CONVICTION OVERTURNED GA - Ross Harris Trial Appeal, hot car death of son, Cooper

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her story is she weighed the possibilities and panicked at the thought of the worst one. But not because she has ever believed Harris intentionally left Cooper in the car. Because, she says, Harris was very forgetful.

The Harris case question is all about intent. There is no question of intent with Watts. I see very little similar about the Watts case. And Watts may have shown no grief over his dead kids, but that's not true with Harris, although some believe he was faking it.
Bolded by me.

I wonder about prevention. It would seem to me that many cases of “forgotten baby syndrome” are related to undiagnosed ADHD. JMO. I noticed this strange commonality between many such cases, they often happen when normal daily routine is somehow interrupted (another case that was posted here, a young family with two kids and two working parents, and one of two cars broke down, for example).

In this context, it is important that Harris was very forgetful.

https://stoptogether.com/the-unspoken-connection-between-adhd-*advertiser censored*-addiction/

I never will doubt he did do it on purpose. The only doubt I have is did he and his wife plan it together?
I'll never doubt that either.

I've never fully made my mind up about her, because of her actions and own words.
Her concern was for Ross. Her instinct was to get to him, not her baby son. She didn't even ask to see Cooper.

And I'll always wonder what she meant by asking Ross, "Did you say too much?"
I've yet to hear one plausible explanation why she'd ask that about an 'accident' that caused the horrific death of her baby son.

I never will doubt he did do it on purpose. The only doubt I have is did he and his wife plan it together?

Whoa -- I didn't really follow this trial so had no idea that this was even a possibility. Given how crap a husband and father (and employee) RH seems to have been, what would she have had to gain by planning the death of Cooper?

Whoa -- I didn't really follow this trial so had no idea that this was even a possibility. Given how crap a husband and father (and employee) RH seems to have been, what would she have had to gain by planning the death of Cooper?
She had absolutely nothing to gain. Nothing. To even hint at her involvement when she's never been a POI or suspect is... I have no words. 'There but for the grace of god, go I'.

She had absolutely nothing to gain. Nothing. To even hint at her involvement when she's never been a POI or suspect is... I have no words. 'There but for the grace of god, go I'.
She was definitely a suspect, LE testified to that at trial.

I *believe* that's when we first found out she had also searched hot car deaths. Her response to that was she googled it because it was her worst fear.

As it was a long testimony, I don't have time right now to go through the Detective's testimony to link. (I will, though).

In the meantime, I found this:

1670009600489.png

She was definitely a suspect, LE testified to that at trial.

I *believe* that's when we first found out she had also searched hot car deaths. Her response to that was she googled it because it was her worst fear.

As it was a long testimony, I don't have time right now to go through the Detective's testimony to link. (I will, though).

In the meantime, I found this:

View attachment 384503

I stand corrected. She wasn't arrested though so, on here, she's still classed as a victim.

I just don't think it's fair that she will, undoubtedly, be racked through the coals again when Harris has his 2nd trial, but that's social media for you. I just hope WS will remain victim friendly.

I stand corrected. She wasn't arrested though so, on here, she's still classed as a victim.

I just don't think it's fair that she will, undoubtedly, be racked through the coals again when Harris has his 2nd trial, but that's social media for you. I just hope WS will remain victim friendly.
I have always suspected her involvement. Since she was named a suspect, and was never, to my knowledge officially cleared, does she still have victim status here?

ADMIN NOTE

At this time, Websleuths is only allowing the one person who was charged in this case to be discussed as a suspect. That is Ross Harris. If that changes, it will be announced here on the thread.

CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

Last edited:
I just bought a 2020 Subaru Crosstrek yesterday. It has a safety feature that if you have opened either of the back doors before driving- when you turn off the engine you get an audible tone AND a message on the dash "Remember to check back seat".
If you have not opened a back door- no message so no message fatigue.
I don't have littles- but what an improvement!
I've said all along that car manufacturers could step up and do something to help prevent the forgotten baby problem. Good for Subaru!

