Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, sadly, you are not the only one …..

I just have a feeling from the wording that has been used, that they have found “something” in the way of evidence….
IMO
Yeah, if they haven't really got any evidence they are sure pumping everyone up, expecting some quick resolution. I posted yesterday that the news releases about "evidence" could be a not-so-subtle hint to someone that it might go easier for them to cooperate.

Wow, in that video linked above, Quinton's grandma and the babysitter really go at it. It's disturbing to say the least. I think it's also very telling that the babysitter said she had indeed called CPS in the past as had other neighbors.

MOO

i would like to know more about the call or calls to CPS. If the babysitter watched the children all day,who was responsible for the children when they were in the ditch?’

Was the Grandmother told of the situation that precipitated the call? or is this the first she heard of it? Would CPS have notified the family?

Did this report spark the argument which resulted in the GM trying to evict the daughter? Or did the Babysitter report without telling GM…or did she tell her and be ignored?

Sigh....I can't get him out of my head, wondering where this sweet angel baby could be.

All that has surfaced the last few days has been hard to digest and speaks to the environment in which he was living. I believe he had love in his life, but I also believe he has suffered greatly.

They have checked and double checked the entire area in which he could have physically wondered off to and it has produced nothing.

We all now what that means.

JMO

I've seen the brother mentioned here (meaning uncle, son of GMA, brother of young mother), but just as an inhabitant. I don't remember seeing him listed as being "there" that night. I can't block anyone, lol, just that being around for awhile I myself have frequently been asked for proof. It's better in the long run, just look at FB and YT with all the salacious rumors on every case that happens.
I’ve been on fb, twitter, tiktok, big media outlets and Ive definitely seen some things change regarding the timeline and who was in the house, text message exchanges etc . The speculation on YT is out of hand forsure. I only trust LE with the facts. Just wishing upon a star this sweet baby comes back

Not sure if posted. Babysitter and GM video
Editing to add: more at link
I haven't been able to follow that closely.
Can someone give the short version on why the grandmother is flipping out on the babysitter?

Am I the only one that thinks they are looking for a deceased Q on the family property? Perhaps they have been able to determine from cell pings that bio mom and boyfriend never left the residence??
I feel certain that if they are searching the family property again, with what I think we can safely assume are cadaver dogs, LE are not expecting to find a missing toddler, alive. I do believe that something they have found has brought them back with dogs today, so I am hopeful that this will be the day little Quinton is found, and if an arrest is not made before then, I expect there will be at least one, very soon after. JMO

Can someone give the short version on why the grandmother is flipping out on the babysitter?
Because she mistook the baby sitter's efforts at organizing a prayer circle as being a memorial occasion, with the implication that the baby is dead. In part, the way I understood it.

grandmother seems very upset that sitter was organizing a "memorial" gathering for lil Q. IMO gma felt sitter was our of line organizing events, an overstep, and then to call it a "memorial" suggests that Q is dead, in gma's mind and I think gma took quite a bit of offense at that.

The rest was just basic finger pointing between two women I believe know and love Q best. I think there are probably lots of guilty feelings of coulda shoulda woulda what if being felt by both women. Rather than letting their concern for Q join them in a common goal they have decided to play "who's fault is this"

Not a good look for either JMO. <modsnip> I do not doubt she loves Q and Z. Ugly confrontation all around MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
grandmother seems very upset that sitter was organizing a "memorial" gathering for lil Q. IMO gma felt sitter was our of line organizing events, an overstep, and then to call it a "memorial" suggests that Q is dead, in gma's mind and I think gma took quite a bit of offense at that.

The rest was just basic finger pointing between two women I believe know and love Q best. I think there are probably lots of guilty feelings of coulda shoulda woulda what if being felt by both women. Rather than letting their concern for Q join them in a common goal they have decided to play "who's fault is this"

Not a good look for either JMO. <modsnip> I do not doubt she loves Q and Z. Ugly confrontation all around MOO
I can understand Gma being upset at a "memorial" being planned as it does indeed suggest Q is deceased. Perhaps some type of prayer vigil or something of that sort would be more appropriate at this time.

I think the grandmother is going through a very traumatic experience and is also likely experiencing a lot of guilt. I think the argument with the babysitter happened very early on as a result of a misunderstanding of a prayer vigil vs. memorial and due to all of her emotions - completely blew it all out of proportion. Unless you have been in an extremely emotional/traumatic situation its easy to say she shouldnt have reacted that way but it was likely way out of her control emotionally speaking (in my opinion of course).

I agree with a previous poster that said her asking about fixing the pool is likely her trying to grip on to anything that resembles normalcy. I wonder if the pool looked the way it did because they never repaired the liner problems. You cant leave a liner pool empty like that for long without causing more damage, plus you need it drained in most cases to fix liner problems so with it being empty and her wanting to avoid further problems she knew it had to be done. When my husband passed away, I was shellshocked and traumatized but I had young kids and still needed to do a lot of normal things as hard as it was - I am not comparing situations but its kind of crazy what you do when going through trauma that might look weird to outsiders.

