Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Missing From Home - Mom ARRESTED- Savannah #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BJ and her partner weren't there, they were working somewhere, iirc. I think the people in the house were her brother, LS, DY and the 3 kids. Someone correct me if I have that wrong.
This is correct. From the media thread --

Q = Quinton Simon - 20-month-old victim
MomLS = Leilani Simon - 22-year-old noncustodial mother of victim; prime suspect as of Oct 12
MomsBfDY = Daniel - boyfriend of victim's mother; father of SisS; present at residence on Oct 5
BroZ = 3-year-old half-brother of victim; present at residence on Oct 5
SisS = infant half-sister of victim; present at residence on Oct 5
MomsBro - uncle of victim; present at residence on Oct 5

GmaBJH = Billie Jo - custodial grandmother of victim; mother of MomLS; working out of state on Oct 5
sGpaTH = Thomas - husband of GmaBJH; working out of town on Oct 5

As for the timeline for that morning -- This is what we know
  • [TIME?] - MomLS left residence to place Q’s body in dumpster at Azalea Mobile Park Home (113)
  • 5:29AM - SitterDM rec text [[from MomLS (22)] from MomsBfDY (36@1:22:20) (98@7:20)] that she would not be babysitting Q & BroZ that morning (9@0:44)
  • 5:44AM - According to “Cher,” the back door was open (98@7:43)
  • 6:00AM - LAST REPORTED SIGHTING (1) by MomsBfDY (14) when he left for work (22); MomLS told LE he was in his playpen (25@0:45); According to sGpaTH (who owns the house but was out of town; GmaBJH was still driving in from out of state), people at home at the time: MomLS, MomsBfDY, 3 kids, MomsBrother (7)
  • 7:30AM-8:30AM - SitterDM & family outside home across the street but did not see Q (36@1:26:30)
  • [TIME?] - MomLS claims "my kids woke up to me screaming, 'where's Quinton?' and running through the house. I ran and looked everywhere -- inside, outside, and just started screaming for help." (78@0:45)
  • 9:00AM - SitterDM rec text [from a grandparent (22)] [from MomsBfDY (36@1:44:30)] asking if she'd seen Q, but when she went to residence to help search, she was turned away (9@1:03); SitterDM states that she told MomLS to call LE(36@1:30:00)

(Sources on media thread, TIMELINE PART 2)

I see a few reasonable scenarios:

SCENARIO A: Q died and his body was disposed of prior to the 5:29AM text
If Q died and was disposed of overnight or very early in the morning, it seems reasonable to me that the other adults in the house would have been aware that something happened. How do we explain MomsBfDY or MomsBro not being charged?
  • If MomLS beating Q was not an uncommon event, they --sadly-- may not have thought much about it or figured 'not my kid, not my problem.'
  • MomLS may have hidden how badly Q was hurt, put him in a different room, told them to stay away from him, etc,
  • They may have been involved and one or both of them may have gone for a plea deal
SCENARIO B: Q was beaten before the 5:29AM text but did not die from his injuries until later
From my understanding, sometimes it takes awhile to die from internal injuries. MomLS may have laid him down in his playpen (where MomsBfDY saw him and assumed he was still sleeping), texted the babysitter so that she wouldn't have to deal with her asking about his fresh injuries, and MomLS did not realize until after MomsBfDY had gone to work that Q was actually dead.

SCENARIO C: Q was beaten and died after the 5:29AM text
Personally, I see this as most likely. MomLS gets MomsBfDY to text the babysitter because she's coming down off of her late-night partying and doesn't feel like getting the kids up and ready to go down the street. She goes back to sleep, MomsBfDY leaves, and then Q wakes up and starts asking for breakfast, asking to play, asking for the million things a 20-month-old asks for throughout a normal day, and MomLS snaps.

BJ and her partner weren't there, they were working somewhere, iirc. I think the people in the house were her brother, LS, DY and the 3 kids. Someone correct me if I have that wrong.
Yes, you're correct.
And according to this thread, that's who resided in the house .... at that time.

I think the OP meant there might have been other nights of mistreatment as well, and thus many red flags that were ignored ?
Ongoing mistreatment or simple neglect (also constitutes abuse, imo ) that was either ignored, or not addressed properly ?
Many additional steps could have been taken, like hiring a second babysitter for when the grandparents were away.
When someone, esp. your adult children, are residing under your roof as Leilani was -- you really get to know them well !

And iirc, Leilani was in the process of being evicted !

Ms Howell reportedly lived at the same address as Quinton and Ms Simon along with her husband Thomas Howell, and her daughter’s boyfriend, WJCL reported.

The news outlet obtained court documents alleging an eviction dispute, with Ms Howell seeking to remove her daughter and her boyfriend from the property over alleged “damage” and a lack of “peace”.

M00.

