Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

This Video is so heartbreaking.

There is also a press release from Chief Hadley on the same link

Absolutely heartbreaking. You can hear the love AND the fear in their voices.

Praying this angel baby is found soon!!!!

According to the Chief, the boyfriend is the one who was up with Quinton at 6am. Mom woke up around 9am.
Oh man, that was hard to watch.

Interview with the grandparents. There's an option to read the transcript although it's a little flakey.

Grandparents describe Q as happy, seem very concerned to find him. Grandmother says:

"Leilani is, My Leilani is my daughter's 22. Um she hasn't uh always done the right things and sometimes she does really great and sometimes she doesn't. And I'm... I don't know what to think right now. I don't know what to believe because I don't think anybody ever believes that this is gonna happen to them. I don't know if I can trust her if I don't. I just know that I'm hurting and I want this baby home."
Heartbreaking. It really sounds like the grandparents suspect foul play. They didn't mention the boyfriend, just the daughter L. I wonder what they think of him?

It's also pretty clear (JMO) what the two previous calls to that house were - I suspect (again JMO) they were DV calls. MOO.

According to the Chief, the boyfriend is the one who was up with Quinton at 6am. Mom woke up around 9am.
Hmmm....
Well, we know Quinton was much too little to have been hiding out anywhere and so far LE haven't really been hinting towards kidnapping, although they're not leaving anything off the table so far.
As in, anything.
Where are you, precious little guy ?
M00.

"This is a fluid situation," said Chatham County Police Chief Jeff Hadley. "All things are still possible. We don’t have one concrete theory…all things are possible."

Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning

I take the BBM statement from the police chief to mean that while there is no named person of interest, abduction, foul play, and wandered off are all still very much on the table, meaning none are OFF the table.

I think the grandparents allowed Leilani and boyfriend and baby to move in because they already had custody and were caring for the two older children and they didn't want to see their newest grandchild homeless with mom and her boyfriend. I imagine if my own child, whose children I was raising came to me pregnant or with a newborn and needed somewhere to stay I might also open my doors. sounds like the grandparents are in between a rock and hard place. Trying to care for their grandsons and yet make sure the newest baby was receiving care and had a roof over her head as well. Once mom and her boyfriend and new baby were added to the household it wasn't working out, but if mom was receiving any mail at that address, that is enough to prove occupancy in the eyes of the law, if she and the boyfriend didn't want to leave they would need to be legally evicted.

I am not at all placing blame, I feel grandma is going to do that her own self and my heart hurts for her.

"This is a fluid situation," said Chatham County Police Chief Jeff Hadley. "All things are still possible. We don’t have one concrete theory…all things are possible."

Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning

I take the BBM statement from the police chief to mean that while there is no named person of interest, abduction, foul play, and wandered off are all still very much on the table, meaning none are OFF the table.

I think the grandparents allowed Leilani and boyfriend and baby to move in because they already had custody and were caring for the two older children and they didn't want to see their newest grandchild homeless with mom and her boyfriend. I imagine if my own child, whose children I was raising came to me pregnant or with a newborn and needed somewhere to stay I might also open my doors. sounds like the grandparents are in between a rock and hard place. Trying to care for their grandsons and yet make sure the newest baby was receiving care and had a roof over her head as well. Once mom and her boyfriend and new baby were added to the household it wasn't working out, but if mom was receiving any mail at that address, that is enough to prove occupancy in the eyes of the law, if she and the boyfriend didn't want to leave they would need to be legally evicted.

I am not at all placing blame, I feel grandma is going to do that her own self and my heart hurts for her.
My heart hurts for her too....

Grandmother has custody...

The grandmother of missing toddler Quinton Simon is hopeful he will be found safe, but as more than 24 hours has passed since he was last seen she says she cannot stop thinking the worst has happened.

“My mind has thought the worst and it’s prayed for the best. You know, I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times,” said Billie Howell, in a phone interview with WTOC News.

She says she has custody of 20-month-old Quinton and was working out of town in Illinois when she learned he was missing.

She left as soon as she got the call from Quinton’s babysitter. When she arrived at her home on Burkhalter Road, she said she found crime scene tape up and had to stay at a motel. Police have since taken down the tape, she said. She lives at the home with her husband, her 22-year-old daughter Leilani, who is Quinton’s mother, her daughter’s boyfriend and Leilani’s three children.

“But I haven’t heard from any police and they were supposed to be here searching this morning. They’re not here. I’m praying that that’s good.”

Before she left for the short-term job in Illinois, she had served her daughter and her daughter’s boyfriend with an eviction notice through the courts. She said they would fight all the time.

This is extremely telling to me. The babysitter called the grandmother to tell her Q is missing, not the mother of the child??!! Uuugghhh!

I get that there was tension (the pending eviction), but this was a very serious matter! Especially considering G-Ma has custody!!!

I do think the eviction notice could have been a catalyst to whatever occurred here. I really, really, really hope that the mother of little Q didn't try to get "even" with G-ma over the eviction. I am hoping that the search warrants are on cell phones / computers and that some information can be gleaned to find little Q.

“The boyfriend woke up, saw the child at 6am, the Mother woke up at some other time later, then reported the child missing at 9:39am I believe that the call came into 911”

They do not mention what the boyfriends story is though. But say the Parents are working with detectives.

The Babysitter received a text at 5:29am that she would not be needed that day then around 9am received a text asking if she had seen Quinton. So if she was giving accurate times, it took them about 40 minutes to call 911 to report him missing. Who did the text come from? Has Boyfriend talked to anyone? If he was up with Quinton at 6 I would think he was who the text came from at 5:29.

“The boyfriend woke up, saw the child at 6am, the Mother woke up at some other time later, then reported the child missing at 9:39am I believe that the call came into 911”

They do not mention what the boyfriends story is though. But say the Parents are working with detectives.

The Babysitter received a text at 5:29am that she would not be needed that day then around 9am received a text asking if she had seen Quinton. So if she was giving accurate times, it took them about 40 minutes to call 911 to report him missing. Who did the text come from? Has Boyfriend talked to anyone? If he was up with Quinton at 6 I would think he was who the text came from at 5:29.

He woke up and saw the child at 6,,,, but daycare was notified at 5:29?
Um…….

This is going to end badly.

Thanks for the video link, @SpicyFruit !
Around the 0:26 mark and following (it counts down), the grandma says , "...I... I don't know if I can trust her ..." ?
Wondering if that meant as in the general sense, or as in not sure if she (grandma) can trust what has been told to her ?
They were distraught and that was a hard video to watch. :(

I think the custody arrangements are important in this case, as Quinton went missing whilst in the care of those who did not have custody of him ?

Remember the babysitter said she was called/texted by the mom and boyfriend, around 5am-ish and told they wouldn't need her services that day ?
Was grandma expecting the babysitter to be there that day, until she or grandpa arrived back at the house ?

And thus Quinton, his brother and the new baby would be properly looked after, and the grands didn't have to worry ?

How odd that the sitter received a text later in the day, asking if she'd seen Quinton.
If she hadn't driven over that day to babysit ... well then of course she wouldn't have seen him !
M00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member