Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember the case of Semaj Crosby out of Joliet Township in Chicago? She was 17mo old, went missing from her residence. People were in and out the house all the time, and no one saw anything. Police searched and searched. Not one clue. Until DAYS later when the couch was searched and her little body was found. She had been killed and stuffed underneath it. That happened 5yrs ago.

I'm reminded of Elaina Steinfurth from Toledo OH. She was 19 mo old and found in a box in the garage. Her mother tried to lure LE to the river by placing a dirty diaper of Elaina's there. 9 years ago.
So sad.

I know Harmony Montgomery was older and her case is different, but that's who first came to my mind.

God bless these grandparents.

I don't foresee a happy ending here no matter how Quinton went missing; too much time has already elapsed.

IMO

I see where you got that - the title could be mistaken for Savannah being a name. But it's actually the city where Quinton lives, Savannah Georgia. It's a cool place, full of beautiful historic houses.

I'm still trying to figure out Quinton's mom's name - is it Leilani or Lelani? I may have misspelled it earlier.
Thank you!

So the babysitter had a text at 5.29am and the boyfriend left for work at 6am.

I would hypothetically be interested to know what his route to work is like.
Good question.
I wonder if he had a car to drive to work or if he got a ride or took a bus, etc?

Reason being, it is also said that Q's mom was possibly driving a car that morning after her bf went to work. It is hard for me to believe they had 2 cars between them, but maybe they did.

Good question.
I wonder if he had a car to drive to work or if he got a ride or took a bus, etc?

Reason being, it is also said that Q's mom was possibly driving a car that morning after her bf went to work. It is hard for me to believe they had 2 cars between them, but maybe they did.
I hadn't read that the mom was possibly driving around that morning. If as he said, the bf saw Quinton at 6 AM then left for work by his usual means which can be verified, that would seem to clear him of any knowledge of the disappearance. The mom is the one who made the calls to the babysitter and told LE that Quinton's father had taken him. All conjecture and MOO.

According to this article the 5:29 text to the babysitter was from Leilani and the 9:00 am text was from a grandparent.

According to this article the 5:29 text to the babysitter was from Leilani and the 9:00 am text was from a grandparent.

I saw that too, and I was surprised to see it because the grandmother said that she heard Quinton was missing when she received a call from the babysitter. So, the text couldn't have been sent by the grandmother and therefore must have been sent by the grandfather. If the grandfather (who was out of town at the time) had been notified, doesn't it seem that he would have contacted his wife? Maybe he thought that Quinton would be found quickly and didn't want to worry her -- or maybe she thought he was at home keeping an eye on things. The family dynamics are a tangled web.

Last edited:
Missing children cases are just the hardest, they absolutely break my heart. Things don't appear positive, but I don't want to believe something horrible has happened to this sweet baby boy.

The family dynamics here are very strange IMO.

Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED; corrected info in GRAY

around 2019
Q's older brother, Z, born - current age "around 3" (18 @ 1:35)

around Feb 2021
Q born - current age 20 months (14)

around Jul 2021 ("since Q was five months old")
Grandmother BH awarded custody of Q and Q's older brother (14)

around Apr 2022 ("about six months ago")
Babysitter DM begins watching Q & Z (9 @ 0:28)

sometime in 2022 ("within the past couple of months")
Mother LS moved in with her mother BH and Q's younger sister was born (14)

Wed Sep 7
Mother LS called police during argument with Grandmother BH; LS stated she was on probation and didn't want trouble; LS's brother stated that LS has history of stealing to buy drugs (22)

Thu Sep 8
Grandmother BH files eviction notice for Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY, stating that they damaged her property (22)

Fri Sep 16
Sheriff's office mailed Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

sometime in Sep 2022
Grandmother BH leaves for 3-week work assignment in IL; hopes to get back before evicted daughter LS and daughter's boyfriend DY move out (14)

around Mon Sep 26 - Sat Oct 1
believed that Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY received eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

Tue Oct 4
Babysitter DM watched Q & Z, who then went home that night (9 @ 0:30)

Wedn Oct 5: LAST REPORTED SIGHTING / DAY ONE OF SEARCH
  • 5:29AM - Babysitter DM received text [from Mother LS (22)] that she would not be babysitting Q & Z that morning (9 @ 0:44)
  • 6:00AM - LAST REPORTED SIGHTING (1) by mother's boyfriend DY (14) when he left for work that morning (22); According to step-grandfather TH (who owns the house but was out of town; wife is still driving in from out of state), people at home at the time: mother, mother's boyfriend, 3 kids, mother's brother (7)
  • 9:00AM - Babysitter DM receives text [from a grandparent (22)] asking if she's seen them, but when she tried to help search, she was turned away (9 @ 1:03)
  • [TIME?] - Grandmother BH learned about Q's disappearance from phone call from Babysitter DM (14)
  • 9:30AM (14) 9:39AM (17 @ 2:55) - Reported missing to authorities by mother (1) who said he'd been in his playpen (5)
  • 9:42AM - LE dispatched to residence (1), searched home (4)
  • 12:34PM - LE state they are searching area on foot with a drone and K9 unit (1)
  • 2:04PM - LE state they are shutting down Chatham Parkway, Louis B Mills, and Buckhalter Rd to continue search (1)
  • 2:48PM - LE state that Buckhalter Rd was reopened (1)
  • around 3PM - Step-grandfather TH arrived home from out of town (16 @ 0:02)
  • 3:33PM - LE state that Chief met with media - nothing to indicate abduction; "does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating"; have responded to two calls for service at the home in the last two years (neither for missing child) (2)
  • 5:58PM - @BrettWSAV states FBI assisting (6)
  • 6:52PM - LE state ground search continues; plan to search with helicopter and heat-seeking tech (2)
  • [TIME?] - Dive team also on scene (7)
  • 10:08PM - LE state 75 LE officers and volunteers combed area (2)
  • [TIME?] - LE secured search warrant for residence (10 @ 1:15)
  • PM - FBI Evidence Response Team & Chatham County Police search home with flashlights & cameras (8)
  • PM - LE cruiser remained on scene at residence overnight (14)
  • [TIME?] - LE contacted bio father and "did not believe he was involved" (4) due to the fact he "works very much, very north of here" (10 @ 0:34), despite Q's mom telling Q's grandfather that Q's father came and picked him up (7)
  • [TIME?] - neighbors state they'd seen Q out wandering the home and street in the past (7)

Thur Oct 6: DAY TWO
  • 2:00AM - Search ended for night (17 @ 1:35)
  • 3:30AM - Grandmother BH arrived home (16 @ 0:03) but with crime scene tape up had to stay in motel (14)
  • 5:53AM - LE states no overnight developments (3)
  • 8:00AM - Searching resumed (17 @ 1:35)
  • 10:11AM - FBI on scene with ATVs (11), searching trash cans in neighborhood including babysitter's (12) and locked sheds on grandfather's other property (15)
  • around 11:00 AM - FBI returned to residence after sweep of neighborhood (18 @ 0:54)
  • 11:11AM - LE is "obtaining other search warrants at other locations today" (13)
  • AM - Grandmother BH, who was working out of town in IL, states in phone interview with media "I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times" (14), states on camera, "I don't know what to believe right now... I don't know if I can trust her" (16 @ 1:09)
  • AM - Chief Jeff Hadley states at presser that they are conducting interviews and "downloading phones and things of that nature" today (17 @ 0:35)
  • Neighbors claim Mother LS and Mother's boyfriend DY returned to residence that morning after questioning; arguing is heard throughout the day, including at 6PM as recorded in VIDEO @ timestamp 1:30 (19)
  • PM - Biological father on his way to Savannah from out of town to help search (18 @ 1:50)

Fri Oct 7: DAY THREE
  • 10:00AM - Chief Jeff Hadley gives update as part of Chatham County Commission Meeting - exhausted grid search; still investigating collected phone data and other avenues; still being assisted by FBI (20)
  • 2:00PM - search continues; pond searched with waders & poles (21)
Sat Oct 8: DAY FOUR
  • 8:09AM - CCPD update on SM - still searching along with FBI, no need of volunteers (23)

SOURCES
(1) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(2) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(3) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(4) Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood (APNews - Oct 5)
(5) Search for toddler missing from coastal Georgia neighborhood continues (Fox5 - Oct 5)
(6) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(7) Chatham County police, neighbors search for missing 20-month-old child (WSAV - Oct 5)
(8) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(9) WSAV3 video (Oct 5)
(10) WSAV FB video (Oct 5)
(11) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(12) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(13) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(14) Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning (WTOC - Oct 6)
(15) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(16) Grandparents comment on missing Chatham County toddler VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(17) Chatham County Police Chief gives update on missing toddler search VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(18) @SarahWinkelmann tweet including VIDEO (WTOC - Oct 6)
(19) Toddler Missing More Than 40 Hours, Neighbors Hear Arguments... (WSAV - Oct 6)
(20)
Chatham County Police enters 3rd day in search for missing toddler, Quinton Simon (Fox28 - Oct 7)
(21) Grandparents plead for answers as search for missing Chatham County toddler enters third day (WJCL - Oct 7)
(22) Timeline: What has happened since 20-month-old Quinton Simon went missing (WSAV - Oct 7)
(23) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 8)

MY NOTES/OBSERVATIONS
The messages to and from the Babysitter DM caught my attention. The 9AM message is from "a grandparent," but Grandmother BH stated earlier that she learned that Q was missing from a phone call from DM herself (source 14), so was the phone call from Step-Grandfather DH? Maybe after hearing Mother LS's story about Q's bio-dad taking him (source 7)? Had he called that morning to check up on things (since he was out of town)?

Last edited:
Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED; corrected info in GRAY

around 2019
Q's older brother, Z, born - current age "around 3" (18 @ 1:35)

around Feb 2021
Q born - current age 20 months (14)

around Jul 2021
Grandmother BH awarded custody of Q and Q's older brother (14)

sometime in 2022
Mother LS moved in with her mother BH and Q's younger sister was born (14)

around Apr 2022
Babysitter DM begins watching Q & Z (9 @ 0:28)

Wed Sep 7
Mother LS called police during argument with Grandmother BH; LS stated she was on probation and didn't want trouble; LS's brother stated that LS has history of stealing to buy drugs (22)

Thu Sep 8
Grandmother BH files eviction notice for Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY, stating that they damaged her property (22)

Fri Sep 16
Sheriff's office mailed Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

sometime in Sep 2022
Grandmother BH leaves for 3-week work assignment in IL; hopes to get back before evicted daughter LS and daughter's boyfriend DY move out (14)

around Mon Sep 26 - Sat Oct 1
believed that Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY received eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

Tue Oct 4
Babysitter DM watched Q & Z, who then went home that night (9 @ 0:30)

Wedn Oct 5: LAST REPORTED SIGHTING / DAY ONE OF SEARCH
  • 5:29AM - Babysitter DM received text [from Mother LS (22)] that she would not be babysitting Q & Z that morning (9 @ 0:44)
  • 6:00AM - LAST REPORTED SIGHTING (1) by mother's boyfriend DY (14) when he left for work that morning (22); According to step-grandfather TH (who owns the house but was out of town; wife is still driving in from out of state), people at home at the time: mother, mother's boyfriend, 3 kids, mother's brother (7)
  • 9:00AM - Babysitter DM receives text [from a grandparent (22)] asking if she's seen them, but when she tried to help search, she was turned away (9 @ 1:03)
  • [TIME?] - Grandmother BH learned about Q's disappearance from phone call from Babysitter DM (14)
  • 9:30AM (14) 9:39AM (17 @ 2:55) - Reported missing to authorities by mother (1) who said he'd been in his playpen (5)
  • 9:42AM - LE dispatched to residence (1), searched home (4)
  • 12:34PM - LE state they are searching area on foot with a drone and K9 unit (1)
  • 2:04PM - LE state they are shutting down Chatham Parkway, Louis B Mills, and Buckhalter Rd to continue search (1)
  • 2:48PM - LE state that Buckhalter Rd was reopened (1)
  • around 3PM - Step-grandfather TH arrived home from out of town (16 @ 0:02)
  • 3:33PM - LE state that Chief met with media - nothing to indicate abduction; "does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating"; have responded to two calls for service at the home in the last two years (neither for missing child) (2)
  • 5:58PM - @BrettWSAV states FBI assisting (6)
  • 6:52PM - LE state ground search continues; plan to search with helicopter and heat-seeking tech (2)
  • [TIME?] - Dive team also on scene (7)
  • 10:08PM - LE state 75 LE officers and volunteers combed area (2)
  • [TIME?] - LE secured search warrant for residence (10 @ 1:15)
  • PM - FBI Evidence Response Team & Chatham County Police search home with flashlights & cameras (8)
  • PM - LE cruiser remained on scene at residence overnight (14)
  • [TIME?] - LE contacted bio father and "did not believe he was involved" (4) due to the fact he "works very much, very north of here" (10 @ 0:34), despite Q's mom telling Q's grandfather that Q's father came and picked him up (7)
  • [TIME?] - neighbors state they'd seen Q out wandering the home and street in the past (7)

