GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot in Wendy’s car park, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 *officer charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Officer Rolfe had deployed his taser and held it steady in hopes the prongs would catch onto Mr. Brooks body and neutralize him. Unfortunately, that didn’t occur.”

I don’t know if it didn’t hit him or didn’t neutralize him. The other officer’s taser was used by Mr Brooks and hit officer Brosnan . I posted that info up thread. This article also alluded to the fact that Rolfe only saw the flash of the taser. After watching the struggle in the video, I don’t think Rolfe knew for sure that Mr Brooks didn’t also grab the gun, in addition to Brosnan’s taser.

11 charges, including murder, for officer who shot Rayshard Brooks; 2nd officer also charged
I think we can see that Brooks clearly is running away with the large yellow taser in his right hand and nothing in his left hand.

For years I've been very impressed with DAs because they never stoop to the level of trying their case before a trial is held, and they certainly don't convict any defendant in the court of public opinion. Most all DAs are very mindful of due process, and IUPG. It's obvious Paul Howard is not one of those.

Maybe he's hoping this will be a big distraction to his own problems he's having that may land him in the criminal justice system as a defendant himself.

Now I have seen one who is very willing to stoop to that level. Paul Howard.

It's easy to layout a case against any defendant when there isn't anyone there to defend the defendant nor tell the other side.

Jmho
My thoughts exactly.
And this guy is wondering why a DA can't indict someone without a grand jury indictment?
I think he just proved why.

Now the charges are starting to make more sense...because without this, I don't see why they would be charged.
It wasn't the shooter's taser that Brooks took.
I'm a bit confused about the taser thing. The DA said Rolfe knew he discharged his taser twice. Problem is Brooks took Brosnan's taser, not Rolfe's. Here's the footage of the struggle:

Truth be told, from the footage I can't really tell if Brosnan ever had the chance to discharge the taser before Brooks took it. When Rolfe used his, the discharge was pretty loud and noticeable. I think the defense could reasonably claim that during the course of the melee, Rolfe had no idea how many times Brosnan used his taser.
IMO, it's doubtful if Rolfe knew that Brooks had grabbed a taser or if maybe a handgun from the other officer.

Is it typical to interview someone suspected of a dui for 41 minutes? I really have no idea. Anyone know.
Officer Rolfe had deployed his taser and held it steady in hopes the prongs would catch onto Mr. Brooks body and neutralize him. Unfortunately, that didn’t occur.”

I don’t know if it didn’t hit him or didn’t neutralize him. The other officer’s taser was used by Mr Brooks and hit officer Brosnan . I posted that info up thread. This article also alluded to the fact that Rolfe only saw the flash of the taser. After watching the struggle in the video, I don’t think Rolfe knew for sure that Mr Brooks didn’t also grab the gun, in addition to Brosnan’s taser.

11 charges, including murder, for officer who shot Rayshard Brooks; 2nd officer also charged

Officers are taught to communicate with their partners when 5hey think a suspect has a deadly weapon or has taken one of theirs.

In the transcript the officer admits to standing on his arm. Also in the transcript he will make the decision about being a state witness tomorrow. The DA didn't mention any assault on the police by Brooks. He also says they did not inform Brooks he was under arrest. DA says Brooks wasn't a threat because he was running away. DA the superior court makes the decision to indict and that would be in October I think he said.

The DA said the officer admitted to it. The DA also said several things that Officer Brosnan’s attorney said is not accurate. Officer Brosnan’s attorney also said that the officer had been tased, hit his head, and was limping. That doesn’t seem in line with what the DA describes.

Is it typical to interview someone suspected of a dui for 41 minutes? I really have no idea. Anyone know.

Officers are taught to communicate with their partners when 5hey think a suspect has a deadly weapon or has taken one of theirs.

According to the WSBTV article, Officer Rolfe wasn’t Officer Brosnan’s partner. He was called in to evaluate whether Mr Brooks was under the influence or suffering from a medical condition.

“Mr. Brooks appeared to be impaired – either from a medical condition or possibly from alcohol. That is why Devin called for an officer specially trained in roadside evaluation to respond to the scene. Once the other officer responded – Officer Rolfe – it became Rolfe’s investigation. “

Sounds like he was still fighting with the officers after he had been shot and they were trying to handcuff him?
No I don't think so. I think the kick was probably to the taser and the standing on the arm to prevent another shot. They then retrieved the medical kit to give first aid but DA said it was two minutes before they began CPR. Perhaps they were trying to staunch the bleeding but one shot was in the heart, the DA said, one other shot hit him and one shot hit a nearby car with people in it from Memphis. :-(

Makes me wonder if he was kicking the weapon away from Brooks which is common police procedure.

I need to research the video. One of the officer went to the vehicle 2 minutes after the shots. I know I would have ran, most would.
Imho....

Last edited:
"Ending 'police brutality' is actually pretty simple. Just stop breaking the law, resisting arrest, and obey their orders."

And allow and encourage LEOs to report the very small percentage of officers who actually do cross that line, but IMOO they cross that line no matter the color of a person's skin.

According to the WSBTV article, Officer Rolfe wasn’t Officer Brosnan’s partner. He was called in to evaluate whether Mr Brooks was under the influence or suffering from a medical condition.

“Mr. Brooks appeared to be impaired – either from a medical condition or possibly from alcohol. That is why Devin called for an officer specially trained in roadside evaluation to respond to the scene. Once the other officer responded – Officer Rolfe – it became Rolfe’s investigation. “

yes, that happens early with a CGI graphic in the edited footage here, which IMO answers a lot of questions.

Body cam footage of Rayshard Brooks’ death shows calm, then chaos

to wit; responding officer asked him to drive his car out of the drive thru, where RB really is in the middle of, and take it the 12 or so feet to a parking space.

this to me, means the responding officer trusts RB, and does not start out treating him as a flight risk.

secondly, RB tries to use everybody’s birthday as an excuse (mother’s, then girlfriend’s, then daughter’s); and feigns to have zero idea what he has been drinking, at one point referring to it as ‘top shelf’ (does this mean these drinks were in a bar?)

also, he clearly knows he won’t pass a breathalyzer; but he can’t figure out how to slip out of taking one. He knows if he says ‘no’ that this is a one-way ticket straight to jail; because if you refuse to blow, IIRC, those are the consequences.

now, if you are a cop, and don’t know that said person is ‘getting their life straight’, how do you know what you are getting in a potential perpetrator? All you know is some guy acting like anybody who stereotypically is desperate to evade arrest.

I'm a bit confused about the taser thing. The DA said Rolfe knew he discharged his taser twice. Problem is Brooks took Brosnan's taser, not Rolfe's. Here's the footage of the struggle:

Truth be told, from the footage I can't really tell if Brosnan ever had the chance to discharge the taser before Brooks took it. When Rolfe used his, the discharge was pretty loud and noticeable. I think the defense could reasonably claim that during the course of the melee, Rolfe had no idea how many times Brosnan used his taser.
It was pretty chaotic and he got away from the pair of them as well as taking a primed taser.

In the transcript the officer admits to standing on his arm. Also in the transcript he will make the decision about being a state witness tomorrow. The DA didn't mention any assault on the police by Brooks. He also says they did not inform Brooks he was under arrest. DA says Brooks wasn't a threat because he was running away. DA the superior court makes the decision to indict and that would be in October I think he said, with Grand Jury possibly January. So Rolfe will be in jail for 6 months due to no bail.
Isn't it simply amazing that the DA neglected to mention the assault on the officers. Simply amazing. Where was the posters showing this assault? DA needs to recuse himself from any involvement in this case. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell