GUILTY GA - Natalie Henderson, 17, & Carter Davis, 17, murdered, 1 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was staying at his girlfriend's where he was seen leaving from August 3rd at 5 am. He could have either been living there, or just temporarily crashing. It doesn't seem like he had absolutely nowhere to go, but that doesn't mean that he didn't feel abandoned by his grandparents. I see how getting kicked out could have been a factor in him snapping. If he wasn't mad about being kicked out specifically, the change in routine could have caused a change in thinking pattern and an opportunity to do something drastic he hadn't done before.

I'm also wondering if his girlfriend's parents said he couldn't stay there. Even if his girlfriend liked him, her parents probably did not (guessing), and they might not have approved of a boyfriend living under their roof.

Maybe that's why they "married"?

jmo

He was staying at his girlfriend's where he was seen leaving from August 3rd at 5 am. He could have either been living there, or just temporarily crashing. It doesn't seem like he had absolutely nowhere to go, but that doesn't mean that he didn't feel abandoned by his grandparents. I see how getting kicked out could have been a factor in him snapping. If he wasn't mad about being kicked out specifically, the change in routine could have caused a change in thinking pattern and an opportunity to do something drastic he hadn't done before.

Exactly. The prosecution claimed that he slept the night at his grandparents the night of the killing. Which shows he was out late and clearly not planning on sleeping at his GF or else he would have just went there.

Good point - the change in routine, change in general. Probably not good for a mentally ill person off their meds. Feeling abandoned, unwanted, or whatever. Probably a perfect storm of everything going on with him just led to this..... maybe feeling that way and then maybe something did occur at the Waffle House and that was the last straw.

Exactly. The prosecution claimed that he slept the night at his grandparents the night of the killing. Which shows he was out late and clearly not planning on sleeping at his GF or else he would have just went there.

Actually, Detective Bennett said he told her that after the murders he snuck into his grandparents house. She was not sure if it was before or after the gas station. Never said he slept there. I think he went to clean himself up and maybe even grab that mask or something.....

Good point - the change in routine, change in general. Probably not good for a mentally ill person off their meds. Feeling abandoned, unwanted, or whatever. Probably a perfect storm of everything going on with him just led to this.....

Imagine if he had grandparents who gave him a curfew or were checking on him every night. All of a sudden he doesn't have that and he's sitting bored at the Waffle House with no rules, no medications, a stolen gun. Yeah it was a perfect storm.

It's my opinion that he was at the publix lot when they arrived, I think he was there to sleep and was awake when they pulled in. I think that was why LE asked the public if his vehicle was seen under suspicious circumstances. The classmate from the Alternative Youth Academy in Roswell that they attended is for wayward/troubled youth, so this student saying that JH was not normal and feeling strange when you stood next to him speaks volumes to me coming from a troubled/wayward youth himself. jmo

“He admitted when he originally saw the vehicle, he became curious as to why they were going behind the Publix so he followed them back there," said Bennett.

http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/sto...illed-teens-behind-roswell-publix?config=H264

He has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, aspergers, bi polar, and sensory something? (at the video in the link) per his defense attorney. Go to 1:55 in the video

The above link has lots of info on the grandparents and they did to try and help and raise him the best they could.

But court documents and years-old Roswell police reports suggest that Hazelwood’s childhood was marked by behavior problems, disobedience and disputes between his mother and the grandparents who raised him.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/double-murder-suspects-childhood-marked-by-court-f/nsDqG/

A former schoolmate at the former Alternative Youth Academy in Roswell told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Hazelwood "just didn't seem normal."

"You could feel he was strange when you stood next to him," Julio Avendaño, 21, told the paper.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia...bizarre-court-natalie-henderson-carter-davis/

Thursday, Roswell police released a photo of Hazelwood's silver Honda Passport SUV, asking anyone who has seen the vehicle to contact them. Specifically, they wanted to know if anyone had seen it under "suspicious circumstances," reports CBS Atlanta.

That would be really, really bad luck if they arrived at the same time coincidentally! Yikes!

Since the detective said he pulled into the parking lot shortly before they arrived and did not actually park until after they arrived....

