GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be as simple as Mr. Dermond being killed outside the garage and then dragged inside.

But the sheriff said there was no blood spatter such as would come from a gunshot wound.

Just thinking...I know that is dangerous. :) Maybe after one of Mr. Dermond's walks he blew the whistle on a homeowner or confronted him about breaking one of the "rules".
And...they didn't take too kindly too it. That would be an extreme measure but perhaps it was an ongoing feud. Surely someone in the neighborhood would know about it though.

Well, here's one link, I'll keep searching.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/08/justice/georgia-elderly-man-decapitated-wife-missing/

Authorities have searched Lake Oconee in the vicinity of the Dermonds' home -- turning up only a lawn chair and a Christmas tree -- and sent cadaver dogs into the nearby woods, to no avail, Sills said. Police have also spoken to neighbors, family and friends

Thx Destiny.

Seems like LE would have used both kinds of dogs-
since, presumably, LE was trying to locate Mr D's head and Mrs D, (hopefully) still alive.

From some documentaries I've seen, properly trained dogs and handlers can make astonishing finds - under water, etc .

Cadaver dogs -
Do we know for sure where cadaver dogs did and did not alert? A link, pls?

Did LE bring in dogs trained to trail scent of a living person, e.g. Mrs D.?
Link, pls?

Sorry that I've missed the links.
Thx in adv. :seeya:

I think the reports of what the HRD dogs did have been sort of vague:

...Sills says search of the lake, a search of the grounds, the woods with cadaver dogs, and knocking on neighbors' doors has turned up nothing. The last phone contact with the couple was on Thursday and they have no leads....

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2014/05/06/putnam-county-possible-abduction/8785443/

I THOUGHT I saw mention of tracking/trailing dogs as well, but maybe not -- I'm not finding a link easily, anyhow. Surely they brought some in, though? (I hope.)

Dogs are mentioned in the press conference, too, I know:

Putnam County Press Conference - YouTube

Heck, if I had $35,000 for a darn membership fee, and paid over million for my house, I'm doing what I want on my land! No wonder I don't live where there's a HOA. I'd be kicked out the first week! boots, you and I will just have to keep our chick a luckers, and other animals, and stay where we are! Nah, I couldn't live like royalty, it would severely crimp my lifestyle. :D

And NO YARD SALES! :eek:

I had wondered about some.long standing HOA feud, but IMO people would know about it and I just can't see anyone taking it to those extremes over some HOA issues.
I have read at the blog for the neighborhood. Seems they argue a good bit, but no more than normal for that type of place IMO

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

But the sheriff said there was no blood spatter such as would come from a gunshot wound.

No splatter as that which would come from a decapitation. A gunshot wound to the head doesn't leave "splatter." IMHO.

There are ways to shoot someone in the head and not leave splatter.
If the bullet doesn't exit the skull or if you cover the head with a plastic bag first.... it will catch most of the blood.
That was a Dexter episode so, it could be inaccurate, but it makes sense.
I know I have heard of real cases where it was done, but I can't recall names.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

There appears to be a stain on the ground/pavement just in front of the drivers' door (photo 5).

Wow I just watched JVM show-5/9 and they showed a video of photo#5. It looks like clothing to me, lying on the ground to the left of car door.

No splatter as that which would come from a decapitation. A gunshot wound to the head doesn't leave "splatter." IMHO.

I think that they mentioned the fact that there was no blood spatter because they were referencing the fact that Mr. Dermond would have been deceased when he was decapitated. (Thank goodness)

IMO

We don't know for sure there was a gunshot wound. He could have been hit in the head. All we know is that they think it was some sort of head trauma that caused his death because there were no injuries to his body. Even that COD is subject to the toxicology report.

Wow I just watched JVM show-5/9 and they showed a video of photo#5. It looks like clothing to me, lying on the ground to the left of car door.

Can you please do a screenshot if you're on your computer or take a pic with camera or phone if you're watching on tv and post for us?

I can't seem to find these photos you guys are discussing. I looked at the link and scrolled down but didn't see anything useful there except overhead photos of the home. Am I seeing the right thing?

I know zero about bridge....but is there any betting or anything like that?
Could Mrs. D have made someone angry with bridge tournaments or such?

Photo #5

Attachments

• dermond.jpg
    dermond.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors