Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fighting, stealing, abuse, murder (oldest sibling in prison for committing a murder at 17), domestic abuse, rap sheets that go back for years, drug use, quitting school . . . this family has it all. It must be he__ living in that house. Quinton paid with his life but he may have just saved his little brother and little sister from growing up in this dead-end, crime-filled environment. MOO
Sadly this is true.

Long article, more at the link:

Records show police investigations over the years with mother

Before the disappearance of her youngest son, Simon, 22, had been the subject of multiple police investigations in recent years.

On April 12, 2019, a Chatham County police officer was dispatched to 5801 Garrard Avenue in reference to a trespass report. Simon wanted her brother, Paul Simon, removed and banned from the property. She believed Paul stole $100 from her mom. Because of that, she had to pay her mom back.

She claimed her brother was bragging about stealing $100 from another woman. At first, Paul told the police officer he never stole the money, but later admitted to stealing it because he didn’t have any.

I find it very interesting that the brother who apparently accused her of stealing money from family to buy drugs was, at least in the case mentioned, arrested for stealing money and blaming it on LS - and charges were pressed by LS. Supposedly, per step-grandpa, he was staying at the house on the night/morning of Q's disappearance.

I can imagine that house was a very stressful environment for all involved.

Nor do I..... I just "sense" she was having difficulties with the relationship with DY. AND remember, the babysitter stated, in one of her "interviews" that LS liked QS the LEAST.

That really scared me. We've seen that one play out before.
what! she probably hated his daddy. the ignorant ones be like that sometimes. poor baby.

BBM I can definitely see this happening after the baby sitter video.

Long article, more at the link:

Records show police investigations over the years with mother

Before the disappearance of her youngest son, Simon, 22, had been the subject of multiple police investigations in recent years.

On April 12, 2019, a Chatham County police officer was dispatched to 5801 Garrard Avenue in reference to a trespass report. Simon wanted her brother, Paul Simon, removed and banned from the property. She believed Paul stole $100 from her mom. Because of that, she had to pay her mom back.

She claimed her brother was bragging about stealing $100 from another woman. At first, Paul told the police officer he never stole the money, but later admitted to stealing it because he didn’t have any.
On September 7, a Chatham County police officer responded to a call for a domestic dispute at 535 Buckhalter Road. Simon told the police officer that she and her mother had a fight over clothes in the washing machine.
That led to a larger argument between the two, specifically about “how things were.”

Her mom, Simon said, got into her face and shoved her. Simon fell into a wall, injuring and bruising her elbow. Both her older child and Quinton witnessed the fight.
Howell, however, told the police officer a slightly different story, saying Simon instigated the fight. While the fight did start with the use of the washing machine, Howell claimed she was having other issues with her daughter. She was frustrated because she took care of the household and paid all of the bills, and yet Simon, her two children and her boyfriend lived there.

I'm surprised so little was shared at the PC. I know LE don't have to update the public, especially if there are still moving parts. Maybe they were trying to appease without jeopardizing the case and I can respect that.

However, I do find it completely strange that LS left the home yesterday driving that white truck, right past LE, reporters, etc. and even though she is the prime suspect, they haven't charged her. Where is she? A hospital? There is no way that LE doesn't know 100% where she is.

I think they probably found luminal blood patterns and stains that showed Quinton couldn't have survived his injuries. Maybe someone who was present in the home is talking.

So very, very sad for the little angel boy. Please let him be found and laid to rest properly. :(

MOO

The mom's behavior appears to be that of a drug addict. She sleeps late, doesn't take care of her kids and so forth. Grandma's description that her daughter is usually good but sometimes makes bad choices suggests that LS may have long struggled with drug addiction. If high at the time, she could easily have hurt the child - physical violence or accidental overdose. On the other hand, if that were the case, she would likely need help with the cover-up. It's possible the death could have occurred the night before and she sobered up the next morning and tried to create an alibi, but that would require either the BF lying about seeing Q at 9 AM, or some complex ruse that tricked the boyfriend.

Unfortunately, it would be very easy to put a small child in a black plastic bag and put it in a trash container and the sanitation workers would never see anything out of the ordinary.
in a scenario where bf didnt know, maybe she put him in the play pen and covered him so DY just thought he was asleep.

you do know that was 7 days ago that she did that and she just now confessed so how would that have been done now?
Just pulling this forward to clarify one point that I do not believe mom confessed as MSM reports show she claims to not remember the events of that day. Police didn't mention the landfill or having received that info from mom at the recent presser today. I just wanted to clarify there was no msm reports of mom having confessed to anything
(I'm guessing it was police work, surveillance, evidence or someone else talking that led to any info about the landfill or mom being the main suspect)

Just didn't want there to be confusion about there having been a confession from mom. As far as we know, there hasn't been :)

if she put him in the trash and he was reported, why wasnt the truck stopped and searched, or that area in the landfill like right away?
agree, I think nowadays it is pretty SOP to search garbage when a child is reported missing. Too many children reported missing and abducted that later turned out to be found in the garbage, or a storage shed or freezer. So those kinds of locations should be searched immediately MOO I recall comments under news articles discussing that it was garbage pickup day when Q went missing so I have to believe that LE covered that base, especially with the FBI being called in so early on.

Last edited:
my money is on surveillance being on LS. Hence the Chief stating he didn't know where she was at this moment but relative confidence that she will not abscond into the wind.
Strikes me that maybe the chief, himself, doesn't know where she is that moment of the question, but he knows who else knows.MOO MOO MOO

I do wonder if grandma having custody of the boys impacted L’s behavior. What I mean is that I’ve seen other cases here where a parent(s) doesn’t want the burden of parenting their kids but at the same time resent anyone else stepping in to do the job.

In this case not only was grandma raising Leilani’s kids she had also taken steps to throw her and her boyfriend out and then demanded support money.

I can imagine how angry it might have made Leilani. Did it make her feel powerless? Did she take it out on little Quinton?

I forget, what is it they call people who lack insight and empathy and who only see others in terms of how they serve a selfish purpose? MOO
narcissists

Just pulling this forward to clarify one point that I do not believe mom confessed as MSM reports show she claims to not remember the events of that day. Police didn't mention the landfill or having received that info from mom at the recent presser today. I just wanted to clarify there was no msm reports of mom having confessed to anything
(I'm guessing it was police work, surveillance, evidence or someone else talking that led to any info about the landfill or mom being the main suspect)

Just didn't want there to be confusion about there having been a confession from mom. As far as we know, there hasn't been :)
Not to LE, anyway.
Possible LS talked to a family member ?

I find it very interesting that the brother who apparently accused her of stealing money from family to buy drugs was, at least in the case mentioned, arrested for stealing money and blaming it on LS - and charges were pressed by LS. Supposedly, per step-grandpa, he was staying at the house on the night/morning of Q's disappearance.

I can imagine that house was a very stressful environment for all involved.
Parents let your children

I hope they know where LS and someone is keeping a close watch on her so she doesn’t off herself taking the secrets of what happened to little Quinton with her.
But since she doesn’t remember anything…..
She knows, she’s never been allowed to grow up and take responsibility

<modsnip - off topic to the specifics of this case, at this time>

Of course everyone has the right to their own opinion(s), which I 100% respect. I just offer that no one here (that I'm aware of) knows LS's medical history and/or what actually happened/when/where/how to Quinton, so at this point in time, those who think there's a possibility she doesn't remember what happened are just as correct as those who don't.

I did notice in the presser that Hurley's reply and nonverbal language (when asked by the reporter if anyone else in the family was facing criminal charges) points to LE believing someone else is involved. JMO.

ETA: Reporter asks question at the 5:55 mark.

Chatham County Police Chief Hadley provides an update in Quinton Simon case | LIVE: Chatham County Police Chief Jeff Hadley provides an update in Quinton Simon case | By WSAV News 3 On Your Side | Facebook
Mod to the rescue! I thought about the top portion of that post, felt I overshared, and came to see if I could edit it. Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
documentaryh