Thank for the welcome... I do not think there is any doubt that more information is not made public. They can absolutely with definitiveness prove exactly what happened, why it happened, and how it happened... We may never know the details if they settle. If it goes to trial Jeffrey faces the death penalty, and will try to plead insanity... So there is risk on both sides, they could choose to plead guilty to avoid death penalty, and in return that stops him from pleading insanity and potentially having it sway a different way. The family is going to want justice, I do not think they will ever let there be a chance he could walk, or not get the time he deserves. So if no trial by pleading guilty means life behind bars, and they do not risk having it go a diff way i think they take it. But this just depends on what hard evidence is on tape not just speculation and assumptions. But if no trial, no details for us.

I'm probably in the minority but I think there is a better than average chance of an insanity defense working. I say this because there is likely extensive medical evidence of mental illness. By its very definition, people with schizophrenia lose touch with some parts of reality and have difficulty distinguishing between what is real and what is imaginary. It isn't far fetched to think he was playing the role of an assassin that night. Both sides will have mental experts evaluate him. I'll be very surprised if there is a disagreement about his mental state. I think for this reason the death penalty is off the table.

Nothing will bring these teenagers back. The state has an interest in keeping JH from ever hurting someone again. I think there will be discussions with the parents and ultimately if a plea deal can be worked out where JH is never let out in public again they will agree to it. He will live out his days in the state prison hospital and receive treatment.

I'm not familiar with legal psychiatric issues so I read this page. What stood out to me was that a person cannot claim insanity if they are "able to control a mental disorder through medication but fail to do so."

I think they will have to prove that he did not know what he was doing, and that he did not plan any of it, for the insanity defense to work, even with his extensive mental problems. He doesn't get a pass just by proving he has mental problems.

In favor of insanity defense are things like the English accent, the shaking, the multiple personalities (Matt) - assuming all of this was legit and not an act. Not in favor of insanity are that he wrote about being an assassin, that he stole a gun previously to the murder, and followed the kids across town. Did he know what he was doing was wrong? I believe he did, since he fled, and tried, however clumsily, to avoid detection.

Either way, I agree that the most important thing is that he is never let out again, no matter where he is held. We sometimes see something like the attempted assassin of Ronald Reagan getting released. I hope they can guarantee that Jeffrey would never be let out.

I'm not familiar with legal psychiatric issues so I read this page. What stood out to me was that a person cannot claim insanity if they are "able to control a mental disorder through medication but fail to do so."

I think they will have to prove that he did not know what he was doing, and that he did not plan any of it, for the insanity defense to work, even with his extensive mental problems. He doesn't get a pass just by proving he has mental problems.

In favor of insanity defense are things like the English accent, the shaking, the multiple personalities (Matt) - assuming all of this was legit and not an act. Not in favor of insanity are that he wrote about being an assassin, that he stole a gun previously to the murder, and followed the kids across town. Did he know what he was doing was wrong? I believe he did, since he fled, and tried, however clumsily, to avoid detection.

Either way, I agree that the most important thing is that he is never let out again, no matter where he is held. We sometimes see something like the attempted assassin of Ronald Reagan getting released. I hope they can guarantee that Jeffrey would never be let out.

In GA we have "guilty but mentally ill" - for felonies. This ensures they receive the proper treatment and are in the proper facility. He has schizophrenia (among his other illnesses) and probably did have a psychotic episode that night. I fully believe he is very ill and maybe was not in full reality when he did this. Especially off his meds. Definitely. There's no denying that. He has a long history of mental illness. I do not think he is faking that at all. The insanity defense will not work here (IMO) for the reasons you mentioned. I DO think if he pleads mentally ill, he could be given a life sentence in a proper facility. I do not think this guy will ever be among us again..... way too many serious charges and way too mentally ill.

Here's the statute....

http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-17/chapter-7/article-6/part-2/17-7-131

That's not the exact statute I meant to link (this one is about proceedings not definitions really, but I'm driving now.... )

He will never be walking in society again... I just think the chance of him becoming "curious" is a open ended statement made purposely by the detective... he could have became curious at the WH which they have his car on camera in the parking lot following them... Her words were very well worded in order for damning evidence to back it up. There is no chance he just saw those cars and spied, and then moved closer to spy... he knew who drove those cars and why they were going there... WH has more details IMO that were left out of testimony intentionally... EDIT: I know he told her he became curious so it was his words, but she never specified at which location started him to become curious.

