Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched a reporter, Andy Cole, from WJCL give a report for one of their news segments. I cannot for the life of me find it linked to their website grrr. I did not watch it live but it was a legit broadcast. I'm going to transcribe it here.
"Good evening Gregg and Shannon, investigators were out today searching for 20 month old Quinton Simon but still there/ they have not been able to find him. Earlier today I did get a chance to check in with his grandparents who as you can imagine are desperate for answers." (video rolls of grandparents interview)
"We've also learned that Leilani had a child support order filed against her just last week for both Quinton and his 3 year old sibling."

It's that last line. The reporter was reading from some hand held notes. Do you think that he meant that Leilani was served with an eviction notice instead because this is the first I have seen of child support.

Again I apologize I do not have a link.

Court documents show friction between Savannah toddler's mother, grandmother before disappearance​

Court documents obtained by WJCL show that Billie Jo Howell, Quinton's grandmother, attempted to remove the child's mother, Lelani, and her boyfriend, Daniel Youngkin, from the home.

Billie Jo, Lelani's mother, said in the document "They have damaged my property and at this point no one is living in peace."

She added that her daughter wasn't looking for work and that she wanted Lelani and Daniel out "as soon as possible."

Documents also show that Quinton's grandparents, Billie Jo and her husband, are the ones who have custody of Quinton and his 3-year-old brother.

Chief Hadley says police will leave no stone unturned in the search.

'No one is living in peace': Documents shed light on Savannah toddler's family before disappearance

Court documents show friction between Savannah toddler's mother, grandmother before disappearance​

Court documents obtained by WJCL show that Billie Jo Howell, Quinton's grandmother, attempted to remove the child's mother, Lelani, and her boyfriend, Daniel Youngkin, from the home.

Billie Jo, Lelani's mother, said in the document "They have damaged my property and at this point no one is living in peace."

She added that her daughter wasn't looking for work and that she wanted Lelani and Daniel out "as soon as possible."

Documents also show that Quinton's grandparents, Billie Jo and her husband, are the ones who have custody of Quinton and his 3-year-old brother.

'No one is living in peace': Documents shed light on Savannah toddler's family before disappearance
Sounds to me like Chief Hadley is making sure that their case will be airtight when they are ready to file. :(

I watched a reporter, Andy Cole, from WJCL give a report for one of their news segments. I cannot for the life of me find it linked to their website grrr. I did not watch it live but it was a legit broadcast. I'm going to transcribe it here.
"Good evening Gregg and Shannon, investigators were out today searching for 20 month old Quinton Simon but still there/ they have not been able to find him. Earlier today I did get a chance to check in with his grandparents who as you can imagine are desperate for answers." (video rolls of grandparents interview)
"We've also learned that Leilani had a child support order filed against her just last week for both Quinton and his 3 year old sibling."

It's that last line. The reporter was reading from some hand held notes. Do you think that he meant that Leilani was served with an eviction notice instead because this is the first I have seen of child support.

There is a chance you might find a child support order out there if you search for it. If I could link it, I would.

Quick question and forgive me if this has been covered. So the babysitter normally watches Quinton and his 3 yo brother even if the mom is not working. Who watches the 5 mo old baby if mom is working? I just don’t get much of a feeling mom is working, and I don’t know about DY - we believe the baby to be his bio child, yes? Does he work?

The grandmother not yet having custody of the infant might not have a say as to who is watching the baby, but I absolutely understand why she’d want the older 2 boys to be with the babysitter whether mom/bf are home or working, unfortunately.

All just questions, speculation and MOO

bolding mine.
Not good.
:(

If someone is gracious enough to let you reside in their home even when you're not gainfully employed, a little appreciation is in order ?

Also wanted to add ; if I woke up and found my toddler was missing, I'd be out looking until I dropped from exhaustion.
M00.

I worked for Child Support Enforcement back in the '90's.

In that state at that time, every custody order from every court was submitted to Child Support Enforcement for establishment & enforcement of a support order.

The court could set the amount, or specify 'no support' in a specified wording, or support per the Statues of the State or the like.

The amount of support was based on the non-custodial parent's income when documentation was submitted, and on other factors when pay records were not submitted.

If a child received public assistance (AFDC, yep I'm old, TANF, food stamps/SNAP) the State issued the order to any non-custodial parent.

Removes some of the financial burden from the taxpayers.

The Child Support Enforcement system is federally mandated, your local circuit, county, district, state, cannot make changes.

The order transferring custody to Grandma may have been processed in this way, resulting in a support order for non-custodial Mom and another for non-custodial Dad(s.)

jmho ymmv lrr

Short interview with the babysitter for Quinton and his sibling. She received a text at 5:29am saying that she wouldn't be babysitting today -- then she received another text at 9:00am asking if she had seen Quinton.

