Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the bleakest images I have ever seen or want to see again.

The sadness takes such a huge toll on the officers involved. I remember the testimony of the FBI agent who found 3 year old Cupcake McKinney in landfill.

Retired FBI agent Stanley Ruffin described the horrific moment he found the decomposing body of 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney in a heap of trash at a Jefferson County landfill.
“I saw what I thought was a doll just laying there,’’ an emotional Ruffin testified. “And I realized it wasn’t doll.”
Through tears, Ruffin explained that they then placed Cupcake’s body in a bag.
“Well, it was hard,’’ he said. “Everyone involved in this was visibly affected.”

“I was involved in 9/11 and I thought that was one of the worst things I would experience in my career, until this,’’ he said. “I had never dealt with a child.”

The only good thing about it is that Cupcake was found. I have the same hopes that Quinton will be found. Cupcake was found in landfill 12 days after she went missing, and after just a few days of landfill searching. It has been a similar time from when Quinton disappeared. Less time = less rubbish to sort through.

My gosh, a child (or any victim) should never, ever end up in landfill. :(

The sadness takes such a huge toll on the officers involved. I remember the testimony of the FBI agent who found 3 year old Cupcake McKinney in landfill.

Retired FBI agent Stanley Ruffin described the horrific moment he found the decomposing body of 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney in a heap of trash at a Jefferson County landfill.
“I saw what I thought was a doll just laying there,’’ an emotional Ruffin testified. “And I realized it wasn’t doll.”
Through tears, Ruffin explained that they then placed Cupcake’s body in a bag.
“Well, it was hard,’’ he said. “Everyone involved in this was visibly affected.”

“I was involved in 9/11 and I thought that was one of the worst things I would experience in my career, until this,’’ he said. “I had never dealt with a child.”

The only good thing about it is that Cupcake was found. I have the same hopes that Quinton will be found. Cupcake was found in landfill 12 days after she went missing, and after just a few days of landfill searching. It has been a similar time from when Quinton disappeared. Less time = less rubbish to sort through.
Yeah. I've seen successful searches weeks and months after a body reached the dump, so theoretically, this should be a lot easier than many cases.

They're only just starting the search now, but I'm sure preparations were made days ago that limited any further difficulties (more trash put in the location they need to search).

They'll find him.

My fear is that due to the passage of time, and because of what a garbage truck would have done to his body, they may not be able to pinpoint a cause of death.

I think that's likely to be the only real obstacle here, but it's a big one, as her attorneys could theoretically come up with some crazy scenario where he died in some sort of an accident, and she panicked.

I'm not overly concerned by this, as there's likely to be additional evidence as to what occurred, but it's something to keep an eye on.
IMO if LE found CCTV footage showing LS placing Quinton into a dumpster she can still be nailed for felonies other than malice murder that will get her a good 30 or 40 years in prison. Plus, any hint of drugs in a tox report or old healed fractures, petechiae indicating asphyxia, a broken hyoid bone, etc., anything that can't be explained away.

I *think* a proper autopsy could also reveal blunt trauma that occurred antemortem in some cases, like subdural hematomas. Maybe even other things. If Quinton was enveloped in multiple wraps and bags there might be quite a bit to discover.

Of course this is all my own speculation and I could be way off base. Hopefully the timeframe won't impede the findings but either way I don't think the DA is going to roll over on this case. MOO.

I assumed (just my opinion) that they have advised her not to leave town and are carefully ensuring that she does not (following her and tracking her every move)
I completely agree. The FBI is involved and this is a high profile case, there is no doubt IMHO that they are conducting close surveillance on her…

IMO if LE found CCTV footage showing LS placing Quinton into a dumpster she can still be nailed for felonies other than malice murder that will get her a good 30 or 40 years in prison. Plus, any hint of drugs in a tox report or old healed fractures, petechiae indicating asphyxia, a broken hyoid bone, etc., anything that can't be explained away.

I *think* a proper autopsy could also reveal blunt trauma that occurred antemortem in some cases, like subdural hematomas. Maybe even other things. If Quinton was enveloped in multiple wraps and bags there might be quite a bit to discover.

Of course this is all my own speculation and I could be way off base. Hopefully the timeframe won't impede the findings but either way I don't think the DA is going to roll over on this case.MOO
I’m kinda thinking it might be tough to check for broken bones and such. :(

Do we know any additional info about the eviction? Was it approved/ordered?

If so, won’t LS and bf need to be out somewhat soon?
Not making light of your sincere and legitimate question, but I am pretty sure LE will be evicting LS pretty soon, and it won't have anything to do with any eviction papers, and I imagine the bf has already flown the coop, and gotten as far away from her as possible. JMO

Been watching a drone view of the search. Not as spread out as I imagined. I now have hope that he will be found.
I hope they find him soon for the searchers' sake as much as anything. I can't imagine sorting through trash for a child who has been dead for 2 weeks. Unimaginable emotions there. God bless them.

I’m kinda thinking it might be tough to check for broken bones and such. :(
Agreed, I think it's impossible to distinguish fresh breaks that happened after death with breaks that occurred during death. But broken bones which were in the process of healing can be differentiated from breaks that occurred in the dumpster. IMO. New bone formation is indicative of a previous fracture that was healing and can only happen within a live person. IOW if Quinton was abused prior there may still be telltale signs that can be entered into evidence. All MOO.

If necessary maybe the coroner could call in a forensic anthropologist.

From https://www.scitepress.org/Papers/2018/75444/75444.pdf

Antemortem trauma, occurring before the time of death, is characterized by an osteogenic reaction (new bone formation) of visible healing at the site of injury, since naturally the reaction occurs when the individual is alive. Fracture healing can be demonstrated with the tip of a rounded fracture or callus formation whereas an infection response is indicated by a proliferative or lytic lesion (Christensen et al., 2014).

The team searching in the landfill reminds me of Natalee Holloway's father searching the landfill in Aruba every day for weeks until the authorities ordered him to stop. Natalee was never found either. But this being a baby has really had my hackles up. How can ANY parent do this to their child?

Also, I am not worried about them not arresting her, they want to make sure their case is airtight. We cannot endure another case like Casey Anthony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member