im not exactly sure how insanity works in GA. in CA it is called "unable to assist in defense" and you most certainly do not "get off" on it. you are sent to the state hospital (which is exactly like prison except full of mentally ill ppl) and medicated until you are deemed fit. then you are returned to your county of offense for court. if you then refuse your meds and become "unable to assist in defense" again, you are returned to the state hospital. this goes on over and over again until you are tried or plead..

im not exactly sure how insanity works in GA. in CA it is called "unable to assist in defense" and you most certainly do not "get off" on it. you are sent to the state hospital (which is exactly like prison except full of mentally ill ppl) and medicated until you are deemed fit. then you are returned to your county of offense for court. if you then refuse your meds and become "unable to assist in defense" again, you are returned to the state hospital. this goes on over and over again until you are tried or plead..

Basically the same here in Ga. Link above helps explain. Pleading insanity doesn't mean they send you home. Most likely you're in a mental institution the rest of your life. JH is done either way with normal society.

I was just analyzing his attys really.

Don't recall if this was discussed previously but here's what I am wondering Early on the Smack Chat app was mentioned by LE And IIRC it might have been mentioned in theIr identification of JH. The app had an update on August 4 that basically said " you spoke we listened .... When that annoying "rando" would join your chat and ruin all the fun .... We fixed it by getting rid of .... You control your squad and who gets in"

I am wondering what role if any this app might have played in JH being there behind the Publix at the same time. Was he privy to a conversation the 2 teens had on that app? Perhaps anonymously? Was he stalking them online? Is it simply a coincidence that those updates were made 3 days after the crime? IDK. Would be interested to hear others views re this and possible connection

Don't recall if this was discussed previously but here's what I am wondering Early on the smack shack app was mentioned by LE And IIRC it might have been mentioned in theIr identification of JH. The app had an update on August 4 but basically said " you spoke we listened .... When that annoying "rando" would join your chat and ruin all the fun .... We fixed it by getting rid of .... You control your squad and who gets in"

I am wondering what role if any this app might have played in JH being there behind the Publix at the same time. Was he privy to a conversation the 2 teens had on that app? Perhaps anonymously? Was he stalking them online? Is it simply a coincidence that those updates were made 3 days after the crime? IDK. Would be interested to hear others views re this and possible connection

Oh wow! That's interesting! I wonder too.

Don't recall if this was discussed previously but here's what I am wondering Early on the smack shack app was mentioned by LE And IIRC it might have been mentioned in theIr identification of JH. The app had an update on August 4 but basically said " you spoke we listened .... When that annoying "rando" would join your chat and ruin all the fun .... We fixed it by getting rid of .... You control your squad and who gets in"

I just looked up "rando" at Urban Dictionary. It means a "random person."

Just putting that out there in case anyone else didn't know what a "rando" was.

Two corrections to my original post:

The app is called smack chat
The app had an update *that* basically said

He will never be walking in society again... I just think the chance of him becoming "curious" is a open ended statement made purposely by the detective... he could have became curious at the WH which they have his car on camera in the parking lot following them... Her words were very well worded in order for damning evidence to back it up. There is no chance he just saw those cars and spied, and then moved closer to spy... he knew who drove those cars and why they were going there... WH has more details IMO that were left out of testimony intentionally... EDIT: I know he told her he became curious so it was his words, but she never specified at which location started him to become curious.

bbm, I must have missed that, do you have a link to his car being on surveillance in the waffle house parking lot.? First I heard this. TIA

He was there in the parking lot, and said he watched the cars go in behind the shopping center, he said he was curious and went around to see, he then hid behind an electrical box and watched, he then climbed on the roof from the electrical box to get a better look. He exited the roof and approached Natalie's SUV and ordered them to get out. It's all here in the links. There is nothing that says anything about waffle house other then what was brought in early on that Carter worked/had worked there. There are lots of rumors out there that are best left at the door, gotta be careful what to take as truth. jmo dik

There is nothing that says anything about waffle house other then what was brought in early on that Carter worked/had worked there. There are lots of rumors out there that are best left at the door, gotta be careful what to take as truth. jmo dik

There's at least one official mention of Waffle House from Detective Bennett at the hearing. When asked where Jeffrey was directly before the murders, she said he had been at "a Waffle House in Cobb County."

The rumors that haven't been confirmed are that Carter worked there and high schoolers had been hanging out there as a group the night of the murders.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleBiddle
Back