GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam Co, 2 May 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess, hmm, like SS said, jeesh, found myself thinking it ....."it's what we dont know that's important"
Going inside to get the towels......seemed like an afterthought
If theyd come prepared to do that, they'd have had tarps instead
BUT, they left blood everywhere in the garage

I guess we dont know if something spooked them maybe.........if someone was bitten or shot

My thoughts were that if they took the whole body and dumped him in the lake too, if they surfaced, the dna is still there inside the mouth possibly? (or bullet in head)

Thinking of that, makes me think they DID want her to surface, as Ive wondered from the beginning.........if they wanted her found, they dont want him found with dna in his mouth.......and I dont know what water does if found within 10 days like SD was, certainly any dna or evidence on the clothing or skin was washed away but what about inside the mouth or something on or in the skull, IDK

THere was no need to take him if they had to behead him due to dna or other evidence on his skull and afterwards, cant move him, too much blood to move him

ALso an identifiable bullet also could have still been lodged and that could NOT be discovered by LE

SOMETHING made them cut his head off, SOMETHING did and the towels make me think it wasnt planned

Piling towels under his torso to stop the flow, it all seemed as if something happened that was not planned and it had to be done in their minds and then the blood was everywhere, oh no!

I dont think the morning of the Derby party that either would have been out and about, probably resting and getting ready for the event, errands taken care of thursday and or friday, home preparing a dish or whatever......and they WERE almost 90..........I think, MOO, that whoever did this, KNEW they'd be home together.

I also think they were VERY comfortable in that home, due to the time spent there, going in the house, boating on the lake, they knew the D's well

Like SS says, they had no enemies, nothing sinister in their lives or accts.......implying no one would want to kill them, very simple lives........I agree, I dont think it was some crime of passion sts, I would say some crazy stranger did this but they wouldnt hang around so long Id think and it was clearly 2 or more people involved, one to boat, 2 to restrain and I agree and have said, there would have been a mess

No mess except the garage, this had to be planned, who wanted it done and who did it may be separate people all together, and the one hiring this out problaby didnt want him beheaded, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, they did

From reports SD was an early riser, she was dressed in casual day clothes, RD was known to lounge in his robe if he had no plans for the day

MOre than likely and typically, the remaining spouse receives, not the family, except for minor things or momentos

SS didnt mention anything unusual about the will, not that he WOULD but he's still perplexed by the whol ething, I would hope he had their wills and if he saw a red flag, he would be investigating family now......I see what you are saying though.......I feel, FEEL like, which means nothing really LOL, but that their wills were pretty simple, each spouse received after the first one passed.......Remember RD DID start the franchises for the kids so I dont think he'd stiff them in the end

I do think that if one lived, the other one would need all the money for a nursing home, family would have had to deal with her becasue she would have been a basket case Im sure.....OMG .......Ive posted this time and gain......... KD SAID........basically......... it was just as well mom died too, she wouldnt have wanted to live without RD

Hey dancin! Your last paragraph makes a LOT of sense. Say Mr. D is murdered, and Mrs. D survives, she could have lived to 100, in an assisted living center. That would have seriously eaten away, whatever Mr. D had left her. So, they both had to go!

IMHO

Hey dancin! Your last paragraph makes a LOT of sense. Say Mr. D is murdered, and Mrs. D survives, she could have lived to 100, in an assisted living center. That would have seriously eaten away, whatever Mr. D had left her. So, they both had to go!

IMHO
Only logical explanation i can think of Wilde............. For now

IMHO
I forget what SS called it when he said RD had been transferring funds to his other account for the payment coming out - but wasn't that fund some kind of insurance or something, which would cover the cost of a nursing home when/(if?) needed?

That *does* make sense, however, as has been said, surely SS has looked thoroughly into family, statistically the most likely candidates, by now (and all along)?

