GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I recall yesterday one of the questions the jury had for the judge, had to do with IF guilty, by mental defect, could he go to an institution and the doctor diagnose him sane and then he be released? Not sure exactly how the question was posed, but that is the gist of it.

The judge said 'no,' he would have to reappear before him, as judge, and a sentence would be imposed.

If anyone else remembers differently, let me know.

JMHO
fran

Jury going back to jury room, now judge is going to speak

Whoa! 3 pm sentencing! I didn't know this would differ from other states and doing immediate sentencing. in GA they don't have jurors do sentencing? Is the judge going to state TODAY the sentence?

Where can I find the charges ?

What is count 1? What is count 2? TIA

Whoa! 3 pm sentencing! I didn't know this would differ from other states and doing immediate sentencing. in GA they don't have jurors do sentencing? Is the judge going to state TODAY the sentence?

Yes. The prosecution requested sentencing today because Rusty's family doesn't live in the area and for convenience purposes requested it be done today.

OK folks, I'm confused. I would have thought that guilty, and GBMI were mutually exclusionary. Can someone get me back on track please?!!!!!!!! They gave both?

He goes to prison, up to life sentence.

The department of prisons will be responsible for his mental health.

Rusty's brother was crying during the sentencing. Bless his heart.

fran

Well, now the State can go after Andrea , how evil she is to manipulate a mentally ill man!! This woman needs to be charged with something.!!!

He was guilty of murder 1, but with mental defect or illness
Guilty of committing a crime while in possession of a firearm.

On station I'm listening to they said he would go to jail until at least 79 until he can ask for parole. I think that's IF he doesn't get LWOP

JMHO
fran

He goes to prison, up to life sentence.

The department of prisons will be responsible for his mental health.

Rusty's brother was crying during the sentencing. Bless his heart.

fran

Was that his brother? I wasn't sure who it was. The lady beside was sobbing also. :cry:

I hope the judge gives him the harshest punishment possible. Rusty didn't deserve to die. He was an innocent man who was murdered by a selfish, despicable, evil man.

If he's allowed parole, in Ga. he has to spend a minimum of 30 years 1st.

For those who weren't here when the verdict was read, as the forewoman read the verdict, her voice cracked. :(

Rusty's brother was in the gallery and broke down in tears.

I don't think anyone else made a move. I'll look at the blog roll and see if they made a comment.

JMHO
fran

http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/hemy-neuman-trial-day-2-of-jury-deliberations

PS...they just said that when the verdict was read, Neuman closed his eyes, as if he was praying. ......... no comment :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member