Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated the TIMELINE (click link for full timeline)

Tue Oct 11: DAY SEVEN
  • 6:58PM - Video posted of confrontation between GrandmaBJH & SitterDM [from unknown date] regarding memorial/prayer service being organized by SitterDM; SitterDM states that Georgia DCFC has open case involving Q (37)
  • [TIME?] GrandmaBJH's FB had post asking for help getting pool fixed; post has since been removed (37)
Wed Oct 12: DAY EIGHT
  • 10:19AM - CCPD update on SM - LE will be at residence with search dogs and investigators; expect to schedule presser for tomorrow. (38)
  • 11:54AM - ReporterBB (WSAV) posts video of FBI SUVs pulling into driveway next door to residence (39)
  • 12:51PM - ReporterBB (WSAV) posts video of MomLS and unknown passenger refusing to speak to media, leaving neighborhood in white Chevy Silverado (40)
NEW SOURCES
(37) 'My Baby's Not Dead': Heated Exchange Between grandmother, babysitter of missing toddler... (WSAV - Oct 11)
(38) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 12)
(39) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 12)
(40) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 12)

Having worked on the government side, I can state the information about Florida's system is completely accurate.

I imagine we'll get in trouble for going off topic, but you are incorrect. In Florida, the only children referred to as foster children are children residing in a licensed Foster Care setting.

Trust me, the child's status as a foster child (or not) really does matter. It impacts everything from what programs/services the child may receive right on down to how local tax dollars are used. It also dictates how often the local district has contact with the family and how intensively they work with the parents. It's not as simple as the difference in pronunciation of tomato and tomato.

I imagine we'll get in trouble for going off topic, but you are incorrect. In Florida, the only children referred to as foster children are children residing in a licensed Foster Care setting.

Trust me, the child's status as a foster child (or not) really does matter. It impacts everything from what programs/services the child may receive right on down to how local tax dollars are used. It also dictates how often the local district has contact with the family and how intensively they work with the parents. It's not as simple as the difference in pronunciation of tomato and tomato.
'K.

We discussed this earlier and I still for the life of me can't figure out why (if there is a septic tank) it hasn't been pumped. Many of us have followed cases in which a child has been found in a septic tank.
Does anyone familiar with the area know if they use septic tanks in this area?
True, that happened in the county next to us. Just horrific.

If the grandmother had custody of two of the children, then how could it be that she was out of town at the time that Quinton went missing? If Quinton's mother lost custody, how could GM leave the toddler in her mother's care?

There's a grandfather in this scenario as well, isn't there? Maybe grandma went out of town, thinking grandpa would be the one left in charge, then he had to go out of town as well. They clearly intended for the babysitter to have the kids for the majority of the day, since that seems to be how it normally went.

Septic tank types must vary. I have one at my house and it was just pumped last week. The green lids through which it's accessed are not buried and are raised from the ground a few inches. My spouse has to mow the grass around the lids with the mower since it's raised that much. The employee from the septic company used a drill to unscrew the lid and remove it to pump it and then screwed the lid back on. There was no evidence at all on the grass or ground around the tank lids after he did that.
Just for completeness, they can also be cement covers with an iron handle. These can be buried and uncovered each time it's pumped but often are not covered. The hole is significant on that type - about two and a half feet. That type would be of concern. Just fyi and probably in the weeds at this point. sorry.

Were the children always residing with mom & BF? Seems odd that Grandma would mention the 3 grandchildren if they were just staying with mom while grandma worked/was out of town.

Did mom and more importantly, grandma view the mom's loss of custody as just "mere paperwork" rather than a legal arrangement to live by? Seems like no one thought much of it. Unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95