Thur Oct 6: DAY TWO
  • 2:00AM - Search ended for night (17 @ 1:35)
  • 3:30AM - Grandmother BH arrived home (16 @ 0:03) but with crime scene tape up had to stay in motel (14)
  • 5:53AM - LE states no overnight developments (3)
  • 8:00AM - Searching resumed (17 @ 1:35)
  • 10:11AM - FBI on scene with ATVs (11), searching trash cans in neighborhood including babysitter's (12) and locked sheds on grandfather's other property (15)
  • around 11:00 AM - FBI returned to residence after sweep of neighborhood (18 @ 0:54)
  • 11:11AM - LE is "obtaining other search warrants at other locations today" (13)
  • AM - Grandmother BH, who was working out of town in IL, states in phone interview with media "I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times" (14), states on camera, "I don't know what to believe right now... I don't know if I can trust her" (16 @ 1:09)
  • AM - Chief Jeff Hadley states at presser that they are conducting interviews and "downloading phones and things of that nature" today (17 @ 0:35)
  • Neighbors claim Mother LS and Mother's boyfriend DY returned to residence that morning after questioning; arguing is heard throughout the day, including at 6PM as recorded in VIDEO @ timestamp 1:30 (19)
  • PM - Biological father on his way to Savannah from out of town to help search (18 @ 1:50)

Fri Oct 7: DAY THREE
  • 10:00AM - Chief Jeff Hadley gives update as part of Chatham County Commission Meeting - exhausted grid search; still investigating collected phone data and other avenues; still being assisted by FBI (20)
  • 2:00PM - search continues; pond searched with waders & poles (21)
Sat Oct 8: DAY FOUR
  • 8:09AM - CCPD update on SM - still searching along with FBI, no need of volunteers (23)

SOURCES
(1) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(2) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(3) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(4) Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood (APNews - Oct 5)
(5) Search for toddler missing from coastal Georgia neighborhood continues (Fox5 - Oct 5)
(6) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(7) Chatham County police, neighbors search for missing 20-month-old child (WSAV - Oct 5)
(8) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(9) WSAV3 video (Oct 5)
(10) WSAV FB video (Oct 5)
(11) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(12) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(13) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(14) Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning (WTOC - Oct 6)
(15) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(16) Grandparents comment on missing Chatham County toddler VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(17) Chatham County Police Chief gives update on missing toddler search VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(18) @SarahWinkelmann tweet including VIDEO (WTOC - Oct 6)
(19) Toddler Missing More Than 40 Hours, Neighbors Hear Arguments... (WSAV - Oct 6)
(20)
Chatham County Police enters 3rd day in search for missing toddler, Quinton Simon (Fox28 - Oct 7)
(21) Grandparents plead for answers as search for missing Chatham County toddler enters third day (WJCL - Oct 7)
(22) Timeline: What has happened since 20-month-old Quinton Simon went missing (WSAV - Oct 7)
(23) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 8)

MY NOTES/OBSERVATIONS
The messages to and from the Babysitter DM caught my attention. The 9AM message is from "a grandparent," but Grandmother BH stated earlier that she learned that Q was missing from a phone call from DM herself (source 14), so was the phone call from Step-Grandfather DH? Maybe after hearing Mother LS's story about Q's bio-dad taking him (source 7)? Had he called that morning to check up on things (since he was out of town)?
Thank you so very much for creating this and keeping it updated!

I saw that too, and I was surprised to see it because the grandmother said that she heard Quinton was missing when she received a call from the babysitter. So, the text couldn't have been sent by the grandmother and therefore must have been sent by the grandfather. If the grandfather (who was out of town at the time) had been notified, doesn't it seem that he would have contacted his wife? Maybe he thought that Quinton would be found quickly and didn't want to worry her -- or maybe she thought he was at home keeping an eye on things. The family dynamics are a tangled web.
Just speculating but maybe grandma texted the babysitter to check that the children were okay and in her presence and then instead of texting grandma back she placed a call to state that she was told the children wouldn't be coming that day.
I've been known to receive a text and immediately call that person because my answer would be too long. I don't know...

Just speculating but maybe grandma texted the babysitter to check that the children were okay and in her presence and then instead of texting grandma back she placed a call to state that she was told the children wouldn't be coming that day.
I've been known to receive a text and immediately call that person because my answer would be too long. I don't know...

Yes, but the babysitter said that the babysitter called her to tell her that Quinton was missing and she left immediately for home.

We must be missing something in the timeline. I can't make sense of it without more coffee.

Good question.

They lived with her mom, maybe she took her Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member