GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is important. Someone's involved in an affair, and hides it because of the shame and humiliation that would come from it being public. It's not hard to see how the hiding it could get out of control, and lie piles upon lie in an attempt to maintain control - which of course just keeps making things worse. It's not exactly an unknown scenario. Didn't we have a governor make up something about "hiking the Appalachian trail" in exactly this kind of exercise? People that should know better get in over their heads and panic and act even more shamefully.

It seems that there's two primary things that really look bad for AS. 1) the issue of when she found out RS was shot; and 2) the sheer volume and timing of communication between her and HN.

In order:
1) This is a weird one - I can't see how lying about this would have helped AS or helped or hurt HN. It wasn't a matter of "keeping stories straight" or anything at all involving the defendant. But it does seem that in the unimaginable stress and frantic activity of the moment, it would be easy to mis-remember something like this. Surely AS herself would have made her story consistent if she was remembering the day accurately - there was no incentive not to. So this feels to me like it doesn't have enormous weight.

2) This one is kind of ugly. But I do have some personal experience with an affair in a shameful episode long ago and in another life. And I can say that the constant emails and text messages become addictive. It's part of the rush that fuels the thing. So it's a bit excessive and gives one reason to wonder, but again, I can't say it's conclusive.

I will say this: if you looked over the addictive trail of communication in my aforementioned affair, there'd be no doubt in your mind about what was going on. It was all there in very clear, explicit detail. I have a hard time with there being thousands of written communications, but nothing that either side can produce that's proof positive of either an ongoing, torrid affair or complicity. It's really odd and doesn't, to me, help implicate AS.

This is how I see AS. Her lying was to try to hide the affair. The lies just made everything worse for her. It would have been much better for her if she would have been honest about it.

WSB-TV ‏ @wsbtv Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Judge in Neuman trial has granted jurors permission to watch video clips in the case.

7 min ago on Twitter

The jury is in the courtroom to view an exhibit of video. They're going to have to locate the equipment and set it up. It's a 5 or 6 hour video. He wants them to deliberate until they find and set up everything. He's telling them they wouldn't be done until about 7:30 and to make arrangements with their day care providers.

Video will be ready at 1:30. Jurors are going to have lunch at their regular time.

fran

The jury is in the courtroom to view an exhibit of video. They're going to have to locate the equipment and set it up. It's a 5 or 6 hour video. He wants them to deliberate until they find and set up everything. He's telling them they wouldn't be done until about 7:30 and to make arrangements with their day care providers.

Video will be ready at 1:30. Jurors are going to have lunch at their regular time.

fran

Thanks Fran - especially interesting in light of the ONE note sent to the judge yesterday from the jury, asking if they could get off at 5 today! And to those that are keeping us up to date here with what is going on 'cause we can't do/don't have time to, thanks! :rocker:

Deliberations will be long me thinks. I am certain HN knew exactly what was what. Does he have some sort of mental illness? Possible. Where's the medication? If there was any sort of ongoing treatment after arrest, the DT would have brought that on - they didn't.

As for AS, I honestly don't see her as a criminal mastermind. She is not the smartest cookie in the jar i don't think.

The reporter says he believes the video the jurors want to view is the defendant in an interview with Dr. Pam Crawford. Exhibit 12. There are two other interviews with Dr. Crawford, 103 and 104. Not sure if they want to see all three, but he states 12 is the defense subset from the prosecution's 103 and 104 with Dr. Crawford.

Hmmmm........., I think they're stuck on if he's sane or not.

fwiw
fran

Of course, you never know what a jury will come back with, but here's Nancy Grace on GMA talking about the closing arguments. What a coincidence, the exact interview recording the jurors are asking to view again, is the one NG said damaged the defense in the final days of their case. Seems the jury is having their own questions about it.

Bet the defense team is sweating bullets about now. LOL, wonder if they'll be able to eat their lunch.

JMHO
fran

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...-nancy-grace-on-closing-arguments/?hpt=ng_mid

However, according to Grace, Neuman’s defense was badly damaged in the final days of the trial by the testimony of two prosecution mental health experts, including video from his interviews with Dr. Pamela Crawford. Neuman did not take the stand during the defense case, but the recordings gave the jury a chance to see him describe his actions in his own words.