According the this interview, the babysitter saw him the day before.

Sept. 7
Police were called to Quinton’s grandparent’s home, where Quinton, his mother, her boyfriend, two other children and the grandparents live.

There was a fight between Quinton’s mom Leilani Simon and her mother Billie Jo Howell, a police report said.
The report said when police officers talked with Leilani’s brother, he told them that Quinton’s mom had a history of stealing and used the money to buy drugs.
Sept. 16
Leilani and Daniel found out about the eviction but WSAV now knows, as recently as last Wednesday the two were still living there.

That gets us to Wednesday, the morning little Quinton was last seen.

At 5:29 a.m., Diana McCarta, who babysits Quinton, got a text message. She told us it was Quinton’s mom saying McCarta didn’t have to watch the kids that morning.

Police told us the boyfriend —who we know now is Daniel Youngkin — left for work at 6 a.m. Police say that’s the last time Quinton was seen.

At 9 a.m., another text to McCarta — this time from a grandparent — asking if she had seen the toddler. The 9-1-1 call to report Quinton missing was placed 42 minutes later.
More at the link - I had to stay within copyright rule.

WSAV is trying to get the 911 call, no response from LE yet. Mother Leilani told LE that Quinton's father took him (major red flag IMO). Sept 7 fight apparently was over laundry.

Quick question and forgive me if this has been covered. So the babysitter normally watches Quinton and his 3 yo brother even if the mom is not working. Who watches the 5 mo old baby if mom is working? I just don’t get much of a feeling mom is working, and I don’t know about DY - we believe the baby to be his bio child, yes? Does he work?

The grandmother not yet having custody of the infant might not have a say as to who is watching the baby, but I absolutely understand why she’d want the older 2 boys to be with the babysitter whether mom/bf are home or working, unfortunately.

All just questions, speculation and MOO

The boyfriend works, according to this article. It says he left for work at 6:00am the day of Quinton's disappearance, which was when he said he last saw Quinton.

The boyfriend works, according to this article. It says he left for work at 6:00am the day of Quinton's disappearance, which was when he said he last saw Quinton.

Thank you!

We don’t know yet if Q‘s mom worked as far as I can tell. I just have been praying for a miracle.
IMO

Thank you!

We don’t know yet if Q‘s mom worked as far as I can tell. I just have been praying for a miracle.
IMO

Mom was not working, and not looking for work.

"Billie Jo, Lelani's mother, said in the document "They have damaged my property and at this point no one is living in peace." She added that her daughter wasn't looking for work and that she wanted Lelani and Daniel out "as soon as possible.""

This is just so sad. I can’t believe they haven’t found this baby yet. I think most of us know what the likely outcome will be, and my heart is broken thinking of this grandmother and what she is facing, not to mention what little Q may have endured. I pray we are all wrong.

Sept. 7
Police were called to Quinton’s grandparent’s home, where Quinton, his mother, her boyfriend, two other children and the grandparents live.

There was a fight between Quinton’s mom Leilani Simon and her mother Billie Jo Howell, a police report said.
The report said when police officers talked with Leilani’s brother, he told them that Quinton’s mom had a history of stealing and used the money to buy drugs.
Sept. 16
Leilani and Daniel found out about the eviction but WSAV now knows, as recently as last Wednesday the two were still living there.

That gets us to Wednesday, the morning little Quinton was last seen.

At 5:29 a.m., Diana McCarta, who babysits Quinton, got a text message. She told us it was Quinton’s mom saying McCarta didn’t have to watch the kids that morning.

Police told us the boyfriend —who we know now is Daniel Youngkin — left for work at 6 a.m. Police say that’s the last time Quinton was seen.

At 9 a.m., another text to McCarta — this time from a grandparent — asking if she had seen the toddler. The 9-1-1 call to report Quinton missing was placed 42 minutes later.
More at the link - I had to stay within copyright rule.

WSAV is trying to get the 911 call, no response from LE yet. Mother Leilani told LE that Quinton's father took him (major red flag IMO). Sept 7 fight apparently was over laundry.
So the grandmother also wanted the two little boys she was fostering out also?

So the grandmother also wanted the two little boys she was fostering out also?
I think that report is misleading; the grandmother has clearly said she has custody of two of the kids. IMO some reporter misstated the court docs in an early news article and it keeps being repeated in subsequent articles.

Court documents reveal that a missing Georgia toddler’s grandmother and her husband have legal custody of him and his 3-year-old brother and that the grandmother had filed last month to evict her daughter and her boyfriend from the house where they all lived.
In court documents obtained by WJCL, Billie Jo Howell, Lelani Simon’s mother, wrote that her daughter and boyfriend, Daniel Youngkin, “have damaged my property and at this point no one is living in peace.” She said that Lelani Simon wasn’t looking for work and she wanted the two out “as soon as possible.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog