Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In less than 12 hours Quinton went from the caring arms of his babysitter to a landfill. Hopefully Leilani will have many years in a prison cell to remember what she did the night she murdered him.

IMO the need to hide Quinton’s body instead of calling 911 means there’s forensic evidence that his death wasn’t an accident. MOO

Poor sweet little guy, at the mercy of a monster.
I look at that nice house, so inviting, a place I could easily call home, proudly. Then think of what went on inside and the decisions that people who live in nice houses sometimes make. I'll just leave it at that.

JMO

Not buying this selective amnesia for one second. She cancelled the BS and allegedly managed to get him to the landfill without remembering? Erm nope.

If there is a legally legitimate psychological condition that should be taken into accounti then let the attorneys and expert witnesses work this out at trial and/or sentencing. Right now there is a dead 20 month old human being that was under her care at the time, and if she is responsible for his death then she needs to be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.

I cant get past the delay in reporting him til the DM (sitter) prompted that call by showing up and offering to help look. That was after 9am. I can't help think that delay was meant to not report him until garbage pickup on the block had been completed. I am very interested int eh cell data obtained on both LS and DY movements in the 24 hours before Q was reported missing.
Me too, especially what her cell phone locations showed between 6, when the BF apparently left, and 9.

I've popped in and out of this thread but resisted to get too involved as I have seen this movie before. Many times.

I have one question.

If Grandma had custody, why was Quinton in the care of his mother at all? Why was he in that home?

Thanks.
long story short. gma and gpa have had custody of Q and his older brother Z for some time now. They allowed mom and her boyfriend to move in earlier this year after the birth of Q's half sister. Very poor decision to allow that and then a worse one to allow mom to supervise the kids when gma and gpa were not present.

I wont play the blame game as I think gma will be doing enough of that herself.

If there is a legally legitimate psychological condition that should be taken into accounti then let the attorneys and expert witnesses work this out at trial and/or sentencing. Right now there is a dead 20 month old human being that was under her care at the time, and if she is responsible for his death then she needs to be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
Agree re: legal process. Technically, however, the child wasn't legally under her care at the time as that right was removed from her fairly recently, IIRC. I'm not a legal expert by any means, but I suppose that leaving the child in the mother's (informal, legally revoked) care might put any legally declared caretakers in criminal jeopardy as well.

JMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if she changes her story by the time it gets to court.

long story short. gma and gpa have had custody of Q and his older brother Z for some time now. They allowed mom and her boyfriend to move in earlier this year after the birth of Q's half sister. Very poor decision to allow that and then a worse one to allow mom to supervise the kids when gma and gpa were not present.

I wont play the blame game as I think gma will be doing enough of that herself.
Who was caring for Q and Z before bio mom/BF moved in? Honest question, I don't know. The BS was in the picture for just 6 months, at the request of a fellow church member, IIRC.

I look at that nice house, so inviting, a place I could easily call home, proudly. Then think of what went on inside and the decisions that people who live in nice houses sometimes make. I'll just leave it at that.

JMO
That house looks, to me, so much like the house in The Amityville Horror, and now it too will be a house of horror for very many who have been following this case. JMO

That house looks, to me, so much like the house in The Amityville Horror, and now it too will be a house of horror for very many who have been following this case. JMO
I know. Look at what the WAtts house in Colorado has become in so many minds, dark, looming, when it was really a place of delight with happy kids and a lively Mom and a complacent Dad before he decided to brutally wipe it all out. I saw the pic upthread of the house in this case, with the sun on the grass and lighting up the building, upstairs windows where kids could grow up and look out, I still don't see it as ominous, don't know why.

Am assuming since they are confident he is in the landfill that they retrieved physical evidence from the trash can. Doubtful they would make such a declaration if they weren't effectively 100% sure. That would mean actual physical evidence. A direct admission by the perpetrator wouldn't even bring that kind of declarative surety.

JMO.

What we know from MSM: Grandma (and possibly step-grandpa) had legal custody of the two older boys.

What we don't know: I have seen no MSM reports or links from websleuths describing the situation under which that change in custody occurred. I have seen no MSM reports that LS was found to be an unfit mother. I have seen no reports about any court proceedings regarding LS's fitness as a mother. Possibly she was an unfit mother - possibly the change in custody occurred just to give mom time to get her life together.

That ring was noticed by quite a few of us. Although it was discussed, there’s no way of knowing what it means, if anything. The article referenced below states at the beginning that she is engaged to DY and toward the end references DY as his step-father, but keep in mind it’s a Daily Mail article. MOO

Folks with dissociative amnesia aren't cryptic or evasive, and they'd be the first out there cooperating/begging for help if something else wasn't underlying the purported condition. Indeed, they may not remember, but they sure would like to!
Ah! Yes! Thank you for making this distinction. I was trying to figure out the difference between my own couple of dissociative "episodes" (where nothing as serious as murder was involved, thankfully) and what I sense about LS's claim of the same. And that's the difference - desperately wanting to remember what happened. I know for a fact that traumatic events can cause dissociation and an inability to remember, but imo it doesn't ring true in this case. I dunno, maybe she is somewhere trying to remember. If so, I hope it comes to fruition. Lots of questions to be answered!
RSBM

I disagree with this distinction. Everyday in my clinical work with trauma survivors many are plagued with ambivalence about remembering. Indeed a significant part of treatment is creating internal feelings of safety to be able to titrate knowing information and feelings. Survivors often have a tremendous fear of being flooding and of what they'll remember. If you add onto that, feeling threatened or are being attacked, as I imagine many interrogations or social media backlash might be experienced, they may also look evasive or cryptic.

Also, dissociation is a normal phenomenon that exists on a continuum from daydreaming to dissociative identity disorder with personality fragmentation. Having an episode of dissociation absent a significant trauma history could lead to an earnest desire to figure things out.

Last point - to be clear, I'm not excusing LS. I don't know what happened and if she murdered Quinton as I believe she did, she should be held accountable. But I do believe it serves us all to accurately understand these conditions and how they can impact people.

Edited to add: All MOO.

While we await the press conference, did anyone else notice LS wearing a wedding band when she left the home yesterday? Do we know if/when she and DY may have had a ceremony (assuming she married DY, of course)? There's a reason behind my curiosity.
I tried looking online for a marriage license but no luck.

Marriages 1996 to Present
  • 1996 to the present - records are held exclusively by the probate court in the county where the marriage occurred
Currently, there are no online indexes to Georgia marriage records for the period 1996 to the present.”

It is not uncommon for young women who have recently had a baby out of wedlock to state that the baby-daddy is her fiancé and actually take the name of the boyfriend. Although common law marriages are not recognized in many states these days, it allows the mom to appear married without any of the legal issues of marriage (including possible loss of government benefits only offered to single mothers). Sometimes, these "engagements" lead to marriages, but frequently they don't.

IMO, the 5:30 AM text canceling babysitting COMBINED with the claim of seeing Q at 6AM almost requires a suspect #2. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Quinton’s mom’s and others’ interrogation answers suspiciously didn’t align.

Based on Q having belt marks on his body the other day, I would say COD is most likely a heat of the moment violent discipline/abuse taken too far.

For example, if he kept climbing out of his crib at 3 AM and waking everyone up, he was getting belted, but maybe that night the abusive punishment went too far. It could have been shoving him, throwing him against the wall, shaking him, throwing him into his crib.

Now it could have been that he died right then at 3 AM and the cover-up began then. Or it could have been that he was shaken and hurt and thrown into the crib, and then died in his sleep from the trauma. Then they would have discovered him dead at 5:30am when it was time to get ready for the babysitter, thus texted her to cancel.

in either scenario, the 5:30 AM text would mean he was known to be dead before then. So “last seen at 6 AM” would be fishy. That the mom doesn’t remember anything but is the only one involved would also be fishy. Moo

There is nothing I can add to this well-articulated, educated and accurate post. There are huge swaths of my past that I have no recollection of. An example of a shorter swath of memory loss for me: during a very traumatic event, I flew to another state when I was 13 years-old (with an adult and a sibling), was there for 2 full weeks, and flew back...but I have zero memories of any of those events. There are photos, but I do not remember any of it.

Regarding another post stating that those with trauma-related disorders never hurt others: one of my parents often blacked out during raging episodes (both parents grew up in abusive homes). I have siblings who grew up with me, in the same environment, that have lost custody of their children due to abuse/violence. One of those siblings also has blackout raging. The idea that no one who grew up in abusive/traumatic homes would ever hurt anyone else, especially a child, (in my experience) is inaccurate. We see it happen here almost daily. *I* never would, and never have, hurt a child...but I cannot apply how my brain formed (and what trauma response it resulted in) to every (or any) other person with a traumatic past. If those who grew up in abusive homes (or trauma, in general) never hurt anyone else, our crime rate would be significantly lower and Websleuths probably wouldn't need to exist.
If you're referring to what I said, I said 'the vast majority would never', not that it never happens, or that people with dissociation never hurt people. Billy Milligan& existed. I know there are people out there who hurt people and don't recall it. The problem I have is that it's a convenient excuse for a lot of people, the majority of whom aren't dissociative, see my comment to Karuna. I have empathy for anyone trying to endure, and endure beyond trauma. I also have many things that I just plain don't remember, right up unto this present day. I have never hurt someone during one of these moments, for which I am grateful. I just hate it when people use 'I don't remember' to try and avoid responsibility when they hurt people, especially kids.

<modsnip> But somehow I feel her memory loss is more like the killer of Mollie Tibbets initially claiming not to remember and nobody thought he had a disorder. I think she knows she has been caught so can't say " I didn't do it", but really doesn't want to have to retell the details of what she did. So she is not remembering. I do think maybe PPD and drug use (either she was high or she was tired from being high all day) led her to snapping. Having BJH away from the house might have allowed for a little more "partying" than normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member