Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't read that the mom was possibly driving around that morning. If as he said, the bf saw Quinton at 6 AM then left for work by his usual means which can be verified, that would seem to clear him of any knowledge of the disappearance. The mom is the one who made the calls to the babysitter and told LE that Quinton's father had taken him. All conjecture and MOO.

But the mom called the babysittter at 5:29, half an hour before her bf left to work. Why would she call the babysitter off if Quinton was at that moment all healthy and alive?

According to this article the 5:29 text to the babysitter was from Leilani and the 9:00 am text was from a grandparent.
A lot of the articles as of late seem poorly written as to facts. (Important facts) If this is correct...

"The WSAV Investigative Unit asked Chatham County Police for that call and so far they haven’t responded to our request.
WSAV knows from the family, Leilani told police that Quinton’s father took the child. The family said that story didn’t make sense and by 2:30 that afternoon, police said the father wasn’t involved."

It would lead me to believe a grandparent was the one to call the police.

Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED; corrected info in GRAY

around 2019
Q's older brother, Z, born - current age "around 3" (18 @ 1:35)

around Feb 2021
Q born - current age 20 months (14)

around Jul 2021
Grandmother BH awarded custody of Q and Q's older brother (14)

sometime in 2022
Mother LS moved in with her mother BH and Q's younger sister was born (14)

around Apr 2022
Babysitter DM begins watching Q & Z (9 @ 0:28)

Wed Sep 7
Mother LS called police during argument with Grandmother BH; LS stated she was on probation and didn't want trouble; LS's brother stated that LS has history of stealing to buy drugs (22)

Thu Sep 8
Grandmother BH files eviction notice for Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY, stating that they damaged her property (22)

Fri Sep 16
Sheriff's office mailed Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

sometime in Sep 2022
Grandmother BH leaves for 3-week work assignment in IL; hopes to get back before evicted daughter LS and daughter's boyfriend DY move out (14)

around Mon Sep 26 - Sat Oct 1
believed that Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY received eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

Tue Oct 4
Babysitter DM watched Q & Z, who then went home that night (9 @ 0:30)

Wedn Oct 5: LAST REPORTED SIGHTING / DAY ONE OF SEARCH
  • 5:29AM - Babysitter DM received text [from Mother LS (22)] that she would not be babysitting Q & Z that morning (9 @ 0:44)
  • 6:00AM - LAST REPORTED SIGHTING (1) by mother's boyfriend DY (14) when he left for work that morning (22); According to step-grandfather TH (who owns the house but was out of town; wife is still driving in from out of state), people at home at the time: mother, mother's boyfriend, 3 kids, mother's brother (7)
  • 9:00AM - Babysitter DM receives text [from a grandparent (22)] asking if she's seen them, but when she tried to help search, she was turned away (9 @ 1:03)
  • [TIME?] - Grandmother BH learned about Q's disappearance from phone call from Babysitter DM (14)
  • 9:30AM (14) 9:39AM (17 @ 2:55) - Reported missing to authorities by mother (1) who said he'd been in his playpen (5)
  • 9:42AM - LE dispatched to residence (1), searched home (4)
  • 12:34PM - LE state they are searching area on foot with a drone and K9 unit (1)
  • 2:04PM - LE state they are shutting down Chatham Parkway, Louis B Mills, and Buckhalter Rd to continue search (1)
  • 2:48PM - LE state that Buckhalter Rd was reopened (1)
  • around 3PM - Step-grandfather TH arrived home from out of town (16 @ 0:02)
  • 3:33PM - LE state that Chief met with media - nothing to indicate abduction; "does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating"; have responded to two calls for service at the home in the last two years (neither for missing child) (2)
  • 5:58PM - @BrettWSAV states FBI assisting (6)
  • 6:52PM - LE state ground search continues; plan to search with helicopter and heat-seeking tech (2)
  • [TIME?] - Dive team also on scene (7)
  • 10:08PM - LE state 75 LE officers and volunteers combed area (2)
  • [TIME?] - LE secured search warrant for residence (10 @ 1:15)
  • PM - FBI Evidence Response Team & Chatham County Police search home with flashlights & cameras (8)
  • PM - LE cruiser remained on scene at residence overnight (14)
  • [TIME?] - LE contacted bio father and "did not believe he was involved" (4) due to the fact he "works very much, very north of here" (10 @ 0:34), despite Q's mom telling Q's grandfather that Q's father came and picked him up (7)
  • [TIME?] - neighbors state they'd seen Q out wandering the home and street in the past (7)

