Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me where the idea of LS waiting for the trash pick up that morning came from? Is this something we know, or is it a guess? I’m a little lost there.

Side notes as I’ve been following along as best as I could:

This is absolutely devastating. Doesn’t matter how sure we are, it always sucks to have the worst scenario be confirmed.

I don’t think LS and DY are married, I know many teens/women who wear rings on their ring fingers (and sometimes that’s part of multiple rings on the same hand), I don’t think it means much these days. I see a lot of women change their last names on social media, but not go through the actual marriage process or process to change their names legally.

I don’t quite see that a smash cake is so concerning. This is common these days, done in a gentle and playful manner. If a child doesn’t like it, parents (in my experience) will stop, reassure the child, etc. Maybe not everyone agrees with this, but bakeries literally sell “smash cakes” for this type of thing. Of course sometimes those are used for the little ones to just destroy on their own, too.

I may have missed what BJH has said recently—but I feel like it’s definitely not uncommon for a family member to realize they have lost someone, and in turn cling to those they have left. I am luckily not in such a position, so can’t really judge, but I would just be very disappointed to see her totally backing LS, or ending up in denial while in fear of losing another person.

I hope LE gets solid, solid overwhelming evidence and soon so they can make that arrest. It’s troubling to think of what’s going on in that home right now and I don’t think I’ve seen confirmation of whether the kids are there or not.

eta: JMO.
I make smash cakes. They are for a baby to smash up themselves, make a mess and eat on their 1st. Birthday.

Yall are reaching with the smash cake, it's a big part of Hispanic culture and has been for a long time to smash the birthday baby and persons face into the cake. It's a tradition that a lot of other cultures have adopted too.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if blood or bone or other matter that matches Q was found in or around the home --- on clothing, fingerprints, or in a vehicle, etc., causing LE/FBI to know that Q was indeed deceased, and that LS caused his death.
Perhaps implements in or near the house were found with his blood and her prints -- knives, hammer, plastic bag, or whatever could be used to kill.
This would perhaps explain why LE has announced that Q is dead and that LS is their target. Without question, LE wants the body for evidence to make an arrest. They seem confident that they will be able to provide that evidence given more time. JMO.

Last edited:
I wonder if blood or bone or other matter that matches Q was found in or around the home, on clothing, knives, fingerprints, or in a vehicle, etc., causing LE/FBI to know that Q was indeed deceased, and that LS caused his death.
This would perhaps explain why LE has announced that Q is dead and that LS is their target. Without question, LE wants the body for evidence to make an arrest. They seem confident that they will be able to provide that evidence given more time. JMO.
I’m thinking whatever they found might have been the day the drained the pool. It was a little odd that they brought in those dogs early am for a short period them to the woods then left. Almost like they had to just quickly rule out that area.

Can someone tell me where the idea of LS waiting for the trash pick up that morning came from? Is this something we know, or is it a guess? I’m a little lost there.

Side notes as I’ve been following along as best as I could:

This is absolutely devastating. Doesn’t matter how sure we are, it always sucks to have the worst scenario be confirmed.

I don’t think LS and DY are married, I know many teens/women who wear rings on their ring fingers (and sometimes that’s part of multiple rings on the same hand), I don’t think it means much these days. I see a lot of women change their last names on social media, but not go through the actual marriage process or process to change their names legally.

I don’t quite see that a smash cake is so concerning. This is common these days, done in a gentle and playful manner. If a child doesn’t like it, parents (in my experience) will stop, reassure the child, etc. Maybe not everyone agrees with this, but bakeries literally sell “smash cakes” for this type of thing. Of course sometimes those are used for the little ones to just destroy on their own, too.

I may have missed what BJH has said recently—but I feel like it’s definitely not uncommon for a family member to realize they have lost someone, and in turn cling to those they have left. I am luckily not in such a position, so can’t really judge, but I would just be very disappointed to see her totally backing LS, or ending up in denial while in fear of losing another person.

I hope LE gets solid, solid overwhelming evidence and soon so they can make that arrest. It’s troubling to think of what’s going on in that home right now and I don’t think I’ve seen confirmation of whether the kids are there or not.

eta: JMO.
All of this. Especially the bolded part. My nephew literally had icing from his own “smash cake” all over his face on his first birthday and no one actually smashed his face into the cake. I’m not saying these children didn’t suffer at the hands of their mother, but I think the cake is not the biggest issue here.

I don’t know much about pools, I believe someone said the draining of it was probably to make sure he wasn’t in there. But could evidence have been found in like the filter? The didn’t seem to be filtering the water as it was drained so I was just wondering what else could have been found in there.

I don’t know much about pools, I believe someone said the draining of it was probably to make sure he wasn’t in there. But could evidence have been found in like the filter? The didn’t seem to be filtering the water as it was drained so I was just wondering what else could have been found in there.
I thought it was kind of strange that they even drained it. Draining a pond makes sense because divers cannot see well and the bottom is so full of silt and debris that they cannot tell if there is a body or some evidence underneath.

But a small backyard pool? It must have been very dirty water for them to feel the need to drain it. JMO

I tried looking online for a marriage license but no luck.

Marriages 1996 to Present
  • 1996 to the present - records are held exclusively by the probate court in the county where the marriage occurred
Currently, there are no online indexes to Georgia marriage records for the period 1996 to the present.”

How would she have married in 1996, she is 22.

I wondered if the liner of pool did indeed have a hole in it, as reported, then they may have been looking for Q between the liner and the floor of the pool…. ???? It made me feel sick that something like that may have occurred …. that along with the pool possibly being a little murky??

ADMIN NOTE:

Move on from the cake smash part of the discussion. Posts have been removed due to the tedious, back and forth arguing over it when it appears, like it or not, to be just tradition in some cultures.

Thanks.

15 hours ago. Georgia police believe missing 20-month-old is dead; mother named as primary suspect

Chatham County police Chief Jeff Hadley added that Leilani Simon has not been arrested and no charges have been filed.

"Sadly, we still have not found Quinton," said Hadley. "But our search and our investigation will continue, and it will continue with every available resource we have in order to get Quinton's family closure and see that justice is served in this case."

When asked why the Chatham County police department and the FBI named Simon as the primary suspect without pressing charges against her, Hadley declined to comment, citing the ongoing investigation. Hadley said he wasn't sure where Simon was at the time of the press conference, but they don't believe she is a flight risk.

"What I can say is that the evidence so far, based on multiple interviews and search warrants has led us to the conclusion that Quinton is deceased," said Hadley. "The investigation doesn't end right there."

Just reading up on this, not sure if this was posted.

The home, which is owned by Quinton Simon’s grandparents, was also searched earlier this week, the Savannah Morning News reported. Multiple FBI agents were seen taping dark plastic to the windows Monday.

Just reading up on this, not sure if this was posted.

The home, which is owned by Quinton Simon’s grandparents, was also searched earlier this week, the Savannah Morning News reported. Multiple FBI agents were seen taping dark plastic to the windows Monday.

Luminol!
Not good and here am I secretly hoping he will show up alive even if injured, despite all the odds.
I know ... maybe best that can be hoped for is that all the love in peoples' hearts will still reach him, in whatever dimension he now resides and is beneficial in some way.

DBM--another smash cake post.

I will say that the picture of the mom and Q together with his cake makes me sad for a completely different reason. Mom looks so happy and radiant celebrating with her son. Here is a moment frozen in time showing what life could have been like for this family....and yet, here we are.

We don't know what happened yet, but it appears that Mom snapped for some reason. Clearly there were lots of issues that were closing in on her, created by her own choices. However, she is a person--not a monster. I think that it is possible that she loved her kids and had moments of happiness and joy with them and STILL did this.

So tragic all around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads