Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, I should have put that in my post. However, babysitter was notified around five thirty that her services was not needed and boyfriend was reportedly the last one to see him at 6 am prior to going to work. I guess I need to open myself to other scenarios about the time period between when he left for work and the time that the mother (around 9 am) realized he was missing. I'll try very hard to do this. LOL
No worries. Just wondering. But that does make the sense.

Good question.
I wonder if he had a car to drive to work or if he got a ride or took a bus, etc?

Reason being, it is also said that Q's mom was possibly driving a car that morning after her bf went to work. It is hard for me to believe they had 2 cars between them, but maybe they did.
Was she really driving somewhere that morning? Mmmmmf, that sounds ominous and possibly worrisome. Did a neighbor notice if she did? SMH. If there had been an argument that neighbors could hear the day before or whenever -- just hearing the shouting, etc. -- maybe a neighbor was keeping an eye on the house and noticed it. SMH.
As to access to a vehicle, maybe one of the grandparents had a vehicle there and she took it.
Damm, who knoze? Hoping LE is piling up some facts...

Good question.
I wonder if he had a car to drive to work or if he got a ride or took a bus, etc?

Reason being, it is also said that Q's mom was possibly driving a car that morning after her bf went to work. It is hard for me to believe they had 2 cars between them, but maybe they did.

Can you link to the source that said Quinton's mom was possibly driving a car that morning? I haven't seen anything about her being out driving, but could have missed it. Thanks!

Four days in: this is the turning point where I hope that many LE branches both serving and surrounding Savannah contribute trained personnel to tear apart every physical location touched by or within reach of mom and boyfriend in the days prior, as far back as the last confirmed sighting of this beautiful little guy. They don’t need volunteers, I respect that, but I pray they get a battalion of LE-trained workers to trace steps, empty every shed, walk through the forests out back in lockstep, check every dumpster on the driving routes, etc.

Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED; corrected info in GRAY

around 2019
Q's older brother, Z, born - current age "around 3" (18 @ 1:35)

around Feb 2021
Q born - current age 20 months (14)

around Jul 2021 ("since Q was five months old")
Grandmother BH awarded custody of Q and Q's older brother (14)

around Apr 2022 ("about six months ago")
Babysitter DM begins watching Q & Z (9 @ 0:28)

sometime in 2022 ("within the past couple of months")
Mother LS moved in with her mother BH and Q's younger sister was born (14)

Wed Sep 7
Mother LS called police during argument with Grandmother BH; LS stated she was on probation and didn't want trouble; LS's brother stated that LS has history of stealing to buy drugs (22)

Thu Sep 8
Grandmother BH files eviction notice for Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY, stating that they damaged her property (22)

Fri Sep 16
Sheriff's office mailed Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

sometime in Sep 2022
Grandmother BH leaves for 3-week work assignment in IL; hopes to get back before evicted daughter LS and daughter's boyfriend DY move out (14)

around Mon Sep 26 - Sat Oct 1
believed that Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY received eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

Tue Oct 4
Babysitter DM watched Q & Z, who then went home that night (9 @ 0:30)

Wedn Oct 5: LAST REPORTED SIGHTING / DAY ONE OF SEARCH
  • 5:29AM - Babysitter DM received text [from Mother LS (22)] that she would not be babysitting Q & Z that morning (9 @ 0:44)
  • 6:00AM - LAST REPORTED SIGHTING (1) by mother's boyfriend DY (14) when he left for work that morning (22); According to step-grandfather TH (who owns the house but was out of town; wife is still driving in from out of state), people at home at the time: mother, mother's boyfriend, 3 kids, mother's brother (7)
  • 9:00AM - Babysitter DM receives text [from a grandparent (22)] asking if she's seen them, but when she tried to help search, she was turned away (9 @ 1:03)
  • [TIME?] - Grandmother BH learned about Q's disappearance from phone call from Babysitter DM (14)
  • 9:30AM (14) 9:39AM (17 @ 2:55) - Reported missing to authorities by mother (1) who said he'd been in his playpen (5)
  • 9:42AM - LE dispatched to residence (1), searched home (4)
  • 12:34PM - LE state they are searching area on foot with a drone and K9 unit (1)
  • 2:04PM - LE state they are shutting down Chatham Parkway, Louis B Mills, and Buckhalter Rd to continue search (1)
  • 2:48PM - LE state that Buckhalter Rd was reopened (1)
  • around 3PM - Step-grandfather TH arrived home from out of town (16 @ 0:02)
  • 3:33PM - LE state that Chief met with media - nothing to indicate abduction; "does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating"; have responded to two calls for service at the home in the last two years (neither for missing child) (2)
  • 5:58PM - @BrettWSAV states FBI assisting (6)
  • 6:52PM - LE state ground search continues; plan to search with helicopter and heat-seeking tech (2)
  • [TIME?] - Dive team also on scene (7)
  • 10:08PM - LE state 75 LE officers and volunteers combed area (2)
  • [TIME?] - LE secured search warrant for residence (10 @ 1:15)
  • PM - FBI Evidence Response Team & Chatham County Police search home with flashlights & cameras (8)
  • PM - LE cruiser remained on scene at residence overnight (14)
  • [TIME?] - LE contacted bio father and "did not believe he was involved" (4) due to the fact he "works very much, very north of here" (10 @ 0:34), despite Q's mom telling Q's grandfather that Q's father came and picked him up (7)
  • [TIME?] - neighbors state they'd seen Q out wandering the home and street in the past (7)

Thur Oct 6: DAY TWO
  • 2:00AM - Search ended for night (17 @ 1:35)
  • 3:30AM - Grandmother BH arrived home (16 @ 0:03) but with crime scene tape up had to stay in motel (14)
  • 5:53AM - LE states no overnight developments (3)
  • 8:00AM - Searching resumed (17 @ 1:35)
  • 10:11AM - FBI on scene with ATVs (11), searching trash cans in neighborhood including babysitter's (12) and locked sheds on grandfather's other property (15)
  • around 11:00 AM - FBI returned to residence after sweep of neighborhood (18 @ 0:54)
  • 11:11AM - LE is "obtaining other search warrants at other locations today" (13)
  • AM - Grandmother BH, who was working out of town in IL, states in phone interview with media "I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times" (14), states on camera, "I don't know what to believe right now... I don't know if I can trust her" (16 @ 1:09)
  • AM - Chief Jeff Hadley states at presser that they are conducting interviews and "downloading phones and things of that nature" today (17 @ 0:35)
  • Neighbors claim Mother LS and Mother's boyfriend DY returned to residence that morning after questioning; arguing is heard throughout the day, including at 6PM as recorded in VIDEO @ timestamp 1:30 (19)
  • PM - Biological father on his way to Savannah from out of town to help search (18 @ 1:50)

Fri Oct 7: DAY THREE
  • 10:00AM - Chief Jeff Hadley gives update as part of Chatham County Commission Meeting - exhausted grid search; still investigating collected phone data and other avenues; still being assisted by FBI (20)
  • 2:00PM - search continues; pond searched with waders & poles (21)
Sat Oct 8: DAY FOUR
  • 8:09AM - CCPD update on SM - still searching along with FBI, no need of volunteers (23)

SOURCES
(1) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(2) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(3) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(4) Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood (APNews - Oct 5)
(5) Search for toddler missing from coastal Georgia neighborhood continues (Fox5 - Oct 5)
(6) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(7) Chatham County police, neighbors search for missing 20-month-old child (WSAV - Oct 5)
(8) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(9) WSAV3 video (Oct 5)
(10) WSAV FB video (Oct 5)
(11) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(12) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(13) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(14) Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning (WTOC - Oct 6)
(15) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(16) Grandparents comment on missing Chatham County toddler VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(17) Chatham County Police Chief gives update on missing toddler search VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(18) @SarahWinkelmann tweet including VIDEO (WTOC - Oct 6)
(19) Toddler Missing More Than 40 Hours, Neighbors Hear Arguments... (WSAV - Oct 6)
(20)
Chatham County Police enters 3rd day in search for missing toddler, Quinton Simon (Fox28 - Oct 7)
(21) Grandparents plead for answers as search for missing Chatham County toddler enters third day (WJCL - Oct 7)
(22) Timeline: What has happened since 20-month-old Quinton Simon went missing (WSAV - Oct 7)
(23) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 8)

MY NOTES/OBSERVATIONS
The messages to and from the Babysitter DM caught my attention. The 9AM message is from "a grandparent," but Grandmother BH stated earlier that she learned that Q was missing from a phone call from DM herself (source 14), so was the phone call from Step-Grandfather DH? Maybe after hearing Mother LS's story about Q's bio-dad taking him (source 7)? Had he called that morning to check up on things (since he was out of town)?
Thanks much for your detailed timeline, @wnk. Truly, a masterpiece.
Sadly, it is still incomplete.
Hoping your final notes will be soon and positive.
SMH. Where is that sweet, pretty little boy?

I'm still baffled how mom managed to sleep in until 9:00am as the only adult in the house with a 5 month old, 20 month old, and 3 year old there.
I thought the mom's brother was there? did I misunderstand?
I'm still trying to figure out how the sleep till 9 with 3 young babies happened as well. I'm also trying to figure out the car situation, BF left for work ( not sure what his transportation was) and mom was supposed to take the kids to the sitters so she should have had access to a vehicle.

I thought the mom's brother was there? did I misunderstand?
I'm still trying to figure out how the sleep till 9 with 3 young babies happened as well. I'm also trying to figure out the car situation, BF left for work ( not sure what his transportation was) and mom was supposed to take the kids to the sitters so she should have had access to a vehicle.
They live on the same street, she wouldn't have needed to drive the children to the babysitters.

MOD REMINDER:

This is the first topic in the RULES concerning social media.

ALLOWED SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES

Individuals

Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as officially named by LE)
  • Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
Sleuthing someone who is not the victim or an official person of interest in this case is not allowed. The babysitter (or anyone else for that matter) has not been named a victim or person of interest in this case!

- Mad

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they are searching the landfill? I hate typing that but four days in, I hope they have found something on a ring cam, CCTV or other evidence as to where this toddler is & who put him there. It seems like the mother would have the most motive because of the child support & eviction orders.

I am very puzzled by the grandmother & her husband leaving the two older children with their troubled daughter & her boyfriend then being far away. What were their expectations about the care of Q & his older brother if the eviction occurred?

What we know seems odd all around. These are very young children whose protection and care should have been paramount to the person with legal custody.

MOO

But the mom called the babysittter at 5:29, half an hour before her bf left to work. Why would she call the babysitter off if Quinton was at that moment all healthy and alive?
bbm
Indeed, that's been nagging at me from the get-go. Why wouldn't she have taken him to the babysitter -- or have the sitter come get him -- which ever way that worked?
What made that day different? Did mom tell the sitter why she did not need her that day? (If so, I have forgotten.) SMH. What about the boyfriend -- did he sense anything unusual before he went to work that day?
Unless little Quinton was actually taken by someone, or he did go outside on his own -- not buying either of those alternatives -- but why hasn't he been found? How far could that little person go by himself, early in the morning, probably wet diaper and hungry? Did he wander out in the street and get hit by a car, and the driver panicked and hid the little guy? Or, or, or...

Hoping for good news tomorrow morning. Let it be.

Does anyone know if they are searching the landfill? I hate typing that but four days in, I hope they have found something on a ring cam, CCTV or other evidence as to where this toddler is & who put him there. It seems like the mother would have the most motive because of the child support & eviction orders.

I am very puzzled by the grandmother & her husband leaving the two older children with their troubled daughter & her boyfriend then being far away. What were their expectations about the care of Q & his older brother if the eviction occurred?

What we know seems odd all around. These are very young children whose protection and care should have been paramount to the person with legal custody.

MOO
I certainly agree with the gist of your post, but just a note of clarification, the grandmother was in Illinois, working, but afaik, we do not know where the grandfather was, other than just apparently not in the home at the time. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1