Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The boyfriend woke up, saw the child at 6am, the Mother woke up at some other time later, then reported the child missing at 9:39am I believe that the call came into 911”

They do not mention what the boyfriends story is though. But say the Parents are working with detectives.

The Babysitter received a text at 5:29am that she would not be needed that day then around 9am received a text asking if she had seen Quinton. So if she was giving accurate times, it took them about 40 minutes to call 911 to report him missing. Who did the text come from? Has Boyfriend talked to anyone? If he was up with Quinton at 6 I would think he was who the text came from at 5:29.

BBM
That sounds backwards. If he saw the baby at 6am, why is the sitter getting a text at 5:29??

Something isn't right.

Thanks for the video link, @SpicyFruit !
Around the 0:26 mark and following (it counts down), the grandma says , "...I... I don't know if I can trust her ..." ?
Wondering if that meant as in the general sense, or as in not sure if she (grandma) can trust what has been told to her ?
They were distraught and that was a hard video to watch. :(

I think the custody arrangements are important in this case, as Quinton went missing whilst in the care of those who did not have custody of him ?

Remember the babysitter said she was called/texted by the mom and boyfriend, around 5am-ish and told they wouldn't need her services that day ?
Was grandma expecting the babysitter to be there that day, until she or grandpa arrived back at the house ?

And thus Quinton, his brother and the new baby would be properly looked after, and the grands didn't have to worry ?

How odd that the sitter received a text later in the day, asking if she'd seen Quinton.
If she hadn't driven over that day to babysit ... well then of course she wouldn't have seen him !
M00.
Makes you wonder who sent the first message, and whether same person sent second message

Moo

I wonder if the boyfriend is able to access moms phone? (As in she may have a passcode so he can’t use it) maybe the boyfriend text the babysitter at 5.29 and then deleted the message so when mom woke up and he was missing the boyfriend said he saw him at 6 so she text the babysitter thinking maybe she’d taken him? MOO just throwing suggestions out

This is extremely telling to me. The babysitter called the grandmother to tell her Q is missing, not the mother of the child??!! Uuugghhh!

I get that there was tension (the pending eviction), but this was a very serious matter! Especially considering G-Ma has custody!!!

I do think the eviction notice could have been a catalyst to whatever occurred here. I really, really, really hope that the mother of little Q didn't try to get "even" with G-ma over the eviction. I am hoping that the search warrants are on cell phones / computers and that some information can be gleaned to find little Q.
bolding mine.
Maybe ?
Someone wasn't happy with the grandma having custody, and iirc, the older brother was also under g-ma's custody ?
Was g-ma trying to get custody of the new baby girl ?
Causing tension ?
Not at all g-ma's fault if she was trying to make sure her grands were safe !
M00.

I wonder if the boyfriend is able to access moms phone? (As in she may have a passcode so he can’t use it) maybe the boyfriend text the babysitter at 5.29 and then deleted the message so when mom woke up and he was missing the boyfriend said he saw him at 6 so she text the babysitter thinking maybe she’d taken him? MOO just throwing suggestions out

Was thinking along the same lines

bolding mine.
Maybe ?
Someone wasn't happy with the grandma having custody, and iirc, the older brother was also under g-ma's custody ?
Was g-ma trying to get custody of the new baby girl ?
Causing tension ?
Not at all g-ma's fault if she was trying to make sure her grands were safe !
M00.
I know you're speculating, but I'll say this, as it gives me a good jumping off point.

No.

“The boyfriend woke up, saw the child at 6am, the Mother woke up at some other time later, then reported the child missing at 9:39am I believe that the call came into 911”

They do not mention what the boyfriends story is though. But say the Parents are working with detectives.

The Babysitter received a text at 5:29am that she would not be needed that day then around 9am received a text asking if she had seen Quinton. So if she was giving accurate times, it took them about 40 minutes to call 911 to report him missing. Who did the text come from? Has Boyfriend talked to anyone? If he was up with Quinton at 6 I would think he was who the text came from at 5:29.