Of course, you never know what a jury will come back with, but here's Nancy Grace on GMA talking about the closing arguments. What a coincidence, the exact interview recording the jurors are asking to view again, is the one NG said damaged the defense in the final days of their case. Seems the jury is having their own questions about it.

Bet the defense team is sweating bullets about now. LOL, wonder if they'll be able to eat their lunch.

JMHO
fran

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...-nancy-grace-on-closing-arguments/?hpt=ng_mid

However, according to Grace, Neuman’s defense was badly damaged in the final days of the trial by the testimony of two prosecution mental health experts, including video from his interviews with Dr. Pamela Crawford. Neuman did not take the stand during the defense case, but the recordings gave the jury a chance to see him describe his actions in his own words.

BBM - Hopefully they aren't having that "insanity sandwich" with a side of "french-fried lies". Anything else might be easier to swallow!

I think if the Jury spends the afternoon reviewing the PT's video, they will have a verdict tomorrow. MOO

All this sandwich talk made me hungry. I think it's time to scout this place for some munchies.... :detective:

wsbtv.com is streaming live from the courtroom now. I think it might just be the jury coming in to watch the videos.

I just turned this on, and don't know what has been happening for the last little while, but the Judge appears to be a little irritated to me. JMO

Video has been started for the jury, and it is being played on a laptop in front of the jury. Small laptop speakers on each side. WHY would this need to be shown on a laptop? They are in a court room that has screens and a speaker system, and they are having to watch this on a laptop. Makes no sense to me....

It appears the video the jury was viewing on the laptop, was the part provided by the defense. Where he was talking about being alone during the weekends in Israel and he saw the demon.

Now they're watching on a big screen, the videos provided by the prosecution. It's apparently filmed in the jail and you cannot see the doctor.

fwiw
fran

PS, this is the link for the live blog roll from the Dunwoody Patch. Earlier there was sound, but they don't have sound now. Just the reporter. The black print is the reporter and the blue printed comments are by viewers. hth, fran

http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/hemy-neuman-trial-jurors-deliberate

ETA, apparently not all the jurors are interested in the video. The reporter said a couple look bored. The defendant is watching the video

That is an issue. I'm confused about when she made the calls to her friend and her father in law-was it when she was on the way to the hospital, after she had gone to the daycare? That's what I thought I had read. If that's the case, I thought maybe she had heard people talking outside the daycare about a shooting and she realized that it was Rusty. Even if the daycare employees didn't tell her, there were probably lots of other people around talking about it. If it was before she went to the daycare, then that would change my opinion of her. I am waiting to see if she is charged as a co-conspirator. I am new to following these kind of trials. It's very possible that I have read her wrong.

on the facebook feed for one of our local stations, it says the jurors only requested to watch a 16 minute segment, but could choose to watch more or the whole thing.

If a juror is already sure about their vote, then I could see how this might make them a little bored and frustrated. 6 hours of video??? UGH!

Especially if it is between GBMI vs. Guilty, where it really doesn't matter so much.

It appears the video the jury was viewing on the laptop, was the part provided by the defense. Where he was talking about being alone during the weekends in Israel and he saw the demon.

Now they're watching on a big screen, the videos provided by the prosecution. It's apparently filmed in the jail and you cannot see the doctor.

fwiw
fran

PS, this is the link for the live blog roll from the Dunwoody Patch. Earlier there was sound, but they don't have sound now. Just the reporter. The black print is the reporter and the blue printed comments are by viewers. hth, fran

http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/hemy-neuman-trial-jurors-deliberate

ETA, apparently not all the jurors are interested in the video. The reporter said a couple look bored. The defendant is watching the video

Thanks Fran! Glad to see the rest is shown on the screen. And thank you for the blog info!!

I honestly don't see AS being directly involved, meaning I don't see that she was working with HN and manipulating HN to murder her husband. She made a bad mistake getting involved with her boss and continued to make mistakes by not being completely honest about their relationship after Rusty's murder. I can't even imagine how much regret she must feel.

I agree. I think she was flattered, flirted and fooled HN but HN acted alone from his delusions. I truly believe that. She may have lied to cover her tracks so as not to look bad about her relationship with Rusty but something is telling me that is the extent of her involvement. HN acted alone.
:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member