GA - Rapper Young + others indicted on RICO & other charges, May 2022. Trial ongoing April 2023, interruptions, lawyer arrested. Fulton County. #2

@cathyrusson

DENIED (no surprise) - Judge Glanville has DENIED both motions for him to recuse himself. #YoungThug attorney Steel and Lil Woody's former attorney Bumpus both filed motions for Glanville to recuse himself from the ex parte/contempt/show cause issue.

1718726233662.png

Now judge Glanville says the show cause hearing likely won't happen on June 25 because he doesn't want to have it until after Woody is done testifying.

"I've added this court (the judge) to the witness list. I plan on calling the court as a witness in the trial. I've added lawyers Hylton and Love..." #YoungThug attorney Brian Steel.

Max Schardt asked for 15 minutes to confer with the state over redactions..........50 mins ago.

ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - The judge overseeing the Atlanta trial of rapper Young denied a motion Tuesday calling for him to be recused or disqualified from the case.

On Monday, Brian Steel, one of Young ’s attorneys, filed a motion to have Chief Superior Court Judge Ural Glanville removed from the case and a mistrial to be declared over alleged misconduct during a private meeting by the judge related to witness Kenneth Copeland’s testimony.

After Glanville denied the recusal motion, Steel said he plans to ask Copeland, aka Lil Woody, about that meeting during cross-examination.

“When that day comes, I’m going to ask him about how much pressure if any the court put on him, and you’re going to be the one instructing the jury, and I just can’t imagine how that’s fair to Mr. Williams,” said Steel.

Glanville also indicated that the June 25 hearing about that meeting will likely be rescheduled.

Published: Jun. 18, 2024 at 10:06 AM EDT|Updated: 20 hours ago

Agreed. You can do your best thinking when running. moo

From the article:
“I don’t wear headphones or anything. I think about my family and my life and our cases,” Steel, 59, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I could be looking at an issue for a month and I’m just jogging and it’s so clear to me. I can’t believe I didn’t see it before.”

Young ’s attorney Brian Steel starts his days at 4:30 a.m. with a 2-mile run. Then it’s off to the gym to lift weights and swim. After court wraps, back to the pool.Meet the marathon-running Atlanta lawyer representing rapper

In this interview, attorney Bumpus said her and Woody have a good relationship. She has represented him before. When he told the judge "she fired", he was doing it for her, because she was only supposed to represent him while he was in custody. Woody didn't want her forced to stay.

Attorney Bumpus revealed there were FOURTEEN people in the room for the ex parte hearing. 14!

@cathyrusson

"Glanville, as Chief Judge, has obstructed defense counsel's attempts to have a disinterested party review the numerous allegations contained in at least four affidavits which allege judicial misconduct and unfair proceedings. These affidavits, if true, would constitute serious violations of the Code of Judicial Ethics."

4:27 PM · Jun 20, 2024

@cathyrusson

"Assuming this Court would not get the opportunity to review the decisions on the multiple Motions to Recuse unless or until the underlying case was concluded, Glanville continues to hide behind a purported standard that his actions would be reviewed in hindsight for abuse of discretion."

"Glanville's court is where writs go to die." - @doug_weinstein

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hirundo
Back