GA - Rapper Young + others indicted on RICO & other charges, May 2022. Trial ongoing April 2023, interruptions, lawyer arrested. Fulton County.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@JozsefPapp_

The first two witnesses have testified about the same incident relating to Trontavious Stephens, who took a plea deal in Dec. 2022, where he acknowledge to being involved in overt act 1 and a co-founder of #YSL. Condition of deal includes: testifying if called.

12:35 PM · Nov 30, 2023

Judge Glanville is on the bench, we are just waiting for the rest of the attorneys to come into the courtroom to get started.

“I know it wasn’t intentional," Judge Glanville began court today addressing the footage that showed the jurors faces for a brief moment yesterday. He simply asked that the media follow their rule 22 and not show the jurors faces.

1st witness today is Melissa Rosser. She is not law enforcement and said she was a "house mom" for an Atlanta adult club

YoungThug's attorney Keith Adams has already objected twice and asked for a bench conference just minutes after her testimony began due to relevance.

Rosser said she also owns other businesses. She began to explain what a "house mom" does and it appears that she handles most of the paperwork relating to operating a nightclub.

There has been a bench conference for the last couple of minutes regarding this witness' testimony.

Judge Glanville said unless the state has additional info, he doesn't want to bring additional attention to it.“I’m just not going to weird them out," Glanville said about the jurors.

Before we took a 5-minute break, DA Simone Hylton expressed concerns about the footage of the jurors faces and a social media post that went viral yesterday. Hylton said the state was worried about jurors being contacted due to the footage or the post.

Judge Glanville said unless the state has additional info, he doesn't want to bring additional attention to it.“I’m just not going to weird them out," Glanville said about the jurors.

It seems that Rosser is testifying regarding an incident that occurred as she left one of the adult clubs she works at.
The first overt act in indictment allegedly occurred Jan. 25, 2013, an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon involving Trontavious Stephens.

Stephens entered a negotiated guilty plea on Dec. 29, 2022. He plead to one count of conspiracy to violate RICO.He was sentenced to 10 years, 2 years commuted to time served, 8 years probation.

After the whole juror faces debacle, I decided to make sure I could take pictures with my phone and I, in fact, can. So here is a picture of YoungThug and his attorneys today.

DA Adriane Love finally asked Rosser about Trontavious Stephens, but the witness said that she doesn't really remember names of people who go to the adult nightclubs.

YoungThug’s attorney Keith Adams is now cross-examining the state’s witness, Melissa Rosser.

We are done with Melissa Rosser's testimony and now are moving on to Atlanta Police Department Capt. Reginald Pettis. Judge Glanville asked the cameras not to show Capt. Pettis' face per the request of the prosecution.

She will not be called back to testify.

We are on a lunch break until 2 p.m. Once we are back, we will probably listen from more witnesses from the state.

We are done with Capt. Pettis. YoungThug's attorney Keith Adams and attorney Careton Matthews Sr. cross-examine Pettis about his recollection about possible gang signs he claims to have seen from Stephens, while investigating the case.

The first two witnesses have testified about the same incident relating to Trontavious Stephens, who took a plea deal in Dec. 2022, where he acknowledge to being involved in overt act 1 and a co-founder of #YSL. Condition of deal includes: testifying if called.

During cross-examination, YoungThug's attorney Keith Adams questioned Capt. Pettis about the fact that he makes no mention of gang signs in the report relating to the incident.

Something curious that I have already seen happen twice is that when the camera is move to focus on someone else, a deputy approaches to look at what the camera is recording.

This might simply be related to the request not to record the witness' face relating to APD Capt. Pettis.

ATLANTA - The judge commenced day 4 of Young 's trial by addressing an incident that occurred on Wednesday. The mishap involved a television media pool camera operated by FOX 5, which inadvertently displayed the images of at least two members of the jury. The incident quickly gained traction on social media.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/yo...them&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Published November 30, 2023 5:42AM
Updated 12:51PM
YSL Trial

Phillips said he returned from vacation around July 10, 2013. When he came back, his door was ajar and he called police. He later noticed that some items were missing including two guns - a handgun and a shotgun, a laptop.

4:15 PM · Nov 30, 2023

Young ’s attorney Keith Adams inspects the gun before it is shown to Phillips.

Phillips confirmed, without being able to see the serial number, said it does look like his stolen firearm. He said it's a very specific firearm because it is one that is issued to Navy Seals, although he wasn't in the Navy Seals and thought it would be cool to have.

4:22 PM · Nov 30, 2023

DA Adriane Love asked Phillips if he had given permission to someone named Jeffery Williams to have or hold his firearms and Phillips said no.

4:25 PM · Nov 30, 2023

Phillips said that the shotgun was not recovered to his knowledge.Young 's attorney Keith Adams is cross-examining Phillips now.

4:26 PM · Nov 30, 2023

Adams approached Phillips to talk about the gun but Phillips said he could not recall the gun's serial number off the top of his head but that the gun looked like it.Phillips has been temporarily excused so he might be called back in the future.

4:32 PM · Nov 30, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member