Septic tank?
We discussed this earlier and I still for the life of me can't figure out why (if there is a septic tank) it hasn't been pumped. Many of us have followed cases in which a child has been found in a septic tank.
Does anyone familiar with the area know if they use septic tanks in this area?

I can understand Gma being upset at a "memorial" being planned as it does indeed suggest Q is deceased. Perhaps some type of prayer vigil or something of that sort would be more appropriate at this time.
I think Gma is an emotional wreck right now. I can empathize with her less-than-poised outburst.

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

In many states foster children can be placed with relatives or non relatives (family friends, etc.) And still be in the foster care system/ considered foster children. Kinship care is often times preferred over foster care. In Florida relative caregivers are subject to home studies, background checks, home visits (though less frequently than foster parents), and have to update case workers with doctor's visits, school records, etc. The relative caregivers don't need to take the required foster parent classes in some states. The child is considered a foster child until permanency is established through adoption or reunification. MOO/YMMV

That's not accurate. Children can be placed in the direct custody of a relative, but that is not Foster Care. You are correct in that there are a variety of kinship custody arrangements, but they do not meet the federal definition of Foster Care. It makes a specific impact in how expenditures are funded, and Foster Care payments cannot be made on behalf of any child not in the custody of the respective Department. The local district cannot act on behalf of the child, they cannot authorize medical care, and do not have the authority to move a child to a different placement without first petitioning to bring that child into LDSS custody. Maybe colloquially these are referred to as "Foster Care", but semantics really do matter in the big picture.

States have different public assistance grants available to non-parent caretakers, and children who are placed in the direct custody of a relative most likely qualify for those benefits (but keep in mind that the child's biological parent in the home impacts the child's eligibility for those payments), but again it is not Foster Care.

You are also correct in that these direct custody arrangements do require vetting the relatives, but not to the same degree as certifying the individual as a foster parent. Some sort of Preventive/Protective services are provided with those cases, and would involve casework contacts in accordance with that state's practice.

Although I am in NY, I have worked for DSS for almost 34 years. In my district, in addition to other things, I am responsible for all Foster Care and Adoption/KinGap case payments, tapping into state/federal funding streams, and case maintenance for Preventive cases with those direct custody arrangements. I didn't have a whole lot of time to delve into GA statutes, but am attaching the link for anyone up for some light reading...

We discussed this earlier and I still for the life of me can't figure out why (if there is a septic tank) it hasn't been pumped. Many of us have followed cases in which a child has been found in a septic tank.
Does anyone familiar with the area know if they use septic tanks in this area?
1665591945644.png

View attachment 372720
Oh wow. I would think they searched the Well... if it is visible. Hoping they searched the tank as well, but some people were saying you might be able to see signs that it had been disturbed.

Seeing her get all up into the babysitter's personal space was just creepy. I thought 100% she was about to pop her one. I understand raw emotions but that's just scary as heck to live with someone that can flip like that. Kids don't deserve to be around that kind of thing, ever.

jmo
The babysitter has appeared on a few YouTube videos giving interviews. This could be upsetting to the grandparents and hurtful to the investigation. I'm surprised that LE hasn't stepped in. Someone could be hurt when these tempers are flaring.

That's not accurate. Children can be placed in the direct custody of a relative, but that is not Foster Care. You are correct in that there are a variety of kinship custody arrangements, but they do not meet the federal definition of Foster Care. It makes a specific impact in how expenditures are funded, and Foster Care payments cannot be made on behalf of any child not in the custody of the respective Department. The local district cannot act on behalf of the child, they cannot authorize medical care, and do not have the authority to move a child to a different placement without first petitioning to bring that child into LDSS custody. Maybe colloquially these are referred to as "Foster Care", but semantics really do matter in the big picture.

States have different public assistance grants available to non-parent caretakers, and children who are placed in the direct custody of a relative most likely qualify for those benefits (but keep in mind that the child's biological parent in the home impacts the child's eligibility for those payments), but again it is not Foster Care.

You are also correct in that these direct custody arrangements do require vetting the relatives, but not to the same degree as certifying the individual as a foster parent. Some sort of Preventive/Protective services are provided with those cases, and would involve casework contacts in accordance with that state's practice.

Although I am in NY, I have worked for DSS for almost 34 years. In my district, in addition to other things, I am responsible for all Foster Care and Adoption/KinGap case payments, tapping into state/federal funding streams, and case maintenance for Preventive cases with those direct custody arrangements. I didn't have a whole lot of time to delve into GA statutes, but am attaching the link for anyone up for some light reading...

Thank you for sharing.

This house looks as if it has a modern well and septic tank that must pass county inspection at the time of installation. Modern wells are not just a hole in the ground. There is a pipe going down in the ground capped with a motorized pump. Over this is usually built a small house to protect the motor from the l elements. There is no exposed hole going down into the ground for something to fall into.

as for the septic tank, it is completely buried and covered by soil and grass. If someone had disturbed it to hide a body it would be very obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog