GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...maybe there is an evidence marker on that bunch of stuff...

1399492205006-Still0507-00006.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/f02...2014/05/07//1399492205006-Still0507-00006.jpg

Thank you Grasshopper! I'm reading through now. Page 18 of 157. Picky, picky, picky. This one rules me out immediately (besides the price):

I have livestock and :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:
When I read your post I was a little surprised because I was sure that one of my customers in Great Waters had an (immaculate, of course) stable/barn that could hold, I think, five to six horses, though only one was there at the time. Since I have not been there since 2010 and most of the jobs I did there were a few years earlier, I thought maybe I was thinking of a different lake resort community.

So I did a word search on the covenant document and, sure enough, you could have (neat, clean) horses as long as you were on a larger parcel (3 acres, I think it said) and not running a commercial enterprise out of it or renting to third parties.

So...my memory is still intact (hurrah!) and maybe y'all can get a clearer understanding of just how remote and different this community is to what most of us are familiar.

I also ought to take this time to describe the "typical" layout of the approach and frontage of most of the dwellings. As I said earlier, land is king and so only those trees that are absolutely necessary to get construction materials and equipment to the site are removed. Thus we have a look from the copters as if the houses are set down into a jungle. They ARE in a jungle, but of pines and hardwoods.

If the parcel allows, then, the house will be secluded and barely (if at all) visible from the street.

As you get to the end of the driveway you will normally arrive to a huge laying of concrete about the size of two basketball courts laying side by side.

The front of the house will be in the middle of the long side at the end. The detached (usually large) garage will be to your right on this court. The left of this large "courtyard" is usually left as parking for guests for up to 3 or 4 cars. (no one will be blocked).

In the home that included the stable, it was just another (large) building not too far from the courtyard and set where it could not be seen by either the road or the lake.

Chickens, though, are verboten unless they are safely in a KFC bucket. :smile:

Ok thanks, I've seen that pic. So, in the video you saw, it looks like a pile of clothes or something? That's interesting because I thought it was a wet spot on the driveway.

If it were evidence, like Mr. D's clothing, wouldn't there be an evidence marker near it?

I found the video. Look at 3:53...It definetly is clothing...and there is a evidence marker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSWlE_l97yk

(video from ClaireNC)

Hmmm...maybe there is an evidence marker on that bunch of stuff...
Could be...and it could be a wet spot.

And since I serviced homes in the area, I can almost assure you that that is not an oil spot.

The driveways are as spotless as everything else in the subdivision. The homeowners have nice cars and if some visitor left an oil spot, it would be removed very quickly.

If I even thought that my van would leave a spot, I would park at the street and walk down.

So in conclusion, that could be the point of attack and the body dragged into the garage (which if the "blueprint" of the house that has been posted earlier is correct) is right in front of the garage.

Thanks for the video link! I thought the video would show it more of a mound or give it some dimension but it didn't do that for me.

I'm still not sure. I think that this might be the decapitation spot where some of his blood pooled and then Mr. D was dragged into the garage from there. The upper portion of the darkened area looks like it has some lightening or feathering of the substance.

JMO

BTW - It was so wonderful when I went to listen to the JVM video - it wasn't JVM hosting that day! :dance:

I found the video. Look at 3:53...It definetly is clothing...and there is a evidence marker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSWlE_l97yk

(video from ClaireNC)
EXCELLENT video. I hope everyone stops and takes the time to view it.

The opening minute gives the visual to what I have been trying to describe verbally. It is very isolated (the guardhouse at the entrance is five miles from nowhere and 1.7 miles from the victims house according to Google Maps) and you'll also see the tasteful white picket fence that is also a deterrent.

Thanks again for posting it!

Thanks for the video link! I thought the video would show it more of a mound or give it some dimension but it didn't do that for me.

I'm still not sure. I think that this might be the decapitation spot where some of his blood pooled and then Mr. D was dragged into the garage from there. The upper portion of the darkened area looks like it has some lightening or feathering of the substance.

JMO

You could be right...Its been a long day for me..

Snipped from link" http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/c...1/decapitation-mystery-nobody-around-here-did

Dennis Stevenson used to work security in the Dermonds’ neighborhood. He said he believes the killer or killers most likely approached the house by boat, but he also said it’s not out of the question they could have just driven through the guarded entrance.

“All you’ve got to do is have that sticker on the front and when they see that sticker they just wave you through,” he said as a he sat on a bench downtown.

BBM

I wonder how recently it was that they sold their boat.

The people who came to look at the boat would have had a convenient tour of the property down to the dock and then for a spin in the boat.

I wonder if the "security" gate kept a log of license plate numbers or something, anything.

IMO, those people should be questioned!

I wonder how recently it was that they sold their boat.

The people who came to look at the boat would have had a convenient tour of the property down to the dock and then for a spin in the boat.

I wonder if the "security" gate kept a log of license plate numbers or something, anything.

IMO, those people should be questioned!

