GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this went on with a lot of the man killing wife murders at that time though, didn't it? Not exactly as in the Cooper case, but related. That the (later to be convicted) murders were asked to testify in child custody cases jeopardizing their criminal trials?
If that IS the case, I don't think that is morally right, though it may be legally kosher.

I'm not sure what other cases you are talking about. There was the Jason Young case (he murdered his wife, Michelle) in the same geographical area, but that murder happened 2 yrs before the Cooper case. In that case Michelle's family eventually sued to get visitation rights with Michelle's young daughter, and instead of setting up a visitation schedule, Jason Young just handed over custody of his daughter to the sister in law altogether, which was a big surprise as it was only visitation being asked for. He was arrested maybe 3 months later, was convicted in 2012, and is serving LWOP in prison for 1st degree murder.

PS Have you kept track of BC's appeal at all? Last I heard we were still waiting for a decision.

I have to some extent. Oral arguments were heard back in April and the appellate judges' decision is still pending. No idea when that decision will be made.

According to Vinelink, she has been transferred out of county at Dakalb.....being she is under " First Offender Status" she will not show up on the DOC...all it says is Active..
She would be at Arrendale State Prison in Alto Ga. That is where they do Diagnostic and Classification for women and will probably stay being it is a minimum security prison.

What with prison overcrowding and the nature of the convictions, AS's lawyers thing she should be out on parole or on bond pending her appeal.

As far as parole is concerned, I've always heard that one of the conditions is that the person must accept responsibility for the offenses. Don't think that will happen, especially with an appeal pending.

What bothers me the most is that, if under house arrest, a person is serving prison time! OK, they can't leave (except for certain reasons) and must wear an ankle monitor.

AS had almost a year of living with her parents and children. She ate well and had all the comforts of home. She even had her personal, live-in light bulb changer! Some heavy time!

What with prison overcrowding and the nature of the convictions, AS's lawyers thing she should be out on parole or on bond pending her appeal.

As far as parole is concerned, I've always heard that one of the conditions is that the person must accept responsibility for the offenses. Don't think that will happen, especially with an appeal pending.

What bothers me the most is that, if under house arrest, a person is serving prison time! OK, they can't leave (except for certain reasons) and must wear an ankle monitor.

AS had almost a year of living with her parents and children. She ate well and had all the comforts of home. She even had her personal, live-in light bulb changer! Some heavy time!

:silly:

According to Vinelink, she has been transferred out of county at Dakalb.....being she is under " First Offender Status" she will not show up on the DOC...all it says is Active..
She would be at Arrendale State Prison in Alto Ga. That is where they do Diagnostic and Classification for women and will probably stay being it is a minimum security prison.
Driving distance from Alto, GA to Atlanta, GA 73 Miles / 117 Km. How many hours? 1 hour 19 mins

I can't remember how far away AS's folks lived from her, but doesn't sound like it will be much of a drive for them. Does anyone remember where her brother lives?

Somehow this clip reminded me of AS:

[video=youtube;TSlcROX8HPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSlcROX8HPE[/video]

This is something I just found, and not may pertain to this trial, so delete if not appropriate, mods.
For anyone thinking HN has this delusional behavior regarding AS, I just found this:

Snippets of the Hemy Neuman Trial - Andrea Sneiderman's testimony - YouTube

As testifies that HN is "extremely normal", never acted "illogical or irrational", and never made her think "the defendant ever departed from reality".
Juxtapose this testimony with her outburst after finding out HN had been arrested. "HE's crazy!! He probably told you that I loved him" (paraphrased)

Is that not illogical or irrational for HN to say they were in love with one another (in AS's view)?

OH, I forgot - he was a stalker, too!! That's "rational".
For what it's worth, there is a video in the sidebar on that page of Neuman's ex-wife agreeing with Ms.Sniderman's original claim. According to the ex Mrs.Neuman, "he was never crazy, he never behaved in a strange way."

Oooooh, just found part of James's closing argument in the HN trial!!

The Hemy Neuman trial in short - YouTube
As A.S would say, "Yup!" James brings the point home, in a comical way. James:
'They (the defense) can't have it both ways. Either the angel and the demon were talking to Hemy, telling him to kill Rusty, or it was the demon he was sleeping with, the demon who came in here and testified--or I should say, testiLIED.'
lol.

In my opinion, the defense figured playing the crazy card and throwing A.S into the mix was their best option. Just as in the Arias trial, faced with overwhelming evidence, knowing they weren't going to be able to refute the facts, they tried the proverbial Hail Mary pass. Thankfully it didn't work in either case.

I remember watching this interview with HN's wife when it came out, wishing I could sit down and have a cup of coffee with her. Three young adults in college would tax any couple, let alone a single mother who has gone from riches to rags. I admire her resilient spirit, and would still, these years later, like to have that coffee with her.
I hope his children have flourished under her example of grace.
HN's brand of "crazy" sounds an awful lot like a midlife crisis to me. Not sure what AS's excuse is.

A.D.A., that "Yep" she kept saying full of attitude, made me want to slap that smirk right of AS's face. lol

I was watching JA today as they are showing clips for possible hearing on monday. But that point where she went after JM, That is the same posturing that AS had when being pushed by prosecutors.

I wonder if maybe AS would benefit from some kind of mental testing.

I do believe that HN is disturbed and am not surprised to find things in his past that could have affected him.

I think that having the whole tape in full context is important and I can not imagine why the defense did not request it. I have issues with snippets of things.

I guess I will just have to be continued to be irked about not having the whole tape.. ;)

I am sure it won't be the last time I am irked in a case.. :p

Hey friend, I want to clarify that although all we have heard are snippets, the defense absolutely 100% requested and absolutely 100% has a copy if the entire police interview tape. No defense attorney would fail to request that, not one. Ever. Period. And essentially, the state must release all evidence to the defense pre trial.

I wonder if the sneidermans can file for custody if AS the living parent has already decided where the children will live and who will care for them while she is incarcerated?

Her parents are the custodial guardians while she is in prison yes?

I just wonder how much power those grandparents have. Are there grandparent rights in their state?

Grandparents have rights in GA to visitation and the law recently strengthened those rights. But this is different. This would be in the nature of a guardianship case and anyone can petition for custody via a guardianship case, over the parent's objections. The parents' wishes are considered but are only one, small factor. What is pivotal is availability and best interests of he children.

The fact that a parent is unavailable because they are in prison is what is key, not really what they have been convicted of.

I'm sorry. Weird and gross. I hug my clients but this is excessively intimate to me. Ick.

Hi born. I'm not defending Cooper, but he did at least testify in the custody case KNOWING it would all be used against him in the criminal trial. He did it anyway.
In AS's case, she asked a judge to delay all the civil trials until the criminal trial was over. It was granted.I don't know if that is a difference in states, or judges, or what is involved.
On my best days, when I am trying to give def attorneys the benefit of the doubt, I think using the custody case to put the defendant in a position of loosing their children, or loosing their criminal case is unfair.

I think that her asking to have civil cases held until after trial is appropriate considering she was going to be on trial for murder at that point.

The difference in a custody case would vary greatly based on someone being a convicted murderer or not, or found to be responsible in a wrongful death hearing I would bet.

I agree that it is unfair. BC was on trial for the murder of his wife as well. And asking defendants to choose between defending themselves, or keeping custody of their children is not a position anyone should be put in. In his case, it was a custody case, not a wrongful death case.

I have zero problems with custody cases being brought when a parent is defending against criminal charges. To me, the interests of the children are what's important, not the "rights" of the accused. And its simple, to me. Innocent people have no problem fighting for custody at the same time.

I discussed this in detail on Kyron's thread.

I was watching JA today as they are showing clips for possible hearing on monday. But that point where she went after JM, That is the same posturing that AS had when being pushed by prosecutors.

I wonder if maybe AS would benefit from some kind of mental testing.

Wow. I didn't know there was another hearing in the JA case. Off to watch. Thanks Scarlett!

gitana, testifying in a civil suit "if you are innocent" is a lot like taking the stand to testify in your own defense. Most attorneys don't like to put their client on the stand, even if they are innocent, because the opposing attorney can twist their words. Why would you knowingly open your client to that? In the custody cases that are before or during a trial, the defendant would have to weigh the love of his child against the possibility that if he does so, it will be used against him in the criminal trial, showing his hand. I'm not usually in the camp of the defendant, but this seems like using the law for one thing while really using it for another. That feels wrong to me, especially if we are truly assuming innocence before the conviction.

O/T
Gitana1, did you see the July 30, 2013 news about Kyron?

http://www.kptv.com/story/22967375/mom-of-kyron-horman-plans-to-give-update-on-civil-case

gitana, testifying in a civil suit "if you are innocent" is a lot like taking the stand to testify in your own defense. Most attorneys don't like to put their client on the stand, even if they are innocent, because the opposing attorney can twist their words. Why would you knowingly open your client to that? In the custody cases that are before or during a trial, the defendant would have to weigh the love of his child against the possibility that if he does so, it will be used against him in the criminal trial, showing his hand. I'm not usually in the camp of the defendant, but this seems like using the law for one thing while really using it for another. That feels wrong to me, especially if we are truly assuming innocence before the conviction.

