Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who initially called 911? Was it the grandparent, babysitter, mom or boyfriend?
From the same link:

CCPD dispatched at 9:42 am this morning to Quinton Simon's residence, where his mother reported him missing.

ETA: Not clear who exactly called 911, but the mother made the report.

Last edited:
SAVANNAH, Ga. - Police are searching a coastal Georgia neighborhood for a toddler whose mother called 911 saying the boy was missing when she woke up.

Chatham County Police Chief Jeff Hadley said the mother told officers that 20-month-old Quinton Simon had been in his playpen before he went missing Wednesday morning.

Bumping this for reference of initial reports.

The last time anyone saw Quinton (outside of mother & her bf) was the babysitter on the evening of the 4th?

I know the step grandfather was out-of-town when Quinton went missing. Do we know if this was a day trip or was he away overnight?

According to this article the 5:29 text to the babysitter was from Leilani and the 9:00 am text was from a grandparent.
That is so weird cause I swear in the beginning Grandma said the babysitter was who advised her that Quinton was missing.
Maybe the wording is what is throw us all off. Saying "Have you seen Quinton?" Makes us think she was already aware the little one was missing but maybe it was more of like "have you seen the kids yet?" or "how is Quinton today?"

There seem to be many conflicting reports across mainstream media about what the babysitter said.
Its my opinion that she has made clear who contacted her and when, but to see what she has said in her own words it might be prudent to search her name,possibly somehwhere like fb, under posts.
Agreed.

I have not seen any reports concerning the whereabouts of the: year old older brother on the morning in question. It is likely that he shared a room with Q. Was he with Q in the playpen? Still asleep somewhere else? The step-grandfather has stated that the older child could open doors. Could the older child have helped Q escape?

Like others, I suspect something nefarious has happened, but I have not completely excluded a coverup of an accident.

I know Harmony Montgomery was older and her case is different, but that's who first came to my mind.

God bless these grandparents.

I don't foresee a happy ending here no matter how Quinton went missing; too much time has already elapsed.

IMO
Unfortunately, I remember so many innocent children missing.

I have not seen any reports concerning the whereabouts of the: year old older brother on the morning in question. It is likely that he shared a room with Q. Was he with Q in the playpen? Still asleep somewhere else? The step-grandfather has stated that the older child could open doors. Could the older child have helped Q escape?

Like others, I suspect something nefarious has happened, but I have not completely excluded a coverup of an accident.
I have not excluded coverup of an accident either, but I don't believe the older child, who is apparently about 3, had any part in an accident. I think anyone participating in any kind of accident coverup was probably part of the reason there was an accident that someone felt needed to be covered up. JMO

Last edited:
I have not excluded coverup of an accident either, but I don't believe the older child, who is maybe 3-4, had any part in one. I think anyone participating in any kind of accident coverup was probably part of the reason there was an accident that needed to be covered up. JMO
Three to four year old kids like to talk. They talk up a storm. I truly hope that LE has interviewed this little boy.

How do we know it was the same time?
JMO, I should have put that in my post. However, babysitter was notified around five thirty that her services was not needed and boyfriend was reportedly the last one to see him at 6 am prior to going to work. I guess I need to open myself to other scenarios about the time period between when he left for work and the time that the mother (around 9 am) realized he was missing. I'll try very hard to do this. LOL

IMO life has to be pretty bad if you have to cover up an accidental death of a child and can't be honest and grieve.

Agreed. But people do, when they know they are guilty of neglect, or maybe they wanted a child to just sleep through one night and gave them a dose of cold medicine,thinking just once won't hurt,or even if they had done it before and nothing happened those times, or perhaps they took something that incapacitated them and they weren't taking care of a child they should've been.
People get scared of the consequences and end up doing something much, much worse to try and cover up their negligence :(.
The saddest thing is,people would be much more understanding of the truth even if a caregiver was at fault.

No news… :(

Simon was last seen at home around 6 a.m. Wednesday by his mother's boyfriend, Hadley said. His mother reported the child missing around 9:40 a.m. after waking up later that morning, he said.

Hadley told the Chatham County Commission on Friday that police have now "exhausted" the grid search of where the child might have wandered.

"We've tried to use every available resource that we can that makes sense within the scope of our investigation to try to get a better understanding of what's happened to little Quinton," Hadley said, noting that police still consider this a missing person's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1