Thur Oct 6: DAY TWO
  • 2:00AM - Search ended for night (17 @ 1:35)
  • 3:30AM - Grandmother BH arrived home (16 @ 0:03) but with crime scene tape up had to stay in motel (14)
  • 5:53AM - LE states no overnight developments (3)
  • 8:00AM - Searching resumed (17 @ 1:35)
  • 10:11AM - FBI on scene with ATVs (11), searching trash cans in neighborhood including babysitter's (12) and locked sheds on grandfather's other property (15)
  • around 11:00 AM - FBI returned to residence after sweep of neighborhood (18 @ 0:54)
  • 11:11AM - LE is "obtaining other search warrants at other locations today" (13)
  • AM - Grandmother BH, who was working out of town in IL, states in phone interview with media "I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times" (14), states on camera, "I don't know what to believe right now... I don't know if I can trust her" (16 @ 1:09)
  • AM - Chief Jeff Hadley states at presser that they are conducting interviews and "downloading phones and things of that nature" today (17 @ 0:35)
  • Neighbors claim Mother LS and Mother's boyfriend DY returned to residence that morning after questioning; arguing is heard throughout the day, including at 6PM as recorded in VIDEO @ timestamp 1:30 (19)
  • PM - Biological father on his way to Savannah from out of town to help search (18 @ 1:50)

Fri Oct 7: DAY THREE
  • 10:00AM - Chief Jeff Hadley gives update as part of Chatham County Commission Meeting - exhausted grid search; still investigating collected phone data and other avenues; still being assisted by FBI (20)
  • 2:00PM - search continues; pond searched with waders & poles (21)
Sat Oct 8: DAY FOUR
  • 8:09AM - CCPD update on SM - still searching along with FBI, no need of volunteers (23)

SOURCES
(1) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(2) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(3) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(4) Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood (APNews - Oct 5)
(5) Search for toddler missing from coastal Georgia neighborhood continues (Fox5 - Oct 5)
(6) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(7) Chatham County police, neighbors search for missing 20-month-old child (WSAV - Oct 5)
(8) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(9) WSAV3 video (Oct 5)
(10) WSAV FB video (Oct 5)
(11) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(12) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(13) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(14) Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning (WTOC - Oct 6)
(15) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(16) Grandparents comment on missing Chatham County toddler VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(17) Chatham County Police Chief gives update on missing toddler search VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(18) @SarahWinkelmann tweet including VIDEO (WTOC - Oct 6)
(19) Toddler Missing More Than 40 Hours, Neighbors Hear Arguments... (WSAV - Oct 6)
(20)
Chatham County Police enters 3rd day in search for missing toddler, Quinton Simon (Fox28 - Oct 7)
(21) Grandparents plead for answers as search for missing Chatham County toddler enters third day (WJCL - Oct 7)
(22) Timeline: What has happened since 20-month-old Quinton Simon went missing (WSAV - Oct 7)
(23) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 8)

MY NOTES/OBSERVATIONS
The messages to and from the Babysitter DM caught my attention. The 9AM message is from "a grandparent," but Grandmother BH stated earlier that she learned that Q was missing from a phone call from DM herself (source 14), so was the phone call from Step-Grandfather DH? Maybe after hearing Mother LS's story about Q's bio-dad taking him (source 7)? Had he called that morning to check up on things (since he was out of town)?
OMGosh, what gold you have created here. THANK YOU. Video #22 is disturbing.