According to that press conference video with the sheriff posted on the previous page the boat was sold several years ago so I don't think it is a factor...IMO.

Just want to throw this out there.

It has been said by the Sheriff that there has not been any ransom demands. My question is -- if there has been, and no one told LE about it, then LE would not know.

We do not know the extent of assets of anyone in the family; extended or otherwise. We really do not no anything of the financial holdings, with the exception of the property. Despite the fact that nothing has been touched in the known bank accounts, and the children have said that nothing was taken from the home, there could be money in off-shore accounts, real-estate holdings in other areas as well as joint ventures in other businesses that could be tapped to make a pay-off.

There could also even be bearer bonds, although they no longer carry the same tax relief or gain interest on the face amount (in this country), and are no longer something that is common, they are still very cashable. They are not "registered" to anyone, so whomever has them physically "in hand" is the owner. You now have to give them your name and SS # when cashing them in, but since there was no record of who they were given to in the first place, no one would know that they have been stolen.

There has been nothing from MSM that has even hinted that this
may be the case, but if we were to suddenly learn that there had actually been a ransom demand, that would certainly change the dynamics of this entire crime.

There also has been nothing said about any polygraph tests and no one has been named as a POI. The only person, at least to this point, (unless I missed it) who has been stated as not being a suspect in Mr. D murder is Mrs. D (and the Sheriff lol )

Just another theoretical idea to toss about.

Hopefully, something will soon present itself that will enable LE to find Mrs. D and catch the monster(s) who did this.

Hi Foxfire and ocean, :seeya: I knew y'all would be on this case with your excellent sleuthing skills.
IMO, someone who lives right there in RP is responsible for this heinous crime. The decapitation of Mr. D leads me to believe that a sociopath/psychopath is amongst the residents of this gated community. I also won't be surprised if the perp(s) were on Meth. As stated by ocean and FF, Meth has been the common denominator in quite a few cases here on WS.
I believe LE should be looking at a son or grandson, who still lives at home, who is definitely a sociopath/psychopath, and is known to have a Meth addiction. As always, jmo.

Russell Dermond has paid taxes on a 23-foot boat, which Sills said the couple recently sold, and Dermond reportedly owned fast-food restaurants. Tax records connect him to a Wendy's and a Chick-fil-A.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/08/justice/georgia-elderly-man-decapitated-wife-missing/?c=&page=4

The Dermonds once owned a boat, but they sold it years ago, the sheriff said.
http://www.macon.com/2014/05/08/3087453/decapitation-unlikely-cause-of.html

It has been reported both ways.
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Talking about that spot on the driveway next to where the investigation team is set up.

Don't think LE would park right next to a blood spot without blocking it off. I also zoomed in on it using my mouse and to me it looks like 2 rectangular black camera/equipment bags with long shoulder straps.

There is a different picture of the same spot here. If you click on slide #3 it will open up to a much bigger picture. In this picture the area in question is cut off compared to one posted above and only one of the bags are visible. Looks like there is some type of writing on the side of the bag. You can also see what appeared to be several of those brown paper evidence bags on the other side of the van.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/05/08/elderly-man-beheaded-wife-missing/8840037/

(Sorry I can't figure out how to post the actual picture without blowing the margins)

Talking about that spot on the driveway next to where the investigation team is set up.

Don't think LE would park right next to a blood spot without blocking it off. I also zoomed in on it using my mouse and to me it looks like 2 rectangular black camera/equipment bags with long shoulder straps.

There is a different picture of the same spot here. If you click on slide #3 it will open up to a much bigger picture. In this picture the area in question is cut off compared to one posted above and only one of the bags are visible. Looks like there is some type of writing on the side of the bag. You can also see what appeared to be several of those brown paper evidence bags on the other side of the van.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/05/08/elderly-man-beheaded-wife-missing/8840037/

(Sorry I can't figure out how to post the actual picture without blowing the margins)

I don't think they would be that close either.
They would be parked in the crime scene.
Moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Cher, you got it! It's bags. The strap hanging over is what made the area on the top look like it got gradually lighter from a distance.

1399492205001-Still0507-00001.jpg

More questions:

1 - I wonder how long this gated community's security cameras haven't been working for? Why weren't they fixed? Who would have been responsible for doing so? Is it possible that "someone" was responsible for the cameras (conveniently) not working?...had intentionally done something so that they weren't working - in preparation for this tragedy?

2 - You would think that tracking dogs would have been able to pick up Mrs D's scent, to at least give any idea as to which direction she'd have been removed from the property? --- or would that be difficult to pick up a helpful scent due to the fact that it was her home and her scent be all over?

3 - It seems to me, and this is JMO, but that this was all done to send a message to someone else in the family....to one of the Dermonds' children. What could be worse than to learn your elderly father was decapitated, head taken, and your mother appears to have been abducted? I don't see this as anything other than some kind of 'revenge' or 'warning/threat' to someone in the immediate family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor