GA - Rapper Young + others indicted on RICO & other charges, May 2022. Trial ongoing April 2023, interruptions, lawyer arrested. Fulton County.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@cathyrusson

Stephens acknowledges that in a group chat with several #YSL members, #YoungThug asks the group: "Y'all ain't beat em up or shot em yet? Y'all gettin soft" In another group chat says "YSL rule the world..ya'll just start bringing me the money." This goes to the state's case that is the leader of a criminal street gang.

12:38 PM · Jan 4, 2024

"Sit down and stop interrupting, Mr. Matthews!" Judge Glanville yelled at Deamonte Kendrick aka #YakGotti's attorney during court today. "I don't need any help from you."

1:08 PM · Jan 4, 2024

ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - Thursday, Jan. 4, 2024, marked one year since jury selection began in Young ’s massive RICO and gang-related trial in Fulton County, Georgia.

Trontavious Stephens returned to the witness stand Thursday, as Fulton County Chief Deputy District Attorney Adriane Love continued trying to build her case that YSL (Young Slime Life or Young Stoner’s Life) is a criminal street gang behind numerous of violent acts.

Opening statements began Monday, Nov. 27, 2023, in a trial expected to last at least six months. Prosecutors expect to call at least 400 witnesses.

Updated: 1 hour ago

Last edited:
Back in court today resuming Trontavious Stephens' testimony in the #YSL trial. Prosecutor Love asked who in the courtroom is a member of YSL today. "All of them," he said, referring to the defendants.

“Does telling on your friends to a jury make you a rat," Love asks. “I don’t know," Stephens said. “I don’t feel like telling the truth should make you a good or bad person.”

Love presses Stephens to confirm or deny if some of the lyrics that YSL raps are true. "They can rap about the amount of money that they have and I don’t know the amount of money they have.”

Stephens confirms to Love that members of YSL call Young "King Slime" and "Spider." He also confirmed that Slimelife Shawty, who accepted a plea deal last year, is a member of YSL.

When asked how he knows the people he confirmed (including the defendants) are members of YSL, the gang, he said “by association.” “We all hang wth each other.”

When asked how he knew YSL committed crimes in furtherance of the gang, Stephens said “I’m a member and I’ve done things to increase the notoriety and furtherence...” He said he sold drugs and carried illegal guns.

Last post time:
10:34 AM · Jan 8, 2024

@jewelwickershow

WATCH LIVE: Young YSL RICO Trial — GA v. Jeffery Williams et al — Day 15​

Atlanta rapper Young , born Jeffery Williams, faces multiple charges under Georgia's RICO Act. Williams, believed to be the leader of the YSL collective, supposedly operated a "criminal street gang" from outside his residence. Williams faces eight charges in a 65-count indictment. These charges include drug possession, possession with intent to distribute, and participating in criminal gang activity as an individual employed by a criminal street gang. Opening statements will take place on November 27.

And another option to watch live:

@jewelwickershow

Love just asked about a sweater is wearing that says "SP5DER." Stephens said it spells "Spider" and that the 5 is "for an artist who passed away. Juice WRLD." Love asks if the no. 5 has any relevance to Bloods. Stephens said "yes."

11:24 AM · Jan 8, 2024

Love just showed a clip that has Stephens, and others in it. Stephens confirmed that is throwing up a "B" for Blood and a gun sign in the video.

11:31 AM · Jan 8, 2024

@jewelwickershow
https://twitter.com/jewelwickershow

Brian Steel is asking Stephens to read a number of Instagram messages on cross. Some of the messages involve a discussion about the diamond Lil Uzi had planted in his face and the jewelry Tory Lanez taped to his forehead in response.
3:41 PM · Jan 8, 2024

Steel is focusing on a message from that said “YSL rule the rule kid. 24m on a head.” Prosecutors have used this message to suggest gang activity but in full context it seems to be about the diamond implant Uzi had implanted in his head.
4:24 PM · Jan 8, 2024

While being cross examined by Brian Steel, Stephens said offered him a job as a bag carrier and told him to stop selling drugs.

5:12 PM · Jan 8, 2024

A few earlier X tweets from @ShaddiAbusaid during cross:
https://twitter.com/ShaddiAbusaid
@ShaddiAbusaid

After three days of questioning Tick, prosecutors pass the witness. Young 's attorney, Brian Steel, crosses first.

1:55 PM · Jan 8, 2024

Stephens' mother died when he was 18 months old.Growing up, he and Young would put their money together and split a $3 value meal at McDonald's. "We would all pitch in and split a meal. If we found 3 dollars we’d put three dollars together to get the McDonald’s meal."

2:18 PM · Jan 8, 2024

Brian Steel: How many times has Jeffery committed a crime to further the interest of YSL the gang? Stephens: I don’t recall. I don’t know.

2:36 PM · Jan 8, 2024

Facing a lengthy sentence as a recidivist, Stephens said he agreed to take the state's plea deal (which is why he's on the stand now)He was released from the Fulton jail the same day.

3:11 PM · Jan 8, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member