From the tax assessors site

the dock is only 215 feet from the D's dock, to the middle of the yard is 300 ft and to the house itself is 350 ft

assuming they were on the dock.........that was broad daylight, these people were VERY COMFORTABLE at this place, they KNEW no one would see or suspect anything

qPublic.net - Putnam County, GA
Just curious what that huge chunk of land is, extending beyond the boundaries of the neighbor's (Maples) property - would that be govt owned land? And if so, how did the neighbor get the use of this land, and the ability to put a dock out from it?

the dock is only 215 feet from the D's dock, to the middle of the yard is 300 ft and to the house itself is 350 ft

assuming they were on the dock.........that was broad daylight, these people were VERY COMFORTABLE at this place, they KNEW no one would see or suspect anything

We don't know where in the yard this 'man' was seen, could've been water-side, road-side, in-between, or on the dock? Depending on where exactly this 'man' was seen, would help a lot in knowing which neighbor across the 'cove' would've been able to see.

IF..............IF............anyone saw anything..............IF there was a man on the lawn

THis is an article from May 2015..........one year later, someone FIANLLY said they Saw a man on the lawn of the D's .YET, YET theyd interviewed hundreds! Did this person not know to come forward or hear about this murder before a year!? yet they remember it was on saturday afternoon?

OK Im not buying it still
Read this:

EATONTON, Ga. — Investigators in the year-old murder of an elderly Georgia couple would like to learn more about a man spotted on the lawn of the murder victims, the sheriff investigating the case said Tuesday.

"I consider (him) a suspect myself," said Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills. "But that's all I'll say about it. We had a witness that saw him out there."

Sills would not elaborate, nor would he provide a description of the man.

----------------------

WHY would a Sheriff so desperate to solve this case, TELL US "THAT'S ALLLL he is gonna say about that" in regards to a man on the lawn you want identified??!..........WHAT?! LOL
Is there something that says the date on which this 'witness' saw the 'man spotted on the lawn'? Is it possible that although SS may not have mentioned it to the media/public until one year later, the report may have been made at the time?

Also, I'm not sure how he could have elaborated any further on this 'man'.. it seems that is all the info he had - no description other than enough was seen to have known it was a 'man'? There must be a reason why the 'witness' was so sure it was a male, and that could potentially be held back in order to have possibly independent confirmation of same at a later time? (ie *if* there ever is a trial, and someone close to the accused describes what the accused had been wearing, and it matched the 'witness' description, with*out* the description ever having been in the news?)

This map is even better!

So many good thoughts being posted lately.

Did any of the out of town residents have housesitters during the time of the murders?

Retirement fund? Pension? I dont remember either but I do remember that he was putting money aside for his retirement, id forgotten about this

So that may take some heat of my scenario a little

I still think it would be hard to watch and live with her knowing how much she's grieving or maybe traumatized

As I mentioned early on...........was it a mercy killing? You know, she couldnt live without RD anyway so KD stated?

IDK, ive heard of this kind of killing though......... it's a sadistic thought however!

I forget what SS called it when he said RD had been transferring funds to his other account for the payment coming out - but wasn't that fund some kind of insurance or something, which would cover the cost of a nursing home when/(if?) needed?

Is there something that says the date on which this 'witness' saw the 'man spotted on the lawn'? Is it possible that although SS may not have mentioned it to the media/public until one year later, the report may have been made at the time?

Also, I'm not sure how he could have elaborated any further on this 'man'.. it seems that is all the info he had - no description other than enough was seen to have known it was a 'man'? There must be a reason why the 'witness' was so sure it was a male, and that could potentially be held back in order to have possibly independent confirmation of same at a later time? (ie *if* there ever is a trial, and someone close to the accused describes what the accused had been wearing, and it matched the 'witness' description, with*out* the description ever having been in the news?)
Thank you

I have gone back and forth on this so many times!