Ugh. Young mother with three kids, lost custody of two. Lives with boyfriend who isn't the child's father. Timeline off and suspicious. Circumstances suspicious. Grandparents out of the home temporarily. Mother says she thinks the bio father has child. What could go wrong?

IOW, like someone upthread already said, another case of "We were sleeping, woke up and kid was gone." How many times have we heard this story or a variation of it?

My hinky meter's beeping...

Thanks for the video link, @SpicyFruit !
Around the 0:26 mark and following (it counts down), the grandma says , "...I... I don't know if I can trust her ..." ?
Wondering if that meant as in the general sense, or as in not sure if she (grandma) can trust what has been told to her ?
They were distraught and that was a hard video to watch. :(

I think the custody arrangements are important in this case, as Quinton went missing whilst in the care of those who did not have custody of him ?

Remember the babysitter said she was called/texted by the mom and boyfriend, around 5am-ish and told they wouldn't need her services that day ?
Was grandma expecting the babysitter to be there that day, until she or grandpa arrived back at the house ?

And thus Quinton, his brother and the new baby would be properly looked after, and the grands didn't have to worry ?

How odd that the sitter received a text later in the day, asking if she'd seen Quinton.
If she hadn't driven over that day to babysit ... well then of course she wouldn't have seen him !
M00.
Pure speculation but I wonder if the text to the baby sitter canceling her services that morning came from the boyfriend, and then the text at 9 asking if she had seen the baby came from the Mom. Was boyfriend not there in the morning and Mom was wondering if he had taken just the baby to the babysitter?

Im glad they're searching everywhere but going house by house rather than searching specific locations makes me think unfortunately they don't have much to go on I hope I'm wrong.
Although I don't think they're looking for the poor baby's body, it's possible they're looking for clothes or baby albums/toys that were thrown away ?
Any clue no matter how insignificant.

Wondering if the dogs hit on anything ?
Let's say he wandered away (doubtful as he'd have been found by now, imo), there should be a scent trail to follow ?
M00.

Ugh. Young mother with three kids, lost custody of two. Lives with boyfriend who isn't the child's father. Timeline off and suspicious. Circumstances suspicious. Grandparents out of the home temporarily. Mother says she thinks the bio father has child. What could go wrong?

IOW, like someone upthread already said, another case of "We were sleeping, woke up and kid was gone." How many times have we heard this story or a variation of it?

My hinky meter's beeping...
bolding mine.
That the stepfather said this is what was relayed to him, is the most troubling of all.
Why say that ?
Why not just say, 'he wandered off while we were asleep', etc.?
M00.

Pure speculation but I wonder if the text to the baby sitter canceling her services that morning came from the boyfriend, and then the text at 9 asking if she had seen the baby came from the Mom. Was boyfriend not there in the morning and Mom was wondering if he had taken just the baby to the babysitter?
bolding mine.
Good point !

That sends my hinky meter down another rabbit hole.... :rolleyes:

I'd imagine LE have requested phone and vehicle data by now ?
To see where everyone was that morning ?
My .02.

Although I don't think they're looking for the poor baby's body, it's possible they're looking for clothes or baby albums/toys that were thrown away ?
Any clue no matter how insignificant.

Wondering if the dogs hit on anything ?
Let's say he wandered away (doubtful as he'd have been found by now, imo), there should be a scent trail to follow ?
M00.
It does look like they are covering all bases and just looking for anything.
Hopefully the dogs will be helpful I'm sure they would have got something from the house with a scent.
They neighbors have said the've seen him outside the house before so I would think someone would have seen him, but stranger things have happened.

bolding mine.
That the stepfather said this is what was relayed to him, is the most troubling of all.
Why say that ?
Why not just say, 'he wandered off while we were asleep', etc.?
M00.
Yeah, even if the mother's statement only meant that "maybe" the bio father took Q, why would that cross her mind, given the time frame? It reminds me of Evelyn Boswell's mother and her multiple stories of where Evelyn was. Doesn't make sense.

Upthread there was a Tweet that showed camera flashes going off upstairs in the house. I wish we knew where the bedrooms were and if the kids had their own room or shared with mom and bf.

In any case if the bedrooms are upstairs then it seems odd that mother would think the bio dad sneaked into the house and up the stairs with no one being the wiser. So whether she meant bio dad took Q or if she meant she had given Q to bio dad it all stinks IMO.

This was along the lines of my thinking. Text at around 5:30am saying nevermind, no babysitting needed (presumably for both boys) could easily have come from DY, the boyfriend. Then LS wakes again at 9 to not find Quinton in the pac n play. Was boyfriend home when she woke? Still wondering what had step grandpa out of town that day. Sounds like he was not out of state in IL with grandmother but some unknown elsewhere "out of town" that morning.

I wonder if that was something that was unanticipated when grandmother was traveling for work in IL. I suspect she thought with grandpa NOT out of state with her, that he could keep an eye on things at the house when the children were not being supervised by the babysitter.

I can't imagine how hard this is for the grandparents. that interview with them was heartbreaking to watch. You can see the concern Billie Jo has and the conflicting emotions, wanting to trust that her daughter is telling the truth but worried because of the water under the custodial bridge and previous unspecified bad behavior that her daughter may not be telling all she knows. Her pain as a mother to have such worries/concerns about her own child, it must be so heavy carrying all that around on her heart.

Do I have this right?

Grandma owns house
Grandma has custody of Q
Grandma is evicting Q's mom from the house
Grandma goes out of town and leaves Q with mom

No shade toward grandma, just want to make sure I read all of this correct.

Now Q is missing... flags everywhere and I don't like this. Two Georgia cases that are so horribly perplexing. Praying for answers on both this week!

I will add, if sitter "keeps kids even when mom is not working" it sounds like mom keeps Q with her eventhough grandma has legal custody

Do I have this right?

Grandma owns house
Grandma has custody of Q
Grandma is evicting Q's mom from the house
Grandma goes out of town and leaves Q with mom

No shade toward grandma, just want to make sure I read all of this correct.

Now Q is missing... flags everywhere and I don't like this. Two Georgia cases that are so horribly perplexing. Praying for answers on both this week!

I will add, if sitter "keeps kids even when mom is not working" it sounds like mom keeps Q with her eventhough grandma has legal custody
You didn't factor in grandpa (stepfather of Quinton's mother) who also resides in that household. He was out of town that morning but not out of state like the grandmother.

So she didn't leave Q with his mother, she left Q with her spouse in charge of the household IMO.

What took Mr. Howell out of town that fateful morning has not been specified but if he was just at town or two away attending to some errand or business while the rest of the household was still sleeping, I don't see how he could be expected to know that something awful was going to happen between the hour that he left the house (whenever that was) and when the children were due to be delivered to the babysitter's care later that morning

ETA it is my strong belief that mom doesn't pay the sitter and didn't hire the sitter. Grandma did, because she didn't trust her daughter (employed or no) to supervise the children in her absence.

Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED; corrected info in GRAY

around 2019
Q's older brother, Z, born (18 @ 1:35)

around Feb 2021

Q born (14)

around Jul 2021
Grandmother BH awarded custody of Q and Q's older brother (14)

sometime in 2022
Mother LS moved in with her mother BH and Q's younger sister was born (14)

around Apr 2022
Babysitter DM begins watching Q & Z (9 @ 0:28)

Fri Sep 16
Sheriff's office mailed Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

around Mon Sep 26 - Sat Oct 1
believed that Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY received eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

sometime in Sep 2022
Grandmother BH leaves for 3-week work assignment in IL; hopes to get back before evicted daughter LS and daughter's boyfriend DY move out (14)

Tue Oct 4
Babysitter DM watched Q & Z; went home that night (9 @ 0:30)

Wedn Oct 5
5:29AM - Babysitter DM received text that she would not be babysitting Q & Z that morning (9 @ 0:44)

6:00AM - LAST REPORTED SIGHTING (1) by mother's boyfriend (14); According to stepgrandfather TH (who owns the house but was out of town; wife is still driving in from out of state), people at home at the time: mother, mother's boyfriend, 3 kids, mother's brother (7)

