GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to mention that, but didn't want to bring it up if it had not been posted in the MSM.

Does it say anything else about the murder?

If not can we talk about it, or do we have to wait till mentioned in MSM?

QueenD, I wasn't (and still am not) so sure how far we could go with it either. We did discuss some last night -- but I think we need to be at least somewhat conservative with it at the moment. JMO

ETA: The document someone linked last night gives some details of the murder, but we have not specifically discussed THOSE -- and that's what I'm unsure about under TOS, as well.

do any neighbors have security cameras?? and what did they hear? If its night when this occurred, sound travels more at night.

But there are many boats about on the lake, probably wouldn't be paid much attention at the time.

We have a home on the sister lake and boats around the dock all during the night are common. I never hear them from inside the house unless they are racing to their fishing spots for a tournament.

It seems like removing someone's head would leave a trail of blood unless it was immediately stuffed into a plastic bag. And it would seem like there would be a weapon (knife, ax) near by. Its strange that the couple's son was also killed but years ago. It didn't say who killed the son and how if and they were caught and convicted or not. They are a bit old for it to revolve around a love triangle, so what would the motive be since valuables weren't stolen. I wonder if the couple had any enemies. They didn't seem to suspect that his wife killed him and then took off. And her purse (and car?) were left behind. This whole things is very strange and scary too.

wow------56 guests----with our awesome WS members and all the newbies that came in today--this is really cool to see

I like that Sheriff and I think he's humble enough to ask for the help and to use it. I believe he will do everything in his power to find the killer/abductor.

I like that Sheriff and I think he's humble enough to ask for the help and to use it. I believe he will do everything in his power to find the killer/abductor.

JMO, but I have the feeling he is getting plenty of help on this one.

I wanted to mention that, but didn't want to bring it up if it had not been posted in the MSM.

Does it say anything else about the murder?

If not can we talk about it, or do we have to wait till mentioned in MSM?

"An online record search shows that Mark Dermond was murdered Aug. 30, 2000, in Atlanta in a drug deal gone bad. Troy Major was convicted Nov. 9, 2001, in Mark’s death and sentenced to life imprisonment for malice murder and consecutive terms of 20 years for aggravated assault and five years for possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony. His motions for appeal were denied by the state supreme court April 5, 2005, and again July 13, 2006."
http://www.msgr.com/news/crime/article_4301bba8-d6dc-11e3-9a0f-0019bb2963f4.html

"An online record search shows that Mark Dermond was murdered Aug. 30, 2000, in Atlanta in a drug deal gone bad. Troy Major was convicted Nov. 9, 2001, in Mark’s death and sentenced to life imprisonment for malice murder and consecutive terms of 20 years for aggravated assault and five years for possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony. His motions for appeal were denied by the state supreme court April 5, 2005, and again July 13, 2006."
http://www.msgr.com/news/crime/article_4301bba8-d6dc-11e3-9a0f-0019bb2963f4.html

Great -- now we have MSM!

So the son's murder was in 2000, as we thought. I think maybe I can safely say now that, last night, on a whim considering the reported circumstances of his death, I searched the name of the son on the Georgia Dept. of Corrections website. I found a record going back to 1997 (I believe it was) with that name -- NOT saying it WAS him. Weird thing was -- it verbally described a white male with blue eyes, but had a mugshot of a black male...?? Maybe not pertinent at all, but was just so strange.

It seems like removing someone's head would leave a trail of blood unless it was immediately stuffed into a plastic bag. And it would seem like there would be a weapon (knife, ax) near by. Its strange that the couple's son was also killed but years ago. It didn't say who killed the son and how if and they were caught and convicted or not. They are a bit old for it to revolve around a love triangle, so what would the motive be since valuables weren't stolen. I wonder if the couple had any enemies. They didn't seem to suspect that his wife killed him and then took off. And her purse (and car?) were left behind. This whole things is very strange and scary too.

I just posted a link and excerpt about who killed their son and why, post #189.

I think this is a typo:
"Two other sons, Keith and David, live in Florida where they work in restaurant franchising and real estate."
Previous to this statement, it mentions the Pastors first name as David, (Different last name) then after this statement about Keith and David, the article mentions about Keith and BRAD.
I think they mentioned David when the should have mentioned BRAD instead....
IMOO.

Someone mentioned earlier RUMORS that the elder Dermonds were in the witness protection program. I don't think so. But I wonder if it could possibly be that someone they know is in that situation, or something similar.

Yes! :) Thanks! :) Different source...exact wording.
This is the article we have been discussing in the thread.

The identity theft problems of the elder Dermonds -- mentioned earlier in this thread and now described in those articles -- is concerning, too. I know it is not at ALL uncommon, but just wondering if, in this case, it could somehow tie in to the latest ghastly events.

Maybe this all stems from retaliation from the murderer of their son. Their children must be so fearful for their safety. Their names and residences are in MSM. Surely they will have heavy police protection. Since their son's murderer didn't get out of prison like he had wanted perhaps he had someone else do the job for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?