The distance from that dock or even thru some trees on their lot, the D's lot wasnt wooded

I know Ive seen people across teh lake at that distance or fruther and could tell things about them like colors of clothing or even hair color

I dont think one could tell it was a man or a woman from having seen them in pants alone, I could see more that it would be a woman, say , wearing a skirt or colorful pants or leggings, bathing suit etc

but why say "and that's all im gonna say about that"?? Instead of " it appeared to be man from the distance they saw him, he was shirtless, etc, it was almost like he didnt know what else to say about it LOL I guess he doesnt owe anyone an explanation but I would think it would helpt the case atleast.......shrug

I dont think anyone else thinks that the lawn guy was a ploy or decoy except maybe, maybe......hockeyguy and myself

I would think he would have wanted that information out soon in hopes to jog some memories, after a year, people forget times and places unless it has plagued them adn this very well could be that too, the reason it came out so late

but if he's considered a suspect as SS said............it makes much more logical sense to give us anything you can on this situation, otherwise I guess, some will just poo poo the whole idea and forget it

thanks for comments, I'll further ponder it haha

We don't know where in the yard this 'man' was seen, could've been water-side, road-side, in-between, or on the dock? Depending on where exactly this 'man' was seen, would help a lot in knowing which neighbor across the 'cove' would've been able to see.
for real though, thats what Im talking about..........we have nothing to believe this is even true really

but......if you move from the dock to the lot and down into the cove, the span is much closer ....

if it was from the Maples lot, i can see trees interferring and I can also see that all someone may be able to say is, "I saw a PERSON on the lawn" if the view is that good, cant you tell hair color, certainly light or dark hair, dark skinned or caucasion, shirt color even, if it didnt stand out, maybe it was navy or back, if it stood out was it white or colored shirt? things like that

should have hypnotized them LOLROF

and if we knew it was maples lot, then we can probalby suspect the perps did not park their boat in her boat slip or on the shore

so many questions still?

thanks

Just curious what that huge chunk of land is, extending beyond the boundaries of the neighbor's (Maples) property - would that be govt owned land? And if so, how did the neighbor get the use of this land, and the ability to put a dock out from it?
Im guessing, knowing that GA power owns the frontage that, THAT is Maples property and dock

GA power approves or rejects docks and their design, size and placement on these waters, well I know they do on Sinclair..........this shows a dock and no other access but from Maples propertly

If you see the black line that runs along the shore but some feet off the waters edge, that is the owned portion of the land, the rest beyond that an in the water is the leased section of land

I presume from experience, on sinclair however

for real though, thats what Im talking about..........we have nothing to believe this is even true really

but......if you move from the dock to the lot and down into the cove, the span is much closer ....

if it was from the Maples lot, i can see trees interferring and I can also see that all someone may be able to say is, "I saw a PERSON on the lawn" if the view is that good, cant you tell hair color, certainly light or dark hair, dark skinned or caucasion, shirt color even, if it didnt stand out, maybe it was navy or back, if it stood out was it white or colored shirt? things like that

should have hypnotized them LOLROF

and if we knew it was maples lot, then we can probalby suspect the perps did not park their boat in her boat slip or on the shore

so many questions still?

thanks
Just trying to catch up on things but your post above has inspired a thought - about the hair! It's not all *that* often that we might see a 'bald' woman, right? Could *that* be why 'the witness' 'knew' it was a 'man'? Also.. perhaps the size of the (bald) head, possibly body-shape, all combined.. but maybe SS didn't want to say much for the reasons I mentioned further up - so that he'd have info to compare against in future, should a viable suspect/accused be named?

Retirement fund? Pension? I dont remember either but I do remember that he was putting money aside for his retirement, id forgotten about this

So that may take some heat of my scenario a little

I still think it would be hard to watch and live with her knowing how much she's grieving or maybe traumatized

As I mentioned early on...........was it a mercy killing? You know, she couldnt live without RD anyway so KD stated?

IDK, ive heard of this kind of killing though......... it's a sadistic thought however!
If we take that theory a bit further - who would care about the future life/feelings of the widowed spouse? Let's take a count...

This map is even better!

So many good thoughts being posted lately.

Did any of the out of town residents have housesitters during the time of the murders?
Could any such housesitter have been a previously active realtor?

Could any such housesitter have been a previously active realtor?

Ohhh... Very interesting thought!

Yet, we are faced with fact there was no real investigation (that we know of) regarding the "accidental drowning". Which still remains puzzling !?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaV
Back