From my pov, they have good witnesses... 1 DY. 2. Drug seller. 3 M, named in indictment, if she does exist. Possibly the bro, and cameras that had to have caught her at that specific dumpster.

Jmo, but I hope they got rid of that dumpster.

Yes, as far as I know you're correct. And I understand that BJ and partner were out of town. I was mainly grumping about the brother and the boyfriend. But also, I find it hard to believe that Leilani was a calm and loving mother who suddenly out of the blue exploded against her child. That she had never lost her temper with the kids before. IMO the adults knew she was erratic. Of course this is all MOO based on the current information we have regarding prior criminal histories and police calls.

Sorry, I should have been clearer - I'm just sooo mad at all of them.

Yes, as far as I know you're correct. And I understand that BJ and partner were out of town. I was mainly grumping about the brother and the boyfriend. But also, I find it hard to believe that Leilani was a calm and loving mother who suddenly out of the blue exploded against her child. That she had never lost her temper with the kids before. IMO the adults knew she was erratic. Of course this is all MOO based on the current information we have regarding prior criminal histories and police calls.
Sorry for misunderstanding. Iirc The BS early on said that BJ had tried to have her babysit 24/7, not sure if it was just Q. Obviously BJ knew there was a serious problem with LS, imo. Also, in that interview posted 2 pages ago, the BS interviewed by BB the reporter, the BS said that LS did not show affection towards Q, and that LS had said that baby Z was her favorite, paraphrased. No way BJ didn't know that, imo.

Broke down the charges and have them included the timeline on Google Docs
  • Count 1: Malice murder 16-5-1(a)
  • Count 2: Felony murder 16-5-1(c) / Aggravated Assault 16-5-21
  • Count 3: Felony murder 16-5-1(c) / Cruelty to child in first degree 16-5-70
  • Count 4: Concealing the death of another 16-10-31
  • Count 5: False report of a crime 16-10-26
  • Count 6: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - falsely stating on Oct 5 that her visit to her dealer on Oct 4 was to pay an existing drug debt
  • Count 7: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - falsely stating on Oct 5 that the only controlled substance she regularly used was marijuana
  • Count 8: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - falsely stating on Oct 5 that the only controlled substance she’d used in the past twenty-four hours was marijuana
  • Count 9: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - falsely stating on Oct 5 that she had left the home early Oct 5 to obtain Orajel (topical pain reliever) from a friend “Misty” at a Chevron station
  • Count 10: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - concealing on Oct 5 her trip to the Azalea Mobile Home early Oct 5
  • Count 11: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - falsely stating on Oct 8 that her visit to her dealer on Oct 4 was to pay an existing drug debt (cf Count 6)
  • Count 12: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - concealing on Oct 8 that she had used controlled substances on the night of Oct 4 (cf Count 8)
  • Count 13: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - falsely stating on Oct 8 that she had left the home early Oct 5 to obtain Orajel (topical pain reliever) from a friend “Misty” at Azalea Mobile Home Park (cf Counts 9 & 10)
  • Count 14: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - concealing on Oct 8 the purpose of her visit to the Azalea Mobile Home Park on Oct 5
  • Count 15: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - falsely stating on Oct 12 that she had left the home early Oct 5 to obtain Orajel (topical pain reliever) from a friend “Misty” at Azalea Mobile Home Park (cf Count 13)
  • Count 16: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - falsely stating on Oct 12 that she had only discarded “normal household garbage” at Azalea Mobile Home Park on Oct 5
  • Count 17: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - concealing on Oct 12 the purpose of her visit to the Azalea Mobile Home Park on Oct 5 (cf Count 14)
  • Count 18: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - falsely stating on Oct 31 that it was not her but MomsBfDY who had traveled from the home in the early morning hours of Oct 5
  • Count 19: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - falsely stating on Nov 21 that although it was her and not MomsBfDY who went to Azalea Mobile Home Park on Oct 5 and that she did not have contact with her friend “Misty” there, that she did not remember what she had done there

Both grandparents were out of town…I’d like to know when each one left and hear why they thought Leilani would suddenly be a decent mom while they were gone. Out of state no less - for multiple weeks, not just an overnight business meeting/sales call/etc. JMO
Did they think the brother would supervise?

If something comes up that I am at fault, I will take myself to that police station.” Leilani Simon

.. and she knew wth she did all along... :mad: unbelievable... literally. That poor baby..
After reading what I've read today about how Quinton died, I hope that she walks her *advertiser censored* down to the death chamber to be executed.

Yes, you're correct.
And according to this thread, that's who resided in the house .... at that time.

I think the OP meant there might have been other nights of mistreatment as well, and thus many red flags that were ignored ?
Ongoing mistreatment or simple neglect (also constitutes abuse, imo ) that was either ignored, or not addressed properly ?
Many additional steps could have been taken, like hiring a second babysitter for when the grandparents were away.
When someone, esp. your adult children, are residing under your roof as Leilani was -- you really get to know them well !

