Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The babysitter has appeared on a few YouTube videos giving interviews. This could be upsetting to the grandparents and hurtful to the investigation. I'm surprised that LE hasn't stepped in. Someone could be hurt when these tempers are flaring.
I know what you are saying but I think things spiraled out of control for her after she was interviewed by one of the local stations when Q was reported missing. JMO I just have a feeling that LE has asked her to remain quiet from here on out. MOO

The babysitter has appeared on a few YouTube videos giving interviews. This could be upsetting to the grandparents and hurtful to the investigation. I'm surprised that LE hasn't stepped in. Someone could be hurt when these tempers are flaring.

It doesn’t matter if the videos are “upsetting” or “hurtful to the investigation.” Without a court order, LE cannot demand the babysitter cease her speech. LE can’t just “step in” and order silence - basic 1st Amendment.

According to the babysitter, she kept them from 5:30-6am until around 3:30, and sometimes later, Monday through Friday, and at least sometimes, kept the infant as well.
it seems to me that this was supposed to be an arrangement for the gma's work schedule. if L works, its possibly at a mini mart and those tend to be part time and different hours. but then she worked out of town and now this.

These children are not in Foster Care. If they were in Foster Care, they would be in the custody of the commissioner of the local district/county. It has been stated multiple times that these children are in the direct custody of the grandparent.
My bad. I was under the impression the grandmother was fostering them. My apologies.

Praying they find little Quinton today. Such a tragic, sad, heartbreaking situation. Uncontrollable emotions, tempers flaring, everybody experiencing a treasured baby's disappearance from their personal perspective. Love, anger, guilt, blame ... circulating through a horrible tragedy played out in front of millions of others ... kindness ... kindness changes everything. MOO

Gma was asking about getting her pool fixed?!
Yes. On Facebook. Publicly. Hours before deleting the account.

Timeline: What has happened since 20-month-old Quinton Simon went missing?

The article says DM's daughter recorded the heated exchange between grandmother and babysitter. If a minor, what a scary thing to witness. Sadly, this case has traumatized others outside the immediate family, too.
The video was wild. It’s currently all over if you search for it.

My bad. I was under the impression the grandmother was fostering them. My apologies.

No apologies necessary! DSS always takes a beating on these cases, right, wrong or otherwise, and I was just trying to clarify their custody status to mitigate the blame that will eventually follow. You just happened to be the lucky winner of the post off which I jumped :)

That's not accurate. Children can be placed in the direct custody of a relative, but that is not Foster Care. You are correct in that there are a variety of kinship custody arrangements, but they do not meet the federal definition of Foster Care. It makes a specific impact in how expenditures are funded, and Foster Care payments cannot be made on behalf of any child not in the custody of the respective Department. The local district cannot act on behalf of the child, they cannot authorize medical care, and do not have the authority to move a child to a different placement without first petitioning to bring that child into LDSS custody. Maybe colloquially these are referred to as "Foster Care", but semantics really do matter in the big picture.

States have different public assistance grants available to non-parent caretakers, and children who are placed in the direct custody of a relative most likely qualify for those benefits (but keep in mind that the child's biological parent in the home impacts the child's eligibility for those payments), but again it is not Foster Care.

You are also correct in that these direct custody arrangements do require vetting the relatives, but not to the same degree as certifying the individual as a foster parent. Some sort of Preventive/Protective services are provided with those cases, and would involve casework contacts in accordance with that state's practice.

Although I am in NY, I have worked for DSS for almost 34 years. In my district, in addition to other things, I am responsible for all Foster Care and Adoption/KinGap case payments, tapping into state/federal funding streams, and case maintenance for Preventive cases with those direct custody arrangements. I didn't have a whole lot of time to delve into GA statutes, but am attaching the link for anyone up for some light reading...

yes. but we dont know the arrangement here.

Yes. On Facebook. Publicly. Hours before deleting the account.

The video was wild. It’s currently all over if you search for it.
It's posted on our own timeline for the case

GA - Quinton Simon, 1, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022 TIMELINE/MEDIA/MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*​

last post for Oct 11, DAY 7 refer to #37 last one on list for that day, link to altercation

In many states foster children can be placed with relatives or non relatives (family friends, etc.) And still be in the foster care system/ considered foster children. Kinship care is often times preferred over foster care. In Florida relative caregivers are subject to home studies, background checks, home visits (though less frequently than foster parents), and have to update case workers with doctor's visits, school records, etc. The relative caregivers don't need to take the required foster parent classes in some states. The child is considered a foster child until permanency is established through adoption or reunification. MOO/YMMV
Having worked on the government side, I can state the information about Florida's system is completely accurate.

Well that's why I asked about seeing the actual paperwork. I don't know anything about it, just that if GMA has custody of 2 kids, I don't see how the law would work to let them be named in an eviction notice.
It's my opinion, after having read the actual paperwork, that GM was simply stating that issues began when daughter, boyfriend and 3 children moved in. The eviction paperwork is similar to restraining order paperwork, in which there is a section for the filer to explain the situation (anything can be written in that section). It's my opinion that others have interpreted the paperwork differently than I have. I don't believe GM wanted to evict the children, nor am I sure that was even an option since GM had full custody of Q and Z and a request for child support was filed. The child support request denotes (to me) that GM did not want to evict the children, too. JMO.

We discussed this earlier and I still for the life of me can't figure out why (if there is a septic tank) it hasn't been pumped. Many of us have followed cases in which a child has been found in a septic tank.
Does anyone familiar with the area know if they use septic tanks in this area?
The Zillow description of the house indicated that it has a septic system.

This house looks as if it has a modern well and septic tank that must pass county inspection at the time of installation. Modern wells are not just a hole in the ground. There is a pipe going down in the ground capped with a motorized pump. Over this is usually built a small house to protect the motor from the l elements. There is no exposed hole going down into the ground for something to fall into.

as for the septic tank, it is completely buried and covered by soil and grass. If someone had disturbed it to hide a body it would be very obvious.

Septic tank types must vary. I have one at my house and it was just pumped last week. The green lids through which it's accessed are not buried and are raised from the ground a few inches. My spouse has to mow the grass around the lids with the mower since it's raised that much. The employee from the septic company used a drill to unscrew the lid and remove it to pump it and then screwed the lid back on. There was no evidence at all on the grass or ground around the tank lids after he did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95