A lot of the articles as of late seem poorly written as to facts. (Important facts) If this is correct...

"The WSAV Investigative Unit asked Chatham County Police for that call and so far they haven’t responded to our request.
WSAV knows from the family, Leilani told police that Quinton’s father took the child. The family said that story didn’t make sense and by 2:30 that afternoon, police said the father wasn’t involved."

It would lead me to believe a grandparent was the one to call the police.
emphasis mine.
I was under the assumption that L's stepdad was told that the bio dad picked up Quinton ?
But he only said that (paraphrased) "...it didn't add up.".
Hmmm...
Most likely LE are several steps ahead of the public.
M00.

around 2019

around Feb 2021

around Jul 2021 ("since Q was five months old")

around Apr 2022 ("about six months ago")

sometime in 2022 ("within the past couple of months")

Wed Sep 7
Mother LS called police during argument with Grandmother BH; LS stated she was on probation and didn't want trouble; LS's brother stated that LS has history of stealing to buy drugs (22)

Thu Sep 8
Grandmother BH files eviction notice for Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY, stating that they damaged her property (22)

Fri Sep 16
Sheriff's office mailed Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

sometime in Sep 2022
Grandmother BH leaves for 3-week work assignment in IL; hopes to get back before evicted daughter LS and daughter's boyfriend DY move out (14)

believed that Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY received eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

Tue Oct 4

• 5:29AM - Babysitter DM received text [from Mother LS (22)] that she would not be babysitting Q & Z that morning (9 @ 0:44)
  • 6:00AM - LAST REPORTED SIGHTING (1) by mother's boyfriend DY (14) when he left for work that morning (22); According to step-grandfather TH (who owns the house but was out of town; wife is still driving in from out of state), people at home at the time: mother, mother's boyfriend, 3 kids, mother's brother (7)
  • 9:00AM - Babysitter DM receives text [from a grandparent (22)] asking if she's seen them, but when she tried to help search, she was turned away (9 @ 1:03)
  • [TIME?] - Grandmother BH learned about Q's disappearance from phone call from Babysitter DM (14)
  • 9:30AM (14) 9:39AM (17 @ 2:55) - Reported missing to authorities by mother (1) who said he'd been in his playpen (5)
  • 12:34PM - LE state they are searching area on foot with a drone and K9 unit (1)
  • 2:04PM - LE state they are shutting down Chatham Parkway, Louis B Mills, and Buckhalter Rd to continue search (1)
  • 3:33PM - LE state that Chief met with media - nothing to indicate abduction; "does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating"; have responded to two calls for service at the home in the last two years (neither for missing child) (2)
  • 6:52PM - LE state ground search continues; plan to search with helicopter and heat-seeking tech (2)
  • PM - FBI Evidence Response Team & Chatham County Police search home with flashlights & cameras (8)
  • [TIME?] - LE contacted bio father and "did not believe he was involved" (4) due to the fact he "works very much, very north of here" (10 @ 0:34), despite Q's mom telling Q's grandfather that Q's father came and picked him up (7)
  • [TIME?] - neighbors state they'd seen Q out wandering the home and street in the past (7)

• 3:30AM - Grandmother BH arrived home (16 @ 0:03) but with crime scene tape up had to stay in motel (14)
  • 10:11AM - FBI on scene with ATVs (11), searching trash cans in neighborhood including babysitter's (12) and locked sheds on grandfather's other property (15)
  • around 11:00 AM - FBI returned to residence after sweep of neighborhood (18 @ 0:54)
  • 11:11AM - LE is "obtaining other search warrants at other locations today" (13)
  • AM - Grandmother BH, who was working out of town in IL, states in phone interview with media "I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times" (14), states on camera, "I don't know what to believe right now... I don't know if I can trust her" (16 @ 1:09)
  • AM - Chief Jeff Hadley states at presser that they are conducting interviews and "downloading phones and things of that nature" today (17 @ 0:35)
  • Neighbors claim Mother LS and Mother's boyfriend DY returned to residence that morning after questioning; arguing is heard throughout the day, including at 6PM as recorded in VIDEO @ timestamp 1:30 (19)
  • PM - Biological father on his way to Savannah from out of town to help search (18 @ 1:50)