9:00AM - Babysitter DM receives text asking if she's seen them, but when she tried to help search, she was turned away (9 @ 1:03)

9:30AM (14) 9:39AM (17 @ 2:55) - Reported missing to authorities by mother (1) who said he'd been in his playpen (5)

9:42AM - LE dispatched to residence (1), searched home (4)

12:34PM - LE state they are searching area on foot with a drone and K9 unit (1)

2:04PM - LE state they are shutting down Chatham Parkway, Louis B Mills, and Buckhalter Rd to continue search (1)

2:48PM - LE state that Buckhalter Rd was reopened (1)

around 3PM - Step-grandfather TH arrived home (16 @ 0:02)

3:33PM - LE state that Chief met with media - nothing to indicate abduction; "does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating"; have responded to two calls for service at the home in the last two years (neither for missing child) (2)

5:58PM - @BrettWSAV states FBI assisting (6)

6:52PM - LE state ground search continues; plan to search with helicopter and heat-seeking tech (2)

[TIME?] - Dive team also on scene (7)

10:08PM - LE state 75 LE officers and volunteers combed area (2)

[TIME?] - LE secured search warrant for residence (10 @ 1:15)

PM - FBI Evidence Response Team & Chatham County Police search home with flashlights & cameras (8)

PM - LE cruiser remained on scene at residence overnight (14)

[TIME?] - Grandmother BH learned about Q's disappearance from phone call from Babysitter DM (14)

PM - Grandmother BH arrived home but with crime scene tape up, had to stay in a motel (14) - see Thur Oct 6

[TIME?] - LE contacted bio father and "did not believe he was involved" (4) due to the fact he "works very much, very north of here" (10 @ 0:34), despite Q's mom telling Q's grandfather that Q's father came and picked him up (7)

[TIME?] - neighbors state they'd seen Q out wandering the home and street in the past (7)

Thur Oct 6
2:00AM - Search ended for night (17 @ 1:35)

3:30AM - Grandmother BH arrived home (16 @ 0:03)
but with crime scene tape up had to stay in motel (14)

5:53AM - LE states no overnight developments (3)

8:00AM - Searching resumed (17 @ 1:35)

10:11AM - FBI on scene with ATVs (11), searching trash cans in neighborhood including babysitter's (12) and locked sheds on grandfather's other property (15)

around 11:00 AM - FBI returned to residence after sweep of neighborhood (18 @ 0:54)

11:11AM - LE is "obtaining other search warrants at other locations today" (13)

AM - Grandmother BH, who was working out of town in IL, states in phone interview with media "I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times" (14),
states on camera, "I don't know what to believe right now... I don't know if I can trust her" (16 @ 1:09)

AM - Chief states at LE presser that they are conducting interviews and "downloading phones and things of that nature" today (17 @ 0:35)

PM - Biological father on his way to Savannah from out of town to help search (18 @ 1:50)

SOURCES

(1) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(2) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(3) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(4) Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood (APNews - Oct 5)
(5) Search for toddler missing from coastal Georgia neighborhood continues (Fox5 - Oct 5)
(6) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(7) Chatham County police, neighbors search for missing 20-month-old child (WSAV - Oct 5)
(8) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(9) WSAV3 video (Oct 5)
(10) WSAV FB video (Oct 5)
(11) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(12) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(13) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(14) Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning (WTOC - Oct 6)
(15) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(16) Grandparents comment on missing Chatham County toddler VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(17) Chatham County Police Chief gives update on missing toddler search VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(18) @SarahWinkelmann tweet including VIDEO (WTOC - Oct 6)
https://twitter.com/SarahWinkelmann

Last edited:
It does look like they are covering all bases and just looking for anything.
Hopefully the dogs will be helpful I'm sure they would have got something from the house with a scent.
They neighbors have said the've seen him outside the house before so I would think someone would have seen him, but stranger things have happened.
Agreed.
Hoping for houses with security footage that saw ... something !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95