GA - Rapper Young + others indicted on RICO & other charges, May 2022. Trial ongoing April 2023, interruptions, lawyer arrested. Fulton County. #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@cathyrusson

"She fired!" - Kenneth "Lil Woody" Copeland tells Judge Glanville about his attorney.

Judge Glanville is making Copeland's attorney stay on the case for now. She is not happy at all.

1718125302080.png

WOW! Copeland's attorney asked to approach the bench. The state followed her up there. When the defense went to head up there, Judge Glanville said, "I don't believe you have the right to be up here."

1718125354279.png

I am so confused. Can anyone give me a quick synopsis? Sorry to ask and TIA.

https://www.11alive.com/article/new...tempt/85-47a2aceb-0eb7-467a-ae57-30ac94a3a635

This has a summary of what happened yesterday at the beginning and some more information in general. I wouldn't know where to begin to try to explain! I also haven't been paying complete attention to this before yesterday.

I think no one would even believe it if we tried. Complete farce of a trial IMO. What a joke. Completely and utterly nonprofessional and embarrassing for the legal community. Can't even discuss the issues or charges because there is so much other BS shenanigans going on.

That said, I am hopeful someone else can offer a quick synopsis and maybe we can sticky it for others. Is that still a thing?

hats off to @arielilane for keeping it fresh

How is this judge allowing the witness, Mr. Copeland, to speak to Ms. Hilton in such a disrespectful way?

Last edited:
-- Sorry, I know you asked for a quick synopsis, it started out that way... there's nothing simple about this case(s). ;)
iirc, the trial started Nov. 2023.

On May 9, 2022, was arrested in Atlanta on gang-related charges.[146] and Gunna were among the 28 people associated with YSL who were charged in a 56-count Georgia RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) Act indictment filed by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.[147] Following a search of his home, he was charged with seven additional felonies related to possession of illegal substances and illegal firearms.[148] He was held at the Fulton County Superior Court.[149] He was denied bond several times and has remained in the Cobb County Jail since his arrest.[150]

On November 27, 2023, his state RICO criminal trial officially began.[151][152] Five of his co-defendants will stand trial with him as well.[153] On December 12, 2023, it was agreed that the continuation of the trial would be delayed until January 2024 after his co-defendant Shannon Stillwell was stabbed multiple times during a fight that occurred in the Fulton County Jail.[154] The trial resumed on January 2, 2024.[155]

-- This site covers a lot of information concerning the YoungThug Trial:

https://www.atlantanewsfirst.com/news/crime/young--trial/

And several of the others took plea deals:

Other defendants took plea deals​

The other defendants still facing trial include Marquavius Huey, Deamonte Kendrick (known as Yak Gotti), Quamarvious Nichols, Rodalius Ryan and Shannon Stillwell.

Other defendants pleaded guilty to various charges in December 2022, prior to jury selection. Among them was Gunna, whose given name is Sergio Kitchens. The rapper entered an Alford plea on a single alleged count of conspiring to violate the RICO law. An Alford plea allows defendants to maintain their innocence, while recognizing it’s in their best interest not to go to trial, criminal defense attorney said Devin Rafus, who is not affiliated with the case.

Gunna was sentenced to five years in prison, with one year commuted to time served and the remaining four years suspended.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/26/us/young--ysl-rico-trial/index.html

Attorney Bumpus practically begged Judge Glanville to let her go. She says she was only representing Copeland for the civil contempt which he has purged himself of now by testifying. Watch the really long pause after she says that to Glanville.

This is how happy she is to be forced to stay.

1718155301157.png

Judge Glanville finally agrees to let attorney Bumpus withdraw as Kenneth Copeland's attorney. BUT.....she has to appear for a show cause hearing on June 25. I'm sure this is a hearing ordering her to show cause on why, if she did, disclose anything about the ex parte hearing yesterday.

@cathyrusson

As I suspected, the show cause hearing is about the ex parte hearing that happened yesterday. Bumpas is ordered to to show cause why she shouldn’t be held in contempt for disclosing information that came out of that hearing. He’s having everyone that was in that hearing attend this show cause at the end of the month.

1718155395872.png

Not even Glanville believed Steel would have to spend time in jail. You could hear it in his voice.

1718155449365.png

-- Sorry, I know you asked for a quick synopsis, it started out that way... there's nothing simple about this case(s). ;)
iirc, the trial started Nov. 2023.

On May 9, 2022, was arrested in Atlanta on gang-related charges.[146] and Gunna were among the 28 people associated with YSL who were charged in a 56-count Georgia RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) Act indictment filed by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.[147] Following a search of his home, he was charged with seven additional felonies related to possession of illegal substances and illegal firearms.[148] He was held at the Fulton County Superior Court.[149] He was denied bond several times and has remained in the Cobb County Jail since his arrest.[150]

On November 27, 2023, his state RICO criminal trial officially began.[151][152] Five of his co-defendants will stand trial with him as well.[153] On December 12, 2023, it was agreed that the continuation of the trial would be delayed until January 2024 after his co-defendant Shannon Stillwell was stabbed multiple times during a fight that occurred in the Fulton County Jail.[154] The trial resumed on January 2, 2024.[155]

-- This site covers a lot of information concerning the YoungThug Trial:

And several of the others took plea deals:

Other defendants took plea deals​

The other defendants still facing trial include Marquavius Huey, Deamonte Kendrick (known as Yak Gotti), Quamarvious Nichols, Rodalius Ryan and Shannon Stillwell.

Other defendants pleaded guilty to various charges in December 2022, prior to jury selection. Among them was Gunna, whose given name is Sergio Kitchens. The rapper entered an Alford plea on a single alleged count of conspiring to violate the RICO law. An Alford plea allows defendants to maintain their innocence, while recognizing it’s in their best interest not to go to trial, criminal defense attorney said Devin Rafus, who is not affiliated with the case.

Gunna was sentenced to five years in prison, with one year commuted to time served and the remaining four years suspended.

Thank you so much!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi
Back