When is the new trial? I'm not surprised this was overturned. I thought at the time that the sexting should have been excluded. I thought there was more than enough evidence without it. And it's probative value is really outweighed by how inflammatory it is. AMOO

When is the new trial? I'm not surprised this was overturned. I thought at the time that the sexting should have been excluded. I thought there was more than enough evidence without it. And it's probative value is really outweighed by how inflammatory it is. AMOO

I don't think it's been confirmed that he's being retried. Only thing I've heard is the prosecution may charge him with additional sexual exploitation charges as there was some agreement not to pursue these unless the malice murder case was overturned. But I don't agree about the evidence. I don't think there is any evidence that Harris intended to murder Cooper, and that intent is needed for what is essentially a first degree murder conviction. I'm not saying he didn't; only that it's not an easy to prove what is in someone's mind and I think the prosecution intentionally muddied the waters with Harris's sexting behavior to tilt the scale in their direction.

I don't know if I forgot about this possible new charge or if I missed it in the first place:

The fact that his conviction was overturned doesn’t mean Harris will be able to walk out of prison. He still has time to serve a 12-year-term for sexual activity with the 16-year-old.

A new charge of computer *advertiser censored* has also come to light. Holloway said that during the trial, both the prosecution and defense agreed that the new charges would only come to light if the murder convictions were overturned.

I don't know if I forgot about this possible new charge or if I missed it in the first place:

The fact that his conviction was overturned doesn’t mean Harris will be able to walk out of prison. He still has time to serve a 12-year-term for sexual activity with the 16-year-old.

A new charge of computer *advertiser censored* has also come to light. Holloway said that during the trial, both the prosecution and defense agreed that the new charges would only come to light if the murder convictions were overturned.
Yes, he'll be in prison a good long time. But that in and of itself may cause the prosecution to consider not re-trying him specifically on malice murder. Time will tell, I guess.

I don't think it's been confirmed that he's being retried. Only thing I've heard is the prosecution may charge him with additional sexual exploitation charges as there was some agreement not to pursue these unless the malice murder case was overturned. But I don't agree about the evidence. I don't think there is any evidence that Harris intended to murder Cooper, and that intent is needed for what is essentially a first degree murder conviction. I'm not saying he didn't; only that it's not an easy to prove what is in someone's mind and I think the prosecution intentionally muddied the waters with Harris's sexting behavior to tilt the scale in their direction.
I agree that the texts shouldn't have been used, regardless of there was or wasn't enough evidence to convict without them. So, is he out of prison?

Yes, he'll be in prison a good long time. But that in and of itself may cause the prosecution to consider not re-trying him specifically on malice murder. Time will tell, I guess.
They'll find a way to keep him in for nearly all of his life, imoo. The state, some more than others, doesn't take kindly to losing.

So if he was convicted in 2016 and the only sentence that is currently valid is 12 years, and he was arrested in 2014 and gets 2 years time served (assuming he was in custody until trial), that means he only has 4 years left to serve, right? I'm conflicted about this case. I think it's too emotional for me. Looking at pictures of that sweet boy and then imagining him in the hot car for 8 hours just makes me so mad that I don't care if it was intentional or not, let him rot in prison.

So what if the truth is that he forgot about him because he was so wrapped up in himself and his perversions. Idc. Rot in prison!

So what if the truth is that he forgot about him because he was so wrapped up in himself and his perversions. Idc. Rot in prison!

It matters because he was found guilty of malice murder (similarly to first degree murder this requires intent) and sentenced accordingly. Had he been convicted of a lesser count because the jury determined he forgot about Cooper because he was wrapped up in his non-stop sexting, he would have received a lesser sentence. That's the way the judicial system works, and that's the way it should work, even if we are thoroughly disgusted by Harris' behavior and what happened to the baby as a result.

Currently he's not convicted of any degree of homicide at all. That ball is in the prosecution's court now. If they opt to go with malice murder with no option for a lesser charge once again, this time it may be more difficult to convince a jury that he intentionally murdered Cooper.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back