was for.

That makes sense too. I, also, thought that was what the fence was there for. Because they would have needed to preserve any evidence, etc. take photos, etc. - and they would not have known that was his parking spot until after looking through all the surveillance videos or speaking with him after the arrest.....they do use the bright orange colored stuff (for accident reconstructions, too) because it is clearly seen in photos (if there's a trial, etc.). I think she was saying "side" because it is kind of off-center from Publix - like, not right in front?? I'm guessing they can see movement at the car from the stand alone banks, etc. that are there. There are lots of trees, but they could see "movement"... ?

That makes sense too. I, also, thought that was what the fence was there for. Because they would have needed to preserve any evidence, etc. take photos, etc. I think she was saying "side" because it is kind of off-center from Publix - like, not right in front??

Yeah to the side of the store lot makes more sense. When I drove behind the store, there was no fencing or tape up at all, but the paving trucks had just been on the murder spot so they probably had to clear everything out of the way. They were already done with the front lot so maybe they put the orange fencing back.

Yeah to the side of the store lot makes more sense. When I drove behind the store, there was no fencing or tape up at all, but the paving trucks had just been on the murder spot so they probably had to clear everything out of the way. They were already done with the front lot so maybe they put the orange fencing back.

Yep - and the orange fencing probably didn't even go up until about the 3rd - after they spoke with him that morning when they arrested him and after looking through all the surveillance videos. They would not have even known about that spot until about the 3rd....

So, the insanity defense will not work here. You have to NOT be aware that what you were doing was wrong to plead insanity. He CLEARLY knew it was wrong - I think there is a lot showing he knew..... Maybe "guilty but mentally ill" like Hemy Neuman, but not insanity.

So, the insanity defense will not work here. You have to NOT be aware that what you were doing was wrong to plead insanity. He CLEARLY knew it was wrong - I think there is a lot showing he knew..... Maybe "guilty but mentally ill" like Hemy Neuman, but not insanity.

I don't think it will work either, but that's not going to stop his lawyers from trying.

Here's a map of the scene and what might have happened. Grr the upload made it really low res but I hope you can see everything.

Attachments

• map-------.jpg
    map-------.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 54
I missed it. Why did his grandparents kick him out?

I missed it. Why did his grandparents kick him out?

I don't think a specific reason was shared, but they had been afraid of him. He was an adult, they had done their best, and it was time for him to move out. I don't get the impression it was a specific incident as they did give him notice - he had until August 1 to move out - rather than being told he had to get our immediately.

My guess is that he was extremely difficult to live with, and the grandparents had done what they could while he was a minor, but he was an adult and they realized they could do no more for him.

jmo

Among the items later found in Hazelwood's car were the mask and a 9mm gun. Bennett said Hazelwood had been living with his grandparents and they kicked him out of the house, saying he had to be out by August 1, which was the day of the murders. Bennett said Hazelwood's grandparents described being afraid of their grandson for a long time and said he had stolen guns from them and expressed suicidal and homicidal thoughts.

bbm

http://www.fox19.com/story/32795877...dmitted-he-killed-teens-behind-roswell-publix

I think its simple, and I have been over thinking it for too long. I think the fact that it was Aug 1, the day Jeff had to be out of his grandparents explains everything. I think he was in an extremely fragile mind state probably having an episode. He had zero plans on where to go that night and was probably planning on just sleeping in his car. I think he was at the wafffle house, drawing or writing about his sick depraved fantasies. When the teens arrived their it perked his interest. His mind went from angry and depressed with no direction, to focusing it soley on them. Since he had no plans he probably decided then that he was going to see what they were doing with the rest of their night. He probably sat in his car as the teens were still inside waffle house, then followed them to see where they were headed. As they pulled into the publix he saw them go around back, which is an obvious indicator they were going to fool around. He became extremely curious and had a manic episode. Parked his car around front so they would not see him, then followed them on foot. I think he watched from afar at first, then went back and got his gun I do not think this was pre meditated but more in a sense of he got the gun and did not plan to kill them, but also was not going to rule that out. He then approached the car, was confronted by an athlete would have kicked his butt, and panicked. He killed the male teen first, then did not know what to do. I think for the first time in his life he had complete power over a girl he found attractive. This would explain his odd behaviour in what he did to her, he had no plan of what to do. This was not sexually motivated, more fantasy motivated in his physcotic brain. After killing the male, his adrenaline kicked in, sexual peak was aroused and in his head he had no other option but to shoot her. I think it is probably a blur for him from there, going to the gas station to fill up an empty can, I think he was planning on burning the bodies but last second changed his mind. But i do believe burning the bodies was his ultimate plan after killing them and got scared that he was being in the area to long and decided to leave. This would explain the shaking in court. The realization of what he did mixing with his mental illnesses. In no way do i believe that insanity is a viable option here. I do believe the system failed him, if he and his family tried to obtain medication but could not afford it, those details will come out from the defense for sure. But he knew what he was doing, he knew to cover his identity with a mask at the gas station. Those in the past with mental illness that kill, do so in an unpredictable and usually horrific messy crime scene. They usually black out and go into a fit of rage. These murders took time, he was coherent through it all. Terrible tragedy that has been said a million times, I feel so sorry for NH as she had to witness him get shot, and know her outcome. Jeffrey was also probably going through a rough time with his GF and literally had zero stability for him at the time, and in his mind nothing to lose or live for. I pray that he gets found guilty so the families get the closure they need and the justice they deserve. I also hope that since he is a diagnosed mentally ill person, he gets the medications he needs while serving his life sentences. Hopefully some good can come from this terrible tragedy and awareness for mental diseases is taken more seriously, and the advocation for help and ability to for them to get meds is addressed.

I don't know - IMO he did probably have somewhere to sleep that night. He was supposedly staying with his girlfriend. Sure they could have fought, but who knows. Also, they said he had to be out by Aug. 1st. Aug. 1st was Monday. Technically he killed them on Aug. 1st, but that night was July 31st, and, technically, he was allowed to sleep at the grandparents' house that night? I don't know. Just thinking. He was also always taking pictures in nature/outdoors and was into survival stuff (looking at his Facebook page). I would think, at the least, he would feel perfectly comfortable camping somewhere. He and his girlfriend were also wearing visible wedding rings. I think he would be allowed to sleep at her house...... ? They also observed him at her house when they were watching him before he was arrested. I am not buying the "feeling desperate" because he was now homeless thing..... I don't know..just my opinion. I think this is something that was a fantasy of his (assassination) and had been festering for a long time until it blew up..... I am curious to find out exactly WHAT put him over the edge that night. I still think something happened at Waffle House (lol).....

I agree.... I am sorry if I gave the impression of him "feeling desperate" is what made him do it. That was not the point I was trying to make. But, when you have depression, it does not take much to set you off. I am just saying all the variables that were going on in his life grew into fruition at the absolute perfectly wrong moment.... I could be wrong here , but my gut reaction was that he was jsut observing them from afar at the waffle house. But now that you mention that it could very well be that maybe he said something to them, or they picked on him for something and that is what prompted him to bring the gun. He knew he could not take CD one on one. Very interesting, and I think there is probably some surveilance at the waffle house which was not mentioned during the testimony for a reason... the defense knew he was on tape, and the prosecution knows... So was it spur of the moment and follow them because he was having an episode? or something happened at WH and the shootings stemmed from there?

I think if he had somewhere to sleep that night, he wouldn't have been out till that time in the morning.

I agree.... I am sorry if I gave the impression of him "feeling desperate" is what made him do it. That was not the point I was trying to make. But, when you have depression, it does not take much to set you off. I am just saying all the variables that were going on in his life grew into fruition at the absolute perfectly wrong moment.... I could be wrong here , but my gut reaction was that he was jsut observing them from afar at the waffle house. But now that you mention that it could very well be that maybe he said something to them, or they picked on him for something and that is what prompted him to bring the gun. He knew he could not take CD one on one. Very interesting, and I think there is probably some surveilance at the waffle house which was not mentioned during the testimony for a reason... the defense knew he was on tape, and the prosecution knows... So was it spur of the moment and follow them because he was having an episode? or something happened at WH and the shootings stemmed from there?

Oh gosh - no reason to be sorry! I think we are all just brainstorming here and "thinking out loud". :) Welcome, by the way!

We had discussed, earlier, that maybe him feeling desperate (as in about to be homeless, no real direction in life, etc.) might have set him off - I was just saying that I, personally, do not think that set him off.

I am positive the detectives know a TON more than they are saying or even letting on at the moment. That hearing was ONLY to show probable cause to go in front of the grand jury, so they are going to keep some information private until trial. What really sucks is that grand jury proceedings are not open to the public/are kept private.... so we might be waiting even longer for any answers.....ugh

I think if he had somewhere to sleep that night, he wouldn't have been out till that time in the morning.

That was my initial point... that is what i am trying to analyze was he just out aimlessly and became fascinated WH? Or did an incident occur at WH? I think his grandparents were pretty firm on him being out that day and he was pretty pissed since he started packing his stuff way earlier in the month. I dont think he planned on going back to his grandparents, and well, after you kill two people you are not going to just be near the area in your car which is why he would go back to his grandparents at that point was his only choice.

Oh gosh - no reason to be sorry! I think we are all just brainstorming here and "thinking out loud". :) Welcome, by the way!

I am positive the detectives know a TON more than they are saying or even letting on at the moment. That hearing was ONLY to show probable cause to go in front of the grand jury, so they are going to keep some information private until trial. What really sucks is that grand jury proceedings are not open to the public/are kept private.... so we might be waiting even longer for any answers.....ugh

Thank for the welcome... I do not think there is any doubt that more information is not made public. They can absolutely with definitiveness prove exactly what happened, why it happened, and how it happened... We may never know the details if they settle. If it goes to trial Jeffrey faces the death penalty, and will try to plead insanity... So there is risk on both sides, they could choose to plead guilty to avoid death penalty, and in return that stops him from pleading insanity and potentially having it sway a different way. The family is going to want justice, I do not think they will ever let there be a chance he could walk, or not get the time he deserves. So if no trial by pleading guilty means life behind bars, and they do not risk having it go a diff way i think they take it. But this just depends on what hard evidence is on tape not just speculation and assumptions. But if no trial, no details for us.

He was staying at his girlfriend's where he was seen leaving from August 3rd at 5 am. He could have either been living there, or just temporarily crashing. It doesn't seem like he had absolutely nowhere to go, but that doesn't mean that he didn't feel abandoned by his grandparents. I see how getting kicked out could have been a factor in him snapping. If he wasn't mad about being kicked out specifically, the change in routine could have caused a change in thinking pattern and an opportunity to do something drastic he hadn't done before.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl
Back