O/T

http://www.kptv.com/story/22967375/mom-of-kyron-horman-plans-to-give-update-on-civil-case

Thank you formatting this! Update
I truly hope her friend testifies against her! It's time for Terri to be held accountable for her actions. My heart goes out to kyrons mom! I don't have any respect for the father so ill keep my opinions to myself.

O/T

Attorneys agree that their client should take the stand often, in criminal cases. That is, when they feel the client is innocent. It's when they feel they are not (or that they make a horrible witness) that they advise against it. So here's the thing, why would testifying in a civil trial be more dangerous than testifying in one's own criminal trial?

Bottom line, however, is that regardless of the attorney's attitudes or advise, no parent who loves, is connected to and is the primary caretaker of their children would ever voluntarily give up custody because they fear incriminating themselves. Innocent people are more than willing to0 take the stand and are determined to do so. I know this as I interned at the Federal Public Defender's office, my law partner is a criminal defense attorney and I have observed it all over the years as a family law attorney. I know exactly what parents will do for the sake of their children and what they will risk.

Finally, I have no problem using a child custody case to pressure a suspect or defendant or to force answers that can incriminate them because again, wild horses could not keep an innocent parent from testifying in order to retain custody and if a parent is a murderer, they should not be anywhere near their kids, IMO.

O/T

Oh, I forgot to say, yes I did see that info earlier! I really hope ti leads somewhere. Very strangely, I seriously was JUST TALKING ABOUT DE DE right before the news came out and wondering how such a person could live with themselves and the knowledge that they may have abetted a crime.

AS is just as much a very strange human being, imo, as Hemy.....They both are where they belong.

2:50 PM - Neuman suggested going to a dance club and a theater while planning his itinerary [with Sneiderman] for an international business trip to England.

3:01 PM - Geary presents an e-mail revealing that Sneiderman paid for a hotel room in England where they [Sneiderman and Neman] stayed, together, on her GE Amex card

seems visibly agitated.

3:56 PM - Prosecutors play a clip of Sneiderman crying and upset because Neuman didn't want to meet with her.

4:02 PM - Sneiderman explains that she thought Neuman was in love with her which is why she believes he killed her husband; she makes the statement: "What other reason does someone kill someone. I don't think there are any good reasons."

This link has the HN trial in notes as above:
http://www.11alive.com/news/article/228929/1/HEMY-NEUMAN--Murder-trial-live-blog-

2:50 PM - Neuman suggested going to a dance club and a theater while planning his itinerary [with Sneiderman] for an international business trip to England.

3:01 PM - Geary presents an e-mail revealing that Sneiderman paid for a hotel room in England where they [Sneiderman and Neman] stayed, together, on her GE Amex card

seems visibly agitated.

3:56 PM - Prosecutors play a clip of Sneiderman crying and upset because Neuman didn't want to meet with her.

4:02 PM - Sneiderman explains that she thought Neuman was in love with her which is why she believes he killed her husband; she makes the statement: "What other reason does someone kill someone. I don't think there are any good reasons."

This link has the HN trial in notes as above:
http://www.11alive.com/news/article/228929/1/HEMY-NEUMAN--Murder-trial-live-blog-

Thanks for the link JJ...I totally forgot the part about Hemy uninviting his wife along on the trip to England and taking Andrea instead.

I remember that Hemy said that when Andrea finally "gave in" that the experience was right up there with the birth of his twins....I didn't realize he has three kids.....that must have made the third kid feel lousy.

I'm always amazed when I watch Andrea in these video clips testifying at Hemy's trial.....what a nasty woman. It's hard to imagine that she could ever be a loving mother in any way, shape or form! And I bet she was a witch to work with at GE!

Has anyone heard if there is a book being written about this case? Sure hope so - I've had to miss so much of these trials!

I am so behind in everything. I think everyone is aware that I closed on Aug.7 so between moving and not having cable for a couple of days I'm so behind. So I have a few questions. I thought I heard that the murder charges were dropped against her, is that correct? What is the most time she will serve? I'm glad she was found guilty. Was it 9 of 13 charges she was found guilty on? Sorry for all the questions but, I'm still hanging curtains and really don't have the time to go back and read. It's only been a couple of weeks I've been out of touch but it feels like months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024