• 10:00AM - Chief Jeff Hadley gives update as part of Chatham County Commission Meeting - exhausted grid search; still investigating collected phone data and other avenues; still being assisted by FBI (20)
  • 8:09AM - CCPD update on SM - still searching along with FBI, no need of volunteers (23)

SOURCES
(4) Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood (APNews - Oct 5)
(5) Search for toddler missing from coastal Georgia neighborhood continues (Fox5 - Oct 5)
(7) Chatham County police, neighbors search for missing 20-month-old child (WSAV - Oct 5)
(9) WSAV3 video (Oct 5)
(14) Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning (WTOC - Oct 6)
(16) Grandparents comment on missing Chatham County toddler VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(17) Chatham County Police Chief gives update on missing toddler search VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(19) Toddler Missing More Than 40 Hours, Neighbors Hear Arguments... (WSAV - Oct 6)
(20)
Chatham County Police enters 3rd day in search for missing toddler, Quinton Simon (Fox28 - Oct 7)
(21) Grandparents plead for answers as search for missing Chatham County toddler enters third day (WJCL - Oct 7)
(22) Timeline: What has happened since 20-month-old Quinton Simon went missing (WSAV - Oct 7)

MY NOTES/OBSERVATIONS
The messages to and from the Babysitter DM caught my attention. The 9AM message is from "a grandparent," but Grandmother BH stated earlier that she learned that Q was missing from a phone call from DM herself (source 14), so was the phone call from Step-Grandfather DH? Maybe after hearing Mother LS's story about Q's bio-dad taking him (source 7)? Had he called that morning to check up on things (since he was out of town)?
Thanks so much for the timeline, @wnk !
You rock !

I know Harmony Montgomery was older and her case is different, but that's who first came to my mind.

God bless these grandparents.

I don't foresee a happy ending here no matter how Quinton went missing; too much time has already elapsed.

IMO

I'm not giving up hope yet. We've had a lot of miracles happen. Here's one.

A missing Grimes County boy has been found after being reported missing for four days.
Christopher Ramirez, 3, was found near the Crown Ranch subdivision.

There seem to be many conflicting reports across mainstream media about what the babysitter said.
Its my opinion that she has made clear who contacted her and when, but to see what she has said in her own words it might be prudent to search her name,possibly somehwhere like fb, under posts.

I was wracking my brain this morning, trying to think of another case where a child under 2 disappeared for this long. Under their own steam - non abduction.

I didn't follow this case, but a two year old Rainn Peterson, disappeared for five days and was found alive in a field, a mile from her home. Quinton seems so tiny, do you all feel he is mobile enough to get that far? The circumstances seem to point to a bad ending, due to XYZ at home, but trying to think outside the box.

There seem to be many conflicting reports across mainstream media about what the babysitter said.
Its my opinion that she has made clear who contacted her and when, but to see what she has said in her own words it might be prudent to search her name,possibly somehwhere like fb, under posts.
I watched a video a day or two ago, she was standing on her front porch speaking to a reporter. She didn't waiver in her timeline and what she stated (5:30 AM text message from Leilani). Seemed to be a very kind person. Why is that in dispute?

I was wracking my brain this morning, trying to think of another case where a child under 2 disappeared for this long. Under their own steam - non abduction.

I didn't follow this case, but a two year old Rainn Peterson, disappeared for five days and was found alive in a field, a mile from her home. Quinton seems so tiny, do you all feel he is mobile enough to get that far? The circumstances seem to point to a bad ending, due to XYZ at home, but trying to think outside the box.

We do know that the neighbors were worried about him going up and down the road.
Have we gotten a description of Quinton? Maybe I just missed or forgot it?

