Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if the babysitter in this case would be a mandated reporter because she's not an employee of a daycare facility or any kind of formal/professional child caregiver.

There is a list of who is a mandated reporter in Georgia on this site, under the section called "Who Must Report" - GA Mandated Reporter Information
formal caregiver yes. Babysitting and self employed nanny- no.

Fox news is just reporting a facebook post by gma that says "finally" she could "feel the calming peaceful sunshine hitting my face.". I wonder if LE has told them something more about what or where Q is?

I think those are older messages.

Billie Jo Howell, who with her husband has legal custodianship of missing 20-month-old Quinton Simon and his brother, took to Facebook on Tuesday afternoon to share a message that she said she had posted "years ago" and that "stands true today."

I dont think its an irrelevant or petty observation.

I can easily see a parent not being able to remember the exact top and bottom a toddler was wearing as once matching tops and bottoms disappear into the laundry deep void and mismatches become common.

But... I cant see many parents describing pajamas as "black pants". Likewise, I cant see too many parents letting a child sleep the night with pajama tops and pants bottoms (though I am sure it does occur).

Maybe a Freudian slip indicating that the toddler was being dressed for travel?
I think this reading in to how the child was dressed is irrelevant in this case. My kid has "sleep clothes" and "out clothes" quite a few pairs of matching pajama sets. Her most common "PJs" are worn in cotton leggings that she can no longer wear out and a nightgown. Or pajama pants/leggings and a T-shirt (usually a bit faded or the graphics on top are worn. If you think of the t-shirt and leggings, perhaps you'd assume she was dressed for a play day at the park but in really she's wearing leggings that she stained with ketchup when they were brand-new and her favorite Tshirt from last summer that she refuses to throw away. Its not uncommon to see children put to bed in clean clothes that aren't "pajama sets."

Fox news is just reporting a facebook post by gma that says "finally" she could "feel the calming peaceful sunshine hitting my face.". I wonder if LE has told them something more about what or where Q is?

That's a rather cryptic message, I wonder what she means?

JMO

This is going to end like so many of our other child missing cases go. It breaks my heart, even enough to have stopped away from a lot of the the mainstream media cases, This missing baby just kills me, I can't explain why, my heart just hurts,

I'm so sorry for whatever has happened to this precious. baby I can only hope whoever is responsible faces the most swift and sever justice, which I feel is happening even now with LE community.

My heart hurts, I have taken a high level look at most missing child cases, and whatever happens to this sweet baby I hope whomever is responsiblle is held tp the highest standard of justice,

I will have to go back and watch it. I didn't think she said she didn't report it to DCFS but did to the Grandma. But the video in that MSM said she did.

From the news article:

WSAV has been breaking new details in the story since Quinton went missing and WSAV now knows, according to Quinton’s babysitter Diana McCarta, Georgia’s Division of Family & Children Services (DFCS) had an open case involving Quinton.

His babysitter told WSAV, she talked to DFCS and so did other people in that neighborhood.

McCarta told WSAV on Tuesday that she had called DFCS about Quinton and his siblings before.

“Yes, absolutely,” McCarta said when asked if DFCS told her about the active case.

McCarta isn’t the only neighbor claiming they were concerned about the children in this home.

“He was running back and forth in front of the house and I was afraid he was gon’ get hit,” a neighbor told WSAV last week. That neighbor didn’t want to show her face on camera and she cried recounting the story.

WSAV called Quinton’s grandmother to get her side of the story but she did not answer her phone.

Exclusive video: Quinton Simon’s grandmother, babysitter have heated exchange

Last edited:
I got caught up on a lot of msm and YouTube tonight. As distasteful as the neighbor arguments were and as sketchy as the family background is, I think G’MA genuinely loves that little guy and is stressed beyond breaking. There are so many pictures of him looking happy and she seems to adore the children. Whatever her lapses in judgment/good sense that may have contributed to his disappearance, I still feel for her as much as I want to lash out at the same time.
I just don’t see how he can be safe and unharmed. I hope there is someplace for the other children to go that is peaceful away from all the anger and heartache and possibly evil. JMO.

I got caught up on a lot of msm and YouTube tonight. As distasteful as the neighbor arguments were and as sketchy as the family background is, I think G’MA genuinely loves that little guy and is stressed beyond breaking. There are so many pictures of him looking happy and she seems to adore the children. Whatever her lapses in judgment/good sense that may have contributed to his disappearance, I still feel for her as much as I want to lash out at the same time.
I just don’t see how he can be safe and unharmed. I hope there is someplace for the other children to go that is peaceful away from all the anger and heartache and possibly evil. JMO.
I agree. This child looks generally happy. Grandma loved him, Step Grandpa probably treated him well, and the babysitter loved him.

This is just so flipping sad I hope they find this little one soon. I keep checking for a update,I feel for the grandma she seems like she loves those little ones she probably never dreamed this would happen. I’m hopeful by felon Friday we may se a arrest jmoo

I have to say, my heart breaks for the family. GM is loosing her mind trying to find her grandson, she can't possibly believe her daughter could have anything to do with it and attacking the babysitter. I do feel bad. This is a life altering awful situation. <modsnip> But this babysitter who is doing all this live video stuff is making matters worse. I realize she is defending herself but sometimes people need to appreciate the pain someone is going through and know the truth whatever that may be will come out. I don't know, I'm back and forth. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if posted. Babysitter and GM video
Editing to add: more at link
Babysitter needs to call LE and tell them where she will be and then go stay with a friend or family across town or something! I understand the stress of a grandmother who loves her grandchild but watching that video makes me feel like the situation there is out of control and no longer safe. There may be other stressful situations that are going on concurrently with QS family… not sleuthing family, just saying these horrible things like kidnapping or violence against children don’t happen in a vacuum.

and someone above asked who the man in the cowboy hat at end of video was… to me looks like the step grandfather, maybe.

Tensions are high. I cannot got this little dude off of my mind! Where are you sweet boy?!I hope his siblings are with someone else during this time. I can’t imagine they’re all in the same home IMO.

I am hoping for the best , but also want the people responsible to be charged to the 10th degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member