GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot in Wendy’s car park, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 *officer charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a mess.. we all pretty much knew where this was heading when the officer was fired rather than put on administrative leave while the incident was investigated. From what I have read about the presser the D.A. has painted the officers with racism without any consideration to their demeanor before Brooks resisted arrest, stole the taser, ran and fired the taser at the officer. Why aren't incidents like this automatically reviewed by independent investigators from another jurisdiction and without political ties to the community to guard against muddying the waters of finding out all the facts and relaying the facts to the public ?

What a mess.. we all pretty much knew where this was heading when the officer was fired rather than put on administrative leave while the incident was investigated. From what I have read about the presser the D.A. has painted the officers with racism without any consideration to their demeanor before Brooks resisted arrest, stole the taser, ran and fired the taser at the officer. Why aren't incidents like this automatically reviewed by independent investigators from another jurisdiction and without political ties to the community to guard against muddying the waters of finding out all the facts and relaying the facts to the public ?
honestly that is what I thought the GBI was doing. guess not..
JMO

Why aren't incidents like this automatically reviewed by independent investigators from another jurisdiction and without political ties to the community to guard against muddying the waters of finding out all the facts and relaying the facts to the public ?

Let me answer by giving this famous quoted answer:
" At this point, what difference does it make?"

smh

2 men, former officers, address the topic so much better than I ever could.
Bernie Kerik, Dan Bongino react to shooting death of black man by Atlanta police

If you listen to the cop, everything will go smoothly, they argue, but, one factor that plays into it is each individual and his/her personality, say, if the LE or the perp has an issue with anger or is racist/sexist... In RB's case, the 2 LEs spent over half an hour dealing with an intoxicated guy, so I'd say they were pretty patient. In GF's case, DC wasn't so level headed. These situations are specific to those involved, so maybe they could put something in place to deal with them after they happen, more thoroughly? MOO

This DA has just given every **** out there carte blanche to continue with their own lawlessness. Prepare

I actually think that this gives the officer a chance. A reasonable juror will realize that Brooks was a danger. And the state will not meet the burden of proof.

But, of course, that is applying logic and interpretation of the law. Not a group of folks who are carrying torches and pitchforks.

Not sure it this has already been posted. Full story from the Guardian's US Bureau:

Rayshard Brooks shooting: Atlanta officer charged with felony murder

Also from the G's breaking news feed:

Fulton county district attorney Paul Howard revealed that Atlanta police officer Garrett Rolfe knew the taser Rayshard Brooks took from him was not functional.

The taser had already been fired twice and thus was of no use when Rolfe shot Brooks twice in the back as he was running away.

The detail underscores that Rolfe was aware he was in no physical danger when he fatally shot Brooks. Cameras also captured Rolfe kicking Brooks as he was on the ground struggling for his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orlando1124