Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it would depend on the type of liner they have and if it was damaged. I can’t see LE paying for any repairs though, to be honest.

However, if they have a vinyl liner instead of concrete, then she should know that the pool would need water immediately after draining to keep the liner from shrinking. I can’t imagine what other damage would be done from just pumping out the water?

Seems she made an odd request. JMO.
With all that is going on right now, getting my pool repaired would not be high on my list of priorities. JMO

Broadly speaking, if CPS is called on a household multiple times, the person with custody in that household is culpable. Regardless of who has custody and regardless of whether they're at work, the custodial adult is responsible if children are being neglected. Full stop.

Broadly speaking, if CPS is called on a household multiple times, the person with custody in that household is culpable. Regardless of who has custody and regardless of whether they're at work, the custodial adult is responsible if children are being neglected. Full stop.
So if it turns out that (likely) something happened to end Q's life and the bio mom and boyfriend are held responsible that the gma could also face consequences? What would happen to the remaining kids? Foster care?

Totally.
I am judging here that the children were left with someone who has proven to have issues taking care of them while the custodial guardians went out of town - to work?!

So if it turns out that (likely) something happened to end Q's life and the bio mom and boyfriend are held responsible that the gma could also face consequences? What would happen to the remaining kids? Foster care?
Maybe the 2 remaining bio fathers will step in to provide a home for their kids, assuming BF is not part of anything. (Sorry, I think Q is not with us anymore.)

“PRICED TO SELL - Never before has this property been on the market. Family owned for generations and the family has decided to move out west. You can own this awesome home that is in the center of the county but feels like you're in the middle of the country. The home needs some cosmetic updates but it has a great flow and with a little imagination and some paint will be awesome. Sold AS-IS but don't let that scare you as it has been well maintained throughout the years. Features a large lot, in-ground pool that needs a liner, large shed, detached workshop and more.”

Maybe the liner hasn’t been fixed since it was purchased.

IMO:
Grandma/grandpa may not be receiving funds from the state to pay for childcare. Oftentimes in-home sitters are paid in cash and goes unreported as income. Maybe grandma felt she was “helping” the sitter. I hope social media posts are not interfering with the investigation.
In NC you get funds for childcare in the foster care system. I’m pretty sure it’s encouraged.

With all that is going on right now, getting my pool repaired would not be high on my list of priorities. JMO
100% agreed. It appeared to me it wasn’t in prime condition to begin with, otherwise you would be able to somewhat see into the depths of the pool.

Maybe the grandma was using that comment to distract her from the real situation at hand. The disappearance of her beautiful grandchild.

I can’t fathom what she is going through, but I do think there is a lot of dysfunction and denial happening.
MOO.

My assumption here is GM got custody of the boys through the state. In this theory- LS lost the children to the state, they were placed with grandmother, eventually they were permanently placed with her and case closed eventually. This has happened with close relatives of mine. Once the case is closed there is no oversight. Theoretically the children could then have unsupervised visits with bio parents, sleep overs, there are little restrictions on this in some cases. Hypothetically, if GM is culpable of anything it's not protecting the children after being alerted that they were abused/neglected. I wouldn't think this would result in criminal charges. Or permanent removal of a child she legally adopted (if that's the case). However, it could result in her not being the best placement for the new baby if mom loses custody.

This is all speculation and my opinion only, based on my experience with the placement of children with relatives.

100% agreed. It appeared to me it wasn’t in prime condition to begin with, otherwise you would be able to somewhat see into the depths of the pool.

Maybe the grandma was using that comment to distract her from the real situation at hand. The disappearance of her beautiful grandchild.

I can’t fathom what she is going through, but I do think there is a lot of dysfunction and denial happening.
MOO.
Yeah, that confrontation was ugly, but I'd probably be tearing my hair out and screaming at everyone, although trying not to blame clearly innocent people. At least I'd like to think I'd have that self control. I hope they figure out very quickly what happened, definitively.

It's also not uncommon for the Dept of Revenue/ child support enforcement to go after bio parents for child support. The caregiver doesn't need to initiate it but in many states the caregiver must comply in order to keep receiving much needed benefits for the minor children.

If Grandma got custody through DFACS this was likely lined up for her AND initiated at the beginning of her care for the children. These cases can take a while to come to closure.

Grandma receiving a child support order doesn't mean she was seeking out child support. It could be that state officials decided to hold the bio parents accountable and GM would risk losing benefits that help her care for the children if she didn't comply.

Also I've never heard of a parent being able to choose the amount of child support they pay or receive from another parent. It's calculated by the courts based on standards. In the event the parent is unemployed or underemployed the income is then imputed which could explain the $150 a month.

Again all my opinion only based on my own experience. I've been the kinship caregiver and had to work my way through the system.

Have been following …. This sounds so ominous, along with the earlier media article…. I have a feeling the Police know what may have happened but just haven’t released it yet….. but JMO
Heartbreaking…. As for toddler, they have really run out of time to find him, if he was stuck somewhere like in a small space…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966