I would assume LE has verified the bf's statement as to going to work. Where he worked, how he got there, searched all the vehicles. He could have dropped/dumped Quinton anywhere along that route.
What about garbage pickup? Has any article or news report talked about K9's/cadaver dogs and tracking Quinton's scent?
If the mom was seen driving after that, I would hope that vehicle has been searched and her phone tracked.
I hope Quinton's older sibling has been spoken with.
Does CPS or similar take the children while this is investigated?

We do know that the neighbors were worried about him going up and down the road.
Have we gotten a description of Quinton? Maybe I just missed or forgot it?
RBBM

From the link below:
———————————————————————
MISSING CHILD
20-month-old Quinton Simon has been missing from his home in the 500 block of Buckhalter since 6 a.m. this morning. Reported missing at 9 a.m. Wearing a light blue Sesame Street shirt and black pants. Call 9-1-1 with info. More details will be released as we get them.

RBBM

From the link below:
———————————————————————
MISSING CHILD
20-month-old Quinton Simon has been missing from his home in the 500 block of Buckhalter since 6 a.m. this morning. Reported missing at 9 a.m. Wearing a light blue Sesame Street shirt and black pants. Call 9-1-1 with info. More details will be released as we get them.
Thanks. I did know that. I was looking for height and weight.

I would assume LE has verified the bf's statement as to going to work. Where he worked, how he got there, searched all the vehicles. He could have dropped/dumped Quinton anywhere along that route.
What about garbage pickup? Has any article or news report talked about K9's/cadaver dogs and tracking Quinton's scent?
If the mom was seen driving after that, I would hope that vehicle has been searched and her phone tracked.
I hope Quinton's older sibling has been spoken with.
Does CPS or similar take the children while this is investigated?

CPS might leave the other children under the grandparents' care if the mother and bf were out of the house. We don't have the answer to this question, so it's unknown at this time if the two other kids are still in the house.

around 2019

around Feb 2021

around Jul 2021 ("since Q was five months old")

around Apr 2022 ("about six months ago")

sometime in 2022 ("within the past couple of months")

Wed Sep 7

Thu Sep 8

Fri Sep 16

sometime in Sep 2022

Tue Oct 4

SOURCES
(9) WSAV3 video (Oct 5)
(20)

MY NOTES/OBSERVATIONS
This is the best timeline layout I have seen. I like the added Source index with links. Must have taken hours to accomplish.

"There's a very sequential process that takes place here," Hadley said Friday. "It may be frustrating to the general public, it may be frustrating to y'all that things aren't developing as quickly as you may like. But we've got to make sure that we're doing the right thing, that we're being lawful, making sure we dot our I's and cross our T's. So that if we discover evidence, it can be admissible in court and we can use it in court if we have to."

Police say a search has been conducted of the home, the backyard pool and a nearby pond.

Because of the possibility the case could be an abduction, the FBI is involved, scouring the area by land and air looking for any signs of life.
IMO the chief's statement sends a strong message that LE isn't fooling around.

Also, in Rainn Peterson's case (thanks @Knox!) the police chief was very suspicious that she didn't just wander off and that someone hid her for 24 hours. An apple and cigarette butt was found in the vicinity and LE was able to get DNA off the butt. They weren't able to make a match so the case just quietly went away. At least Rainn is healthy and thriving today.

I mention Rainn because in her case the mother and great grandmother were also at odds.

RBBM

From the link below:
———————————————————————
MISSING CHILD
Who initially called 911? Was it the grandparent, babysitter, mom or boyfriend?

I watched a video a day or two ago, she was standing on her front porch speaking to a reporter. She didn't waiver in her timeline and what she stated (5:30 AM text message from Leilani). Seemed to be a very kind person. Why is that in dispute?
She is on record stating that boyfriend text her at 5.29am yet in other reports she is stating mother sent that text. Which is it?
Strange imo and not helpful to the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member