And iirc, Leilani was in the process of being evicted !

Ms Howell reportedly lived at the same address as Quinton and Ms Simon along with her husband Thomas Howell, and her daughter’s boyfriend, WJCL reported.

The news outlet obtained court documents alleging an eviction dispute, with Ms Howell seeking to remove her daughter and her boyfriend from the property over alleged “damage” and a lack of “peace”.

M00.
Yes, @Erutan,thanks for explaining my anger laden post! :) I couldn't type fast enough I was so mad. That's exactly what I meant, that violence so extreme doesn't come from a vacuum - others in the house, especially L's own mother must have been aware of her drug abuse and temper flares with the kids. Grandmother had guardianship - what does that say about L's competency?

I suspect BJ will regret leaving the kids with Leilani for the rest of her life but at the same time she's currently sitting in jail with a charge of contempt of court. JMO something was very wrong in that house. All MOO.

I wonder how they know an object was used ?

Graphic :

Would his bones tell enough of a story ?
Guessing a household implement ... something grabbed up in a fit of anger. :(
M00.

I wonder how they know an object was used ?

Graphic :

Would his bones tell enough of a story ?
Guessing a household implement ... something grabbed up in a fit of anger. :(
M00.
Though his remains were partial, it is entirely possible to tell breaks that occurred at time of death from those that occurred postmortem. If enough of him was found, they may have been able to see those breaks. If the object she used had a particular shape, for example, was square or had a defined edge, it may have left tool marks in the bone.

An example for illustration. A hammer leaves very identifiable marks in a skull, whether the head is used, the claw end, or the side. There may not be such clear marks in Quinton's bones, but there may be tool marks that show he was beaten with an object (that the damage wasn't caused by, say, a fall), and that that object more than likely inflicted injury sufficient to cause death. Those marks would be different from the postmortem damage, because they occurred while Quinton's body was alive, while he could still bleed and bruise, and while his bones were still supple and flexible.

Tl;dr, it is possible to see tool marks on bones, and tell that those marks were left when the person was alive, rather than sometime after death, ie. in the garbage truck or at the landfill. It's very difficult to do, but this is what forensic anthropologists train for. They're the folks whose whole bag is bones. They leave the soft tissues to the pathologists.

Also, if he was bludgeoned to death, it may be why they were so sure he was dead so early. They may have found castoff patterns in the house, visible with the naked eye or with luminol, composed of blood and/or brain tissue. I speculated early on that they'd found some kind of biological evidence not compatible with life, a large amount of blood, or something like brain tissue, and I still think I have a good chance of being correct.

MOO

• Count 17: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - concealing on Oct 12 the purpose of her visit to the Azalea Mobile Home Park on Oct 5 (cf Count 14)
  • Count 18: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - falsely stating on Oct 31 that it was not her but MomsBfDY who had traveled from the home in the early morning hours of Oct 5
  • Count 19: Making a false statement 16-10-20 - falsely stating on Nov 21 that although it was her and not MomsBfDY who went to Azalea Mobile Home Park on Oct 5 and that she did not have contact with her friend “Misty” there, that she did not remember what she had done there
RSBM

Who was it that said that she would have been pointing her finger at the partner because of her track history of passing the buck in the past, like when she claimed something was done by Quinton's dad? You get a gold star.

Looks like she put Quinton in the dumpster at the mobile home park, then pointed the finger at DY. Typical. And then sounds like she might have changed her story to include someone called Misty and getting Orajel from her. I wonder if Misty even exists.

Hmm. Looking for the truth in all the flannel. Orajel. Would Quinton be teething at 20 months, or the baby sister at whatever age she is?

Not excusing her behaviour AT ALL, but I bet a teething kid, or more than one, would really be annoying if I was just wanting to do my drugs and enjoy being high.

RSBM

Who was it that said that she would have been pointing her finger at the partner because of her track history of passing the buck in the past, like when she claimed something was done by Quinton's dad? You get a gold star.

Looks like she put Quinton in the dumpster at the mobile home park, then pointed the finger at DY. Typical. And then sounds like she might have changed her story to include someone called Misty and getting Orajel from her. I wonder if Misty even exists.

Hmm. Looking for the truth in all the flannel. Orajel. Would Quinton be teething at 20 months, or the baby sister at whatever age she is?

Not excusing her behaviour AT ALL, but I bet a teething kid, or more than one, would really be annoying if I was just wanting to do my drugs and enjoy being high.

he could have been teething. Teething babies can be tough on the most experienced parent. But any good parent knows it comes with the job. Agree with you about not excusing her actions. Especially when she had a very solid person to help her just right down the street. She could have very easily picked up the phone called the baby sitter and said "Look I am stressed I need a moment can you take him?"

14-18 monthsfirst molars on bottom
16-22 monthstop canines
17-23 monthsbottom canines
23-31 monthssecond molars on bottom of mouth

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members