GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
as older people they probably did not think of it--too much technology perhaps??? have to remember to set it, the password, etc

I am technology dumb lol. Mine runs 24/7, and no passwords. A child could set it up. :)

I agree. Plus -- a lot of people just don't want to have to live like that.

I never even think of my cameras. I just know I always feel secure. This is not the 60's. I wish it were though.

I think even if she had gotten a ride with someone and wasn't at home, and apprehended elsewhere, she most likely would have had her pocketbook and cellphone with her I would assume, and with these at home, it does sound like she was taken from home.
IMOO.

Hot cawfee, Take a look at a satellite map for the address and see how rural and remote the house is. It is lakefront and the lake is very large and interconnected to other waterways. It is a big fishing area and is very common for boats to be on the lake all hours of the day or night.

The area around their house is heavily wooded and even if the neighbors had security cameras, it is unlikely that would capture anything going on at the Dermond's house.

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf...=us&ei=evNrU8_rGOmwyQHH3YCoDg&ved=0CCoQ8gEwAA

The house is in a guarded community, but there is not actually a gate according to this article: http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2014/05/06/putnam-county-possible-abduction/8785443/

Seems too remote to be random.
If it was accessed by boat, it was someone who knows them or someone who did a LOT of homework.
You need to know a lake pretty well to locate property- then again I forgot about GPS... not that hard.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I hate to creep out anyone here----but this has occurred to me-----does anyone watch the HBO series True Detective? I am wondering if this may be a ritualistic killing or some copycat of a video game. Just a thought....a creepy one but it popped in to my head.

heading out for the night sweetlings---everyone have a great night and be safe!!!

May we have good news in the morning

I wonder if the plan was to abduct both. Perhaps Mr. Dermond was unable to leave the premises on his own and his body was left but the head was taken to send a message? I have your parents... whatever.
Sounds like they very well may have come in by boat.
If the poor old man died of a heart attack or something it would be hard to get his entire body in the boat.
If he was decapitated an intruder would have had to have brought the right tool or he knew where to get one in the house without disturbing much.
I wonder if anything in particular points to there being just one perp.

I guess he could have been shot and the head was removed to hide what weapon was used.

My dad has friends in the area and they are all near 80.
He seems to think it's a nut on the loose.
Moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I think people in a gated community tend to feel extremely safe, but when there is an (open) waterway then it's really an illusion of safety.

Beheadings are done a lot in the drug world....lots of these in Mexico.

Pretty good general wrap-up of "the case so far" at the link below. Much stuff we already know, but I think some new nuggets of info, as well. Some additional info about the death of their one son, MD.

bbm in the quote

Grim slaying, disappearance have Putnam authorities stymied

...“I have a missing 87-year-old woman,” the sheriff said, “and there’s not a shred of evidence where she went.”

Due to the condition of her husband’s body, the FBI has checked for any sign of organized crime, Sills said. They’ve combed through phone records and financial records. ...

...The Dermonds had missed a Kentucky Derby viewing party Saturday afternoon, a gathering they had RSVP’d their intention to attend.

The couple’s house was unlocked, and there was no sign of forced entry when neighbors went to see about them. ...
much more at: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/08/3087453/decapitation-unlikely-cause-of.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1

Should any unsavory SOBs be reading this thread, you do know that you could be charged for harboring a murderer. Save your skin and call law enforcement immediately.

WOW, any other druglords in the family, this could be a hit for someone just owing money or having stolen some drug money or not turned it in.

Their son wasn't a drug lord. He was just a small buyer. It was one of the drug dealers who killed him because instead of selling him rock cocaine he wanted to rob him instead. The drug dealer probably could tell their son had money.

I don't think anyone in the family is involved in this in any way.

The other children don't even live there and are very successful on their own.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members