Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love verification of LS whereabouts. I am starting to wonder if she left a suicide note that turned her into the main suspect. It's all just too weird to name her without arresting her.
I just think she may have checked herself in at a local behavioral health center, it would help with her 'I can't remember what happened that morning' theory. JMO The chief said something along the lines of 'without getting into specifics, we don't believe she is a flight risk' led me to that line of thinking. Again all JMO

MOO, JMO, I feel gross even typing this (and apologize if this has already been said/discussed) but the whole thing with the landfill is super icky... I don't know what trash collection is like in Savannah but in most places, it's only collected on a weekly basis... if she disposed of him in the trash (and didn't drive him to the landfill), there's a chance his remains were just sitting in the trash container outside of their home while they were actively searching... or... worse, she premeditated the murder ahead of time to line up with trash pickup to get rid of the body which is just AWFUL. Does anyone know how to find the trash pickup schedule for their address? MOO, JMO.

Edit: Found this: https://www.savannahga.gov/DocumentCenter/View/15126/RESIDENTIAL-COLLECTION-36X76-MAP -- it looks like their trash pickup day is on Thursdays? He was reported missing on a Wednesday. It's hard to tell from that map if I'm looking at it correctly. Map of where their home is: 500 Buckhalter Rd · 500 Buckhalter Rd, Savannah, GA 31405

Last edited:
MOO, JMO, I feel gross even typing this (and apologize if this has already been said/discussed) but the whole thing with the landfill is super icky... I don't know what trash collection is like in Savannah but in most places, it's only collected on a weekly basis... if she disposed of him in the trash (and didn't drive him to the landfill), there's a chance his remains were just sitting in the trash container outside of their home while they were actively searching... or... worse, she premeditated the murder ahead of time to line up with trash pickup to get rid of the body which is just AWFUL. Does anyone know how to find the trash pickup schedule for their address? MOO, JMO.

Edit: Found this: https://www.savannahga.gov/DocumentCenter/View/15126/RESIDENTIAL-COLLECTION-36X76-MAP -- it looks like their trash pickup day is on Thursdays. He was reported missing on a Wednesday.
Pretty sure & saw aa report somewhere about searches of trash on the property.
Who entered and left that house from day before?
How many cctv cameras covered entrances?
If somebody left, where did they go and how long did it take them?

Did cadaver dogs signal in the house, outside, in vehicles or outside vehicles?
If an attack on the child occurred in the house, did anybody see a person leaving on foot or by car?
All the usual questions..

Edit: Found this: https://www.savannahga.gov/DocumentCenter/View/15126/RESIDENTIAL-COLLECTION-36X76-MAP -- it looks like their trash pickup day is on Thursdays? He was reported missing on a Wednesday. It's hard to tell from that map if I'm looking at it correctly. Map of where their home is: 500 Buckhalter Rd · 500 Buckhalter Rd, Savannah, GA 31405
I live in Savannah. There are a lot of different trash companies here. I’m about 20 minutes from their house & our pick up for our area is on Wednesday with our company.

Maybe LS was “relocated” to another house owned by the grandparents?
The tension had to be extremely high with LS in the house after being named the prime suspect in Quinton’s death.
Had people been coming to the house (bringing food etc) prior to LS leaving in the white truck the other day?
Or did the visits start then?
“She’s gone now, we can go to the house without seeing LS and take some food”
Maybe BJH is keeping everyone informed on FB, TT, etc?
JMO

I thought it was kind of strange that they even drained it. Draining a pond makes sense because divers cannot see well and the bottom is so full of silt and debris that they cannot tell if there is a body or some evidence underneath.

But a small backyard pool? It must have been very dirty water for them to feel the need to drain it. JMO
I commented the same a few days back. How dirty was the water that they couldn't see through to the bottom?

I have to look back, but it seems like the pool wasn't drained right away, but days later. Maybe they cleared it, in that he wasn't "in" the pool on day one. But later decided to drain to see if there was any evidence in it?

Been wanting to post this but didn't know if relevant for this particular place.
Another case, where searches were done in a landfill, used the info collected for each individual hauler by the landfill.
Apparently, there was a grid type of process and helped narrow down areas for search. Each individual hauler has their own area and the haul is somewhat placed in a certain pattern of delivery days/weeks to the site. Sort of to put method to the madness. Maybe it was put into place for situations such as this.
This is all from what I remember. Didn't look for a source, apologies for being lazy.
So, I'll use FWIR - from what I remember. FRIRFAC - from what I remember from another case. There's so many letters to remember these days, I'm just being a smart aleck.

Last edited:
DBM--another smash cake post.

I will say that the picture of the mom and Q together with his cake makes me sad for a completely different reason. Mom looks so happy and radiant celebrating with her son. Here is a moment frozen in time showing what life could have been like for this family....and yet, here we are.

We don't know what happened yet, but it appears that Mom snapped for some reason. Clearly there were lots of issues that were closing in on her, created by her own choices. However, she is a person--not a monster. I think that it is possible that she loved her kids and had moments of happiness and joy with them and STILL did this.

So tragic all around.
I had exactly the same feeling, looking at this picture. A happy moment back in time.....What happened in between A and B?

ETA Then again it's just a picture, a still shot. Don't know her...maybe she was depressed, worried whatever and keeping up appearances. Just a smile for the picture.

Last edited:
Been wanting to post this but didn't know if relevant for this particular place.
Another case, where searches were done in a landfill, used the info collected for each individual hauler by the landfill.
Apparently, there was a grid type of process and helped narrow down areas for search. Each individual hauler has their own area and the haul is somewhat placed in a certain pattern of delivery days/weeks to the site. Sort of to put method to the madness. Maybe it was put into place for situations such as this.
This is all from what I remember. Didn't look for a source, apologies for being lazy.
So, I'll use FWIR - from what I remember. FRIRFAC - from what I remember from another case. There's so many letters to remember these days, I'm just being a smart aleck.
That is my understanding of how it works too.

I do not understand why a mother who does not have custody of their child was allowed to be alone to care for that very child? I know there is information I am missing, but why take custody from the mom if she is allowed to be alone and care for the child?

Losing custody does not mean you lose parental rights. They are not the same thing and involve different proceedings. There is no state in the US that terminates parental rights simply with a transfer of custody. None.

People are alone with kids for whom they don't have custody every single day -- school, childcare, sleepovers at Jimmy's house, an away game at a different school district, summer camp, Sunday school, etc. I had custody of a niece for a year so she could attend school where I live -- no abuse/neglect involved at all, but it allowed me to enroll her, sign permission slips, go to meetings, access healthcare, etc.

Unless there is a court order prohibiting contact (e.g. an order of protection), then it is up to the custodian to make decisions about who spends time with the child and whether it is supervised or not.

I am including a few links to information on child custody in Georgia:

I just think she may have checked herself in at a local behavioral health center, it would help with her 'I can't remember what happened that morning' theory. JMO The chief said something along the lines of 'without getting into specifics, we don't believe she is a flight risk' led me to that line of thinking. Again all JMO
She would probably be at Georgia Regional Savannah unless she has private insurance.

DBM--another smash cake post.

I will say that the picture of the mom and Q together with his cake makes me sad for a completely different reason. Mom looks so happy and radiant celebrating with her son. Here is a moment frozen in time showing what life could have been like for this family....and yet, here we are.

We don't know what happened yet, but it appears that Mom snapped for some reason. Clearly there were lots of issues that were closing in on her, created by her own choices. However, she is a person--not a monster. I think that it is possible that she loved her kids and had moments of happiness and joy with them and STILL did this.

So tragic all around.
bolding mine.
Respectfully disagree.
Anyone capable of murdering their own toddler IS a monster.
There's no glossing over this crime, no whitewashing and nothing that can mitigate such a crime.
Other people have described the condition of those children, incl. the babysitter and LS did not treat them in a humane manner.
My .02.

Just speculation, but I'm guessing that the dogs were cadaver dogs brought in yesterday to confirm a previous hit or because luminol, or other evidence, needed corroboration. Then LE could proceed with the news conference with all of their ducks in a row. I'm sure they're collecting evidence on mom's phone regarding locations where they can search. I hope the records come quickly. Sometimes records take so long.
Hoping they find little Q quickly so he may be returned to those that love him. I believe LE is doing everything in their power to resolve this case. RIP little Q, another little one gone too soon.

I had exactly the same feeling, looking at this picture. A happy moment back in time.....What happened in between A and B?

ETA Then again it's just a picture, a still shot. Don't know her...maybe she was depressed, worried whatever and keeping up appearances. Just a smile for the picture.

There are some videos on her tiktok. I don't doubt she loves her children. People who love their children can and do,do bad things to them. Sadly,sometimes love just isn't enough,and it looks like Leilani is a classic case of history repeating.

For what it's worth,I don't think she killed him deliberately. There is no excuse for what she did with him next (or for killing him,just so we're clear).

There are some videos on her tiktok. I don't doubt she loves her children. is no excuse for what she did with him next (or for killing him,just so we're clear).

Judging by the photos and vids, Chris Watts was a super loving dad. We know though it was just a facade, kept up for the world. And too often it is just a facade...

Playing a loving parent on social media goves one a ton of clicks and likes, so... I wouldn't get too hung up on these pics and vids from LS's pages.

<snipped>
Hoping they find little Q quickly so he may be returned to those that love him. I believe LE is doing everything in their power to resolve this case. RIP little Q, another little one gone too soon.

Not directing this post at you, just jumping off your post.

I, too, hope they find baby Q quickly so that justice is served.

I don't know about returning him to those who love him, other than the babysitter. He was abandoned by his custodial guardian who knew the conditions he lived in and yet left him there alone without supervision. And even when she was there (the grandmother), she knew the conditions he lived with.

As far as I know, it was only the babysitter who truly loved him and took care of him. The reports of neglect by the occupants of that house lead me to believe he wasn't loved. Actions speak louder than words, IMO.

Praying for his half-brother, <modsnip - please redact minor's names>, that he now gets the care and love that he and Quinton were deprived of during their young lives, and because of that Q paid with his life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member